Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Now you see if you had posted this here instead of the Steam Code Drop forum I think you may have had a better time here today.

People may have actually been willing to help you out and name some.

I'm new to steam. Are there any good free games out there? Or sites that have this info. Also a great steam site or forum

Last edited:
I dunno this thread is pretty off-topic, not like those other threads on here....

There used to be an up to date deal list in the OP but (since I've been here), everyone who tried to keep up to date lists got burned out because there are so many crap deals to sort through. Hell, I pretty much wishlist everything mildly interesting so I can get e-mails on when they go on sale at/below their lowest since it's too much of a PITA to try to find something decent in a Steam sale anymore. 

The rest of the sites mostly suck these days, and Amazon makes searching Steam look good so yeah (luckily they also have sucky deals). 

In other words, go ahead and make a list of current deals if you want deals and less banter. I'm sure Neuro5i5 won't mind. Oh and the reason the mods don't...er...stopped bothering is because they pretty much know it'd end with no Steam deals being posted (and not like they'll do it, again due to the amount of work). 

This thread is always so contentious.

Come on guys, let's get back to what we're really about. Buying games and not playing them.
Careful with that. The last time someone started taking about a game I ended up spending money on a non-bundle game.
I've still not loaded 20XX. Though honestly, the +11 from Humble Survival and happy hour on one of the Indie Gala hump days padded even further... and both were actually pretty close to the same price.

But, this isn't just a Steam Deals thread - there is a "+" Plus" here, signifying so much more.

So you get more than Steam deals; sometimes we mention deals on other sites for PC games - like UPlay, Origin and GoG. Sure, we have a GoG Thread somewhere - but it ain't always easy to find and ain't always on the top of these boards; and their deals are often nowhere on Steam's level. Plus, many other game-clients ain't on Steam's level, either.

Sometimes, you might even get us mentioning retail deals - b/c there might be some great bargain bin finds + close-out / clearance deals at your local GameStop or WalMart; and that's if you can even find the games in stock. Plus, you know - sometimes you can find Blizzard's Battle.Net-required games cheaper there than on their site, too.

And we all know how Steam really doesn't have much great deals anymore, especially since they put in refunds (boom, there's goes the magic of buying games impulsively from Flash Sales). Also, when most other stores are lagging even behind Steam AKA "The New PC Gaming Digital Store-Front Equivalent Of WalMart's", we know there's a problem in the deals department. Steam doesn't really have much competition - and often, to find deals, we seem to be looking to find scraps on other digital stores selling keys for Steam-versions of games.

We really ain't had spectacular deals on games since the Amazon-Tony era and also since Bundle Sites been basically devaluing games w/ their often at least decent quality bundles - well...excluding Groupees, of course, since their bundles just ain't what they used to be.

Plus, and since this is the Steam "+" Thread - you get more than deals on Steam and other game-stores. You get our thoughts & opinions on games. You get our nonsense, too - which is one of the highlights of this thread, IMHO. You get our jokes, shenanigans, rants, sarcasm (I don't think I've still mastered that yet), bullcrap, and other non-game discussions. Non-game discussions can include things such as shoes, pizza, burgers, restaurants, soda/pop, hardware deals, DRM talk, and God knows what the heck else.

So.... [shrug] 

Last edited by a moderator:
Chatter is tolerated because it stays in the thread and keeps traffic moving.  Traffic is important because, if we all only waited for a great deal to be posted, everyone would stop visiting the forum within a few days since nothing would be happening.

When a noteworthy deal appears, it gets posted.  When it's posted, it gets read because there's actually thread traffic.  Hell, when a noteworthy deal or glitch appears, it gets posted and people even tend to help others who may have missed it since there's a sense of community.  You don't get a sense of community by telling everyone to shut up and only post if they're reporting a deal.

The Powers That Be are well aware of how this thread rolls and tolerate it as a charming part of the CAG community.  Note that, diversions into mom jokes and pizza & shoes aside, 85% of the chatter is about PC gaming in some way (player impressions, gaming news, hardware discussions, etc) so it's really only off-topic in that it's not purely "Space Wangs 4 is 15% off at ShadyKeys.com!"

Now you see if you had posted this here instead of the Steam Code Drop forum I think you may have had a better time here today.

People may have actually been willing to help you out and name some.
Seriously, that would have gone over so much better.
You'd probably have learned immediately of "Isthereanydeal.com", Reddit's /r/gamedeals subforum, Steamdb and it's use for finding packages that you can get better than average prices on if you own part of the bundle, tremor games for getting single keys from bundle trash. That Humble, Indie Gala, Bundlestars and Groupees are bundle sites and in that order, probably the ones to visit.

Then sometimes indiegamestand- by the way, thanks for the heads up about Monstro:Battle Tactics was worth the $1 and +1.

