Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Steam Awards 2016 are on tonight at 6pm PST, bet everyone is really excited for it, right?

Honestly, if I can't find anything else feel like doing, might watch a few minutes of it.
I will be watching it.

I can't wait for street fighter v to win best fighting game so I can laugh at everyone that keeps saying it's a bad game.

Last edited by a moderator:
is Neverwinter Night good, if u like Baldur Gate's epic story and wonderful character?
I highly recommend NWN: Diamond - namely for the expansion campaigns. I'll get to why eventually.

NWN Base-Game's Single Player Campaign is a mixed bag, which can be on and off.. Originally, NWN was going to be just a Toolset for modders - but gamers complained, wanted a campaign, and they got (a rushed) one. There's two stories on-going - a whole ordeal of betrayal with Aribeth, Fenthick, and The King (the better storyline by a bloody mile); and the cliche, boring, and rushed "ancient race" returns to cause trouble to The City. Good-but-flawed campaign - but not great either, IMHO.

NWN's base-game is a step back gameplay-wise overall, if you liked BG. Its combat is nowhere as strategic and not as deep b/c you could only take your characters + one companion that you barely had any control over. But, it probably was never meant to be, anyways - it feels like it was meant to be a bit more action-y w/ this game (i.e. think of how things changed from DAO to DA2), even though it's still that Bioware real-time combat system w/ strategic-pause and the underpinnings of a pseudo turn-based combat system here.

NWN: Shadows of Undrentide (from Floodgate, not BioWare) allowed for still a group of two, but you actually have more control of your companion's character w/ now their Inventory + Orders you can give them. It can be quite difficult at times (especially compared to NWN base-game's campaign), though its story + characters were quite good overall. This is a much more solid effort than the base-game, but really doesn't do much new or special here. Basically, it feels like Floodgate listened to many complaints of BioWare's NWN base-game - and decided to out-class BioWare's base-game here. They succeeded here; it's very good, IMHO.

NWN: Hordes of the Underdark from BioWare is the crowning jewel of the club here - w/ its story, characters, and gameplay. Finally, you can have 3 members in a party at once - all of which you can give orders and access their Inventory. You do have some new characters here (such as the Drow assassin Nathyrra, who is just an intriguing and excellent character) & returning characters here (like Aribeth + Deekin). With finally the perfection of NWN combat-style (with a decent sized party here); higher-level combat + stuff going on here; lots of choice + multiple endings; and a fantastic send-off here - this is easily the best campaign here. Fantastic campaign. This campaign here is the real reason to play NWN, if you ask me.

I highly recommend NWN: Diamond - namely for the expansion campaigns. I'll get to why eventually.

..... snip
so skip base and 1st expansion. Play the 2nd expansion?

Any comment on NW2 as well? Again, I am looking for good story and good character development, like the BG series

I will be watching it.
I can't wait for street fighter v to win best fighting game so I can laugh at everyone that keeps saying it's a bad game.
Hm. I'm terrible at fighting games, have never owned a fight stick or pad or whatever they're called, and I thought Street Fighter V was a terrible game. I liked Mortal Kombat 9 and X and Injustice. Make of that what you will.

so skip base and 1st expansion. Play the 2nd expansion?
NWN base-game has good story + character development, for the most part. It's worth playing for that. Just...I think the ancient race storyline is "meh". The game would be much better w/out it. The other main storyline w/ Fenthick, Aribeth and the King is much better, more fleshed-out, and more interesting.

If you're looking for BG-like strategic-style of combat+gameplay - forget it; parties are too small here in NWN base + SoU; especially for a D+D based game. You're better off w/ Hordes' campaign for that; even though Hordes' campaign still isn't on BG's level, since BG can have up to six party members. Six is a better number for a D+D campaign, anyways - as you can have more variety of classes + a more well-rounded group there in the BG titles.

Also, both NWN base-game and NWN: Shadows of Undrentide are built for starting Level 1 characters.

Another problem w/ Hordes is this: there are returning characters from base-game (Aribeth) and SoU (Deekin). To get the most out of these characters, you'll likely have to play everything.

