Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Third party CD-keys refers to keys Steam gives out (like Rockstar Social Club).
Again: They would LOSE 95% OF THEIR BUSINESS IF THEY DID THAT.

Third party CD keys are the only reason Steam got so big. If they remove this, what's to stop devs from fleeing to Origin or Uplay?

Last edited by a moderator:

Third party CD keys are the only reason Steam got so big. If they remove this, what's to stop devs from fleeing to Origin or Uplay?
I read that as they are no longer offering support for third party keys, not that they won't be providing publishers with retail keys which is, I assume, what you're thinking.

Edit: I assumed wrong. It's even less exciting than that!

Was wondering if someone with experience with Team Fortress 2 keys can help me out?

Wanted to get my friend some Team fortress 2 keys for Christmas since he plays it alot (over 1,000 hours). I was wondering if anyone knows the best/safest way to buy these and how would I be able to send him the keys.

I read that as they are no longer offering support for third party keys, not that they won't be providing publishers with retail keys which is, I assume, what you're thinking.
Didn't the article you linked to used to have a list of games that came in retail boxes and could be activated on Steam? Scratch that I'm thinking of another link.

So either they're going to discontinue that, or they're simply not going to let publishers show you keys to activate elsewhere, like the Origin codes / Paradox forum account extras, or whatnot. Is that what you meant, madjoki?

Again: Third party CD-keys refers to keys Steam gives out (like Rockstar Social Club).

You're thinking of product keys used to activate game on Steam, which aren't going anywhere.

Again: Third party CD-keys refers to keys Steam gives out (like Rockstar Social Club).

You're thinking of product keys used to activate game on Steam, which aren't going anywhere.
And they're going to drive out Rockstar and a bunch of other publishers by doing this.

It's stupid as hell.

Price in UK was definitely better than spending $10 for those two games. We all knew Hitman GO and Hitman Intro would be in this, but I'm disappointed that they gave the middle Legacy of Kain games and one random Tomb Raider.
yeah UK price was the move here but I didn't see it in time. the date range on the coupon really bothers me unless theirs a weird sale im not aware of at that time. Anyway, I think I might keep LR & trade or give away the rest.

Dead by Daylight has an entry in your Steam inventory. Is that new? I hadn't notice it before.
I noticed it a few days ago. I THINK they said on the forum that it allowed them to do some stuff with gifts, rewards, etc and that's why it was there. Not because they were planning on unlockable crates or anything like that. Place for their favorite Twitch streamers to keep their fancy novelty shirt skins.

Hi. Old-timer Steam CAGer here but it's been a couple of years since I frequented this thread. Good to see some names I still recognize!

I wanted to share a good deal. If you are looking for Vermintide, there is a physical package release on Amazon for PC that is on sale for $9.00 right now. Price has been falling steadily since last week (I bought at $10 on Friday). The cheapest that Vermintide has been online is $15.

Amazon Link: http://a.co/6YZh0uQ

This physical edition appears to have coincided with the release of Vermintide for the consoles, back in October. It has 4 DLC bundled in (2 free, and two more worth a combined $12). So that means it's a retail value of $42, which makes this better than a 75% off sale.

Now for the bad news: I cannot promise that there is a Steam code. The Amazon page does not say so and Google is no help. However, this is a 4-player co-op game, and the game on PC requires Steamworks for matchmaking. And the online sites other than Steam that sell Vermintide do not offer any downloadable version - it's all Steam keys online. So I'm pretty confident that the box is going to have a Steam key, too. I'll update here when my copy arrives.

Cheers.

FYI Vermintide on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

header.jpg
My copy arrived last night. Confirmed: Steam code in the box. It's a nice package, including install media (or you can just download obviously... you'll need updates anyway). Also a player guide (useless), an art book (nice but not that nice), a thank-you postcard from the developer, and a small two-sided poster (rats on one side, heroes on the other).

The Steam code activates the 4 DLC mentioned above, as well as the "Collectors Edition" bundle, which is another $15 retail value. So now we're up to $57 retail value in this package. Basically the only DLC not included is the just-released "Karak Azgaraz".

Also, the price is down to $8.24 (US) on Amazon now. It's officially a fire sale, if there's anyone left who was interested in this game but hasn't bought yet. Might be worth it for the DLC alone if you have the base game.

Cheers

I noticed it a few days ago. I THINK they said on the forum that it allowed them to do some stuff with gifts, rewards, etc and that's why it was there. Not because they were planning on unlockable crates or anything like that. Place for their favorite Twitch streamers to keep their fancy novelty shirt skins.
Then I should'd expect this message from disappearing anytime soon:

This inventory is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Gamestop is selling Hitman intro for $3.74, and the upgrade pack for $12.49. Do they still require to download their client or can I just use the steam key by itself?

The CAG twitter says the full experience is supposed to be $14.99 but I only see it for $59.99? 

Also is the free holiday mission still available later on or only this one time?

Speaking of Motoki, I found more grandma games for fifty cents a pop.

v5J0UgJ.jpg

I'm sure I already have all of these on the other two sets I picked up earlier this year...

My copy arrived last night. Confirmed: Steam code in the box. It's a nice package, including install media (or you can just download obviously... you'll need updates anyway). Also a player guide (useless), an art book (nice but not that nice), a thank-you postcard from the developer, and a small two-sided poster (rats on one side, heroes on the other).
You're late to the party but, until Christmas, you can launch the game once a day and receive a free piece of loot. Might as well get your five remaining pieces.

