Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I honestly think Paypal is the better way to go unless you have blue coins you need to spend. I ordered that exact same thing before seeing your post via Paypal and it went through immediately. I then ordered something tiny, Flatout: Ultimate Carnage, and got manual review with blue coins.

If I am going to get manually reviewed every time I use Blue Coins there is no way that is somehow lessening my chances of getting banned.

Has anyone else had problems with the Steam screenshot function under Win 10?  I can't get F12 to work and tried remapping it to F11 but that still doesn't do it.  Sometimes when launching a game I'll get a "tip" from, I presume, Win 10 saying to use Windows+Control+PrintScreen to take a screen shot but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with Steam (also, I don't think that worked either plus it's stupid compared to F12).

Edit: Figured it out, I think.  Steam has to be set to run as administrator. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried buying and using blue coins for the first time.  Got flagged for manual review and now they locked my account.  Ridiculous... will give them a bit to either refund the 5$ I wasted on coins or provide my key.  Good thing I used paypal for the coins.

How exactly is this operation more reliable than cdkeys.com?  

Just tried buying and using blue coins for the first time. Got flagged for manual review and now they locked my account. Ridiculous... will give them a bit to either refund the 5$ I wasted on coins or provide my key. Good thing I used paypal for the coins.

I don't think anybody has ever called GamersGate reliable. They're just another place where people attempt to circumvent regional pricing differences.

Just tried buying and using blue coins for the first time. Got flagged for manual review and now they locked my account. Ridiculous... will give them a bit to either refund the 5$ I wasted on coins or provide my key. Good thing I used paypal for the coins.

Were you buying within your own region or trying to do the VPN thing? If you buy from your own region it's a legit store that's 100% reliable. If you try to circumvent it with a VPN for regional prices you take the risk of them catching you and refusing the transaction. I'd say reliability is relative. I mean, technically CDkeys will likely deliver your possibly stolen keys quickly every time if that's how you define it.

Were you buying within your own region or trying to do the VPN thing? If you buy from your own region it's a legit store that's 100% reliable. If you try to circumvent it with a VPN for regional prices you take the risk of them catching you and refusing the transaction. I'd say reliability is relative. I mean, technically CDkeys will likely deliver your possibly stolen keys quickly every time if that's how you define it.
Course I am doing the VPN thing! Why else use Blue coins? I don't care about them refusing the transaction, that's their prerogative. I do care about them blocking the account containing games purchased from proper region and taking my $5.

So I hear that CDKeys is grey market, but is there any history of them selling stolen keys? My understanding is that they sell different region keys for region-free games, but would not support them if there was evidence to the contrary.

Gamersgate is reliable.  You attempted to break their rules and got banned for it.  That's not Gamersgate's fault.

People get "creative" there at their own risk.

Course I am doing the VPN thing! Why else use Blue coins? I don't care about them refusing the transaction, that's their prerogative. I do care about them blocking the account containing games purchased from proper region and taking my $5.

So I hear that CDKeys is grey market, but is there any history of them selling stolen keys? My understanding is that they sell different region keys for region-free games, but would not support them if there was evidence to the contrary.
I stopped doing the VPN thing because I was afraid of them doing the same to me. If you only had Steam keys on your account and redeemed them, no big deal, but I own a lot of euro-trash DRM free games on GG.

For CDKeys, it's a site like G2A, and yes there is evidence from multiple devs and pubs where they had keys stolen from them through fraudulent transactions and sold on those sites. Cross region selling/pricing I am sure is a part of the economy as are bundle leftover games, but there is potential for the keys you buy there being stolen. Will they get revoked? That's much less likely, but it is a small risk as well.

I have a separate account for my Putin travels although I thought someone said before that they IP banned you or banned your Paypal from being used or something.  Something bigger than just "Make a new account" anyway.  I've never been banned, so I don't know.  Anyway, I rarely use it because it's still fairly rare that "game I want", "on sale at GG" and "not region locked" all intersect to make the gamble worth it.

I suppose getting an alt banned, even in a way that prevents you from buying any more games, is still better than losing access to your main account's games.  And, let's be real, no one is buying anything from Gamersgate these days that isn't a regional exploit since you can't even use them for glitches any longer.  Being blocked from buying from them would be a pretty non-punishment.

I stopped doing the VPN thing because I was afraid of them doing the same to me. If you only had Steam keys on your account and redeemed them, no big deal, but I own a lot of euro-trash DRM free games on GG.

