Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I thought so at first too, but all those other accounts have been inactive sellers that just randomly start selling again, and they selling things that aren't even close to what they've sold before.

This seller has been actively selling, and seems to be "legit".

The only thing questionable is the delivery method, and that the seller doesn't give you a code, but you need to either make a separate Steam account, and he activates it for you, or you change your password, then let him log on to activate it on an account you want.

It's all sort of janky and weird, lol.

Just an option if people were interested, and didn't really care about playing it on a different steam account. :p

Honestly, never seen something so odd before on eBay (but then again I don't buy digital stuff on eBay often).

So at least it's definitely not a hacked account, but certainly puts the risk of your account getting hacked? @_@ *shrug* lol
Ok, even if you're a dumbass and ignore the possibility of your account getting hijacked after you give this dude your details.. there's an even WORSE possibility. They can do a chargeback which will completely disable the ability to purchase and activate new games on your account. Since you aren't the one that did the chargeback it may be impossible to get Valve to unlock the account because you're not the one that initiated it in the first place so you really have no excuse in this matter when you explain it to Valve. Seriously, try explaining to Valve that someone "hacked" your account, bought a game on it (with their own cash, not yours), and then did a chargeback on it. They aren't going to believe your BS. I think this would be the ultimate nightmare of account restrictions, aside from getting VAC bans or the account straight up being disabled (which I haven't heard of happening anymore but who knows). All this to save $11.20. Just buy it from GMG if you want the game that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which has better odds - an indie dev getting paid by Groupees or your Steam account getting compromised after giving the password to a random ebay seller?

If anyone is actually considering this, I have good news for you:

oUGzGEx.jpg

Speaking of GMG, they're starting a summer sale on Monday. Get those Playfire rewards ready!

So what did I miss today?

I just came back from watching the new Ghostbusters film in gringoland because stupid Mexico won't get the movie until August.

Me Gusta.

I do have a PSTV though and have bought quite a bit for the Vita, almost all of it digital. I get the whole thing about the annoyance of the expensive proprietary Sony memory cards with limited space but for me having a PSTV and good internet I just download what I want when I want to play it and delete it when I'm done and need to make room for something else.

I've started slowing down how much I buy for the Vita lately though not because of physical or digital but just because so much of what comes out there is now starting to come to Steam as well whereas in the past it hadn't.
Motoki, the Vita is where weeaboo games live. Do you buy weeaboo games? Be honest now. We've all had our suspicions about you buying those LE panties from spoder's Muff Luv preorder before.

I suppose I should live in fear of the day that Cossacks swarm down onto Valve's servers and I lose all my games but, really, I don't think I'd care much.  I mean, obviously I'd be annoyed and all that, but it's not as though I'd feel like I lost $5,000 worth of games.  One side effect of relatively cheap digital products is that I view games as disposable and, once I played it and got my $5-$10 worth, I don't keep much attachment to it.  Even less so for the bundle stuff that averaged 25¢ a game.

Installed Windows 10.  Think I disabled most of the awful Cortana, ad tracking, predictive browsing, and send your info to Microsoft stuff.  Anyone have any other tips?

Oh...that 4.6 rated movie on IMDB. Ya no thanks, no SJW bullshit for me
40% of all votes on the movie are one star. As of now, 47% of all votes by males are one star. Only 8 percent of female voters rated it one star.

So you tell me. Was it SJW "bullshit", or was it whiny manchildren who can't stand a different take on the franchise that doesn't change a damn thing about it?

I didn't notice that at first. When Fiss pointed it out I noticed that fine print and uh yeahno.

56WjNit.png

He Chinese. He might play just and put peepee in my coke.

There goes that word again. I think people on CAG have a very different definition than the standard definition.
They just buy game using VPN from [whatever is cheapest] Steam Store or VPN activate key. You can do that yourself and save from getting account captured. GabeN's wrath might still come tho.

Games bought to own account aren't generally locked, only gift copies. For this game even RU copy is unlocked, so you can get it for ~$10.

40% of all votes on the movie are one star. As of now, 47% of all votes by males are one star. Only 8 percent of female voters rated it one star.

So you tell me. Was it SJW "bullshit", or was it whiny manchildren who can't stand a different take on the franchise that doesn't change a damn thing about it?
I don't see why it can't be both.

It could have been the choice of actresses, too. Melissa McCarthy is sadly my favorite of the four Fembusters, with the rest being SNL cast members I couldn't care less about.

