Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Maybe some people aren't sheep and don't go by review scores.

I bought Battleborn at launch and am STILL enjoying kt.
Okay first you thought we were complaining the CSGO sites got served. We weren't. Now it's I bought Battleborn at lunch and I liked it SO THERE.

Just stop. Stop going out of your way to look for shit here to get butthurt about. Take your chip and your shoulder and go elsewhere because we're not that serious here and no one is going to for real internet fight you. But we'll happily laugh at you if that's what you want.

Now this is the part where I put salty noob that no one gives a crap about around here on ignore and let him do what he so clearly wants to do, rage.

Okay first you thought we were complaining the CSGO sites got served. We weren't. Now it's I bought Battleborn at lunch and I liked it SO THERE.

Just stop. Stop going out of your way to look for shit here to get butthurt about. Take your chip and your shoulder and go elsewhere because we're not that serious here and no one is going to for real internet fight you. But we'll happily laugh at you if that's what you want.

Now this is the part where I put salty noob that no one gives a crap about around here on ignore and let him do what he so clearly wants to do, rage.
He's right though.

Hating on Battleborn is a giant meme, and some people don't care about fitting in.

I didn't get the game and I'm not interested in it at all because I hate mobas, but even I can tell the majority of Battleborn haters are complete tools. To go out of your way just to trash on it for attention is ridiculous.

I take it you're an Overwatch fan.
No one likes Overwatch anymore, it's about Pokemon GO. GET WITH THE TIMES GRANDPA

He's right though.

Hating on Battleborn is a giant meme, and some people don't care about fitting in.

I didn't get the game and I'm not interested in it at all because I hate mobas, but even I can tell the majority of Battleborn haters are complete tools. To go out of your way just to trash on it for attention is ridiculous.
Everyone can say hating on a game is a "Meme."
But to say Battleborn did good objectively would be laughable.

It's like saying Evolve did good ever.
The game was trash

Last edited by a moderator:

It's the same guy that posted that 2 + 2 nonsense earlier this year. I told everyone that he would be back in 5-6 months, and here he is.

He's right though.

63408169.jpg

bYXTDIV.png

I am not brainwashed by hype or reviews so I don't give a fuck. I just blogged about Pokemon Go on here and that's the last I'm talking about that gimmicky trash.

.I just blogged about Pokemon Go on here and that's the last I'm talking about that gimmicky trash.
last I'm talking about that gimmicky trash.
about Pokemon
CqshCMZ.gif

Looks like you just posted something about pokemon.

I am new to this forum and there's no proof I said 1 x 1 is 2 even though it makes sense. Get a new job junior detective.
I hope this is a joke. Dragon's Dogma is not even half as good as Witcher 3 and there's a reason Witcher 3 got all of the GOTY awards and Dragon's Dogma didn't.

Transformer Devastation I wouldn't classify as an RPG. It has level up systems but it's really short and more of an action game like Bayonetta.
Witcher 3 - 93%

DDDA - 77%

I'm going to avoid using the word "hipster" again because I hate labels but that is what this reminds me of, when they only like unknown bands that no one has heard of to "go against the grain". Same thing with this. Witcher 3 is the clearly better made game, all the reviews agree with this but it's cooler to act like something popular sucks.
No. The opinion was a conclusion reached from a set of premises. One of these premises is false, so therefore the conclusion is wrong. It has nothing to do with the content of the conclusion, because it could be true, and everything to do with the premises. You can't have a sound conclusion if one or both of the premises are untrue.
You could apply the reasonable person argument to the conclusion, and ask if a reasonable CAG would deem Witcher 3 and Dragon's Dogma classic games. It's somewhat like what they use to determine if something is sexual harassment. What's sexual harassment to you and what's sexual harassment to me may be two completely different things, but the law applied a "reasonable woman" standard to cases to determine if sexual harassment has taken place.
Is this sexist "joke" supposed to be funny? I found it really offensive.

Really I'd just buy it from Steam or a legitimate site instead of pumping money into those other types, especially ones that are codes taken from bundles. I normally would buy it on PS4 but I have a Steam gift card and will just get Primal there. I'll give my impressions in this thread in a few days after playing through it.
IMO, it's not. None of it is being sold in the manner it was meant to be. One is not more unethical than another and all hurt the publisher's in the longrun (imo worse than actually even stealing the games outright).
Popcorn's ready. I'm just waiting for you to get banned again.

Also, thanks for verifying that it's you by correcting me. It was indeed 1 x 1 = 2 that you went psychotic about.

Wow, talk about being a dick. I never hated on battleborn the game but I will say I dislike Gearbox and usually avoid anything they release.

"People don't agree with my viewpoint so they're all sheep"

I am new to this forum and there's no proof I said 1 x 1 is 2 even though it makes sense. Get a new job junior detective.
It does not make sense. if a person creates a group but that group is only made up of one person just because that person may consider himself in a group he doesn't suddenly become two people. That person would be a very lonely person segregated from the world at large.

