Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Any reason to think one couldn't buy both and then refund Trials of the Blood Dragon in order to get Fusion at the discounted price?

Although if anyone already owns Blood Dragon and is offering to buy Fusion gifts, I'd gladly pay $5 for one.
I don't see why not. Just buy as gifts and submit refund for Blood Dragon.

If you activate, your uplay key tied to your steam account might key revoked and you can never play steam version of it using current account. (This used to be issue at past).

(Since I bought both thx to glitch, I can buy Fusion for you $5 paypal.)

Anyone else have comcast? Checked my data usage since yesterday to see how much data was used since we had a reset.
I only played Overwatch online for 20 minutes and 5 youtube videos since last night and I'm already at 79gb?

I really need to find software to monitor all the data on the router to see how much I am actually using by month

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have comcast? Checked my data usage since yesterday to see how much data was used since we had a reset.
I only played Overwatch online for 20 minutes and 5 youtube videos since last night and I'm already at 79gb?

I really need to find software to monitor all the data on the router to see how much I am actually using by month
Check your router itself, alot of them offer that feature these days. So you can set a date range and it will keep track of all data usage for say a month time period. Usually under 'traffic analyzer' or 'traffic monitor' type names

Also it may still be reporting the last time period. I just logged in and while the meter shows 0 usage, it says I have 341gb left for this time period, which is where i was at towards the end of last week

Check your router itself, alot of them offer that feature these days. So you can set a date range and it will keep track of all data usage for say a month time period. Usually under 'traffic analyzer' or 'traffic monitor' type names

Also it may still be reporting the last time period. I just logged in and while the meter shows 0 usage, it says I have 341gb left for this time period, which is where i was at towards the end of last week
I'm using the xfinty router that came along with our setup.

I didn't see any real settings to monitor data usage.

The biggest problem I have with this whole setup, if anyone remembers back in October I decided to download all my Steam games which came out to roughly 600gb

I decided to look at the last billing where we almost went over the 1tb, I've haven't downloaded anything to go near 900gb let alone streaming.

Streaming and any game downloads came out to be 300gb for December on my pc data usage

edit:

That would make sense, the meter shows 0 for me but says "79gb" on top

I wouldn't know i've spent the last couple hours trying to get drivers installed for it

fuck Windows 10
Just finished the game, which is fantastic....provided you can get around technical issues such as CTD's, poor performance, and other nonsense at settings, graphics & framerates you might deem as worthwhile.

EDIT:

Played as Emily + received Low Chaos Ending.

So my 470 goes to a black screen and the fans go on full blast anytime I try to install a driver. I've tried it on two different pc's so I'm guessing the card is bad. This seems the most fitting way to end 2016 with disappointment.

So my 470 goes to a black screen and the fans go on full blast anytime I try to install a driver. I've tried it on two different pc's so I'm guessing the card is bad. This seems the most fitting way to end 2016 with disappointment.
Wow, that really sucks. :(

Sorry to hear that.

Hope you can find a solution and get this issue resolved soon.

EDIT:

Check AMD Reddit boards and do a search.

All kinds of issues w/ AMD drivers w/ fans, especially since Crimson drivers.

If you're using those, some suggest disabling Wattman/AMD or using MSI Afterburner to control the fan.

Good luck.

Do you have a smart tv? I noticed that when on, my Samsung hogged bandwidth, even when not being used for web content. No idea what the heck it was doing but now I just plug it in whenever we watch Netflix or whatever.

Any reason to think one couldn't buy both and then refund Trials of the Blood Dragon in order to get Fusion at the discounted price?

Although if anyone already owns Blood Dragon and is offering to buy Fusion gifts, I'd gladly pay $5 for one.
Got both games and refunded Blood Dragon for $7.49. (approved by steam just this hour)

Hence, got Fusion for $3.59. Guess this is the last 2016 Steam glitch...

I hope it's just driver issues but it sounds like a bad card unfortunately.

Just curious but what brand is the gpu?

Screw Comcast and the legal monopoly they (along with all other ISPs like Time Warner) have in the US for High Speed Internet. It was a matter of time that caps are implemented in the US, fitting that it started in 2016.

Here's hoping for a New Year and a better 2017. :pray:

EDIT: As for metering software, maybe try networx or bitmeter2. For home router that doesn't have built in metering, you may have to install a third-party router firmware like DD-WRT or OpenWRT and install the metering software on it.

I hope it's just driver issues but it sounds like a bad card unfortunately.