Motoki, the Vita is where weeaboo games live. Do you buy weeaboo games? Be honest now. We've all had our suspicions about you buying those LE panties from spoder's Muff Luv preorder before.
I buy some but more RPGs and crap not into the hentai stuff and I grew up on old school Anime so I really can't stand moe and loli art styles at all.

I have stuff like Persona, Lost Dimenson, Tokyo Twighlight Ghost Hunters and Oreshika etc.

The closest thing I have to cutesy loli crap is some of the Atelier games but that was mainly because the idea of a game about mixing potions appealed to the Big Fish Grandma in me.

Lately I haven't bought much of anything though unless you count 'buying' the monthly set of PSN+ games.

I don't buy the titty stuff or the ass rubbing stuff, which wouldn't even work on the PSTV anyway even if I was into it, but I am amused and simultaneously a bit creeped out by it.

If you want to think that I'm all Nitrosmobbing my way through the Vita library though knock yourself out.

fuck Valve for getting rid of sub-0.5 per game bundles. Also, Forever Entertaiment games will be free sooner or later anyway tho.
And bundled like 100 times if those other Frederick games are any indication.

I guess that Director's cut was 90% off the first week if you owned the original. meh.

The only thing questionable is the delivery method, and that the seller doesn't give you a code, but you need to either make a separate Steam account, and he activates it for you, or you change your password, then let him log on to activate it on an account you want.

It's all sort of janky and weird, lol.

Just an option if people were interested, and didn't really care about playing it on a different steam account. :p

Honestly, never seen something so odd before on eBay (but then again I don't buy digital stuff on eBay often.
I saw the same shit on ebay the other day too. Though, it was for an Origins, damn Sims 4.

If it's not an outright scam, I mean what's the value of an Origins' account anways?, it's got to be some sort of regional pricing but no amount of money saved is worth that sort of security blunder.

Installed Windows 10. Think I disabled most of the awful Cortana, ad tracking, predictive browsing, and send your info to Microsoft stuff. Anyone have any other tips?
search google for spybot anti beacon. it pretty much hits all the setting you can do in one shot and its reversible. Microsoft already admitted you cant stop everything.

saw one review that nailed it perfectly. They are trying to discount all the bad press as misogyny. But the movie goes out of its way to man bash, as all the men are jerks or idiots. Then they also make the Leslie Jones character the stereotypical large black woman. Bad movie is bad, regardless of the social trappings.

saw one review that nailed it perfectly. They are trying to discount all the bad press as misogyny. But the movie goes out of its way to man bash, as all the men are jerks or idiots. Then they also make the Leslie Jones character the stereotypical large black woman. Bad movie is bad, regardless of the social trappings.
except it doesnt, have you seen the movie? Because I have, and it was actually pretty good. There was not one moment of man-bashing that I can remember, besides the secretary character being an idiot, but thats his character (though agreed it wears thin after a while). The rest (the mayor, the main protagonist, dean of the school, tour guides, etc) are playing their parts, theres no overt man bashing going on in the entire thing. Leslie Jones character is much more than the stereotypical large black woman and her extended knowledge plays a role in the plot

Honestly the ars technica review is probably the closest one Ive seen to what I agree with after seeing it. People need to drop this SJW bullshit, stop reading facebook like its life, and just watch a movie as a goddamn movie for once

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ghostbusters-is-a-perfect-example-of-how-internet-ratings-are-broken/

This is the best article that I've seen that addresses the Ghostbusters thing. Basically any composite ratings on any sites are bull due to MRA idiots voting it down without even watching it. Once you control for the bull, it seems it's your typical summer popcorn flick. Not great, not bad.

Edit:

And to add to that, it's a little disappointing to see so many people fall into the trap. I mean, let's give you guys the benefit of the doubt and say you're not racist and misogynist, you're letting your nerd rage consume you enough that you're using racist and misogynist arguments. I mean, almost every movie has stereotypical characters and not a word from people, but all of a sudden Leslie's character is stereotypical and must be defended by people who've spent their lives watching movies with much worse. And man bashing? I mean, let's assume the movie was some huge anti-man propaganda hit piece, it's one movie out of the 1000s in Hollywood, most of which enforce female stereotypes and gender roles. The whole thing is hilarious to me.

That tells me that over 80% of the audience (approximately 32/39) is male, because otherwise those female voters would swing the total percentage by a lot more than 7%. My assumption is that women who thought it would be terrible just didn't go to see it at all.

