Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that at least one person is still actively playing The Division.
Eh, I pretty much only login once a day and check the cosmetic vendor for items I don't have... It was getting that way before news of 1.6 came out so Last Stand wasn't even the last straw type of thing.

The Division is to InmateofArkham as The Secret World/VRAM/DRM is to _____________.
I do try to keep myself in check... My original post, lost when my phone's browser crashed, was shorter and far more on point... Likely because typing on a phone still sucks compared to using a PC.

Yeah some people really like it. I was bored out of my mind before the major overhaul patch came in and just found it too generic. Course I played Diablo games to death so just getting a lot of loot really didn't keep me around.
The loot (and not necessary the loot and shoot variety) just seems to be my favorite type of genre... Outside of racing. Though I'm far too hard on racing games. (Marvel Heroes I have over 2000 hours, The Division 625, Forza Horizon 3 214 Hours) And I'm not seeing a place to look up playtime on Diablo III.

Well, having played a few hours of Shovel Knight... I just can't make myself like it.

Is the entire game like this? It's just so... boring.
Mmmm.... Maybe I should be happy that my deal for it a $7 bucks fail through... Honestly, I've all but decided to wait for a bundle but the price increase had me contemplating buying it.

Well, having played a few hours of Shovel Knight... I just can't make myself like it.

I like it... but I wish it took itself more serious. I don't like the meme/referential humor. I wish I would've captured my face when the giant fish did the unskippable dance... the anguish and hatred that was on it.

I also feel I've died a few times due to controls/hit detection (can't jump fast enough after landing or taking a hit while downthrusting an enemy, which made me think you couldn't downthrust that enemy, but next time I could without a problem).

My biggest problem was the praise the game got. It was hyped up so much that I was expecting a 10/10 GOAT masterpiece.
1kb6ak.jpg

Yeah some people really like it. I was bored out of my mind before the major overhaul patch came in and just found it too generic. Course I played Diablo games to death so just getting a lot of loot really didn't keep me around.
That is/was my problem with continuing to play it. Got bored way too quickly of "hey, let's grind for slightly better loot!" Same with Borderlands games, enjoyed the story but looter shooters don't hook me into the loot grind the same way Diablo and it's clones do.

I like it... but I wish it took itself more serious. I don't like the meme/referential humor. I wish I would've captured my face when the giant fish did the unskippable dance... the anguish and hatred that was on it.

I also feel I've died a few times due to controls/hit detection (can't jump fast enough after landing or taking a hit while downthrusting an enemy, which made me think you couldn't downthrust that enemy, but next time I could without a problem).

My biggest problem was the praise the game got. It was hyped up so much that I was expecting a 10/10 GOAT masterpiece.
You either grew up playing Mega Man, Ducktales, and Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers on NES or you didn't.

you have to go to your profile and mouse over each class, then add them up. 969 hours huh? that's for 1 class. there are 6 classes. jesus, what am i doing with my life???
I can tell you what you aren't doing, and that's spending every waking moment scrounging for extra pennies off your Steam +1s.

I'm ashamed on your behalf.

The Bros played 3 hours of Battlefield 1 tonight.  Where were U?

Syntax showed up late and proceeded to bitch like Bah on his period all night.  I think he is still cranky from getting shunned in Killing Floor 2.

Unlike Rainbow Suck Siege,  we managed to be on the winning team most maps and have our squad somewhere middle of the pack.  Some of us even gleamed the top 10.  Had one map where our entire squad got a battlepack. 

Fun was had by all, even syntax despite his protest to the contrary.

The Bros played 3 hours of Battlefield 1 tonight. Where were U?

Syntax showed up late and proceeded to bitch like Bah on his period all night. I think he is still cranky from getting shunned in Killing Floor 2.
BF1 is an ass game. I only bought it because I naively believed the reviews and praise which framed its WWI setting as something new and innovative and at least somewhat faithful to its setting. In reality, it's sixty guys with 'experimental' assault rifles, grenade launchers and juggernaut suits swarming all over one another like two competing nests of ants on a gumdrop. It has about as much to do with WWI as Mass Effect does. I accept full responsibility for being dumb enough to believe that a AAA major-franchise shooter was going to be anything different (it has horses, I guess) but I don't find myself enjoying it for the same reasons I don't play any other Battlefield/Call of Duty multiplayer. I haven't played much of the campaign so hopefully that'll redeem its $20 purchase price.

Last edited by a moderator:
you have to go to your profile and mouse over each class, then add them up. 969 hours huh? that's for 1 class. there are 6 classes. jesus, what am i doing with my life???
Thanks! I knew I had seen it but I was looking on the website profile... Anyhow, 126 hours total here. (But I've only played three classes.)

BF1 is an ass game. I only bought it because I naively believed the reviews and praise which framed its WWI setting as something new and innovative and at least somewhat faithful to its setting.
I don't think any mainstream FPS would ever truly capture that war... Too much trench and no man's land to be fast paced enough. That said... If they did a battlefield for the American Civil War I would buy it day one. Accuracy be dammed. :D/

24 hour Charity Twitch streamer dies mid stream.

Squatch.... better be careful dude!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gamer-dies-while-attempting-24-hour-stream-charity-120218884.html
read about this the othe day thought it was click bait. Shame really father of 3. I have a hard time believing it was mostly gaming related. 35 heart attack from gaming to much...Naaaa. Sure the smoking does not help but toxicology or history or drug abuse would clear things up a bit better. Could have just had a heart condition who knows.

World of tanks is bad but not that bad.

Keep this up....I had almost succumbed to getting this before the PRICE GOES TRU DE ROOOOOOOF!!!!!!!!

