Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So, not only did my hard drive which contains about 2/3 of my downloaded Steam library fail, I missed a glitch on a racing game?!?!?!?  This is an outrage!

In happier news, forcing me to rip open my computer gave me the motivation to transfer the remaining bits to the case I bought a few months ago.  Hooray for procrastination!

How people will be complaining on launch day when I already have 4 skins unlock in Gears of War 4 and claiming that I'm 2pr0 4 Gears of War 4?

gV6YWYB.png
[image]http://imgur.com/a/SFcVP[/image]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another "y u no" moment to add to the CAG list. Time to put it in in the encyclopedia and pull it out when you feel like it. 

And I started playing Grim Dawn and I am impressed with the feel of the combat, which so many arpgs are weak at. The 3d camera is cool and the enemies on normal are far less spongy than Titan Quest. The production values are good considering the budget of the game and the graphics are solid. The world feels more dynamic than something like Diablo 3, with a day night cycle and dynamic weather.

keep waiting, I got mine delivered, and a friend of mine called their tech support since he needed a refund since they only sent him VIP which he didnt need.  They told him that they had other glitches in their system and were still attempting to fulfill orders even for those that received cancellation notices

So theres still hope

Looking on the bright side, missing the FH3 deal and getting my Gears code revoked means two fewer reasons to use the Windows Store. 

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced is 50% off on steam.  Don't see any mention of it anywhere.  There is no specified end time in the steam app that I can see either.  

I grabbed it since I've actually been eyeing it all week hoping for a steam sale on it this weekend.  Perfect timing.

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced is 50% off on steam. Don't see any mention of it anywhere. There is no specified end time in the steam app that I can see either.

I grabbed it since I've actually been eyeing it all week hoping for a steam sale on it this weekend. Perfect timing.
thx 4 ur humble monthly sacrifice

Looking on the bright side, missing the FH3 deal and getting my Gears code revoked means two fewer reasons to use the Windows Store.
Yup. I was afraid I was gonna have to find way to install Anniversary Edition. Now I can be lazy and wait for Steam Versions.

From Eurogamer: Quantum Break Steam-version is the way to go w/ this game on the PC:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-quantum-break-on-dx11-is-better-than-dx12

Some things to note from this article:

• Steam version uses DX11; W10 Store version uses DX12.
  • W10 version is no longer getting patches. PERIOD.
  • DX11 version on Steam is out-performing the W10 Store DX12 version - yes, even w/ Nvidia cards.
  • Around 33% performance gain on GTX 970 + 1060 w/ the new Steam version.
  • NVidia cards like the 970 + 1060 are now performing a lot similar to the AMD cards like the RX480 and sometimes even topping them (not by much).
  • AMD cards like the RX480 are still basically performing the same across both Steam version + W10 Store Versions.

From Eurogamer: Quantum Break Steam-version is the way to go w/ this game on the PC:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-quantum-break-on-dx11-is-better-than-dx12

Some things to note from this article:

• Steam version uses DX11; W10 Store version uses DX12.
  • W10 version is no longer getting patches. PERIOD.
  • DX11 version on Steam is out-performing the W10 Store DX12 version - yes, even w/ Nvidia cards.
  • Around 33% performance gain on GTX 970 + 1060 w/ the new Steam version.
  • NVidia cards like the 970 + 1060 are now performing a lot similar to the AMD cards like the RX480 and sometimes even topping them (not by much).
  • AMD cards like the RX480 are still basically performing the same across both Steam version + W10 Store Versions.
I wold also assume support for SLI/Crossfire, windows 10 doesn't support it.

Back around launch time I played the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break for a few hours with no noticeable problems. Had I not already owned it and had the choice, I would obviously pick Steam for any PC DRM. 

So much this... Truth be told I'm not even truly sure I have been revoked on Gears 4 as the store interface is so bad.
I got an error on mine, I can't even tell if this means revoke or not.

Edit: I click cancel and now it's allowing me to download it?
The window 10 store is so messy I cannot honestly tell if they've revoke the game or not.

Yep, it was removed.

least they didn't go out the way to ban accounts.
yet

Considering how people bought keys from other people.

I'm actually tempted to contact Microsoft considering few my irl friends bought keys from people for co-op.

I wonder if they're willing give it back if they bought by paypal or ebay.

I got an error on mine, I can't even tell if this means revoke or not.

Edit: I click cancel and now it's allowing me to download it?
The window 10 store is so messy I cannot honestly tell if they've revoke the game or not.
Pause the download and go to your start menu and try to play it. If its revoked it will tell you "Sorry but you got a refund for this and now you cant play it HAHA" well something to that effect. It let me DL it but when I tried to play it I got that msg. The license is basically revoked.

You can also tell by looking at it on the store page.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/gears-of-war-4-pre-order/9nblggh4rq6d

If there is a button to buy it, its revoked. It will say Owned or Manage where the pre-order button normally is if it isnt. Obviously you have to be signed into your MS account at the time.

Quantum Break seems okayish.

But:

- 60 fps is only possible when upscaled (from 720p)

- Image Quality suffers greatly

- Episodes are way too long

- Transitions between cutscenes (forcelocked to 30fps) cause heavy lagging afterwards for few seconds.

Is now a good old time to bring up how you guys all suck at golf and are going to lose the Ryder Cup... again. Again. Again.

We even put our D-team out this time. It's like that episode of Father Ted where they deliberately try NOT to win Eurovision. It stopped being funny a while ago. Hurry up and learn to play again please.

Scrubs.

:nottalking:

Is now a good old time to bring up how you guys all suck at golf and are going to lose the Ryder Cup... again. Again. Again.

We even put our D-team out this time. It's like that episode of Father Ted where they deliberately try NOT to win Eurovision. It stopped being funny a while ago. Hurry up and learn to play again please.

Scrubs.

:nottalking:
Not scrubs just to busy catching "footballs" with our hands. Its not popular here unless your rich, until your retired or old enough to get booze and find a course. By then its to late in your life to seriously pursue the sport. Any sport thats slightly popular in this country were the best at hands down.

Look at soccer. We dont even have a mens team but our women are in the running every tournament. Its one of the only sports our ladies can play from a young age, boys have way more choices and usually choose elsewhere.

My "shady" trader was actually really cool about it... Got a refund no questions asked.

I guess since I consider that money already spent I'll go preorder it from the MS store at a "discount" now.
did you quit the Division or something?

Saw it on sale and was wondering if it is worth it to jump in or just move to gears 4 instead.

Did you check and see if Controller Companion, Pinnacle, or any of those 3rd-party controller programs have profiles for Grim Dawn?
I have Pinnacle (not installed, but purchased) and I'm sure that there is something out there but Grim Dawn has integrated controller support, but it is extra wonk and feels terrible. I was thinking D3 on console controls, that is not what I got.

bread's done
Back