Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm liking Deus Ex so far, it performs real good at 1080p 60fps with my 8350/970 combo. I have a question tho, which pic looks better to you. The first one is with sharpen and the second one is without sharpen. Just curious to see if anyone agrees with me in that the one with sharpen on looks much better.
Neither. The first one really looks like if you take a 720p video and upscale it to 1080p and then applied sharpening filter way over 100. The second shot looks too soft like temporal anti-aliasing being used.

Last edited by a moderator:
K02yo7.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/4z8q4v/funstock_digital_has_scammed_us_multiple_times/

the caveat is you would need to play through the games you want to fairly quickly to make it worth it. if you subscribed for a year that'd be 240 bucks, for which price i would think you could easily snag a refurbed ps3 as well as many of the exclusives you'd want used for less than that. if you need to sub any longer than like 3 months i don't know that it's worth it to play a bunch of games you'll never be able to again (although to be fair a lot of sony's exclusives don't have a ton of replay value, anyway)
This caveat applies the everything that is subscription based. To me, I'm comparing it to something like a MMO sub which around $15/month (like WoW). For $5 more, being able to play hundreds of single-player games for a console I don't plan on owning is worth the cost.

Gamedeals finally realising funstock is mostly shady reseller?

Seems to be bottom tier too, afaik Cdkeys & other do at least deliver on time

This caveat applies the everything that is subscription based. To me, I'm comparing it to something like a MMO sub which around $15/month (like WoW). For $5 more, being able to play hundreds of single-player games for a console I don't plan on owning is worth the cost.
It's really not analogous at all. WoW you can only play exclusively through its subscription, playstation games you can own. If your choices for WoW were to pay 15 a month to play or to pay 300 or something for all content then there'd be a point where you'd be wasting money by subscribing, same thing with ps now. If you subscribe to ps now for a year or two it'd make a lot more sense to just buy a playstation so you can own the games, as it'd be cheaper than subscribing. There is no cheaper way to play WoW than subscribing to it.

It's really not analogous at all. WoW you can only play exclusively through its subscription, playstation games you can own. If your choices for WoW were to pay 15 a month to play or to pay 200 for all content then there'd be a point where you'd be wasting money by subscribing, same thing with ps now. If you subscribe to ps now for a year or two it'd make a lot more sense to just buy a playstation so you can own the games, it'd actually probably be cheaper than subscribing. There is no cheaper way to play WoW besides subscribing to it.
Why exactly do I HAVE to sub for a year?

Can't I sub PS Now for 1 month when I have a lot of free time that month and re-sub later?

Why exactly do I HAVE to sub for a year?

Can't I sub PS Now for 1 month when I have a lot of free time that month and re-sub later?
You don't. That's my point. The sub is worth it if you're only going to play for a few months, but if you're going to sub for any longer than that (whether it be in a row or spaced out intermittently) then it'd just make more sense to buy a playstation.

You don't. That's my point. The sub is worth it if you're only going to play for a few months, but if you're going to sub for any longer than that (whether it be in a row or spaced out intermittently) then it'd just make more sense to buy a playstation.
Then we are not exactly disagreeing here. Which is why I stated "This caveat applies the everything that is subscription based."

If PS Now at $20 is too expensive for you, no one is fighting you.

But for many people like me, having access to those games anytime I want on PC is intriguing and having the choice when to subscribe and try new games with little upfront cost is great.

If you have one in stock near you and want to get in touch with your inner-console, DOOM is $20 at GameStop

I would have bit just because it's had good reviews and I want to play it (yes, of course I know it'll go lower) but without it locally in stock, shipping is another $5 and :speaktothehand:  to that nonsense.

If you have one in stock near you and want to get in touch with your inner-console, DOOM is $20 at GameStop

I would have bit just because it's had good reviews and I want to play it (yes, of course I know it'll go lower) but without it locally in stock, shipping is another $5 and :speaktothehand: to that nonsense.
You could report a lower price to Amazon and hope they match. Then if you have prime the shipping would be free. If not then you're still out of luck, but this probably means it'll be $20 at Amazon and/or Newegg soon as well.

I would have bit just because it's had good reviews and I want to play it (yes, of course I know it'll go lower) but without it locally in stock, shipping is another $5 and :speaktothehand: to that nonsense.
One gamestop in my area says they have it and that's a good enough price to haul my lazy ass there. Gotta give thanks to consoles for this deal, because without consoles would we even have physical stores?

Other than Madden, everything on EA is already on PC. There is no reason why I would get a EA Pass when either all EA games that I want are 1) already in my backlog 2) can be had when its on sale.

