Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, kinda came out of character there for a minute.

Uhm .... tremendous, I know all the best deals ... bigly... etc
You should have talked to Fox about changing your name/persona for a three day joke and how well that worked out for him :shame:

- any chance of brodating Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade?
Throw it on the events board and see what sticks. Might want to check it against your friends and how many people actually own it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Humble Monthly last/this month kicked ass!  XCOM 2, ABZU, and SteamWorld Heist (plus other games I haven't heard of) for $12 is a good deal.  Good job, Humble!

Edit:  Until I saw this about ABZU - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKqxYDOIO4g

AModestLion is my UPlay to whoever wants to shoot an invite, I'd appreciate it. I'll update when I get one so others can get a shot. Thanks to everyone who offered.

Posting this in case anyone is in the market for a wireless mouse. I've been bothering spoder with my impressions for a few days so I figured I may as well spread the joy with a MyD-style essay.

For reference, I have small, Trump-sized hands. Perfect for getting multiple digits at a time up in Fox's mom.

Performance Mouse MX:
+ Excellent ergonomics, size, and weight
+ Switchable scroll wheel
+ Rechargeable battery, great battery life
-  Left/right click are built into the body, so they're not quite as crisp

-  Only two side buttons

MX Master:
+ Wonderful, high-quality materials. Textured grip.
+ Meaty, satisfying click. Very crisp.
+ Scroll wheel is both switchable and has SmartShift like the venerable MX Revolution
+ Thumb scroll wheel for side-to-side scrolling
+ Rechargeable battery, great battery life
-  Just too big, and sloped higher than it should be
-  Side buttons are small and awkwardly shaped

G602:
+ Excellent ergonomics
+ Crisp click, not quite as nice as the MX Master
+ Lots of side buttons, shaped and spaced so you can tell them apart
-  The side buttons are chintzy, make a rattling noise after you remove your thumb
-  Uses AA batteries, but you can optionally use just 1 for lighter weight (but shorter life)
-  Non-switchable scroll

I ended up sticking with a new Performance Mouse MX (mine is ~6 years old and misclicking).

*****All-Around Winner*****
Logitech Performance Mouse MX
There's a reason Logitech still makes this even though its successor (MX Master) has been out for a while.

Runner-up (or Big Hands Pick)
Logitech MX Master
Man, this is an awesome mouse. If it was just a little smaller it would be nearly perfect.

Honorable Mention
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

I hate wired mice, but this is the most comfortable of any of the mice I tried, and has switchable scroll. Excellent choice if you don't mind the cable.

Best Portable Mouse
Logitech M720 Triathlon
If you need a mouse to use on the go, this is really comfortable, albeit too small. It's also kind of a rip at $50.

The bros teamed up and went to Bolivia tonight in Ghost Recon Wildlands to help Make America Great Again. Fox was a maniac at times and we truly were Trump's soldiers. We ran over and shot civilians, a bunch of drug dealers and generally just fucked up Bolivia. Occasionally we completed a mission or two.

I think Im going to end up treating it like The Division if I end up buying it. In that, I'll really like it for about a month and then totally stop giving a shit about it because it really doesn't have a lot of depth. If Nvidia hadnt changed the rules on the keys, Id probably get it that way, but it's not a day one for me as it stands.

Ghost Recon Wildlands was fun, although much of that was us playing like idiots.  The game itself seemed okay in a typical Ubisoft sort of way.  Pretty much felt like a third person Co-Op Far Cry 3/4.  I could see me playing it but not Day One for $60.

The bros teamed up and went to Bolivia tonight in Ghost Recon Wildlands to help Make America Great Again. Fox was a maniac at times and we truly were Trump's soldiers. We ran over and shot civilians, a bunch of drug dealers and generally just fucked up Bolivia. Occasionally we completed a mission or two.

I think Im going to end up treating it like The Division if I end up buying it. In that, I'll really like it for about a month and then totally stop giving a shit about it because it really doesn't have a lot of depth. If Nvidia hadnt changed the rules on the keys, Id probably get it that way, but it's not a day one for me as it stands.
Yup, I'm in the same boat. I kind of want to try it out but won't day one buy it. Now I'll hold off even longer since the Nvidia GFE snafu won't produce cheaper copies. I learned my lesson by going balls deep into The Division, where I had my fun but wish I didn't pay as much for the experience. It seems like Wildlands is even more dependent on playing with friends than The Division with the A.I. being as tactically useful as a plastic spork. I probably would've tried it out tonight but couldn't find a beta key. So I ate chicken wings and watched basketball instead.

Wildlands reminded me of Just Cause, but without the fun.

Might be okay if you have some dedicated friends willing to play tactically.  I don't have that kind of friends.

so it's a third person tactical shooter?

so it's a third person tactical shooter?
3/1, its third normally, 1st when you ADS

yea it is tactical, at least way more tactically possible than the division, but thats not saying much since the division was basically openworld leading you towards on-rail shooting galleries of bullet sponges. At least in wildlands you do have the option of approaching from any angle and with any equipment and tactics you want. Its much closer to a farcry game in that respect

i.e. did one mission with some friends were we flew in by heli and each of us jumped out on rocks above a building, basically surround the building from above. Opened fire all at once and the mission was basically done in 10sec after that

i.e. did one mission with some friends were we flew in by heli and each of us jumped out on rocks above a building, basically surround the building from above. Opened fire all at once and the mission was basically done in 10sec after that
As opposed to our games where Fox grabs the helicopter, flies off without us, comes back, crashes it upon 'landing' so I go to grab a truck from the other side of the building but Fox can't wait for that so he murders someone and steals their car and uses it to crash into our truck on the way back.

