Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
BundleStars has Alien Isolation -77% expect in Canada where it's -75%

Poor Canada getting shafted.

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssss! I almost bought it...but it looked terrible.
It is terrible. I played first mission and it crashed right at end. Never touched it aain.

It should say so on the box. :p

But yeah as far as I know all copies of the game are Steamworks.
It should say so on the box. :p

But yeah as far as I know all copies of the game are Steamworks.
Thanks, Foxhack! It was only $3, but I thought I should ask before I open it. Also, it said Collector's Edition on the box, but the only thing in the box was the disc, a code, and a collector's edition art print which was a piece of paper with a drawing of a car on it. Not much of a collector's edition if you ask me, but hey, I'll take it!

Wow. Read his update. I don't think I even want him to get the 35 cents that buying the Indiegala bundle would give him.
So... who's going to be the one to tell him that there's no way he's getting 35 cents for each bundle?

For the first 24 hours it is $3.49 / 10 = .35.

Tomorrow it'll go up to $3.99 and they'll sell 2 bundles.

Then it'll be happy hour and he'll be lucky to get a dime.

In addition to being naturally bad at PR, apparently all developers are bad at math.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Ubisoft sent out a survey, and they start asking about how I feel about certain publishers.

First question;

2017_01_18.png

I know I'm a few months late on this, but  fuck Dishonored 2.

Took me forever to get it running at a steady 60 FPS while avoiding screen tearing, and the awful blurriness of FXAA/TXAA. I haven't even left the first room yet, I hope the framerate holds up when I go outside.

I hardly want to play anymore.

I know I'm a few months late on this, but fuck Dishonored 2.

Took me forever to get it running at a steady 60 FPS while avoiding screen tearing, and the awful blurriness of FXAA/TXAA. I haven't even left the first room yet, I hope the framerate holds up when I go outside.

I hardly want to play anymore.
Don't even expect 60FPS with Dishonored 2, if you want it to look really good.

As great as the game itself actually is, to get it running + looking worth a damn + actually stable to avoid framerates from bouncing all over the place, up and down and all over like a roller coaster ride - you're likely going to need + use either the 45FPS in-game cap, 30FPS in-game cap, or lock it down to some FPS you decide on your own w/ some external program like MSI Afterburner.

I ran it on Medium settings w/ FXAA w/ 45FPS cap at 1440p myself on my rig (i7 950 Bloomfield, 16 GB RAM DDR3, GTX 970).

Also, when did the RAGE Engine games (i.e. games based off the horribly un-optimized Id Tech 5) ever run great?

PC versions of RAGE, Wolf: TNO, and The Evil Within all had stiff requirements and ran like console-like crap upon release (i.e. don't expect 60FPS unless you're sacrificing something majorly here).

Dishonored 2 can join that list, as their Void Engine is doomed (pun intended) since it is on Id Tech 5 (RAGE's Engine) and isn't on Id Tech 6 (which Doom 2016 is on - and that game runs great).

Anyone know what time Tremor usually restocks their Humble Bundle games? I've been trying to grab Shadowrun Hong Kong but it seems like they update the site in the middle of the night.

My blurriness is usually caused by non-AA methods.
If one has enough performance + power, one can always double-up on the AA.

Mix in-game TXAA + video card's software Control Panel FXAA or use other AA methods (MSAA, if you have the power), set it to "Enhance" each other.

That can help to try to get rid of the blur, Vaseline-look, and smearing-look that comes when only using TXAA.

Masked Shooters 2 ILG6R-797LG-2P***

*** = USA's only 4 term president

King's Guard TD 32QA3-7E4A7-Z####

#### = um, a nickname for someone named Darvey? I don't know. DARV. It's DARV.

are GOG keys worth anything? I got a key for Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's cut thats collecting dust. would like to give it away around x-mas time or at least trade it for something else (i already own it on steam & gog).

are GOG keys worth anything? I got a key for Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's cut thats collecting dust. would like to give it away around x-mas time or at least trade it for something else (i already own it on steam & gog).
Depends on who you talk to.

