Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The Division is 14 bux on Amazon. Physical copy Prime eligible.

Sry for going off topic
Don't worry, this isn't off topic (unless you think the actual topic of this thread is VRAM, food pictures, and your mom). That's what the "+" means in the title. Hence, "All PC Gaming Deals"

Unless you were being sarcastic, then I'll just leave...

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this the Ultra wide master race thread? And I'm not talking about ya'lls mom. Sprung for a 29 in ultra wide monitor earlier today. Having buyers remorse, because I think I might want to grab a 34 inch monitor instead. Those who partake in such tomfoolery have any helpful insights? Does size matter (sic) in this case?

Isn't this the Ultra wide master race thread? And I'm not talking about ya'lls mom. Sprung for a 29 in ultra wide monitor earlier today. Having buyers remorse, because I think I might want to grab a 34 inch monitor instead. Those who partake in such tomfoolery have any helpful insights? Does size matter (sic) in this case?
This is a case of size matters. 34" ftw.

People still play The Division?
I wonder the same thing every time I see a patch announcement on Steam and developers blogging about upcoming features.

I guess Ubisoft paid the developers in advance to keep the game going for an entire year considering they mentioned it at E3 this year.

The game is beyond empty online

I have a 29" myself and I've never really felt I needed a 34". But I can tell you this, if I could have afforded it at the time, I would have sprung for one.

I wonder the same thing every time I see a patch announcement on Steam and developers blogging about upcoming features.

I guess Ubisoft paid the developers in advance to keep the game going for an entire year considering they mentioned it at E3 this year.

The game is beyond empty online
playing now
today's peak

This is a case of size matters. 34" ftw.
Size does matter but so does money and resolution.

for 2560x1080 29 is as big as I would go. 34 you would want to step up, but they still make some 34'' ones at that resolution. The jump in price can also be pretty drastic so it depends. If you could get 3440x1440 34'' for not much more than your 29'' then I would go for it if it's within your budget.

welcome brother, the first step (29) is always the hardest. When you are ready the 34" will welcome you

for 2560x1080 29 is as big as I would go. 34 you would want to step up, but they still make some 34'' ones at that resolution. The jump in price can also be pretty drastic so it depends. If you could get 3440x1440 34'' for not much more than your 29'' then I would go for it if it's within your budget.
i got the 2560x1080 35" acer. I dont have to squint at text. I thought it was more important that it was 144hz and supported freesync without spending stupid money.

Got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BIBB1KI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I told my wife I am going to let it get delivered, and if she liked it I would give it to her, and order myself a 34. That way I sneakily get the bigger monitor, but she is happy too so i don't get my ass beat for spending the money. I'm a genius!

That's the one I have!
6bLWiqL.png

Forget VR and forget Wiis that you take with you, play on a plane, take apart, put together and forget...umm...what modern thing is Xbox doing? Oh, forget sexy sounding voice AI to flirt with...Gamestop is on the BLEEDING edge of technology...

I present to you....physical copies of bundle games! Yes ladies and gentleman...this IS the future. And this future is so bright I gotta :cool:

http://www.gamestop.com/gametrust

(Affiliate stuff broke the link and I'm too lazy to figure out why)

Forget VR and forget Wiis that you take with you, play on a plane, take apart, put together and forget...umm...what modern thing is Xbox doing? Oh, forget sexy sounding voice AI to flirt with...Gamestop is on the BLEEDING edge of technology...

I present to you....physical copies of bundle games! Yes ladies and gentleman...this IS the future. And this future is so bright I gotta :cool:
y u present to me a broken link

Hrm...the affiliate stuff is breaking it...

http://www.gamestop.com/gametrust
I think they're steelbook versions of IndieBox releases with most of the bonuses stripped out. Saw it mentioned in the IndieBox thread recently. Price isn't bad if you're a collector, dunno if they come with steam keys like indiebox does though.

So what's the best way to get all the SkyRAM DLC for pennies in order to get the remaster for free to also sit in the backlog unplayed?  Thanks Bros!   :beer:

So what's the best way to get all the SkyRAM DLC for pennies in order to get the remaster for free to also sit in the backlog unplayed? Thanks Bros! :beer:
Good luck w/ that one.

Bethesda/Zenimax suck at discounting DLC's, as they often doesn't discount them as deep as Complete Editions purposely.

That way, no matter what (Whether you own base-game or only own base-game + one DLC), they still get you to buy the Complete Edition - i.e. which is what they did w/ Skyram + Dishonored.

EDIT:

Always check IsThereAnyDeal.com for game pricing history, current prices, price trends, etc:

ITAD on Skyrim DLC current prices, history, and whatnot:

Dawnguard - https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=elderscrollsvskyrimdawnguard

Dragonborn - https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=elderscrollsvskyrimdragonborn

Hearthfire - https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=elderscrollsvskyrimhearthfire

ITAD on Skyrim Legendary current prices, history, etc:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=elderscrollsvskyrimlegendaryedition

Empty far as I can see, I'm not sure if each region has their own servers.
I can literally never find anyone on matchmaking or DZ now last time I went to play, but this is my own personal experience.
Your likely going to need to hit level 30 to see other people... Which isn't hard to do with a little effort. (And which I've even offered to help with before.)

Good luck w/ that one.

Bethesda/Zenimax suck at discounting DLC's, as they often doesn't discount them as deep as Complete Editions purposely.

That way, no matter what (Whether you own base-game or only own base-game + one DLC), they still get you to buy the Complete Edition - i.e. which is what they did w/ Skyram + Dishonored.
Wait for a sale, then hit this up: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/635/

39% discount on top of whatever crap discount they may have.