Just curious but what brand is the gpu?
The Red Devil. Newegg had it as an open box item for $150

If I install the drives on the cd Windows gives me an error

If I download the latest drivers all I get is a black screen

I wonder how hard it will be to get Newegg to swap the card.

The Red Devil. Newegg had it as an open box item for $150

If I install the drives on the cd Windows gives me an error

If I download the latest drivers all I get is a black screen

I wonder how hard it will be to get Newegg to swap the card.
Ah, PowerColor. Heard of it but never had experience with their products. I've had good experiences with Newegg RMA but don't know their open box item policy. Might want to contact Customer Service to see what they can do.

Question: Do you have onboard gpu (like Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 driver) installed? Maybe try going to bios settings - set primary display device to PEG OR PCI E

Time for some good news if you have a VR headset.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/5jzixd/cuvrball_now_in_beta_with_free_keys/?st=ixe4vidj&sh=22dd078f

The developer is giving away free beta keys for their game, from what I've played it was a simple vr sports game.
If you like Rocket League it has much of it it likeliness in VR with how you can the ball with your shooters.

I highly recommend checking this out if you're hungry for VR content. 

spooder right now 
zrM7RTq.png

why would you have had a reset yesterday? i just checked mine and it didn't reset till now, the 1st of the month. if anything you should contact them and tell them they have a problem by resetting your caps too early.

Time for some good news if you have a VR headset.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/5jzixd/cuvrball_now_in_beta_with_free_keys/?st=ixe4vidj&sh=22dd078f

The developer is giving away free beta keys for their game, from what I've played it was a simple vr sports game.
If you like Rocket League it has much of it it likeliness in VR with how you can the ball with your shooters.

I highly recommend checking this out if you're hungry for VR content.

spooder right now
zrM7RTq.png
just fyi the dev will send you notices every couple of days with when they are having play events. I got it some time last week but havent tried it yet

Also its worth it to check the oculus reddit/new, Ive gotten alot of freebies and betas off of there from devs wanting people to test

Do you guys think I could run Planet Coaster well enough with

i-5 2500 3.3ghz

Radeon 290x saphhire

and 16 gb of ram

or would my cpu bottleneck too much?

I got Moon Knight, are they just making up heroes now?
Moon Knight is a classic Marvel hero from the early 70s when they started having horror comic heroes. Blade is from that.

Anyhow, most consider MK to be Marvel's Batman. Rich, normal human, highly trained, gadgets, and likely a little mental. (Or very mental in MK's case.)

Moon Knight is a classic Marvel hero from the early 70s when they started having horror comic heroes. Blade is from that.

Anyhow, most consider MK to be Marvel's Batman. Rich, normal human, highly trained, gadgets, and likely a little mental. (Or very mental in MK's case.)
I always thought Daredevil was Marvel's Batman. Let's face it: only Batman is Batman.

Dark souls 1 good enough to buy at 40$ off, $10.99? Got the rest of them. Prince of Persia (2008) 50% off at 4.99 le good?

I always thought Daredevil was Marvel's Batman. Let's face it: only Batman is Batman.
Daredevil is superpowered, with heightened reflexes due to his hearing, and he's very smart since he's a lawyer, but he isn't a technological and analytical genius.

Moon Knight is closest to Batman, but they're still pretty different.

Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 has not yet been removed but it's expected to be any day now.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RemGC/discussions/2/496879865902369146/?ctp=13#c154644349176497077

https://twitter.com/TinManGames/status/803381101309857792
SteamSpy says there's a just under 2000 people who own the game. Damn. Guess I'll buy it with some laundered card money.

Steam published list of 2016 top sellers by revenue.
I like how they included Steam Controller on their list.

Mafia III is at the bottom of the Bronze list. Bring on the fire sale pricing!

That Witcher 3 and GTAV are the top two is pretty impressive since both (a) came out before 2016 and (b) are both on other non-Steam platforms so total revenue is even greater than suggested.

Dark souls 1 good enough to buy at 40$ off, $10.99? Got the rest of them. Prince of Persia (2008) 50% off at 4.99 le good?
Dark Souls 1 is a great game, but you should use DSFix on PC to get it above 720p.

Plus, it's been cheaper @ $5 before:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=darksoulspreparetodieedition

PoP 2008 is also great, but the Epilogue DLC never came to PC.

And also, it's been cheaper at $2.49 on Steam before for Steam-version + even $2 on Uplay for Uplay-only version:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=princeofpersia

DS1 has been $5 several times and was maybe even given out free by gmg or golden joysticks or something. I would think you could find a better deal than $11.

bread's done
Back