Plus you know, other stuff. Cause we're still going to talk about VRAMS, damn it.

Come on guys, let's get back to what we're really about. Buying games and not playing them.
Yeah, no crap.

Still sitting on barely played copies of GTA5 & Shadow of Mordor; also the occasional here + there playing of Witcher 3 here; and untouched copies of Dreamfall Chapters, The Division, Dark Souls 2, and Wasteland 2.

And that's just for starters here.

Okay, fine - well, I didn't actually buy Witcher 3, Wasteland 2, Dark Souls 2, or The Division. [shrug]

Yeah, no crap.

Still sitting on barely played copies of GTA5 & Shadow of Mordor; also the occasional here + there playing of Witcher 3 here; and untouched copies of Dreamfall Chapters, The Division, Dark Souls 2, and Wasteland 2.

Okay, fine - well, I didn't actually buy Witcher 3, Wasteland 2, Dark Souls 2, or The Division. [shrug]
any other games you haven't played

Yeah, no crap.

I just finally tried Invisible Inc. and still haven't played Hacknet (despite buying it over summer). I swear it's about as bad as when buy food for the week. Got a bunch of stuff to play but I want that other thing I don't have (which, in the past with food, has lead to 2 a.m. WalMart trips).

I always vote for deals. #MakeCAGDealsAgain!

So, uh....No Man's Sky is 10% off @ the humble store if you're a Monthly subscriber.

It's pretty great.

The game, not the deal.
How's the performance on your PC w/ it?

Reports for that are...all over the damn place.

Even TotalBiscuit is getting not-so-great performance on his 1080:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRkHPsZak08

This thread is pretty chatty but at the same time you are being a bit unfair to act like it is the only one.  The non-PC threads I follow on here have plenty of chatter as well.  

The best place to start is to use isthereanydeal.com and import your Steam wishlist (if you have one) and keep it updated with games you are interested in.  You can get emails when they are on sale and if you wish it will only tell you when it matches/beats the all time low, plus you can use the site to check the price history for a game so you can decide if a deal is good enough or not.  

The game deals subreddit might be worth subbing to since you are new to Steam.  They have good hidden gems threads when a big Steam sale is going on. 

Steam itself has hundreds of games on sale at any given time, 99.9% of which are garbage not worth mentioning here.  Also there are so many digital game storefronts these days that keeping all of the sales here would be a full time job, but people usually do mention when something remotely interesting hits a new low price somewhere.  

If you find a deal somewhere and ask "is this site legit" someone will always reply, if you look for game suggestions, people always reply.   And as I said, the rare really good deal does get mentioned here.

As far as PC bundle sites, watch the Humble Thread, the Bundle Stars thread and I guess the Indie Gala thread.   Pretend Groupees does not exist.   Also a newish site chrono.gg has a thread in this forum where someone updates with the daily deal and they have had some good deals, that one is worth following.

There is no reason for anybody but the new guy to read said wall of text and then he would have just been confused if I ended it with a tl;dr toaster joke.

Reports for that are...all over the damn place.
My performance is on the good side of the place (i4690k + 970). The opening of the game was rough with some terrible framerate drops and stuttering right when you get dropped on your home planet. Turned down a bunch of graphical options, restarted, and everything ran smoothly, although with some rough screen tearing inside buildings. Forced vsync on via nvidiaCP, cranked the settings back up and it's steady at 60 FPS now with some slight drops transitioning from space to a planet. If I turn off vsynch, i'm getting 70-80 FPS.

No crashes yet. Connectivity with the servers is a bit sketchy, but it doesn't hamper performance.

This thread is always so contentious.

Come on guys, let's get back to what we're really about. Buying games and posting food pics.

15i3fkk.jpg

Oh, snap - Gamersgate is having a Summer Sale from August 11 to August 25th.

Huh, who knew it started already?

Another store to get disappointed with, on their (often) not-so-great deals and all.

Ashot P probably won't be pleased - b/c who the heck buys from them anymore?

And if there's no glitches, neither will we...be pleased nor buy anything from them.

not to piss anyone off or anything but how is this thread still here and not moved. obviously there are no deals here.

the mods are extremely good about being on top of things but not this thread for some reason. they must be apart of the conversations.

i would really like to see a real steam thread with deals because i just started an account and would like to find some deals.

im not trying to be an ass. i personally don't understand and its probably because i haven't given the thread any thought to go back and read through the pages but i guess i, just wondering whats going on here
I don't know when people will stop doing the whole "not to be rude, but here is some rude shit I'm going to say" but totally not trying to be rude, but still going to say this totally rude shit, totally not trying to be rude though.

Anyway, if you wanted to post nicely and state what games/genres/things you were looking for you would have already been bombarded with more information than you could process and be on your merry way with tons of links of sites with deals.