Other than buying a PS3, there is no way for me to play some PS3 games like Tokyo Jungle, Asura's Wrath, Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, and Last of Us.

So yeah, depending on how the streaming works over my internet, $20/month seems reasonable for some games I would play on PC without having to own a PS3.

Giving PC gamers more choice is always a good thing so good on Sony.
So, just to completely consolify this place. . .

Hey, gaiz, there's a new PS3/PS4 Humble!!!!!

Also, wasn't Tokyo Jungle really damned annoying?! It was another example of a pretty cool premise ruined by crappy permadeath mechanics and no save option.

One gamestop in my area says they have it and that's a good enough price to haul my lazy ass there. Gotta give thanks to consoles for this deal, because without consoles would we even have physical stores?
You should be a bro and pick up a copy for Syntax. He'll then have another game to keep him away from bro nights. :cry:

Also, wasn't Tokyo Jungle really damned annoying?! It was another example of a pretty cool premise ruined by crappy permadeath mechanics and no save option.
So is the Tokyo Jungle thing a continuation of the consolebro shtick, or are you serious about it?

But the "concept" of a pomeranian killing and eating a tiger is sound. That pretty much sold me on the game

You could report a lower price to Amazon and hope they match.
Submitted! Not that I assume it'll amount to anything but can't hurt to try.

You should be a bro and pick up a copy for Syntax. He'll then have another game to keep him away from bro nights. :cry:
Yeah, I skipped Verdun because I didn't know if they ever fixed the "no weapons for noobs in free play" bug yet and didn't feel like firing it up to learn "no".

Oh, and apparently there is a leaked video of a supposed Goldeneye HD Remake for Xbox 360 that never came out and all these console idiots are losing their mind on Facebook.  1.  I wonder if they genuinely have no clue that an HD remake exists on PC.  2.  Could this "leaked" footage just be some idiot passing off the PC remake as leaked footage?  

Oh, and apparently there is a leaked video of a supposed Goldeneye HD Remake for Xbox 360 that never came out and all these console idiots are losing their mind on Facebook. 1. I wonder if they genuinely have no clue that an HD remake exists on PC. 2. Could this "leaked" footage just be some idiot passing off the PC remake as leaked footage?
https://youtu.be/RRRuhviJGMQ

it looks aight

it looks aight
That's not an HD remake of anything. It barely looks better than the N64 version. I'd say it's running on an emulator with slightly improved graphics.

Goldeneye PC free Half-Life 2 mod looks better than that.

Oh, and apparently there is a leaked video of a supposed Goldeneye HD Remake for Xbox 360 that never came out and all these console idiots are losing their mind on Facebook. 1. I wonder if they genuinely have no clue that an HD remake exists on PC. 2. Could this "leaked" footage just be some idiot passing off the PC remake as leaked footage?
!. Goldeneye source is not an HD remake of the Goldeneye campaign nor will it be one. It is only the multiplayer maps that are remade.

2. It has been known for some time that Rare was working on a remake of Goldeneye long before the Xbox 360 Perfect Dark release.

A couple days ago I let you all know what a terrible game Dinosaur Hunt was.  The other day I decided to try Carnivore: Dinosaur Hunter because why not double down on bad times?

C:DH isn't nearly as poorly made as Dinosaur Hunt though that's a pretty low bar.  The graphics are better -- not great, but better -- and the dinosaurs don't fall into pieces upon being shot.  There's an actual progression system and the AI seems passable (though critters still get hung up on rocks).  That said, it's definitely of "Shovelware from the Office Depot game rack" quality.  You get dropped off on an island, stalk and shoot dinosaurs and, if you bought a license for that species, you can have it picked up and sent home to be displayed.  At the end, you get diamonds and points based on every life you snuffed out; the diamonds are spent on upgrades and the points towards your hunter score.

Although the game works, it's pretty shallow and fairly dull.  There's only six dinosaurs you can get licenses for plus a couple more small dinos you can kill just for points.  There's only four weapons (pistol, rifle, crossbow & scoped rifle) to buy with a few upgrades for each.  It's a hunting game so there's a lot of slow movement and crouching and worrying about wind direction.  I played long enough to get the scoped rifle (highest cost weapon) to see if that somehow would make the game more fun, it didn't and that was that.

I don't expect that anyone was actually on the cusp of playing this game but I played it so you might as well hear about it.

That's not an HD remake of anything. It barely looks better than the N64 version. I'd say it's running on an emulator with slightly improved graphics.