NWN: Hordes is build for you to start with a higher level character. Likely, when starting up Hordes - you could + probably will import your character from either NWN base-game or SoU.

EDIT:

Any comment on NW2 as well? Again, I am looking for good story and good character development, like the BG series
NWN2 is really good, too. With bigger parties (up to 4 max), more orders, and more control over your characters - NWN2 is hard to go wrong with.

NWN2 is Obsidian's baby (for the most part) - so, expect the typical Obsidian staples here: epic+grand stories; interesting characters; great dialogues + writing; and excellent narratives.

If you're looking for epic traditional fantasy stuff - NWN2 base-game has you covered. It's pretty damn good, TBH.

If you want one of the most personal stories since Planescape: Torment (it's very similar in scope there, IMHO), NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer expansion has you covered - and is one of the best expansion packs ever made for a RPG, IMHO.

If you wanted NWN2 to ever go a bit more open-world, a bit more old-school (i.e. you can create an entire party here) + introduce a bunch of new elements - NWN2: Storm of Zehir will fit the bill and is actually good.

NWN2: Storm of Zehir might not have the best story, characters, and whatnot - but some new gameplay elements (this feels way more open-world than any other NWN game, a new overworld map + you can also control the map w/ your caravans for making money & getting resources) make Storm definitely worthwhile. It might be the weakest of the 3 major NWN2 campaigns b/c of its emphasis is less on the typical Obsidian staples, but it's still quite good b/c of the new gameplay elements.

I've never played Mysteries of Westgate DLC (from Ossian), so I can't speak on that.

It will be very VERY hard to go back from NWN2 to NWN... but I spent a TON of time between it and the expansions.  FANTASTIC game.  But I'm just some internet forum person... why trust me?  :p

Hm. I'm terrible at fighting games, have never owned a fight stick or pad or whatever they're called, and I thought Street Fighter V was a terrible game. I liked Mortal Kombat 9 and X and Injustice. Make of that what you will.
I enjoy all the modern fighting games and I can't wait for Injustice 2 to come out.

You don't really need a fight pad or fight stick to play fighting games.

Some OF the top EVO players for Mortal Kombat use the normal ps4 controller to play.

I just dislike people that think you can only like one fighting game cause "THIS GAME IS BETTER AND THAT'S ALL I CAN PLAY."

It will be very VERY hard to go back from NWN2 to NWN... but I spent a TON of time between it and the expansions. FANTASTIC game. But I'm just some internet forum person... why trust me? :p
I think it's really hard to go wrong w/ either NWN1: Diamond and NWN2: Complete.

This is all even when considering good-but-flawed pieces there like the NWN1's base-game campaign (b/c of mainstreaming elements + dumbing down gameplay here when compared to BioWare's BG series & the rushed aspects of NWN1's storyline of the "ancient race") and NWN2: Storm of Zehir (that's namely b/c character development + stories + narrative isn't as good as typical Obsidian here - probably b/c it's way more focused on the actual open-world experience + gameplay-stuff). It's just....well, with a bit more cooking in the oven, these experiences here could've been great.

There's also masterpieces to be found in both NWN1: Diamond and NWN2: Complete. NWN1 has the Hordes expansion + NWN2 has Mask of the Betrayer expansion - which is pretty much why nobody should miss either of these campaigns.

Plus, with so much content already packed into each package - yeah, there's easily 100 hours worth of content with each Complete Edition here - why would any RPG fan skip this?

It will be very VERY hard to go back from NWN2 to NWN... but I spent a TON of time between it and the expansions. FANTASTIC game. But I'm just some internet forum person... why trust me? :p
i agree that for most games, going from part 2 to part 1 is hard (unless part 2 bombed).

Maybe someone has imported NW1 campaign into NW2 engine?

