Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm still using my old i7 950 Bloomfield for a CPU here.

I also have 16 GB RAM DDR3 + 3.5GB 970 + W7 64-bit here.

Most games, are a breeze at 1080p for 60FPS at High to Ultra w/ these specs.

Once we get into 1200p, 1440p, or 4K territory - that's when the graphical settings and/or framerate might not be as strong as it normally would be at 1080p.

So Old Doom doesn't look so damn pixelated; especially out in the distance.

And especially when you have a big screen w/ a high-res like I do - i.e. 27'' 4K screen.

Grab a Source Port; crank up the res; and crank-up all the crazy AA's settings through the roof on those old games.

Do you plan to use that 32'' 720p TV on the Nintendo Switch, too?
Buy this badboy...thing is amazing

Gsync is game changing.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502

Last edited by a moderator:
besides why buy gsync when hdmi2 is coming with a standardized version (course DP already has it and nvidia doesnt support it)

At this point id either go with a 144 monitor (at least they are affordable and not locked to a proprietary standard), or wait, if your want to get rid of tearing

I just bought a 32" 720p TV for my Wii/PS2/XBox360. #Retro
won't help u with that 720P TV. PS2 and Wii run best on 480P TV. try this

3899980.jpg

$700 for that monitor??!?!

No, thanks. That kind of money is close to the "building a new PC" type of money right there.

While I'm betting GSync is a great feature and all - eh, that monitor should also be 4K for that kind of money.

EDIT:

What panel is that? TN? IPS? PLS?
Negative...it's the best TN panel of it's kind and for the price (it was also $430 a couple days ago). It looks like an IPS after calibrating.

Nothing runs 4k atm so buying 4k right now is a waste of money. Also, no point in having a beastly computer with a crap monitor ;D

besides why buy gsync when hdmi2 is coming with a standardized version (course DP already has it and nvidia doesnt support it)

At this point id either go with a 144 monitor (at least they are affordable and not locked to a proprietary standard), or wait, if your want to get rid of tearing
No point in me having a 1080 GPU and having 1080p. Complete waste. Also "waiting"? Sorry, waiting in the PC building world is stupid AF

Also the monitor I linked is 27inch 1440p 144hz 1m TN panel...Gsync makes all games so much smoother. Though it does come at a premium compared to Freesync, but then again AMD cards are ass along with their drivers (hopefully Vega changes this)

(HDMI2 is pointless at this point in time and even in 2017)

won't help u with that 720P TV. PS2 and Wii run best on 480P TV. try this

3899980.jpg
That's similar to what I'm getting rid of. And I have component for both the PS2 and Wii. I've used component on the PS2 with a newer HD TV and it looked great. Unfortunately, that TV crapped out on us and the replacement only had HDMI ports. My old tube TV only has regular composite.

That's similar to what I'm getting rid of. And I have component for both the PS2 and Wii. I've used component on the PS2 with a newer HD TV and it looked great. Unfortunately, that TV crapped out on us and the replacement only had HDMI ports. My old tube TV only has regular composite.
Built in VHS players in TVs is sexy AF. Makes me remember the good 'ole days when I had to sit by a stereo and put in a cassette tape and wait for my favorite music to make mix tapes x.x

i have what you got rid of and the 720P. Ps2 games look like crap upscale from 480P to 720P and even more so from 480P to 1080P. Same goes for the Wii.

I know b/c i have it side by side for comparison. But I am glad that it works out for you.

Negative...it's the best TN panel of it's kind and for the price (it was also $430 a couple days ago). It looks like an IPS after calibrating.

Nothing runs 4k atm so buying 4k right now is a waste of money. Also, no point in having a beastly computer with a crap monitor ;D
I have WWE 2K16, Sims 4 + MK XL at 4K for modern games w/ around 50-60FPS, but that's about it....

Most games, 1440p over here at Medium or above with 30FPS+.

what do u play currently with that 770?
A lot of 3+ year old games... so it's not like I can get a good judge on current stuff. The most 'graphically intense' games I've played last couple of years: Dead Rising 3, Mad Max, Fallout 4, Shittles of Morederp, Wolfenstein New Order and... wow... that's about it.

Not a lot of recent/forthcoming releases on my wish list, either: Dead Rising 4, State of Decay 2, will pick up nu-Doom eventually. Maybe Derpshonored 2, Hitman, Derpus Ex: Scamgame Delighted. My interest in indie/smaller studio games has far eclipsed AAA releases.

I have WWE 2K16, Sims 4 + MK XL at 4K for modern games w/ around 50-60FPS, but that's about it....

Most games, 1440p over here.
I really hope 4k becomes constantly over 60fps (pref 144) soon (like next year).

Playing Witcher 3 in 1440p at 80fps has spoiled me x.x Need more pixels!!!

This is why Fox misses Bro nights -- he's busy playing PS2 games.

I really hope 4k becomes constantly over 60fps (pref 144) soon (like next year).

Playing Witcher 3 in 1440p at 80fps has spoiled me x.x Need more pixels!!!
I'm quite happy + used to 60FPS max.

I dunno, something just doesn't seem right when above that. Wasn't super fond of it w/ Quake 2 and Doom 2016 here. That could be b/c I don't have a monitor above 60Hz, as well.

But, yeah - 1440p is very nice. B/c I have a 4K screen here, if I'm running below 4K, I need to crank any form of AA way up. Otherwise, it can be blurry.

I should check out W3 and see how it runs on this PC, since I have my 970 and 4K screen. I'd be guessing, I'd probably be at either 1200p or 1440p at framerates + settings I'd be fine w/.

I'm quite happy + used to 60FPS max.

I dunno, something just doesn't seem right when above that. Wasn't super fond of it w/ Quake 2 and Doom 2016 here. That could be b/c I don't have a monitor above 60Hz, as well.

