Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide between the 1060 3gb and the 480 4gb

both seem to be about the same price.

Any suggestions
1060 between those two. The 3gb 1060 beats the 4gb 480 in head to head under most circumstances. That said, the 3gb is a constraint and if you can swing the little extra for a sale priced 8gb 480 (less than the 6gb 1060) then it'll give you a sizable boost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to decide between the 1060 3gb and the 480 4gb

both seem to be about the same price.

Any suggestions
Depends.

Do you want to go NVidia or AMD?

Personally, I wouldn't even consider a 3GB 1060 at its current price (around $200). It's basically a cut-down version of the 6GB 1060. You might as well just spend the extra $40-60 on the 6GB version for more VRAM so you can handle more settings + future-proof your PC a bit, if you're wanting to go NVidia on this one.

Plus, even at 1080p at High to Ultra or 1440p at Medium + above - there's a bunch of games in which you'll be eating up easily at least 3GB of VRAM when you go towards higher settings...such as Batman AK, Dying Light, Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity + Syndicate, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Depends.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider a 3GB 1060 at its current price (around $200). It's basically a cut-down version of the 6GB 1060. You might as well just spend the extra $40-60 on the 6GB version for more VRAM so you can handle more settings + future-proof your PC a bit, if you're wanting to go NVidia on this one.

Plus, even at 1080p at High to Ultra or 1440p at Medium + above - there's a bunch of games in which you'll be eating up easily at least 3GB of VRAM when you go towards High or Ultra.... such as Batman AK, Dying Light, Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity + Syndicate, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
Went with the 480 should be in Tuesday. Had to get it in in time for RE7

Depends.

Plus, even at 1080p at High to Ultra or 1440p at Medium + above - there's a bunch of games in which you'll be eating up easily at least 3GB of VRAM when you go towards High or Ultra.... such as Batman AK, Dying Light, Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity + Syndicate, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
yea I got the 1060 6GB and love it. well worth the money.

have any one here play Gothic or ArcaniA?

Nuveem is having a sale on the series and I was wondering if it is worth it to buy. I noticed that the developer also worked on the Risen series (didn't really get into Risen that much)

I enjoyed Dragon Age and Baldur Gate
Either Baldur Gate II or Gothic 1 is arguably my favorite RPG of all time, though that might be based on a good bit of nostalgia. The two games are pretty different. I played Gothic 2 before 1, but the two stories blend right into each other. I remember Gothic 1 having a well thought out universe in it. For example, one thing that I always liked was that you are in a prison "valley". There is a reason why the map ends, its not just an invisible wall appearing out of nowhere. I thought the NPCs seemed interesting and realistic. If I remember correctly, you could basically get an interesting story out of anyone.

Not sure if anyone will buy it but $0.50 for Venture Forth (EA) on IGS for about 33 more hours. Course it will likely bundled....as anything going cheap does.

Link

Either Baldur Gate II or Gothic 1 is arguably my favorite RPG of all time, though that might be based on a good bit of nostalgia. The two games are pretty different. I played Gothic 2 before 1, but the two stories blend right into each other. I remember Gothic 1 having a well thought out universe in it. For example, one thing that I always liked was that you are in a prison "valley". There is a reason why the map ends, its not just an invisible wall appearing out of nowhere. I thought the NPCs seemed interesting and realistic. If I remember correctly, you could basically get an interesting story out of anyone.
I definitely preferred Gothic 1's prison and magic barrier vibe. While I'm a big fan of dragons and whatnot, it was really nice to have a RPG not use them. Most of it had humans, which is what I think made Gothic 1 interesting.

Of course, G2 used dragons, had a "find so many X items" scheme (and so did Gothic 3), and felt a bit more generic w/ typical medieval-fantasy tropes. But, still - Gothic 2 is really good and should be played, even despite the minor issues I have with it.

While the ending was right for Gothic 1, I just wish it could've been done in a more impactful manner and less abrupt.

Still, Gothic 1 is great and the best game I think that PB has ever created. Just the freshness of that game w/ so many new things + tricks I really had not seen a RPG try before (i.e. action-RPG with its cool settings, lots of humans, full-fledged voice-acting, NPC's on schedules) - they haven't topped it.