NWN2: Storm of Zehir might not have the best story, characters, and whatnot - but some new gameplay elements (this feels way more open-world than any other NWN game, a new overworld map + you can also control the map w/ your caravans for making money & getting resources) make Storm definitely worthwhile. It might be the weakest of the 3 major NWN2 campaigns b/c of its emphasis is less on the typical Obsidian staples, but it's still quite good b/c of the new gameplay elements.

I've never played Mysteries of Westgate DLC (from Ossian), so I can't speak on that.
For my money, Storm of Zehir was highly underrated. The overland map made it feel like a more modern take on the SSI Gold Box games.

Once you make it past the tutorial areas NWN2 gets a heck of a lot better. I loved the game but after the tutorial area I almost have up, glad I didn't. The expansions are both great with Mask of the Betrayer being exceptional.

If you're looking for something more like the bg series I would give Pillars of Eternity a try. Only downside to Pillars is the story isn't super interesting.

GAGlalS.png

Titanfall 2 is 40% off on all platforms right now.

Yeah, I was expecting it to go to Uncharted 4.
Man, I forgot Uncharted 4 even came out this year. I think there were at least 10 other games that came out this year that were a lot more fun, and at least half those games started with the letter D.

Hell of a year for the letter D.

Man, I forgot Uncharted 4 even came out this year. I think there were at least 10 other games that came out this year that were a lot more fun, and at least half those games started with the letter D.

Hell of a year for the letter D.
Deus Ex, Dishonored, and DOOM.

The bros tried to play "Street Arena". It was total shit. We never all got into a game together and when we did get into a game it controlled like ass and was largely pointless. We may have lasted 10 minutes trying.

Then we played some Dead By Daylight. Reds and Weiler both complained about it. I killed them both. I'm happy about that.

The bros tried to play "Street Arena". It was total shit. We never all got into a game together and when we did get into a game it controlled like ass and was largely pointless. We may have lasted 10 minutes trying.

Then we played some Dead By Daylight. Reds and Weiler both complained about it. I killed them both. I'm happy about that.
i really really made an effort to escape. I crawled into the basement on purpose and malkan wasted his time saving me. Game is dead to me.

i really really made an effort to escape. I crawled into the basement on purpose and malkan wasted his time saving me. Game is dead to me.
Crawling into the basement would not have saved you or helped you escape, you'd have bled to death. Malkan saving you was your only chance at escape lol.

If I like Star Wars KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Jade Empire will I like NeverWinter Nights?
Yes, I think so.

Combat in NWN is a lot similar to the KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Dragon Age: Origins gameplay. All of those all have the usual BioWare real-time combat with the underpinning of pseudo turn-based combat and the classic BioWare strategic pause allowed (where you can give orders to your group while the game's combat is paused).

Of course, NWN's setting is in Forgotten Realms for D+D, which is a more traditional fantasy setting. You like DAO, so you should be fine w/ the setting.

Though NWN's combat is nowhere as deep strategically as DAO, since parties in NWN don't get up to DAO numbers (DAO goes up to 4 characters max). NWN base-game and SOU allow for 2 max, while HOTU allows 3 party members. Also, D+D really is built for 6 party members b/c of the different amount of classes + specialization classes (it's really built for a party where you have a group of a warrior/fighter tank+healer+offensive mage+thief/rogue+one other character of your choice such as a paladin tank). DAO is similar to D+D, but is more tailor-made for its group b/c BioWare it a certain way: it's built for a group of 4, where you have the 3 classes in the group (mage, thief, and warrior/fighter) w/ one extra character being your choice - plus later on, the specailizations can make it feel like characters can take on more than one role, anyways.

You seem to like BioWare games - so while the graphics and combat might not be as advanced as newer BioWare games, you should still like it. As typical w/ most BioWare games, most of NWN's content is very good on the characters and story stuff, overall - so this should be right up your alley, for the most part. To me, NWN1: Hordes of the Underdark is exceptional and one of the best expansion packs ever made.

No harm here in trying NWN Diamond, as it's freaking free on GOG. Add it to your GOG account, download it, and find out if you like it. :)

Adding to the topic, the Neverwinter night series was never that good if you only consider just the content/storyline of the games, esp. when compared to the earlier games in the Bioware resume (Baldur's gate, Planescape). The mostly-control-only-1 guy thing doesn't really help either.