I think most here on CAG especially in this thread prefer Steam. As a service, it's Light Years better than every other service (GOG, UPlay, Origin, etc) on PC.

Though, personally - I also really love the "No DRM" attitude that comes w/ GoG.

I already have Dragonfall DC on Steam + DRM-Free download from HB, BTW.

dragonfall has Steam Workshop support. GoG version is .. not recommended unless u got someone dumb enough or just want to get the GoG version for collection purpose

well you can use nexusmods with the drm-free version but I can see how the integration of steamworkshop would give steam the leg up as far as convenience goes. Thanks for the input, i'll just hold on to the key till whenever.
the nexusmods integration was a pain in a butt. The mods there were either outdated, incompatible or just broke the game whenever there was a new update for Dragonfall. Ppl has attempted to write automatic scripts to convert Steam WS module to work with GoG in the past but I think the effort fell through (at least it was, last I looked). I was so tired of dealing with these craps so I got the Steam version for a little peace of mind.

These problems are not found with Steam version. just an FYI for ppl who are on the fence between GoG and Steam version.

well you can use nexusmods with the drm-free version but I can see how the integration of steamworkshop would give steam the leg up as far as convenience goes. Thanks for the input, i'll just hold on to the key till whenever.
It's also worth bearing in mind that some GOG keys, especially giveaway freebies or keys from bundles, have a tendency to expire, so you may want to ensure that yours doesn't have an expiration date before you toss it in a spreadsheet and forget about it.

If one has enough performance + power, one can always double-up on the AA.

Mix in-game TXAA + video card's software Control Panel FXAA or use other AA methods (MSAA, if you have the power), set it to "Enhance" each other.

That can help to try to get rid of the blur, Vaseline-look, and smearing-look that comes when only using TXAA.
Actually I'm pretty sure VRAM won't help with a hangover, but, yeah. . . .

"Master of Minion Masters"

qgEUFNQ.png

Nw38iRTggRrRC.gif

3N09W-D8YAR-4DZ5G

67GNV-4ZFK2-TWPA8

QWNPL-99A7K-N965W

0MLHV-2RD7X-A3TBP

0IPPJ-06XR4-C7BE7

40VYK-225PH-K0ZRK

RQ9WZ-9JKAK-3WEMG

9M494-4BRDM-FIAVH

JGTML-LLZFK-FV58Q

8THN4-XFGYB-XBNYC

ZM7RM-YZFLF-GL7DY

25IDC-E6T0W-Y42DR

WP32R-LV7Y2-IXFAC

W60ZX-9J37F-TY8J3

NHIXE-I7V6X-EWXH7

LRWD7-YZRKW-VTT5W

JPT7V-Q0MFD-FAPD0

BMZG3-Y3FK4-2RNI0

AJE2P-8TPG7-2JXEE

K7GBH-7X3QC-02ZDG

CJ9AJ-FM2WJ-3LVPW

7P4TB-N9QH3-JK0K0

ASTDK-YHBWG-EJWS6

PNP6J-G4AL5-A5LWK

Y9FPK-9VN2H-IXQVA

D2NNZ-M5VVR-R0NEC

C6VF3-BEK3H-ID67R

WJB3V-IYQRY-FTHMY

5Y8DE-Q47P5-V6F84

RVTER-CDMCM-YT2I9

FV4Y8-M3NLL-5TX52

9ZG6H-8RTNQ-9GE5M

JCF86-RBQ8L-FCCXF

3QGE8-IXG44-NBY6L

JWY43-XZ4JF-WRRL0

44KB6-6G5IE-HV6KN

6M53Z-F5V8R-74EQA

C3DYZ-3DZ3X-BW84I

TXWRZ-GT6BD-IXR8M

YJNBD-PYP7L-GM9GP

You guys should drown your sorrows in bronights.  We've been getting them started back up for the new year.  This week we had a good Rainbow Six Siege session and last night did Project Cars (looks great but had to switch because only Bah and I showed up) and then switched to Battlefield 1 which was a lot of fun once I stopped being a shitty sniper and became an average support.  

Will probably try to do some The Secret World soon if anyone wants to shake the rust off their bundle copy.  

bread's done
Back