"Tactical"

It did have a Just Cause feel but, since you are penalized for killing civilians, you don't have that mayhem fun.

If you thought The Division lacked depth, and I'm not saying your right or wrong, I'm not sure... Hell, I'm not even sure how to say it. I don't see any end game with Wildlands... At least in the Division you can gear up because of the loot... In Wildlands once you own it, you own it. (Though picking up a gun that a dead enemy dropped doesn't give ownership... Only the weapon caches do.)

It looks like controlling your teammates is done sort of like MEI, but without the ability to pause and the AI is ME was smarter... I've watched so many AI squad mates watch enemies walk past them its disgusting... I've also seem enemies just shooting the fuck out of an AI squad mate and the squad mate just stands around doing nothing. They really need to lessen how much hand holding you need to do. All in all, the AI and how you control it is clunky as fuck... Which is really surprising considering some of the elegance in the game has in some other facets.

Also the game seems to have some The Last Of US enemy AI built into it also, aka if your not in combat your squad mates seem to be invisible to the enemy AI, which is rather immersion breaking but DOES lessen frustration.

Anyhow, that elegances I talked about... You can swap your weapons (at least the full autos) from full auto to single shot. I suspect burst modes are available as a gear mod to. Silencers on or off. Shoot "down the irons" or in third person? Its all possible, and its ALL easy to pull off on the fly in combat. (And with a controller at that. I can only think of SOCOM 4 that offers that sort of options on controller/console.)

So, yeah... Day and night between gameplay options and AI. (Enemy AI seems to be solid.)

As for my plans... Hell, I don't know... I know my birthday and anniversary are in the same month it comes out. I might end up getting it because of that.

My thoughts on Ghost Recon: Wildlands:

It's been a while since I played a GR game (360 era), but this is very different IMO.  Can be a lot easier and more forgiving.  Open world vs. mission based.  A lot of little side missions, fetch quests, and collectibles.  So yeah, what everyone said, GR meets Far Cry with a drug war setting.  

I wasn't completely in love with it. I had fun, but it had the typical pitfalls of these types of games - you get to do a lot of different things but most of them don't feel as good as they would if you were playing a game dedicated to that one thing.  Sniper rifle and sniping was nice though.  Shooting was a little spongy, but that's my gripe with most TPS.  

Last night I was being a maniac, but it was pretty fun to shoot a civilian, steal his corn truck, then run into my team at 100MPH and flip their truck.  I was also shooting out the tires to every car Bah drove and it took everything to not burst out laughing every time he complained the vehicles handled like ass or were prone to fishtailing.  

I had the feeling Parallacks wanted to split off so he could play the game like it was meant to be played, but he was too nice so he would just tell us to go along and he'd catch up later as he got the collectibles and side mission stuff.  

I'm sure there'll be more betas in the next few weeks so I'll be up for playing again and giving it a tactical approach.  I'm a much betters sniper in this than I am in BF1.  

Edit:

Also, scheduled Rainbow Six Siege for tonight at 10:00 PM ET for those interested in playing during the free weekend.  Do you earn renown during the free weekend so you can unlock operators?  If so, I'd suggest playing through the tutorial (Situations) before hand to earn some renown and unlock at least 1 defense and 1 attack operator.  Most of them are cooler than the base generic trainee, though some do suck.  

I think you meant you Brolivia...

RRS tonight? is brodate on Steam or uPlay since I notice the same event on uPlay client too.
RSS is cross client so it doesn't matter which version you have. We meet up in Discord to chat, but you can join even if you don't have a mic or don't want to talk just to hear the others, good on a game like RSS. Discord info is pinned in a post within the group.

RRS tonight? is brodate on Steam or uPlay since I notice the same event on uPlay client too.
One in the same. I'm sure they'll use Discord for chat.

I did decide to upload a couple of the videos of the Squad AI "at work" as words, well, really don't do it justice.

https://youtu.be/N9V21xKFgE4

Note: I did toggle/activate their attack mode more than once just to see if that would fix it...

Here's me using the command wheel... with less than ideal results.

https://youtu.be/p0-KZjtKnAg

Tried to play Wildlands last night. Kept breaking the game on the character creation. Went to bed.

RSS is cross client so it doesn't matter which version you have. We meet up in Discord to chat, but you can join even if you don't have a mic or don't want to talk just to hear the others, good on a game like RSS. Discord info is pinned in a post within the group.
Hey, hey this might be late enough for me to come inadvertently Fuze people and blow myself up with C4 after work!