Really should've went with the 6GB or 8GB, to be honest.
[SnoopNod.gif]

Having played both BG2 and Gothic for the first time in the past few years, I think they're both good and worth playing now. BG2 probably holds up a bit better due to art style. Although Risen seems to have the same identical, ridiculous character animations that gothic did

Having played both BG2 and Gothic for the first time in the past few years, I think they're both good and worth playing now. BG2 probably holds up a bit better due to art style. Although Risen seems to have the same identical, ridiculous character animations that gothic did
Agreed. Gothic 1 + 2 (never finished 3, but should play it again) are some of my favorites because their style felt so much different than everything else at the time. I didn't even mind the weird side-to-side combat. The Germanic aesthetic and dense forests (for its time) are amazing. I think the detail helps, even if everything is low res.

It's not the best deal and it's YMMV but many, many people are saying they got a $10 off any purchase at Best Buy email. It works as a gift card. Using this you could buy say Battlefront for $6.99 with in-store pickup.

It's not the best deal and it's YMMV but many, many people are saying they got a $10 off any purchase at Best Buy email. It works as a gift card. Using this you could buy say Battlefront for $6.99 with in-store pickup.
If only SW: BF Ultimate was that price!

SW: BF base-game feels like it possibly could be a waste of a $10 coupon, unless you just really can't find anything else to buy at a better price at Best Worst Buy. You'd only be beating the lowest price by a few bucks, before even getting hit w/ tax.

SW: Battlefront PC (by DICE) has been $10 before on Origin:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=starwarsbattlefront

Plus, given complaints of its lack of content, then you'd probably have to play catch-up and get all the DLC's/Season Pass or go Ultimate later b/c EA sucks at discounting DLC's/Season Passes.

Yeah, I got a $5 rewards certificate for the stuff that I bought over Black Friday on Best Buy. But I can't imagine ever being able to use it. There's pretty much nothing in the store that I'd want that isn't at least $5 cheaper elsewhere. Maybe if I had received the $10 coupon from them as well, I might be able to combine them and pick something up. Buy alas, I was apparently unworthy of the $10 coupon. :(

Yeah, I got a $5 rewards certificate for the stuff that I bought over Black Friday on Best Buy. But I can't imagine ever being able to use it. There's pretty much nothing in the store that I'd want that isn't at least $5 cheaper elsewhere. Maybe if I had received the $10 coupon from them as well, I might be able to combine them and pick something up. Buy alas, I was apparently unworthy of the $10 coupon. :(
Especially on PC titles, Best Buy's prices at retail just ain't what they used to be, especially before Steam took off. In the old days, I was always in my local Best Buy, whether buying hardware, PC games, or music. Now, we barely have a PC shelf in there, these days and age. Digital stores killed them.

If you're looking for PC titles, your best bet w/ them is getting lucky and catching a clearance/"fire" sale of some kind.

I've never had a problem price matching anything at Best Buy but obviously ymmv as I've heard stories of horror.  I live within 5 minutes of one and buy there almost exclusively through price matching.  Granted I buy a lot of non-games and can't actually remember the last time I physical copy of a game.  I guess i'm more of a Cheap-Ass Person as opposed to Cheap-Ass Gamer.

Not sure about the certificates buy I know BB gift cards can be used to buy amazon GC... I doubt it would work but might be worth a try.

Binary Domain - DQP36-Q63XG-YHEH6
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - 6BVZE-WHFVE-E7MVT
Guns of Icarus Online - V78F7-5IVYC-G5658
Huntsman: The Orphanage - VLBBW-PZ79I-5FYPG
Lucius II - CNBDI-V78CM-4L4KY
Silence of the Sleep - 0DDPM-8TTC5-AHJNA
The Blue Flamingo - 5AK9W-0MKPY-8TFDX
The Walking Dead: Season 1 - 4PFRJ-NEDVJ-J2MY4
Three Dead Zed - YTI9L-BA8RN-BBMP9
Town of Salem - BCXFK-2K8N0-GDIZQ
Velocibox - ZL38Q-QK8TT-7Q3CL

DLC:
GRID Autosport Drag Pack - R7ITY-MI2AR-Q2R2D
GRID Autosport Road & Track Car Pack - YRQZ0-D35LL-PVML6
Guns of Icarus Online Costume Pack - 70N9M-F8FHN-6L7QI
Guns of Icarus Online Soundtrack - 79BQV-QBF7D-94DY6
Killing Floor - Chickenator - QZ7I3-N87HQ-4QLAL
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack 1 - QHE5D-7AZB2-3V20K