For CDKeys, it's a site like G2A, and yes there is evidence from multiple devs and pubs where they had keys stolen from them through fraudulent transactions and sold on those sites. Cross region selling/pricing I am sure is a part of the economy as are bundle leftover games, but there is potential for the keys you buy there being stolen. Will they get revoked? That's much less likely, but it is a small risk as well.
I'd agree about G2A but I still haven't seen a single dev say that CDKeys is ripping them off. That's why I was asking because I stopped using G2A when it became apparent they were stealing from the Devs.

I have a separate account for my Putin travels although I thought someone said before that they IP banned you or banned your Paypal from being used or something. Something bigger than just "Make a new account" anyway. I've never been banned, so I don't know. Anyway, I rarely use it because it's still fairly rare that "game I want", "on sale at GG" and "not region locked" all intersect to make the gamble worth it.

I suppose getting an alt banned, even in a way that prevents you from buying any more games, is still better than losing access to your main account's games. And, let's be real, no one is buying anything from Gamersgate these days that isn't a regional exploit since you can't even use them for glitches any longer. Being blocked from buying from them would be a pretty non-punishment.

why not make another account?

Yeah, I shoulda just made a separate account but as they haven't really had any good deals since 2014 I didn't even consider it. I think I only have 1 game thats not a steam key so it is pretty much a non-issue other than the hassle of getting the $5 back. :p

I've had nothing but good experiences with CDkeys but I just placed my first pre-order with them for Deus Ex, so perhaps that will change soon. I've noticed that some folks around here seem to harbor some genuine hatred for the site so I assume there must be a good reason for it. Then again I hate all sorts of people and things for no good reason!

I've also had nothing but good experiences with the shifty guy in the trenchcoat behind the 7/11 selling me bootleg CDs and DVDs. I know some people don't like him because he's ripped them off before, but he's never ripped me off yet, so until then... WEEEEEEE.

some folks around here seem to harbor some genuine hatred for the site so I assume there must be a good reason for it.
Shady sites are shady but I'm annoyed less by them than I am by the weirdo white knights who defend them and say stuff like "It's just like eBay" or "They're no worse than Green Man Gaming". Just be honest and say "Key might be stolen but I don't care, it was cheap lol" rather than trying to spin some fiction that shady sites are really just misunderstood. Or the ones who get all indignant with "But you guys bought games from Russia (or from a glitch), so there!" as though they have to morally justify their purchases.

There are different types of cdkeys sites on the grey market, or that's how I think. From the worst being g2a and the like of marketplaces site to less worse sites like cdkeys com

Marketplace sites are basically the worst because stolen keys are dumped there which causes a monetary loss on devs. Imagine how hard devs are being hit when they prefer people to pirate their games instead of buying them of g2a.

Cdkeys esentially uses a different approach. Mass buying in bulk either from retail or cheaper regions.

Edit.

To put it simple. Not 100% but really accurate.

G2A = top manta.

CDkeys = steam traders

If anyone has bought a 970 card and wants to possibly upgrade for cheap, PM or message me on Steam.

Edit: No, I am not interested in buying your 970. :bouncy:

Edit 2: No, I am not selling GPUs.
I'm not seeing the connection to Dominos here...?

Edit: How the fuck do you misspell Dominos...? (by trusting spell checker! )

So much for, "war never changes..."
The theme for FO4 changed so much with one dlc. lol

By that point, why not just go outside and experience the apocalyptic future yourself firsthand?
https://youtu.be/wut2jJFtPAc?t=4

____

STEAMMMMMM

ca5z4Zg.png

Wow... I won Random Access Murder on steamgifts and I regret spending the 3 points to enter the giveaway.
Yeah, it seems awful. Has there been a RAM bro night yet? Seems like it might have some potential for a decent 15-20 minutes of chaos before switching to Rocket League.

Yeah, it seems awful. Has there been a RAM bro night yet? Seems like it might have some potential for a decent 15-20 minutes of chaos before switching to Rocket League.
I believe Spoder tested it to see if it was worth Bro'ing and found it undeserving of a time slot. Considering some of the shit we've played, that's saying something.

I believe Spoder tested it to see if it was worth Bro'ing and found it undeserving of a time slot. Considering some of the shit we've played, that's saying something.
Yeah I still wanted to force you all to play it so you could suffer like I did, but the game released late and wouldn't let people install it. Maybe next time!

Ok, this is just hilarious:

https://twitter.com/Britbongreturns/status/765190830894317568

I view graphics downgrades much like I view the Brexit results, the rise of Drumpf, and everything else that goes wrong in this world.

Blame the peasants.

bread's done
Back