Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I came home and saw this. Unfortunately, amazon has fixed this. Gold version is now $44.99.

In weird Steam news, I unpacked 2 booster packs yesterday and received the exact same cards I already had for the 2 different games.

I also have way too may "best use of a farm animal" cards. Hopefully, my drops in the next few days will even it out.
I'm nominated in that category for what I do to Weiler's mom each night. Please vote for me.

Trying to decide between an RX 470 that comes with hitman for $175.00 with a $10 rebate

Or a RX 480 by itself for $195
480, for sure. Hitman has been $15 more than once now at GS.

I'd prefer a better card with no game than a lesser card with a game at that close. If it were $100 difference, I'd say go 470.

Did something happen with The Division recently that made it better? I thought the general consensus was that it was a shitty wannabe MMO, with some rampant exploits (may have been fixed).

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating on buying The Division OR Rainbow Six Siege.

Any recommendation would be appreciated
I tried the Division for the free weekend. I only played a couple of hours, but it seem to be a mediocre 3rd person shooter with a somewhat interesting environment. $25 seem too much. (though I generally don't like the genre of 3rd person shooters with spongy enemies)

Note the following is from the perspective of a causal FPS player.

I love and hate Siege at the same time. The game's design is brilliant: you can unlock and customize many different operators that have unique abilities, and the environment can be deformed during game-play, but as a defender you can take step to prevent this. I personally like earning the points to unlock the characters rather than buying the season passes, but some specific characters cost a lot and would take a long time to unlock by playing without the season pass. I also enjoy the daily and weekly challenges (win pvp matches with a certain operator type, get a certain number of kills with a weapon type, etc)

However, the game is held back by poor matchmaking and hit and miss "netcode". You may be matched up against a group of 5 players that all vastly exceed your teams levels. Experience is important in knowing not only how to effectively use your operator, but also how to approach the layout of the map. In these cases your team is likely to be slaughtered. Sometimes as a new player you might be placed on a team that outclasses your opponents, but this case is not all that better because your teammates will be able to eliminate your opponents without you having much of a chance to do anything. If you form a beginner group to play with you will likely lose a lot since even a team with a couple of mid experience players would be challenging before you had a chance to learn. I guess the point is that it has somewhat of a learning curve. Even ranked play seems to match you with all levels of players. But every so often you come across a great game that is very evenly matched and well played, and in those cases the game shines.

With regards to "netcode" you will sometimes experience a playback of your death from the killer's pov the places you dying several steps away from where you though you were last located when you were actually in control. This can happen even when everyone has <100 to 150 ping.

It also has a coop PVE mode that is pretty fun, but I am not sure if that is worth $25 alone.

Do this if you want to be horrible at the game, not do any dungeons and not pvp at all.

I raided in TSW if you want any real advice beyond the incredibly easy fetch quests and "story" content I can help.
Woah woah woah, nobody told me this MMO had FETCH QUESTS. Gonna go boot this thing up

However, the game is held back by poor matchmaking and hit and miss "netcode". You may be matched up against a group of 5 players that all vastly exceed your teams levels. Experience is important in knowing not only how to effectively use your operator, but also how to approach the layout of the map. In these cases your team is likely to be slaughtered. Sometimes as a new player you might be placed on a team that outclasses your opponents, but this case is not all that better because your teammates will be able to eliminate your opponents without you having much of a chance to do anything. If you form a beginner group to play with you will likely lose a lot since even a team with a couple of mid experience players would be challenging before you had a chance to learn. I guess the point is that it has somewhat of a learning curve. Even ranked play seems to match you with all levels of players. But every so often you come across a great game that is very evenly matched and well played, and in those cases the game shines.
They have been trying to take steps to help with the hit or miss matchmaking. Every update seems to include supposed new algorithms where its not supposed to be matching you against people who greatly outclass you. However if your paired up with a team who is fairly high rank then it is still going to match you against other high ranks, otherwise it would just be a slaughter.

I would think if you had a team full of low ranks then it should be matching you appropriately. The exception to that is ranked vs. casual. Those are calculated separately. So its possible you could end up matched against a group who usually plays ranked and sparingly plays casual. If they have just started casual it wont take in to consideration how well they do on ranked.

You could take a look at the latest news post in uplay for siege, they give a good run down on how they calculate matchmaking now vs. how they did it with the dustline season

I was hooked on Overwatch, Gears 4 and Titan Fall 2 but need a break from these 3 greats games.

Hence I inquire about the Division vs. Siege  (or maybe I should just skip both hehehe)

If no one has ever tried the game Highlands, I bought it from steam sale (1.99) and so far it's really good. Oozes atmosphere and has an interesting strategy combat mechanic.

Let's go with a racing theme today:

GTR Evolution:

WME3V-5YZNA-2GCCN

Ignite:

QYC7A-3RTA0-LQ5MN

Grid:

E0K76-WHTZV-0WXAY

Grid 2

AZR2X-AGJDQ-5XWYN

Dirt Showdown:

EI5P9-K36KK-NHGAH

I was hooked on Overwatch, Gears 4 and Titan Fall 2 but need a break from these 3 greats games.