I buy some but more RPGs and crap not into the hentai stuff and I grew up on old school Anime so I really can't stand moe and loli art styles at all.

I have stuff like Persona, Lost Dimenson, Tokyo Twighlight Ghost Hunters and Oreshika etc.

The closest thing I have to cutesy loli crap is some of the Atelier games but that was mainly because the idea of a game about mixing potions appealed to the Big Fish Grandma in me.

Lately I haven't bought much of anything though unless you count 'buying' the monthly set of PSN+ games.

I don't buy the titty stuff or the ass rubbing stuff, which wouldn't even work on the PSTV anyway even if I was into it, but I am amused and simultaneously a bit creeped out by it.

If you want to think that I'm all Nitrosmobbing my way through the Vita library though knock yourself out.
So more Mobile Suit Gundam and My Neighbor Totoro and less Azumanga Diaoh and Ouran School Host Club?

What the hell is this, CheapAssMovieGoer.com?

Can we get back on topic; to talking about shoes and what we had for lunch.

Thanks.

What the hell is this, CheapAssMovieGoer.com?

Can we get back on topic; to talking about shoes and what we had for lunch.

Thanks.
Well, reading up on Ghostbusters made me sad.
Paul Fieg's dad ran a really cool Army/Navy surplus about 5 miles from where I grew up... and it was actually where I bought all my camping supplies while I was growing up. Freaks and Geeks was literally inspired by the rival school of the high school I went to.

Getting back on topic, I really like Chuck Taylor All Stars, though it makes me sad that unless you pick them up on sale they're now pretty much always $40. Though I guess that's still better than Allen Edmonds, which are basically always like $400.

For lunch? I dunno. I'd like a cookie, though

except it doesnt, have you seen the movie? Because I have, and it was actually pretty good. There was not one moment of man-bashing that I can remember, besides the secretary character being an idiot, but thats his character (though agreed it wears thin after a while). The rest (the mayor, the main protagonist, dean of the school, tour guides, etc) are playing their parts, theres no overt man bashing going on in the entire thing. Leslie Jones character is much more than the stereotypical large black woman and her extended knowledge plays a role in the plot

Honestly the ars technica review is probably the closest one Ive seen to what I agree with after seeing it. People need to drop this SJW bullshit, stop reading facebook like its life, and just watch a movie as a goddamn movie for once
This.

This Gamergate, and yes that's exactly what it is whether you want to call it that or whether it involves games or not, bullshit has turned into nerd religion. People can't be rational about it and have knee jerk emotional reactions like Tebow flying off the handle about Bernie Sanders.

It's like grown men are all afraid that women are going to take their little man caves away. Suddenly somehow any time any nerd thing whether it be games or comics or movies gets female or non white characters it's automatically SJW no matter what and the nerds circle their wagons on the internet and go on the warpath. Then you get childish shit like all the mass 1 star ratings on IMDB from people who haven't even seen it or had their minds made up before they did.

And don't act like it's the script because this shitstorm started many months before the movie came out. Don't act like misogynistic bullshit isn't involved because the actresses are getting all sorts of fucked up nasty misogynistic tweets from and oh Leslie Jones is getting racist ones too. Two for the price of one.

I'm just really tired of you guys and this bullshit here. You really need to take it somewhere where it belongs like 4chan.

So more Mobile Suit Gundam and My Neighbor Totoro and less Azumanga Diaoh and Ouran School Host Club?
Yes exactly. I was super excited when the Gundam Unicorn Anime came out because it took place in the old (80s) Gundam universe and the character designs were very retro and heavily influence be Hiroyuki Kitazume's designs.

I love Ghibli stuff too and basically bought a PS3 for Ni no Kuni.

Most stuff after the 90s I can't really stomach that well though because it got all pedo creepy to me after that. But I do like some of the more unusual weird trippy retro etc still comes along occasionally like the stuff from Satoshi Kon (RIP).

It kind of makes me sad that what used to be my hobby when I was a kid (Voltron, Robotech, Gundam, Nausicaa etc) has turned into some borderline pedophile panty sniffing fetish sort of thing. I mean, I'm sure that was always there but it seems like it's the mainstream now for the fandom. Like it used to be if you said you were into Anime you were into giant robot space opera epics and now if you say you're into Anime it means you jack off to underage cartoon girls.

I don't know, maybe I'm getting old and crotchety and maybe I just have been exposed to too much crap I can't unsee because the internet. It was nice though when Anime wasn't a creepy stigma and when Anime actually wasn't creepy.

bread's done
Back