Binary Domain - DQP36-Q63XG-YHEH6
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - 6BVZE-WHFVE-E7MVT
Guns of Icarus Online - V78F7-5IVYC-G5658
Huntsman: The Orphanage - VLBBW-PZ79I-5FYPG
Lucius II - CNBDI-V78CM-4L4KY
Silence of the Sleep - 0DDPM-8TTC5-AHJNA
The Blue Flamingo - 5AK9W-0MKPY-8TFDX
The Walking Dead: Season 1 - 4PFRJ-NEDVJ-J2MY4
Three Dead Zed - YTI9L-BA8RN-BBMP9
Town of Salem - BCXFK-2K8N0-GDIZQ
Velocibox - ZL38Q-QK8TT-7Q3CL
TY, grabbed Lucius II & Binary Domain. Lurkers really slacking.

I've never had a problem price matching anything at Best Buy but obviously ymmv as I've heard stories of horror. I live within 5 minutes of one and buy there almost exclusively through price matching. Granted I buy a lot of non-games and can't actually remember the last time I physical copy of a game. I guess i'm more of a Cheap-Ass Person as opposed to Cheap-Ass Gamer.
I think it's more than when you hear those horror stories, the person is trying to do something somewhat ridiculous, but normalize it when they go and explain to CAG/Reddit/Slickdeals... the stories generally end up sounding something like "I wanted to price match, get whatever special promo is running (B2G1 for example), get my GCU benefit AND pay with rewards certificates... but get credited with reward points as if I had paid full retail.

Stores and cashier are going to balk when you sound like you're trying to get over on them... because you're trying to get over on them.

I'm sure there sometimes are just unhelpful cashiers and stores, but I've been lucky enough to have never run across them.

As BB Premier Elite Gamer Club whatever the hell it's called (2 diff program) I don't have issues.  AND then, when the price goes lower, I return/rebuy for the price.  Frankly I get more $20 certs in a year than I'd like to admit but BB has seriously helped contain the costs of my gaming habit between GC, price matches, and (in general) niceness to people like cashiers.

The only bad price-matching experience I ever had was at Wal-mart years ago where the clerk said "No, I won't do it because the price difference is too much."  Which was ridiculous.  I was trying to price-match to Best Buy back when BB did their annual $10 mass sale/clearance and the games were listed in the ad.  Tried to complain, but trying to reach a manager at Wal-Mart is just a waste of time.  

So I finally caved in and gave steam my phone number so I can frickin list things on the market. I wont bore you with the details, but somehow along the way I ended up deactivating steam guard for a few moments. This has caused me to get locked out of the market for 15 days. I had already listed a bunch of my crap before this happened though. So I guess it could have been worse. Unless, of course, this will also freeze the items that I already have listed. Does anybody know if that is the case? Or will I still be able to sell the items that I already have up on the market?

So I finally caved in an game steam my phone number so I can frickin list things on the market. I wont bore you with the details, but somehow along the way I ended up deactivating steam guard for a few moments. This has caused me to get locked out of the market for 15 days. I already had listed a bunch of my crap before this happened though. So it could be worse, I suppose. Unless, of course, this will also freeze the items that I already have listed. Does anybody know if that is the case? Or will I still be able to sell the items that I already have up on the market?
Everything you already have listed will be bought/sold as it normally would. You're just locked out of new market listings, pricing adjustments, and trades for the time being. It happened to me once before.

I would welcome a game rental kiosk for PC games just so I could stand behind MysterD for ten minutes as he returns the 10 DVDs for each game.
I'd rather them give out Timed Trial/Rental codes for games via Steam, Origin, etc.

I've got fast enough Internet these days and can handle big-downloads.

I'm looking to buy a cheap copy of Fallout NV Ultimate Ed. And I saw some good deals on Kinguin and G2A. Do any of you have any experience with it?

But can they be activated in the US? And what site(s) should I look at?

Thanks for the tip
You can activate both in the US but be wary of Fallout 3 Goty tho. I know there are german cd keys(old) which redeem a censored version of Fallout 3 GOTY.

For a site you should loot at https://de.gamesplanet.com

If you join a certain steam group, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/foruncut you can get a 3% voucher discount for future purchases on that german site.

Genuine question from a noob here. I'm idling all of my stuff right now for the first time ever, and I'm wondering what is the best method for listing/selling the cards en masse?
Can't help much there. I just do it manually, but I don't let my collection grow so large that it's unmanageable either.

bread's done
Back