Hate to agree with Motoki on the subject on internet drama, but he's right. I've only read the last 2 pages of this thread, and it's clear that you need a chill pill.

Battleborn is widely hated on because it's the perfect storm of hateable things:

Published by 2K, fresh from the Evolve debacle.

Developed by Gearbox, who is rife with controversy over the million shitty things they've done since the plagiarized the artstyle for Borderlands 1. (This is the one that gets me on the hate train the most)

Clearly inspired by Borderlands, taking a number of flatout awful things from it (bullet sponge enemies, garbage writing (I think Burch did a bit of the writing before he left 2K), artstyle (this one's debatable), a rather grindy loot system) and obviously has its share of Gearbox-related controversies (aforementioned plagiarism, Colonial Marines embezzling funding BL2, BL2 DLC, The Pre-Sequel in general).

Being a MOBA (a genre that has always had its haters, but also a genre people are starting to get tired of from oversaturation (just like FPS, which it also is))

Deliberately picking a fight with Overwatch (incredibly dumb decision in my opinion, and while I don't care too much for OW, that's going to get the Blizzdrones all over you)

and lastly, just numerous design decisions (the overcrowded HUD, the padded SP missions which take far too damn long for a MOBA and require that almost nobody leave the entire time, the unlock system, the nickel and diming microtransactions despite having a season pass already in place)

It was doomed from the start. I played the beta before I read any sort of review and I was sick of it after the first mission. It's just not very fun, and it's a shame because there's potential there, but they blew it. I actually prefer playing Evolve (which finally succumbed to its own failings and went F2P, which I expect Battleborn will do sooner rather than later) which even before it went F2P, had numbers better than Battleborn.

tl;dr Gearbox sucks and they're getting the hate they deserve.

Edit: I do at least agree that OW and BB are somewhat different, even if they are both technically FPS MOBAs (which would make it easy to think otherwise). Was still a bad idea to launch around the same time.

Oh, he was here in May, too:

Here is an explanation... again:

"How can it equal one? If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two, and that cannot be."

I can't believe that mathematics have taught that 1 x 1 = 1 when it has always been wrong
The dumbass is the one who believes in the math he was taught without questioning it instead of the true universal math. I mean, you can't conform when you know innately that something is wrong
Hype is dangerous. It's the same reason why the mathematics system is so screwed up. "How can it equal one? If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two, and that cannot be." Exactly. You're letting other people tell what you to play, think, etc. and it's not right.
Why did you snitch to the mods about me when I am not even doing anything wrong? Aren't you a mod anyway? I used to lurk this board and I thought I remembered you being a mod, but then you were demoted or something.
At one point, I actually believed that Hitlercat would stop being so temperamental. Silly me. I am flummoxed as to why he would want to supplant one form of ignorance with another. I'll try to be a lot more specific and concrete when I explain that he has never disproved anything I've ever written. Hitlercat does, however, often try to discredit me by means of flagrant misquotations, by attributing to me views that I've never expressed. In the end, absolutism is an inherently oppressive ideology. I explained the reason for that just a moment ago. If you don't mind, though, I'll go ahead and explain it again. To begin with, if we don't put an end to delirious simplism right now, then Hitlercat's thread postings will soon start to spread through the site. Let us now commit to practices that build community and eliminate behaviors that work against what we are dedicated to building because in that is our only hope for the future of this community.
Using a tool and sharing information is not the same as copy pasting. That's the whole point of the Internet. Auburn posted a Dragon Quest Heroes video - does that mean he's copy pasting something or is he sharing something? It's obvious.

Cringe.

Take one person in a group, multiply it by another one group member and you get two. Thus, 1 x 1 = 2.
That's addition.

Multiplication is taking the number of groups and multiplying it by the number of items in said groups. If there is only one group and the group in question only has one item in that that group then the total sum is one. That is why anything multiplied by one will always be itself as there is only one group so there is only one number to worry about. 1x1=1 1x2=2 and so on. What you keep mistaking and apparently all you were taught in whatever preschool you went to is addition. 1+1 is 2 because there are two things being added together. Multiplication works like this you find the amount of items spread evenly and equally among all groups and count the number of groups and find the amount of all those items combined. You cannot combine one group of one person because there is nothing to combine that one person with. He is alone and no one else is around to count.

Get it yet?

