Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I had a good bit of luck this week. Was looking into Hitman but wanted to wait until the steam sale started. I ended up biting on the SE holiday pack and got LR:FFXIII and the Hitman Intro Pack. Turned around and got the upgrade pack from gamestop. Not too shabby.

can someone refresh my memory on what purpose steam cards serve? they're only for vanity items like badges correct? i've got a steam idler going and i think im going to sell the farm if this sale is good.

can someone refresh my memory on what purpose steam cards serve? they're only for vanity items like badges correct? i've got a steam idler going and i think im going to sell the farm if this sale is good.
have fun getting .03 per card if you are lucky. I sold about 100 in the past day and am up 1.24 in gaben cash!

thats a bit low tbh usually i see 3~20 cents a card. are you using enhanced steam to see the average on a given card?

figured, thanks a bunch.
Yes I use enhanced steam. only newer games seem to have cards worth anything above 8 cents. The majority of card drops Ive gotten in the past few months are cards that are going for 4 or 5 cents, which means you are lucky to get a penny after steam gets a cut. Sure I did make my money back on the donald trump game a few weeks ago where each card sold for well over 20 cents, but that is not the norm. Even when I get a foil i feel lucky to get over 10 cents for it these days.

Yes I use enhanced steam. only newer games seem to have cards worth anything above 8 cents. The majority of card drops Ive gotten in the past few months are cards that are going for 4 or 5 cents, which means you are lucky to get a penny after steam gets a cut. Sure I did make my money back on the donald trump game a few weeks ago where each card sold for well over 20 cents, but that is not the norm. Even when I get a foil i feel lucky to get over 10 cents for it these days.
It's not the age but the type of game, anime games sell for the most i.e: i just got a foil card that goes for $7.

It's not the age but the type of game, anime games sell for the most i.e: i just got a foil card that goes for $7.
Yea there are some games that will sell, but they're very niche and very needle in the haystack. Bundle trash foils are usually harder to move than regular cards. I've had 4 foils all lowest price on the market for months now. Theres not even a minimum buy order on some of them.

If there was a trading bot that took foils, Id prob move them all for regular cards just to get something out of them.

There used to be a bot service called Scrapbank.me, it still exists I believe but only does TF2 crap. A few years ago they took cards and would pay out in ref/keys etc. the algorithm sucked so it was piss easy to buy low on the market and trade them immediately to the bot and take huge advantage. I made $40 in a day flipping cards to that fucking thing. Thats not possible at all anymore just due to the market sale locks and shit, but it'd be nice to have a place to dump foils just to get out from under them.

Last edited by a moderator:
T4A3cxi.png

10 copies please.

I have played a lot of RCT in my day, but I don't know if I can spend even $5 on that.

Is there any chance it will get better?
It has workshop support. I actually bought it thinking the devs might patch the performance issues then the workshop support might make it worthwhile. Kinda a long shot but free shipping credits so whatever. It is easier to imagine them just abandoning it since Planet Coaster is the "go to" coaster game atm. Probably not enough of a market for both games to flourish.

It has workshop support. I actually bought it thinking the devs might patch the performance issues then the workshop support might make it worthwhile. Kinda a long shot but free shipping credits so whatever. It is easier to imagine them just abandoning it since Planet Coaster is the go to coaster game atm and probably not enough of a market for both games to flourish.
Workshop support eh? I am pretty lazy in regards to building my own coaster designs....

It is easier to imagine them just abandoning it since Planet Coaster is the "go to" coaster game atm. Probably not enough of a market for both games to flourish.
First Cities: Skylines takes on SimCity then Planet Coaster takes on RCT. Too long has Big Sim sat complacent and now it's going down. You're next, Farming Simulator 2017!

First Cities: Skylines takes on SimCity then Planet Coaster takes on RCT. Too long has Big Sim sat complacent and now it's going down. You're next, Farming Simulator 2017!
To be fair it was more RCT taking on planet coaster. PC has alot of the original devs of rct1/2/3, where RCTW is some newish studio that had only previously done mobile and shitty games

Plus PC has workshop support as well, which last time I checked looked to be over 100k items

I have both and really RCTW doesnt hold a candle to PC in anyway. I guess for 5$ what the hell, but id put some extra cash down for PC and be happier in the long run

Are Origin and GameStop really the only places to buy Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition ...?

Kind of annoying.  Keys on sale all over the place dirt cheap for the game-only, but I want the DLC, too.  Looking for a controller RPG.

Are Origin and GameStop really the only places to buy Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition ...?

Kind of annoying. Keys on sale all over the place dirt cheap for the game-only, but I want the DLC, too. Looking for a controller RPG.
game.co.uk had a glitch/sale/whatever during BF for like 5$ that was fully goty

I personally wouldn't spend 15 bucks for that game.  It's a Deep Silver game and they love, love, L-O-V-E putting their games in bundles. (and of course the fact that it got very average to below average ratings by reviewers)

HF:TR is underrated and its performance was fixed during the Free Weekend, some time ago.

While it ain't spectacular, it's still a good Far Cry 3+4 type of game with a few cool twists of its own (i.e. the gun-part swapping on the fly, Philly as a setting & North Korean taking over as a setting/plot). 

Yeah, the initial poor ratings for HF:R were mainly due to performance issues which have been mostly resolved. It's played fine for me every time I've played it.

That said, the game isn't anything you NEED to play. It's essentially urban Far Cry so, if you like that model, you'll probably like this game. If you see the last couple FC games as just a bunch of repetitive map tasks, then you can safely skip this since it's also a bunch of "hit these outposts, do these map objectives". I liked it for what it was but, if you feel like waiting for it to be bundled, you're probably not really depriving yourself in the meantime.

Well, that's different.
G2A to make it easier to cancel shady plan that you're required to buy in order to 'guarantee' that your shady keys work.

Well, I'm convinced!

bread's done
Back