Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
nKFHmeQ.jpg

Since we're requesting SALES in this thread.

This weeks PC games sales.

League of Legends. 8/12/16 - 8/15/16

50% off the following champions.

• Tahm Kench  487RP
  • Zyra  487RP
  • Cassiopeia  440RP
  • Twitch  395RP
50% off the following Champion Skins!!!!!11!!~

• Prehistoric Cho'Gath  375RP
  • Secret Agent Xin Zhao  487RP
  • Deep Terror Thresh  487RP
  • Commando Lux   260RP

Heroes of the Storm.  8/8/16 - 8/15/26

50% off the following heroes.

• Nova $4.24
  • Greymane $4.99
50% off the following skins!!!1111!~

• Archangel Diablo $4.99
  • Kandy King Muradin $3.74
  • Ranger-General Sylvanas $3.74
  • Sentinel Lunara $3.74

YOU'R ALL WELCUM. I'LL BE BACK NEXT WEAK WITH MOAR DEELZ

Last edited by a moderator:
V. Has first person view now too, but I prefer the classic. Something about GTA V makes murdering random people feel so much more real. I almost feel bad sometimes.
GTAV is still sitting in my backlog. I need to play more of that.

Have the bro's done any GTA Online yet...?

GTAV is a lot of fun but I'd actually recommend avoiding the story missions. Maybe I'm just a dingus after all but for me the game lost all its charm once I actually got to know the characters I was playing as. Incidentally, I had a similar effect on my wife.

GTAV is a lot of fun but I'd actually recommend avoiding the story missions. Maybe I'm just a dingus after all but for me the game lost all its charm once I actually got to know the characters I was playing as. Incidentally, I had a similar effect on my wife.
Trevor really does some awful shit in that game. I wish you could play a GTA game as Brucie from 4.

FYI, there's a pretty intensive Windows 10 update. Its called the "Anniversary Update". A lot of new features and it seems to reset a lot of shit, may want to plan to do it on downtime etc. It took me a half hour to install the damn thing.

I basically have one rule for people on my steam friends list. If you engage me in a conversation in which you hector me with polemical ranting (featuring appalling grammar and spelling/typing), and then call me an ignorant fagot when I disagree with you, I'm gonna remove you from my friends list.

Sayonara tebow.

played This War of Mine since i wanted to play through games that I bought but haven't touched yet and wow. that was a mood killer. all my characters died and now i'm just going to go back and not touch anything on my backlog because lesson learned

I basically have one rule for people on my steam friends list. If you engage me in a conversation in which you hector me with polemical ranting (featuring appalling grammar and spelling/typing), and then call me an ignorant fagot when I disagree with you, I'm gonna remove you from my friends list.

Sayonara tebow.
meaning you have taken Tebow far more seriously than you should, The End.

In the unsolicited 1 year late category: I finally started Arkham Knight last night. Performance at 1080p on a 970 + 750ti with everything on and maxed was pretty good. I think the average fps on the benchmark was 65 with a min of 42 and I noticed no issues during gameplay, including while using the batmobile.

I'm not sold on the gameplay yet, though. The combat is obviously pretty similar to previous titles, but the focus on the batmobile is disappointing. Moving around the city just doesn't feel as elegant anymore when you are either zooming around in a car or using the now unbelievably long grapple.

In the unsolicited 1 year late category: I finally started Arkham Knight last night. Performance at 1080p on a 970 + 750ti with everything on and maxed was pretty good. I think the average fps on the benchmark was 65 with a min of 42 and I noticed no issues during gameplay, including while using the batmobile.
have you tried to compare 970gtx alone versus the 970 + 750ti? i am curious on how the pair up would work out for you.

I think the performance boost is minimal , given the increased power usage from the 2nd card

have you tried to compare 970gtx alone versus the 970 + 750ti? i am curious on how the pair up would work out for you.