Last edited:
pls no math lessons gaise. ur going to make mai head asplode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnWXtjQOxx0

No, because you're saying that 1 x 1 has no value in that case which is not true.
No I'm fucking not. This very simple concept is the very launching point from which all other multiplication processes can be grasped when first learning the concept. The first 1 is the number of groups and the second one is the number of items in that group. The entire equation means nothing without knowing the amount of items in each group and the number of times that group has propagated. If the one group has not propagated more than once than there is only the amount of items in that group total. if it has propagated twice then there is now two times the amount of items total combined. But without any propagation at all then the number must stay constant. Without constants there is chaos so 1x1=1 is an equation that has the most value. Without rules math means nothing, without "1x1=1 is true" all other rule sets are meaningless.

Oh my god.. stop with the bad math. It's not clever. It makes you look stupid.
I feel stupid for trying my best to dumb things down as much as I feel I have to for this guy.

I don't know how to make it more stupid.

I see you're still latching on to the mainstream math you were mistaught. It's simple - if you have one item and muliply it by another item there's still two objects. You are in the wrong because you are subtracting 2 - 1 to get 1.
giphy.gif

got a ROW copy of Earth Defense Force 4.1 for $25 from my Russian associate.. thanks for replying Thomas :whistle2:

EDF! EDF! EDF!

maxresdefault.jpg
sorry, i hate talking about Fight Club, but how are you getting around the region locks? i don't see it being sold anywhere except steam, and ya know, gifts being locked and all. is it just straight up VPN? sorry for my ignorance, just curious.

sorry, i hate talking about Fight Club, but how are you getting around the region locks? i don't see it being sold anywhere except steam, and ya know, gifts being locked and all. is it just straight up VPN? sorry for my ignorance, just curious.
It's $25 in the UK and Norway (both are region free), has nothing to do with russia.

Don't worry guys I got this!

DrSasquatch's New Multiplication Table:

1x1=2

1x2=8

3x4=34

5x10=7

13x13=69

2x4=wood

2x2=ants go marching

7x6=basketball team

4x9=football team

1000000x1000000=what your mom weighs

Hope that helps!

Battleborn already bundled, man if it wasn't for all that GTA Monies I think 2k would be looking like going under. When was their last well received big release? Bioshock Infinite? 2013?
I would say XCOM 2 but I honestly don't know how sales went... I know its coming out to console soon. (But I think everyone was expecting that even when they said PC only.)

Battleborn, I've been playing Smite every once in awhile for the past few weeks... I suck enough at one MOBA to have no desire to actually pay for another. :D/

Edit: When did Earth Defense Force get boobs?

That's addition.

Multiplication is taking the number of groups and multiplying it by the number of items in said groups. If there is only one group and the group in question only has one item in that that group then the total sum is one. That is why anything multiplied by one will always be itself as there is only one group so there is only one number to worry about. 1x1=1 1x2=2 and so on. What you keep mistaking and apparently all you were taught in whatever preschool you went to is addition. 1+1 is 2 because there are two things being added together. Multiplication works like this you find the amount of items spread evenly and equally among all groups and count the number of groups and find the amount of all those items combined. You cannot combine one group of one person because there is nothing to combine that one person with. He is alone and no one else is around to count.

Get it yet?
lmao.... did you just type out a multiplication lesson for him?

Vig8 - 1

lost# - 0

Holy crap. This is some bad math disguised as deep thinking.
No you see we got it wrong all along the number 1 doesn't actually represent a single unit but is actually a 2 in disguise. You take the number 2 and subtract 1 making it 0 then multiply it by 1 making it 2.

It's obvious like Herbert Einstein and his famous equation of E=MCFudge.

Looks like I missed the drama and then somebody deleted it before I woke up. That being said, I get so pissed when people bring up this math thing. Look, it's simple, 1x1=2 because 1 is representative of the loneliest number, which is an old song regarding being without another person, if you multiple one person by itself clearly that person would be less lonely, negating the message of that song, however, if you've read the scientific duplicate material, Calvin and Hobbes, you would know that multiplying a person by itself is asking for trouble, in which case these people would also multiple themselves, resulting in a feedback loop of individuals which disrupts the time space continuum and eventually destroying the universe. Anyway, 1x1=2 is obviously true in the immediate sense, as if you multiply one person by one person you will get a duplicate, hence, 2. However, this equation is short sighted imho. Due to duplicates duplicating themselves and resulting in what was stating previously, there really are three phases to 1x1:

Immediate: 1x1=2 (one duplicate)

Intermediate 1x1= infinity (as duplicates duplicate themselves)

End: 1x1=0 (time space continuum ripped/universe destroyed/everybody dies)

Seriously guys this is simple stuff, come on.

I kind of like what I'm seeing from Vigilante4x4. I hope he comes back. It's a shame he has subtracted himself from the thread because even though multiple of his posts were divisive I felt he added a lot to the sum of the thread.

Most people already have it from the bundle or something, but Razer and Bundlestars are giving away Initia: Elemental Arena if you sign up for it on Razer, Download Cortex, and use Cortex for 7 days.  

Reminds me we need to do a bro-night for this one. 

bread's done
Back