Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
R.I.P MysterD

anime-nosebleed.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmA6MrX81z4

the Nintendo Switch looks dumb. there, i said it.
Somehow it looked even dumber that what I expected, and I was expecting something real dumb. Not as dumb as me though because I'm going to preorder one. You can expect my launch day impressions in March. Here's a preview:

It sucks

I think I've seen enough of someone attempting to argue today, after reading this batshit crazy reply to one of my comments on SG..

Watching you argue is more entertaining though
Holy shit, that guy is bag of wet cats crazy. I want to reply with the evidence Carl has, where they didn't pay multiple devs and told Carl to commit Paypal fraud, but I'm sure this guy would spend a week finding out where my parents live and burn their house down.

Somehow it looked even dumber that what I expected, and I was expecting something real dumb. Not as dumb as me though because I'm going to preorder one. You can expect my launch day impressions in March. Here's a preview:

It sucks
I'll probably buy one, too. The console part looks stupid, but the whole portable gaming aspect is really cool. Tablet battery life has to be worse than the Wii U if it supports 4K like they've been claiming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Destroy All Humans 2 for the PS4?  Wooo, add that to Red Dead Redemption 2, Until Dawn, MLB The Show, and Madden and I'm starting to get enough console exclusives to consider a PS4 in about a year or two.  

I bought one off Amazon Warehouse Deals for about that price a couple of years ago. Didn't come with a controller, so CS gave me $30 credit to buy one. Worked great for the handful of times I used it, although it only came with a 120GB HDD that I replaced with a 500GB.
YOUR CONSOLE PISSANT TALK IS CLOGGING UP THE THREAD!!!!! I NEED MORE INFO ABOUT THE LATEST STEEM DEELS!!!! LIKE RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2!!!! AND VRAM STEAM DEALS !!!! AND SHOES...>STEEM SHOES!!!!

Not really surprised. Indiebox has been moving more and more away from what they started out (basically a collector's edition of Steam games) to just a generic physical copy edition of Steam games. When they first announced it I looked forward to possibly buying a really cool version of some of my favorite games, but now it's basically a physical copy with little in the way of cool collectibles since they even did away with the USB drives.

I REALLY REALLY don't get it. I bought the Jotun Indiebox when that coupon code was active but still don't see the appeal at all. With the Jotun box I will redeem the steam code then see if anyone wants the steelbook/DRM free disc for a couple bucks. The idea of having it on my shelf just doesn't appeal to me at all. Hell, my computer doesn't even have a disc drive anymore.

I hate Steelbooks with a passion. But those soundtracks...

Also, GamersGate is dead for me. They're now charging me in Mexican Pesos. Which would be fine if we got regional prices, but they're just charging 18.60 MXN per 1 USD. ;_;

I hate Steelbooks with a passion. But those soundtracks...

Also, GamersGate is dead for me. They're now charging me in Mexican Pesos. Which would be fine if we got regional prices, but they're just charging 18.60 MXN per 1 USD. ;_;
GG died when we lost the ability to get Russian pricing.

I REALLY REALLY don't get it. I bought the Jotun Indiebox when that coupon code was active but still don't see the appeal at all. With the Jotun box I will redeem the steam code then see if anyone wants the steelbook/DRM free disc for a couple bucks. The idea of having it on my shelf just doesn't appeal to me at all. Hell, my computer doesn't even have a disc drive anymore.
That's the thing though, when they started they came with custom USB drives instead of discs. Cool boxes instead of steelbooks, and a bunch of collectible goodies for each game. I never ordered, but I saw the appeal for some people who wanted to collect because some of the stuff was genuinely cool. Now, they just basically print hard copies. I guess they found their market and realized they could charge the same without as much effort. There's a whole thread of CAGs who will pay $20-40 bucks for bundle indie games on PS4 just because they get printed on a blu ray disc. Insanity!

That's the thing though, when they started they came with custom USB drives instead of discs. Cool boxes instead of steelbooks, and a bunch of collectible goodies for each game. I never ordered, but I saw the appeal for some people who wanted to collect because some of the stuff was genuinely cool. Now, they just basically print hard copies. I guess they found their market and realized they could charge the same without as much effort. There's a whole thread of CAGs who will pay $20-40 bucks for bundle indie games on PS4 just because they get printed on a blu ray disc. Insanity!
Yea the limited release thread full of vita & ps4 stuff that we all bought in bundles just baffles me.