... I think you need to visit an ophthalmologist.

Or maybe stop drinking from the PC Mustard Wace kool-aid.

Obduction, from the guys who made Myst, has released, in case anybody feels like buying a game, playing it for ten minutes, and then either quitting or playing the rest of the game with a walkthrough pulled up on the other window

$20 a month? Holy crap. Isn't sony the company that claims EA Pass isn't a good value? And Sony charges $20/month?
Yeah, but can you play weebo games with EA pass? Didn't think so, it's just a bunch of games for jocks and 12 year olds pfft.

making a bad joke, in case anyone thinks that was actually serious

Obduction, from the guys who made Myst, has released, in case anybody feels like buying a game, playing it for ten minutes, and then either quitting or playing the rest of the game with a walkthrough pulled up on the other window
. . . and that's why I need two monitors at home!

lol. Funstock did it again, they're refunding all Deus Ex Mankind orders, like they did with No Man's Sky.

Yet /r/gamedeals still think they're legit.

it looks aight

I was about to say the same thing as above about it looking like crap. That doesn't look much like a remake at all.

!. Goldeneye source is not an HD remake of the Goldeneye campaign nor will it be one. It is only the multiplayer maps that are remade.

2. It has been known for some time that Rare was working on a remake of Goldeneye long before the Xbox 360 Perfect Dark release.
That answers that suspicion, but the fact that they were working on a remake (which I was never questioning) doesn't answer my suspicion that this footage is fake. It doesn't look that great and where exactly did they get it? And why doesn't Nintendo just remake it once they actually have an HD console?

it looks aight
Depends when it was suppose to come out.
If this was at the beginning of the xbox 360's cycle this would had sold very good at the time.

Edit: I'm not sure if you could even call that a remake or a hd port.

Seems like a direct port after watching it.

Will this ever happen?
I mean, even at the bullshit incremental increases their consoles tend to adhere to, you would think it would be an eventuality. The only deterrent is if this Pokemon Go bullshit pushes them to forego consoles entirely and stick to software, but in that case they would have presumably even more motivation to update and re-release older games as the current gen is predominantly made up of that bullshit.

Obviously not everyone here has the same problems that I have, but if you are a dingus and you absolutely need to pre-order Sid Meier's latest version of his backlog generator that will be releasing in two months, this literally isn't the worst way to go about it. There are worse options out there! So, that being the case, consider this option:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KP4ZYGK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Edit: I guess I should mention that this option is actually shit unless you're a Prime member. Still, though...

Obviously not everyone here has the same problems that I have, but if you are a dingus and you absolutely need to pre-order Sid Meier's latest version of his backlog generator that will be releasing in two months, this literally isn't the worst way to go about it. There are worse options out there! So, that being the case, consider this option:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KP4ZYGK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Edit: I guess I should mention that this option is actually shit unless you're a Prime member. Still, though...
you cant get help until you admit you have a problem.

The question I have is are you hiding this from Mrs Dingus?

you cant get help until you admit you have a problem.

The question I have is are you hiding this from Mrs Dingus?
Civ games get the Mrs. Dingus seal of approval. They are very much in symbiosis with the Dingus way of life. Plus, with the money I save on this shitty deal I can buy Mrs. Dingus a nice bottle of wine that I will probably drink most of.

Hey bros,

Quick reminder, tonight we play Mitos.is which is a free to play Agar.io clone which if you don't know what that is, doesn't really matter, just show up. It's like less than 100MB DL and tons of fun and Reds and I have been grinding our asses off to get coins to host a private room.  If you want to be cool you should DL and grind a little beforehand so you can buy a custom ball skin, otherwise you get assigned a random color.  

In all seriousness, thanks for linking this. It looks like a pretty awesome birthday present for my brother.

Hey bros,

Quick reminder, tonight we play Mitos.is which is a free to play Agar.io clone which if you don't know what that is, doesn't really matter, just show up. It's like less than 100MB DL and tons of fun and Reds and I have been grinding our asses off to get coins to host a private room. If you want to be cool you should DL and grind a little beforehand so you can buy a custom ball skin, otherwise you get assigned a random color.
Definitely spent more time playing this just now than I planned to, but my balls are all ground up and I'm ready to go.

This thread is getting more console every day. I like it! :bomb:

So my Zotac 970 basically died on Monday. Amazing timing given I had Deus Ex pre-loaded and ready to go, the first game I've pre-ordered since... well, Human Revolution 5 years ago.

What luck!

bread's done
Back