Edit: God, I hate this stupid forum software. I can't even quote the person I wanted to reply to.

Am I going to be so dazzled that I forget about the 34, thereby crushing my wife's monitor enthusiasm?
Depends on what you are coming from. If you are coming from say 24'' and below, you will be impressed no matter what. If you had 27'' or above, you might be a little put off by the smaller vertical space but once you try it out in game I think you will love it. Plus, not sure how your other monitors are, but the Dell stand that comes with this is a thing of beauty. never have I had a better stand come stock with a monitor.

Wait for a sale, then hit this up: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/635/

39% discount on top of whatever crap discount they may have.

Edit: God, I hate this stupid forum software. I can't even quote the person I wanted to reply to.
Thanks for that. I think the problem is that we have to have the DLC registered by next week to qualify for the free upgrade. Just now looking into it because procrastination. Apparently I missed the 85% off Spoder mentioned in his time travel post. I'll keep digging.

Thanks for that. I think the problem is that we have to have the DLC registered by next week to qualify for the free upgrade. Just now looking into it because procrastination. Apparently I missed the 85% off Spoder mentioned in his time travel post. I'll keep digging.
There's always a chance Bethesda or an online shop will have a quickie sale before the switch.

I thought the best way to get Skyram DLC was just to buy the complete or legendary or whatever?  At least when that used to go on sale.  Not sure with the shitty sales lately if that's even an option. 

Has the humble store had anything decent in recent times? or is it just all total meh? I like how their WW2 Cod sale has the World War 2 Collection at a higher price than purchasing World at War and the Cod Warchest separately which hosts the same content.

Also I found it cheaper to buy a physical copy of Skyrim legendary over buying the dlc digitally.

Has the humble store had anything decent in recent times? or is it just all total meh? I like how their WW2 Cod sale has the World War 2 Collection at a higher price than purchasing World at War and the Cod Warchest separately which hosts the same content.

Also I found it cheaper to buy a physical copy of Skyrim legendary over buying the dlc digitally.
All meh, all the time. They just run on their name and the fact that hipsters will pay more if they tell them 2% is going to charity.

Forgot Black Mirror S3 came out today. No BF1 for me, then.
lol aren't there only like 3 episodes per season? Plus that show seems obscure as hell, in america anyway. I liked it, but almost forgot it existed, had no idea there was a new season coming out.

lol aren't there only like 3 episodes per season? Plus that show seems obscure as hell, in america anyway. I liked it, but almost forgot it existed, had no idea there was a new season coming out.
The first two were, but seasons 3 and 4 are six episodes each. I actually kinda prefer some of the more well-known British TV shows shorter formats (Black Mirror, Luther, Peaky Blinders, Sherlock). Quality over quantity after all *cough*The Walking Dead*cough*. Not really, it's gained a lot of popularity through Netflix. All the episodes went up today.

The first two were, but seasons 3 and 4 are six episodes each. I actually kinda prefer some of the more well-known British TV shows shorter formats (Black Mirror, Luther, Peaky Blinders, Sherlock). Quality over quantity after all *cough*The Walking Dead*cough*. Not really, it's gained a lot of popularity through Netflix.
I watched it on netflix, and most of my friends that I recommended it to have never heard of it before I told them about it. IMO The Walking Dead started off kind of mediocre in the first 2-3 seasons, but the quality is very high with the later ones.

I watched it on netflix, and most of my friends that I recommended it to have never heard of it before I told them about it. IMO The Walking Dead started off kind of mediocre in the first 2-3 seasons, but the quality is very high with the later ones.
Season 1's still the best if you ask me. However, I suppose it has been steadily improving since 2. Haven't watched 6 yet or any of FTWD. Also, before anyone says anything, this conversation is not OT because one of the new episodes of BM (Playtest) involves video games.

All meh, all the time. They just run on their name and the fact that hipsters will pay more if they tell them 2% is going to charity.
Really, humble sales seems to be the same exact as steam sales, but at least steam can give you refunds

I feel like "legit" steam key sites outside bundlestars aren't that great anymore

Hoping for a little advice.

Will I miss a lot if I don't replay KOTOR 1 before playing 2? It's probably been at least 10 years since I finished the first.

I figured I could just read a recap of the first game, but will I miss lots of little details if I haven't recently played it?

I just wanted to share that I won my first game of Civ6 and I have absolutely no idea how it even happened. One minute I was just clicking on different buttons and spacing out just like I'd been doing for the previous 4 hours and then the next thing I know I'm unlocking like a dozen achievements and Sean Bean is talking about something stupid.

Definitely my personal GOTY.

Hoping for a little advice.

Will I miss a lot if I don't replay KOTOR 1 before playing 2? It's probably been at least 10 years since I finished the first.

I figured I could just read a recap of the first game, but will I miss lots of little details if I haven't recently played it?
Don't worry about it too much. KOTOR 2 certainly references the first game and has some reoccurring characters, but the main story doesn't rely on KOTOR's story. You'll be fine if you even have a remote idea of what happened in the first game.

I'd definitely recommend downloading The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) though. It adds a lot to KOTOR 2.

Don't worry about it too much. KOTOR 2 certainly references the first game and has some reoccurring characters, but the main story doesn't rely on KOTOR's story. You'll be fine if you even have a remote idea of what happened in the first game.

I'd definitely recommend downloading The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) though. It adds a lot to KOTOR 2.
Thanks for your quick response, I've been sitting here debating what to do. I'll be sure to get that mod.

bread's done
Back