Hence I inquire about the Division vs. Siege (or maybe I should just skip both hehehe)
If you were wanting a break from MP I would go with the Division if you like RPG in shooters. If you're wanting a new type of MP I say go with Siege.

(The Division does have PVP MP but it's pretty crappy. Easily the worst part of the game.)

Hence I inquire about the Division vs. Siege (or maybe I should just skip both hehehe)
I recommend the Division. I had a really fun ~2 months playing it. It's not going to change your life or anything; It's not an infinitely appealing MMO. But it was a really fun loot-based shooter. If you like the paper doll character screen, maximizing stats, dps, & loadout, and character customization then you'll have a blast. It's the equivalent of a realistic Borderlands.

People are way overly critical of this game and I have no idea why. It's not a subscription based game. I don't know why everything over ten dollars has to be the next World of Warcraft for these people, whom also have a very vocal hatred for this game. Half of which haven't even played it.

People are way overly critical of this game and I have no idea why. It's not a subscription based game. I don't know why everything over ten dollars has to be the next World of Warcraft for most people, whom also have a very vocal hatred for this game. Half of which haven't even played it.
I agree with what you said. I think a lot of the disappointment is the lack of endgame and people wanting this to be a Destiny-rival or Destiny-killer. It didn't have the content to do that. Still a good game though.

I agree with what you said. I think a lot of the disappointment is the lack of endgame and people wanting this to be a Destiny-rival or Destiny-killer. It didn't have the content to do that. Still a good game though.
Yep, for sure. Destiny is my #1 most-played game of the last two years. However, it has never had the content. What keeps you coming back is 1.The loot, and 2. The gunplay.

The guns just feel so good, so different. There's just not another game out there where it is more satisfying to shoot things. It has such a large arsenal of unique weapons to collect and try.

Sure, other games have better multiplayer, or better campaigns. But when you strip things down to their most minimal level (of shooting), nothing tops what Destiny does. You add in a very addictive amount of unique customization and then it becomes habitual. All of the unique shaders and armor sets are so much fun. But if cosmetics are not your thing then you can forget about Destiny. This game has gotten in the way of me trying other new games for YEARS now.

When Destiny 2 comes out on PC some of you are going to become totally addicted.  Bungie is going to have to do a damn good job transitioning year one players to the new game or else they could get into big trouble financially with a large chunk of the playerbase.    People have committed a lot to this game.  I have 49 days played in 2 1/4 years, and some people have 3-5 times that much /played.  The developers are certainly pot committed to making it work. 

This game is going to be such a natural fit on PC.  Some of you are really going to be blown away.

When Destiny 2 comes out on PC some of you are going to become totally addicted. Bungie is going to have to do a damn good job transitioning year one players to the new game or else they could get into big trouble financially with a large chunk of the playerbase. People have committed a lot to this game. I have 49 days played in 2 1/4 years, and some people have 3-5 times that much /played. The developers are certainly pot committed to making it work.

This game is going to be such a natural fit on PC. Some of you are really going to be blown away.
I still want Destiny 1 on PC first.

Steam-bucks are worth less than .90 cents on the dollar, though.
Is that actually true? I have an extra $20 card I got over the holidays that I don't need (got all the stuff from the sale that I want already), and I was hoping somebody would be kind enough to help a CAG out and do an even swap for Paypal F&F or Amazon credit.

If anybody wants to refute Mooby, has a use for a $20 Steam card, and wouldn't mind being a pal, feel free to PM me. :)

this sale sucks
Is this really anything new for Steam since they got rid of Flash Sales, though?

Much better deals often can be had outside of Steam, these day + age.

The only super worthwhile thing coming from Steam Sales of late is more+more games been getting those "Complete A Bundle" Deals. And some of those, they're hard to pass up.

When Destiny 2 comes out on PC some of you are going to become totally addicted. Bungie is going to have to do a damn good job transitioning year one players to the new game or else they could get into big trouble financially with a large chunk of the playerbase. People have committed a lot to this game. I have 49 days played in 2 1/4 years, and some people have 3-5 times that much /played. The developers are certainly pot committed to making it work.

This game is going to be such a natural fit on PC. Some of you are really going to be blown away.
The Destiny 2 fad will last 15 minutes in this thread before it gets trampled into the corngrass.

I have a spare key for Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns from the square holiday box if anyone is willing to give me a key for a cool rogue like game.  I'm new to this so not sure how trading works but it's the only key I have that I don't want.

Steam-bucks are worth less than .90 cents on the dollar, though.

Is that actually true? I have an extra $20 card I got over the holidays that I don't need (got all the stuff from the sale that I want already), and I was hoping somebody would be kind enough to help a CAG out and do an even swap for Paypal F&F or Amazon credit.

If anybody wants to refute Mooby, has a use for a $20 Steam card, and wouldn't mind being a pal, feel free to PM me. :)
True, recently Frys Electronic has 20% off Steam gift card.. so you can get $16 for a $20

bread's done
Back