Here's hoping they give away Bioware points.

I wish I'd gotten a Shadow Warrior 2 key. :(
So these aren't Origin giveaways, apparently. I just saw the Day 1 giveaway is a fixed number of Krogan plushes for retweeting their twit or whatever twitter things are. Maybe they're planning on giving away Mass Effect 2 at some point but don't count on any other software giveaways.

On a side note, it's apparently the 5-year anniversary of SW:TOR, so if you're a regular player of that MMO, you may want to log in today. BioWare vaguely threatened to have some sort of rewards in their post here:

In honor of the Five-Year Anniversary we have lots of rewards to share with you in the game today; my favorite is the ‘Celebration Jawa’ – but there are tons more. Plus, we are premiering the official Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Portrait Collage today for its first reveal – this is a collage made up of player characters that you have sent us that have been brought to life in this game. This game is the tapestry of your stories, your adventures, your achievements and your commitment to us, the game and Star Wars!

Is that oculus rift with $100 GC a good deal? Thinking about getting one, but I'm afraid VR is something you'll like for a couple days and then the fad wears off.

Is that oculus rift with $100 GC a good deal? Thinking about getting one, but I'm afraid VR is something you'll like for a couple days and then the fad wears off.
Pretty much my experience, then again I don't have tons of good games to play with my HTC Vive.

When buying the rift keep in mind you're paying to early adopt hardware with few good games on it.

I do recommend buying the Oculus Rift's Touch controllers if you want to play many of the new games that is being added via Oculus Rift's Store and Steam.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/rift/

For some starter games I do recommend Super Hot VR and Eve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZJvg7rNRw

gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkNtgahpXv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TmMIGOevis

If you're willing to buy the Touch Controllers for the rift I do recommend buying the HTC VIVE since it will cost you $800 for the rift+controllers.
The room scale feature on the htc vive is the best thing on all the 3 headsets I've tried out so far.

You can download the ReVIVE software which can be used to play purchased exclusive Oculus Rift store content so you aren't locked into HTC Vive content only.

Gamestop is selling Hitman intro for $3.74, and the upgrade pack for $12.49. Do they still require to download their client or can I just use the steam key by itself?

The CAG twitter says the full experience is supposed to be $14.99 but I only see it for $59.99?

Also is the free holiday mission still available later on or only this one time?
So am I missing anything by buying the intro and upgrade pack? Because it seems like a price mistake to get the same content as the full experience which costs more.

If you're willing to buy the Touch Controllers for the rift I do recommend buying the HTC VIVE since it will cost you $800 for the rift+controllers.

The room scale feature on the htc vive is the best thing on all the 3 headsets I've tried out so far.

You can download the ReVIVE software which can be used to play purchased exclusive Oculus Rift store content so you aren't locked into HTC Vive content only.
There are a couple other benefits to the rift over the vive. Mainly the touch controllers are generally reviewed as being better all around, and they are great, you do get a real sense of hand presence, and grasping to pick things up because of the capacitive touch buttons. The rift is also usually more comfortable for most people and its more lightweight, has built in headphones (that are also detachable and replacable), and may have slightly better optics with less screen door (alot of people go back and forth on this one so YMMV, just going by the first hand comparisons of people who own both).

Also the 2 sensor rift is fine for the majority of roomscale applications as long as you have it setup correctly, of course you can always buy a third sensor if you feel the need, it is slightly finickier to setup for full roomscale though so vive does usually take the lead there. The other downside to the rift is the nose hole, there is lightbleed through it unless you replace your foam padding so if your playing with all your lights on you will see the light (I usually play in a dark room anyway so I never really notice it)

Of course thats just my 2cents being a rift owner, but all those reasons are why I went with one over a vive to begin with, even before touch was released knowing I would prefer the touch controllers to vive wands anyway.

Vive has better room scale, if you have the space.  Rift has better controllers, and that still requires some space, but not as much (5'x7' is the ideal, but I don't have that).

Rift controllers are a blast.  Could see some antics being had in paintball on Rec Room.  SuperHot VR is definitely A+. 

Vive has better room scale, if you have the space. Rift has better controllers, and that still requires some space, but not as much (5'x7' is the ideal, but I don't have that).

Rift controllers are a blast. Could see some antics being had in paintball on Rec Room. SuperHot VR is definitely A+.
Yea I play in what is considered 'standing only' on a vive but 'medium' for rift, probably about 5x5. Havent had any issues with it

Also EVE is ok, but very arcadey, Id recommend elite if you want a really in depth space sim. I grabbed the climb and eve today since they are the dailies on home, havent tried the climb yet.

Sportsbar VR is very fun, if you got some friends to play with it. Planning on also grabbing pierhead arcade, soundstage, audioshield, and maybe one or two more during the sale

I was a little bored and browsing some of my older posts when I stumbled upon this.

NSRrs8K.png

Now I know why Motoki left CAG. He wasn't captured by a vengeful JonnyC. Motoki was a secret agent working for game publishers to plant the idea that 66% was "close enough" to 75%.

Mission accomplished, my friend.

I like my O.Rift.  I sit in my chair and don't look like an idiot falling into things.  Plus, I don't have a ROOM to give up for VR.  I like my L desk too much.  

I've lost track. Is the sale supposed to start today, or tomorrow?

EDIT: Never mind. Looks like it starts tomorrow.

bread's done
Back