Last night I was being a maniac, but it was pretty fun to shoot a civilian, steal his corn truck, then run into my team at 100MPH and flip their truck. I was also shooting out the tires to every car Bah drove and it took everything to not burst out laughing every time he complained the vehicles handled like ass or were prone to fishtailing.
So that explains it, DBD is inside a farm in bolivia

Also, scheduled Rainbow Six Siege for tonight at 10:00 PM ET for those interested in playing during the free weekend. Do you earn renown during the free weekend so you can unlock operators? If so, I'd suggest playing through the tutorial (Situations) before hand to earn some renown and unlock at least 1 defense and 1 attack operator. Most of them are cooler than the base generic trainee, though some do suck.
Yea you should still gain renown during the free weekend. BTW since it has started it has shown ubi's matchmaking is even more broken than before. We played yesterday and had about 4-5 groups of levels 0-6's, our entire squad was 120-220, those kids will never want to play that game again

If you feel like padding your library with +1s or bumping up your removed games count to get into the much vaunted RemGC Steam group, here's your chance to get a bunch of Digital Homicide games. You can't sell the cards since Valve doesn't have a business relationship with DH anymore, but you can trade or craft them.

sub contents

reddit discussion

I played some more Ghost Recon: Wildlands solo.  It feels as though Far Cry and Just Cause had a baby -- but that baby was immediately taken from them and raised in an attic somewhere so it would share their DNA but none of their personality.  It's attractive and captures the "Rural South America" thing well and looks like it has a bit to do but none it felt especially interesting or fun to do.  At the same time, it doesn't feel serious enough to engage me in that way; I don't actually feel like I'm a real world special agent defeating narcos, I very much feel like I'm playing a game about narcos and not especially enjoying it.

Played through the Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta, and all I can say is oof. Its by no means the worst game ever and its obviously just a beta, but I can't imagine paying $50 for what it is. The best way to describe it is a very generic and low budget FPS with a sniper focus and while the other two games in the series are similar, they were at least engaging despite them being shallow. Interestingly enough, I could see myself actually playing through it but only if I got it dirt cheap. The voice acting sucks, the textures suck, the animations (espc when you kill someone) are ridiculous, the stability leaves a lot to be desired, and just in general its mediocre and nothing anyone should go out of their way for. 

All in all a disappointment and I won't be surprised whatsoever if its in a $1 Humble tier or in a Bundle Stars bundle within 4-6 months unless the full version is drastically different.

I played some more Ghost Recon: Wildlands solo. It feels as though Far Cry and Just Cause had a baby -- but that baby was immediately taken from them and raised in an attic somewhere so it would share their DNA but none of their personality. It's attractive and captures the "Rural South America" thing well and looks like it has a bit to do but none it felt especially interesting or fun to do.
Yeah, I enjoyed it when I first started playing it yesterday, but once you get into it at any sort of depth, it just doesn't hold interest. I also don't care about Bolivia. At the very least it ran good and looks good, but don't care enough about it. If they add a lone wolf mode and when its dirt cheap, I'll grab it and I'll prob solo some more of the beta between now and tomorrow, but I'm just not enthusiastic about it.

Bring on SE 4 in 10 days.

Personally, I've never had any issues with AMD drivers on the handful of AMD/ATI cards I've owned over the years. Maybe I've just been lucky though.
amd drivers are mediocre to bad. You can get a driver set that runs good for 6 months then you get 3 months of hassle with one bad set after another. If you have a backlog of games older than a year, you can get a lot of bang for your buck with amd. If you fakeybro new games all the time, you should just get nvidia, you can afford it anyway.

Getting a pentakill with Fuze's cluster charge made up for being paired with recruit teammates all day. Free weekend redeemed.

I played some more Ghost Recon: Wildlands solo. It feels as though Far Cry and Just Cause had a baby -- but that baby was immediately taken from them and raised in an attic somewhere so it would share their DNA but none of their personality.
cf-dafuq.gif

Played through the Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta, and all I can say is oof.
Agreed. While I didn't expect much from the Beta it left a lot to be desired. I went in expecting a product that maybe reached the Sniper Elite level but it failed to hit most notes. I like Sniper type games a lot but this one felt flat. Since I waited for the previous Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 to hit a bundle, I can wait for this one to as well.

amd drivers are mediocre to bad. You can get a driver set that runs good for 6 months then you get 3 months of hassle with one bad set after another. If you have a backlog of games older than a year, you can get a lot of bang for your buck with amd. If you fakeybro new games all the time, you should just get nvidia, you can afford it anyway.
While I have heard this I just haven't run into problems with my AMD cards. I'm not brand loyal to any specific company, but I do like the bang for your buck with AMD and using them to upgrade older PCs or budget builds. Maybe I'm not tweaking enough or pushing overclock settings as much, but even with the latest drivers over the past year newer games have been running well. Like I said, I'm probably just lucky since AMD can be synonymous with YMMV.

Of course now that I say all of that watch my luck run out when I upgrade to 17.1.2 this weekend. :whistle2:

Is that Gleam bugged for anyone else? When I "Join group Loot Toot Steam Group on Steam", it un-confirms my "Check Out This Facebook Page". If I try to do the Facebook one, it un-confirms the Loot Toot Steam Group.

bread's done
Back