But, yeah - 1440p is very nice. B/c I have a 4K screen here, if I'm running below 4K, I need to crank any form of AA way up. Otherwise, it can be blurry.

I should check out W3 and see how it runs on this PC, since I have my 970 and 4K screen. I'd be guessing, I'd probably be at either 1200p or 1440p at framerates + settings I'd be fine w/.
it's beautiful. do it!

i have what you got rid of and the 720P. Ps2 games look like crap upscale from 480P to 720P and even more so from 480P to 1080P. Same goes for the Wii.

I know b/c i have it side by side for comparison. But I am glad that it works out for you.
Hmmm, well I don't think I was ever upscaling. At least not on the old TV. It was a 42'' Plasma and when I tried connecting the PS2 to it via composite it did look like utter, unplayable crap. I then ordered a component cable and hooked it up and it looked great, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't upscaled because it had black bars on the sides. I'm not sure if it was a feature of that specific TV or what, but it looked just as good as the tube TV. I still haven't dropped off the tube TV so I'll wait until I pick up the new one and test it out to be sure. Only reason I have been holding on to the old one is for that very reason, afraid the old consoles will look like crap on newer TVs.

Out of curiosity, anybody who has been playing Resident Evil VII (or 7, are we using roman numerals for this series now?...) How are the graphic settings? A decent amount of sliders and checkboxes? Or very few?

Just played a bit of Resident Evil 7 (1.5hrs).

Greatly optimized, runs perfect.  Spooky as hell.

Not to be outdone by GMG....Nuuveeeeeeem fires back with Brazillian Big Glistening Butts Chests of Mystery!!!!

82b5c1c8a03543699ed03f252e4bd8d3.png

Here are the supposed options:

Legendary

Resident Evil 7
Doom
Mortal Kombat XL
Far Cry Primal
Batman Arkham Knight
Fallout 4

Heroic

Rocket League
Lego Marvel Avengers
F1 2014
Aragami
Mad Max
Lego Worlds
Armello
Dead Island: Riptide
Dead Island
Darkest Dungeon

Veteran

Explodemon
Hatred
Castlevania: Mirror of Hate
Far Cry 2
Injustice
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Jotun
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Far Cry 3
Kingdom New Lands
Chrome Squad
Gauntlet
Lego Hobbit
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Worms Clan Wars
Lego Harry Potter 1
Lego Harry Potter 2
Lego Lord of the Rings
Ocean Horn
Lego Batman 3
Lego Movie
Porcunipine
Lego Batman 2
Scribblenaughts
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Lego Batman 1
Scribblenaughts Unmasked

FOXYPIE, GET TO IT>>>>>

Still not worth it.

Wait until later this year when the Version 2's come out.
I disagree completely. I bought the rift and then the touch controllers as soon as they came back in stock. I love the rift so much, and it is a great medium for games. There are a LOT of trash out on it, and a lot of games that feel like tech demos, sure. You just have to be smart about what you are getting. I got Arizona Sunshine and i loved every second of the game, and actually beat it. SuperHOT VR was also a really fun experience. Playing Elite Dangerous on the rift has given me a completely renewed love of the game. Enough that I also went and bought a HOTAS flight stick to make the experience even that more immersive.

Bought this for a $1 this morning only to realize I had the game already in my Steam library. As far as I know the code is still valid/unused. Feel free to add to your library.

Demonicon Steam Code:

JEA36-NYABG-3ZQ6W

BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE STEAM: IJPDP-4DWPK-RXFTM

CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR STEAM: ZX22Z-9M5T0-C204D

HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE STEAM: VJDXA-0KJX2-Q58TH

ORBURON STEAM: XFT9P-AX9T2-RF7QE

PLITH STEAM: 3FA4N-7J6Z4-IRMJZ

SUPER HOP N BOP ULTRA STEAM: PZ207-ZDNIM-G6IJA

THE CHAOS ENGINE STEAM: NKBLL-5ERYF-2P8EX

THREE DEAD ZED STEAM: 45TAA-Y4XM4-V9RMW

TIDALIS STEAM: XARHN-5BV65-0LJJB

TOWER WARS STEAM: TZP04-ZCT6L-DLXKA

shit, i guess i'll ask. anyone playing RE7? if so how is it? i'm a fan of most of the resident evil's (2-5) but i'm not really a fan of first person horror games (Amnesia,Slender Man, Outcast) which this game seems like. anyways, is it worth a fakeybro? any help is appreciated.

shit, i guess i'll ask. anyone playing RE7? if so how is it? i'm a fan of most of the resident evil's (2-5) but i'm not really a fan of first person horror games (Amnesia,Slender Man, Outcast) which this game seems like. anyways, is it worth a fakeybro? any help is appreciated.
Never played a RE (though i have them all x.x). Def good in my opinion. I have honestly never played a horror game in my gaming life...this gets me tense and I even squealed like a little bitch today.

Never played a RE (though i have them all x.x). Def good in my opinion. I have honestly never played a horror game in my gaming life...this gets me tense and I even squealed like a little bitch today.
Play Alien Isolation next IMO its the greatest horror game of the current generation.

Ive got RE7 but not installed yet, it next.

Just played a little bit of it. First impressions are definitely good, really atmospheric and runs great.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but...

I guess Marvel Heroes 2016 just had the "biggest update evar!11121", so I went to the store page, where I see;

2017_01_24.png

.... oh.

Most of the reviews talk about how they dumbed it down for the upcoming console release. I didn't even play that much, mostly logged in for the free heroes and mucked around a bit, I guess this might be a good opportunity to regain 20gb of space without getting sucked back into the "omg cant miss the free hero!1!!" hell.

bread's done
Back