I think the performance boost is minimal , given the increased power usage from the 2nd card
I could benchmark the 970 alone, but that requires fog and debris turned off since the 750ti is a dedicated physx card for me. So it wouldn't be a apples to apples comparison.

Edit:

Here are my results at 1080, everything max unless gameworks stuff noted below

970 only/All gameworks off

min 64 avg 92

970 only/enhanced rain and light shafts on

min 60 avg 91

970+750ti/all gameworks off

min 60 avg 92

970+750ti/enhanced rain and light shafts on

min 63 avg 89

970+750ti/enhanced rain, light shafts, interactive debris and paper on

min 63 avg 88

970+750ti/enhanced rain, light shafts, interactive fog on

min 54 avg 70

970+750ti/all gameworks on

min 48 avg 66

In conclusion, on my system, adding the 750ti for dedicated physx does nothing except allow me to turn on fog and debris options. Those options aren't available while solely running the 970. Other than that, fog is the only gameworks option that truly puts a dent in performance. So if you are running just a 970, there is no harm in enabling the enhanced rain and light shafts options in gameworks.

I'm not sold on the gameplay yet, though. The combat is obviously pretty similar to previous titles, but the focus on the batmobile is disappointing. Moving around the city just doesn't feel as elegant anymore when you are either zooming around in a car or using the now unbelievably long grapple.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly... Granted, I think I've only made it as far as driving around town in the Battank with Poison Ivy.

But I cannot help but think that this isn't the Batman game I wanted nor is it the one I need.

In conclusion, on my system, adding the 750ti for dedicated physx does nothing except allow me to turn on fog and debris options. Those options aren't available while solely running the 970. Other than that, fog is the only gameworks option that truly puts a dent in performance. So if you are running just a 970, there is no harm in enabling the enhanced rain and light shafts options in gameworks.
thanks man.. i wonder what would be the cheapest/low-profile, low-powered, used NVIDIA GPU one can get to enable those fancy fog and debris without breaking the bank and raise the electricity cost

not to piss anyone off or anything but how is this thread still here and not moved. obviously there are no deals here.

the mods are extremely good about being on top of things but not this thread for some reason. they must be apart of the conversations.

i would really like to see a real steam thread with deals because i just started an account and would like to find some deals.

im not trying to be an ass. i personally don't understand and its probably because i haven't given the thread any thought to go back and read through the pages but i guess i, just wondering whats going on here
You win a free copy of bad rats if you can answer this.

how-many-burgers-make-one-cow-fb.jpg

I'm pretty sure you didn't understand.
I wasn't posting deals because I was here looking for them. It's not "the pot" ...
Obviously you missed out and it's over your head but thanks though for trying to be helpful. I think you were trying anyways
here's a deal for you.

Cow-Equation.png

Well what matters is that you're here now and that you're loved.
You're a dick. :)

y u hack my webcam?

wishlisted.

You win a free copy of bad rats if you can answer this.

how-many-burgers-make-one-cow-fb.jpg
If it's the new bad rats then I will answer.

1,000 for a 1,000 pound steer. That's 1 quarter pound of burger for every pound of weight.

Last edited:
If anyone has bought a 970 card and wants to possibly upgrade for cheap, PM or message me on Steam.

Edit: No, I am not interested in buying your 970. :bouncy:

Edit 2: No, I am not selling GPUs.

If anyone has bought a 970 card and wants to possibly upgrade for cheap, PM or message me on Steam.

Edit: No, I am not interested in buying your 970. :bouncy:
I ain't got time to add you on Steam

I would had just slap a 970 sticker over my 960 anyway just to prove that I had a 970

If anybody could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated. It seems GG has put my order under manual review for some Blue Coins, of all things.
Each time I've ordered blue coins or placed an order it's been manually reviewed. I must be on their no-fly list, but Russian customs usually doesn't hold me for more than a few hours. You'll probably be fine. :)

bread's done
Back