Yea the limited release thread full of vita & ps4 stuff that we all bought in bundles just baffles me.
A lot people collect steelbooks, like myself. People collect all sorts of things dude. Physical media is one of them. I'm sure there's something you collect that other people might find weird. It's not a big deal.

That would be cool to me, as I love the look of old big box pc games on my shelves however...

I hate Steelbooks with a passion.
This.

Steelbooks are trash.

I was super excited about indiebox when they were first announced but they decided to design their early boxes to match the size of NES boxes, which killed all my enthusiasm.

It felt like they were just trying to cash in on the retro collector craze by appealing to NES/SNES collectors, so I wrote them off.

I didn't keep up with them, but it appears they moved on to larger boxes and included some feelies (some examples are the Freedom Planet and Axiom Verge boxes), but I just can't justify the price when that quality isn't consistent, assuming this is whats included with the Jotun box.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I don't even know if those Freedom Planet and Axiom Verge boxes were subscription boxes, or if they were some special edition boxes.

A lot people collect steelbooks, like myself. People collect all sorts of things dude. Physical media is one of them. I'm sure there's something you collect that other people might find weird. It's not a big deal.
Y so defensive? I said I didn't understand the appeal and it wasn't for me. Nothing more.

FWIW I don't think I actually collect anything. Used to collect MTG cards though. I know my parents thought I was insane......till I started selling them.

Y so defensive? I said I didn't understand the appeal and it wasn't for me. Nothing more.

FWIW I don't think I actually collect anything. Used to collect MTG cards though. I know my parents thought I was insane......till I started selling them.
Steam...backlog....

But yeah, I stopped collecting stuff. I mean, I guess I see it from a "investment" standpoint, but most people don't do it for that and really there isn't much money to be made.

But to each their own. I'm sure MysterD will snatch up all the extra Jotun boxes for his collection.

They're actually still doing the regular IndieBox things on the website too. There's no specific indication that this is going to replace what they're doing now; I suspect it's a marketing tactic to draw more people to the website.

The Jotun thing is still going to be a regular IndieBox as far as I can tell. I don't think they normally tell you up front what the physical stuff is, so it's a bit like subbing to Humble monthlies and hoping what you get isn't garbage.

My main beef with this is that I don't see that any of the listed games would be worth ponying up $20 for, even with a physical box. The only one that looks worthwhile is Stories.

On a side note, so $12 on GMG is pretty good for Dragon's Dogma? I'm tempted to snag that.

For the 5 people who care...

That big would changing patch for The Division is coming out on Tuesday the 25th. Unknown PC patch size right now but the PS4 is 10 GB and the XBone is 5-6.

Patch Notes:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1499869-Global-1-4-PTS-Patch-Notes
Thanks for the upcoming birthday present, UbiSoft!

Maybe I should (some day) start this game up!

EDIT:

GG died when we lost the ability to get Russian pricing.
GG died after the Bethesda Pack Fiasco.

Thanks a lot, Ashot P!

EDIT 2:

But to each their own. I'm sure MysterD will snatch up all the extra Jotun boxes for his collection.
MysterD doesn't have much interest in Jotun; sorry.

My Mechs Vs Minions from Riot Games (League of Legends) came today. I'm overly impressed with what I received. I'm a bit of a boardgame guy and they still exceeded my expectations.

Imgur album if anyone is interested in seeing some pictures of it. For reference, the bed is queen size.

My Mechs Vs Minions from Riot Games (League of Legends) came today. I'm overly impressed with what I received. I'm a bit of a boardgame guy and they still exceeded my expectations.

Imgur album if anyone is interested in seeing some pictures of it. For reference, the bed is queen size.
Looks a lot better then I expected, I would had bought it if I knew someone that was actually willing to play board games.

I can't tell if people are losing their shit because the game looks good or because they thought it would be hard to get. I think a little of both.

I'll pass as my board game backlog is only surpassed by my Steam backlog. I do hope it's good though as something like this can really propel the hobby forward a bit. Actually, I don't think anything can propel the hobby forward as much as Kickstarter has in the past few years.

I live about 15minutes from the Fantasy Flight Games offices and the convention center.  It is pretty wild there.  You should see it on weekends.

bread's done
Back