Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone have For Honor?

Curious if I should buy my buddies Nvidia 1070 code for Wildlands or For Honor x.x (for $30)
If you played any of the betas you already know what to expect and rather or not you'll like it... Unless you are strictly wanting to know about the SP.

If so I'm here to give an update on that... (though I have not finished it.)

The story is divided into 3 chapters, one for each faction, but naming them chapters is doing the mode a disservice in my opinion... Also the Single Player section is sort of hidden in the menu. Its not promoted like most games do, hell even Call of Duties do more to promote their story and thats about as MP focused as you can get. So... Really the fist impression is pretty negative.

Anyhow, each faction has its own chapter but you cannot chose which you start with. The knights is first, which leads to Vikings, which leads to the samurai.

As for the quality of the story... Its not Shakespeare by any means, nor is it likely to break into your rankings of best stories in a video game. Its also obvious that For Honor's gameplay comes first to story as the story is really built around the gameplay. That's not bad, but for example, I feel the Division's story came first and the gameplay came second. Though I haven't played it the new Doom the gameplay comes first. Bioshock, story. So it seems to be sort of by the numbers but the numbers are pretty decent.

The campaign for the knights has you play with three of the 4 classes they have in MP... And I would say thats a good thing as I think I would have skipped one of the classes for a very long time... Now I might play it sooner.

As with the rest of the game the graphics are stellar... (With a 970 I saw constant 60+ frames at whatever it defaulted too.) Also the voice acting has a really solid cast of actors. I was surprised when the first character you play had Jennifer Hale for the VO. (This character can be customized in a limited fashion and I ended up with a female warden just cause I liked the design the best.) So this solid cast does a good job of not having any poorly spoken lines but the writing of said dialog is pretty average.

Through the first chapter there their is some good moments, nothing truly epic but solid nonetheless.

Playtime, it certainly took me less than 4 hours to finish the first chapter. Steam shows 3 hours played. Some of that is MP but not allot of it.. I would say it took about 3 hours but it might have been as low as 2 hours. Also was in no hurry as I looked for the collectables (breakable objects for steel, MP currency and observations which help set up the world but also unlock some cosmetics I believe) so I'm positive it could be done much quicker.

So if each chapter is the same length, and there's no hidden chapters, I would guess the campaign is likely 4-8 hours long for most people...
Anyhow, I hope that helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
More codes from Sega...  I question why I registered at this point.

EK7FW-4B97Y-4X7JC Company of Heroes DLC

68WCG-JTGC3-CNZ07 Shining Force

A9IWC-DVVWL-RPGXM  Alien Soldier

Alien Soldier - 52VPG-7MX73-AMG56
Dawn of War II Retribution - Ultramarines DLC - 4E7Q5-PJ66I-4R3WI
More codes from Sega... I question why I registered at this point.
The next two pieces of dlc are better (for me at least), but it is beyond stupid that they are leaving the blood pack for Total War Warhammer out.

• THREE DEAD ZED: 8R0QA-KNB6M-N2Y7K

• ORBURON: Z6NIV-4PGJ3-Q3ANN

• TIDALIS: ZQXJ2-YIV49-6EGRH

• THE CHAOS ENGINE: QRRK7-FGYX2-EKLX8

•  

• TOWER WARS: YATIL-DZ9TY-VDTWE

• DIRT SHOWDOWN: GEEDI-C8KJX-P9ICD

Almost made it through the week, but then decided that there's not likely to be a better sale (or bundle inclusion) for Dariusburst CS any time in the nearish future. 

Alien Soldier - 0YIKQ-6DTBK-VJW5Y
Dawn of War II Retribution - Ultramarines DLC - 0ZQC5-9XZF4-FKZIY

The only thing I have wanted is the only thing they have not e-mailed me: COH DLC.

14660845.jpg

aaaaaand Wishlisted

Golden Axe 2 - 2YJBG-2F39M-VVCA7

Endless Legend - Echoes of Auriga Add-on - 0HB48-G89A6-LQ4A8

Shining Force: 2RILB-RF09V-AKRKF

I just got a Golden Axe II Steam code. Whoever wants it, quote me and it's yours.

Same with Shining Force, I don't need it either. One per person, please.

Alien Soldier - CCI8D-5PATQ-RYYTM

Dawn of War II Retribution - Ultramarines DLC - CB3KQ-8RI87-0ZVQ7

Golden Axe 2 - JM6PB-B3LYN-X6NG4

Endless Legend - Echoes of Auriga Add-on - DYRCR-2W5PZ-9VL0K

The motorsport manager career mode is pretty involved, as an F1 Fan the Steam workshop mods are pretty cool, just wish it would change the liveries(may have just not found one yet)

My make war not love never worked? I have no emails. If a bro has a copy of shining force, I'd love to have one. Thank you!
I've seen it offered since you posted this, so you might have already grabbed it from somebody. If not, shoot me a PM and you can have my extra.

Y'all got any good deals on any of them hard drives? Fox? I need some 2TB+ since two of mine aren't working properly and I'm worried they might fail pretty soon.

The motorsport manager career mode is pretty involved, as an F1 Fan the Steam workshop mods are pretty cool, just wish it would change the liveries(may have just not found one yet)
I am starting to get that irrational want for this game even though I don't care about either this genre or the sport itself but alas I'll probably end up getting it lol. Last time this happened I ended up with Dishonored 2 and that got all of an hour before being shelved.

I am starting to get that irrational want for this game even though I don't care about either this genre or the sport itself but alas I'll probably end up getting it lol. Last time this happened I ended up with Dishonored 2 and that got all of an hour before being shelved.
y u no play much of dishonored 2?

that game's fantastic, if you can actually get by the technical issues.

y u no play much of dishonored 2?

that game's fantastic, if you can actually get by the technical issues.
I disliked Dishonored 2 more than any game in recent memory. I just don't think that I'm in a "stealth" type of mentality anymore and I was bothered by the fact that if I went "guns blazing" I would get a crappy ending so I was torn between playing how I wanted and getting a bad ending or playing how I didn't want to play to get a good ending and in the end I just uninstalled it. It is too bad because I really enjoyed the first one.

I disliked Dishonored 2 more than any game in recent memory. I just don't think that I'm in a "stealth" type of mentality anymore and I was bothered by the fact that if I went "guns blazing" I would get a crappy ending so I was torn between playing how I wanted and getting a bad ending or playing how I didn't want to play to get a good ending and in the end I just uninstalled it. It is too bad because I really enjoyed the first one.
I think it's easy enough to turn it around w/ the best ending, on the default difficulty.

In the 1st half, I pretty much was playing as Emily and having trouble going stealthy, gaining lots of kills - landing me in High Chaos.

Though, in the 2nd half, when you likely had WAY more stealthy skills behind you, I was able to turn it around and kill...very few.

And I still ended up w/ the actual best ending here.

I also should note that I did not kill many of the important kills, either - I usually took the "knock 'em out" option. So, I don't know if doing that also made it much easier to get me out of the High Chaos territory and get me easier into Low Chaos ending.

EDIT:

Also, since they do have Chapter Select now, make sure you do check-out the Clockwork + Time Manipulation chapters; they're incredible.

bread's done
Back