At any given time there are 1000s of Steam games on sale across probably 20+ sites. Most of which aren't worth mentioning. We could inundate the site with all those, but then you'd complain too.

I know where to find deals. Most of us here do. We didn't get handed some magical list when we showed up to this thread and insulted it. Instead we joined the community and as we participated we took note of different links/sites/retailers when people posted stuff and as we found deals we returned the favor.

For the most part you won't find your run of the mill stuff posted here. You will find glitches, free games, and other discounts of note posted when they are found. As others have said, if you want to eliminate the community aspect of it all, go ahead, but you'll also eliminate the sense of community that motivates people to post any deals at all. This isn't Slickdeals. E-peen and thumbs up and rep points don't even exist on this site and even if they did, most of us wouldn't be bothered to post deals in exchange for them.

Oh, and fuck you Spoderfriend! (How's that for contentious, GBK?)

"Like This"
Yeah, that's really a Facebook/Twitter thing though. Slickdeals has a whole system up Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down, Click here if you bought this. Give person reputation points. It's there to give people silly epeen to post and the main reason people post, but it also helps their algorithm identify stuff to populate their front page and hot deals tabs.

I'm on a 1070 and most things set to high and don't have any issues. BUT I'm also streaming it to a Laptop and THERE is where I start noticing some hiccups. Specifically flying low over a planet. I think it's just choking on having to pop things in as fast as they need to be when you're flying. But otherwise, nothing. And I certainly don't have that issue on the main PC.

Anyway, if you wanted to post nicely and state what games/genres/things you were looking for you would have already been bombarded with more information than you could process and be on your merry way with tons of links of sites with deals.
This is the worst part. 90% of you guys would help out someone looking for something. I've never had all of you ignore a "help me" request. Especially when I've got money to burn and don't want to wait out a deal. Frankly, this thread is why I come BACK to CAG. Otherwise.. I could easily find the info on another site if I wanted to waste my time.

Well... that and my love for the Coconut Queen. She'll always be #1 in my heart. (and one of the few I bothered to play/beat)

I'm into mostly ARPG's - can you recommend any? ;)

The creators of an upcoming "South Park" video game have developed a stinky spin on virtual reality.

Ubisoft unveiled plans Friday for a VR mask that will pump fart smells into gamers' nostrils as they play the game "South Park: The Fractured But Whole."

The system called the Nosulus Rift won't be available for sale. It was designed for use at live events, such as the Penny Arcade Expo and Gamescom.

The latest "South Park" game casts players as the gassy new kid in town and lampoons superhero culture.

Ubisoft senior producer Jason Schroeder says the technology is "the most immersive way" for players to experience the character's superpower.

[South Park game talk]

The creators of an upcoming "South Park" video game have developed a stinky spin on virtual reality.

Ubisoft unveiled plans Friday for a VR mask that will pump fart smells into gamers' nostrils as they play the game "South Park: The Fractured But Whole."

The system called the Nosulus Rift won't be available for sale. It was designed for use at live events, such as the Penny Arcade Expo and Gamescom.

The latest "South Park" game casts players as the gassy new kid in town and lampoons superhero culture.

Ubisoft senior producer Jason Schroeder says the technology is "the most immersive way" for players to experience the character's superpower.
So, is this the ARPG you're recommending to me...?

Oh, snap - Gamersgate is having a Summer Sale from August 11 to August 25th.

Huh, who knew it started already?

Another store to get disappointed with, on their (often) not-so-great deals and all.

Ashot P probably won't be pleased - b/c who the heck buys from them anymore?

And if there's no glitches, neither will we...be pleased nor buy anything from them.
Putingate has Stardrive 2 Gold Edition for less than $5, if you are interested in that sort of game

Yes, Legend of Persia.. :whistle2:
Added to Wishlist b/c....why the hell not? [shrug]

Maybe it'll be bundle fodder or something, sometime in the future.

EDIT:

I guess it's either that or else Ubi puts their efforts into yet another Ass. Creed game.
Ain't they already working on that?

I thought Assassin's Creed: Empire was in the works and moved to 2017...?

I need help.  I'm getting sucked into the world of GTA again.  I just spent some time at a strip club getting multiple lap dances.  Then I murdered some people outside of convenience store, hospital, and in a park.  Then I proceeded to steal a bus and destroy a motorcyle with it.  I believe the game has some missions to do as well.  May get to those one day. 

I need help. I'm getting sucked into the world of GTA again. I just spent some time at a strip club getting multiple lap dances. Then I murdered some people outside of convenience store, hospital, and in a park. Then I proceeded to steal a bus and destroy a motorcyle with it. I believe the game has some missions to do as well. May get to those one day.
Which GTA are you playing?

bread's done
Back