However, imo the most fun part of the old AD&D system and games with it is in building and min-maxing your characters. The older editions of AD&D revolved around getting the most bang-for-your-buck via multi/dual-classing and hitting the sweet spots for ToHit/AC and/or number of spells at the right levels. It's from an era whereby you have to do your homework and plan it out before starting because it's really easy to have a bad build (no respec) unlike more modern games where you can just mash buttons half asleep.

In terms of Neverwinter Nights, it is based on the 3rd edition I think, which is more standardized, simplified certain stuffs and added "feats" which are basically perks based on class. These feats all have various requirements and some require other feats (think skill tree) and you'll get one every couple of levels (again based on class), and the game is in finding the best combination of them while meeting the requirements to get them in the first place.

The modding scene in NWN was great, and I think there were some "arena" mods in NWN/NWN2 whereby you could build your character via some controls and then challenge some OP pre-built characters 1v1 or spawn different monsters etc. It is very satisfying when you come up to something that seemingly look OP but then counter it by changing something around, and overcoming it. I think that mod also allowed you to "save" your build into the database and you could challenge your own "champion" builds. I spent far more time building my chars in those mods than in actually playing the game's campaigns themselves.

I cant remember if it was NWN1 or 2, but there were also dota-like mods with creep spawns if that's your cup of tea and I had loads of fun with those with some buddies too. All in all, it was an awesome game, esp. with mods if you can find some friends to play it with you.

DAO on the other hand for me required far less thought when it comes to character builds and the game there (like in FF12) was more to build and optimize your decision trees for your AI party bots (via the built in behavior tactics/triggers thing, modding it to allow for more lines helped) so that your dumb AI party members won't get themselves killed. It's a pity they took that all out from DAI which make your party members so annoying to control coz you have to micro everything.

Looks like I didn't miss much then. I intended to show up but work got in the way.

Yeah, Fox probably DID miss the chance to ever play DbD with Reds again.
As bad as Reds was as the killer (seriously, I had to chase him around and he STILL didn't find me most of the time), I thought he was getting the hang of being a survivor in the last round or two. He rescued people pretty damn quickly

It's a fun game but it requires a lot of practice to be good, much like Rocket League was. But then again, Reds made me play 2v2 with him (on his team) in RL and I don't think he's gotten much better lol

It's a fun game but it requires a lot of practice to be good, much like Rocket League was.
The difference (to me, anyway) is that even if you're inexperienced you can still contribute something: working a generator, unhooking someone, hell even just saying where the killer is chasing you. Plus each survivor is scored separately so, although it's co-operative, it's not really a "team". If you inexperienced as the killer, you really don't have anyone to answer to but yourself. In Rocket League, if you suck you don't do much except blunder into a lucky shot once in a while (if you're not accidentally scoring against your own team) and generally feel like more of a liability. Being terrible on your own is one thing and you can laugh at your own inept playing; being terrible and feeling like you're dragging a team down is less fun.

The difference (to me, anyway) is that even if you're inexperienced you can still contribute something: working a generator, unhooking someone, hell even just saying where the killer is chasing you. Plus each survivor is scored separately so, although it's co-operative, it's not really a "team". If you inexperienced as the killer, you really don't have anyone to answer to but yourself. In Rocket League, if you suck you don't do much except blunder into a lucky shot once in a while (if you're not accidentally scoring against your own team) and generally feel like more of a liability. Being terrible on your own is one thing and you can laugh at your own inept playing; being terrible and feeling like you're dragging a team down is less fun.
According to Reds, he sucked as the killer because he was lagging so much lol.

Don't dismiss Dark Souls 3, The Division, Darkest Dungeon, Dead by Daylight, or Dead Rising 4.
Haven't played any of those. I'll probably be picking them up soon, though. Despite already having Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 & 2, Bloodborne, and Dead Rising 1-3 backlogged.

...I need help

bread's done
Back