I don't think any mainstream FPS would ever truly capture that war... Too much trench and no man's land to be fast paced enough.
Probably true. Which was why I was fooled into being interested by the reviews which claimed it was anything different than the usual run 'n gun automatic weapon stuff. Instead, the developers just said "Hey, guys will expect all the usual weapons so let's just call them 'experimental' and add them in".

I assume they could do a Battlefield: 1776 and it would have British soldiers running around chaotically with red-dot sight equipped muskets that fire 80 rounds per minute off a 100 musketball clip.

Probably true. Which was why I was fooled into being interested by the reviews which claimed it was anything different than the usual run 'n gun automatic weapon stuff. Instead, the developers just said "Hey, guys will expect all the usual weapons so let's just call them 'experimental' and add them in".

I assume they could do a Battlefield: 1776 and it would have British soldiers running around chaotically with red-dot sight equipped muskets that fire 80 rounds per minute off a 100 musketball clip.
Sneak Preview of the next Battlefield game

Battlefield: The Dawn of Man

tumblr_mzvq0d0E1b1tr11rio1_500.gif

Thanks! I knew I had seen it but I was looking on the website profile... Anyhow, 126 hours total here. (But I've only played three classes.)

I don't think any mainstream FPS would ever truly capture that war... Too much trench and no man's land to be fast paced enough. That said... If they did a battlefield for the American Civil War I would buy it day one. Accuracy be dammed. :D/

You ever play the History Channel civil war game?

Verdun is the game you want, though it doesn't have a big enough community.

Re: RIT

In my college years I pulled several all nighters and while not healthy, I bounced back fine. In my thirties, I don't think I could do it. I'd need a nap or two. I always admire the 24 hour city charity twitchers, but I'd have to do two shifts or something. Rest In Twitch.

Verdun is the game you want, though it doesn't have a big enough community.
To go with what Fox said, Verdun is probably the most accurate WW1 game made to date. Its a lot easier for groups to storm trenches than it was in real life, but I'm sure no one really wants to play a game where the main objective is to stare at the enemy all day and try not to die from disease.

It would be interesting to get a FPS Civil War game, but no doubt if it was historically accurate people would get upset with the lack of accuracy with the weapons and blame the game for cheating.

Well, there is still the "Back to basics" game mode that will make everyone use the standard issue rifles for a more realistic (or slow) experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCw910vFnmo

play a game where the main objective is to stare at the enemy all day and try not to die from disease.
:whistle2:k Go on...

I only tried Verdun once or twice for Bro nights and it had some stupid bug I hardly remember but the upshot was that you couldn't play in private matches until you'd gotten enough points in public matches. Haven't touched it since.

Syntax wants a game where he sits in the trenches all day thinking about Weiler's mom and writing letters to her.  

I've always wanted to play the History Channel Civil War games and also Darkest Days.  Not sure if any  of them are good, but they claim they are "realistic."

No... I know of it but I never saw it for a price that I wanted it at and, then, well, I sort of forgot about it.

Syntax wants a game where he sits in the trenches all day thinking about Weiler's mom and writing letters to her.

I've always wanted to play the History Channel Civil War games and also Darkest Days. Not sure if any of them are good, but they claim they are "realistic."
I've always heard Darkest Days is horrible... While the History channel game is simplistic but solid.

If you want a realistic FPS try Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm.

Set in WW2, RO2 is set in the Eastern theatre (Germans vs Soviets) and Rising Storm is Pacific theatre (Americans vs Japanese). 80% of the team has access to only bolt-action rifles (unless you play as a dirty American piggu, in which case you can choose between the bolt-action M1903 and the semi-auto M1 garand), and 1 shot to the chest will kill you, 2 shots for limbs. Only a few people per team gets LMGs, sniper rifles, or shotguns/submachine guns. Weapons are not the same across teams either, like the Muricans get flamethrowers while Japs get knee-mortars. I think Germans have better LMGs and Russians get more sub-MGs? I don't play RO2 as much as RS. 

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtFgYsTSx7c[/youtube]

Although fair warning, when you start playing, you will die A LOT. 

Set in WW2, RO2 is set in the Eastern theatre (Germans vs Soviets) and Rising Storm is Pacific theatre (Americans vs Japanese). 80% of the team has access to only bolt-action rifles (unless you play as a dirty American piggu, in which case you get the semi-auto M1 garand), and 1 shot to the chest will kill you, 2 shots for limbs. Only a few people per team gets LMGs, sniper rifles, or shotguns/submachine guns. Weapons are not the same across teams either, like the Muricans get flamethrowers while Japs get knee-mortars. I think Germans have better LMGs and Russians get more sub-MGs? I don't play RO2 as much as RS.

We bro nighted this and everyone was like "this game sucks" and Bah quit after an hour because we were getting killed so easily.

We bro nighted this and everyone was like "this game sucks" and Bah quit after an hour because we were getting killed so easily.
Yeah, well like I said when you first start the game you'll die a lot because you don't know where to hide and you're essentially a headless chicken running around, once you learn the map it's a lot more fun. Although I will say I've had many games where I get only a few, or no kills and it's damn frustrating. Playing against bots helps you learn the weapons and the flow of the map.

I can understand if people don't like it, to each their own, but sucking at the game doesn't make it a sucky game.

I don't need "ultra real", I would just like more than lip service towards the source.  Different game genre, but CoJ: Gunslinger was fun in large part because the weapons felt like they actually fit the Old West setting and had a unique feel rather than "Let's pretend everyone in the Old West had AK-47s".  But you wouldn't say that the game itself was realistic.  BF1 mainly just feels like a standard chaotic swarm shooter with a coat of 1915 paint.

Yeah, well like I said when you first start the game you'll die a lot because you don't know where to hide and you're essentially a headless chicken running around, once you learn the map it's a lot more fun. Although I will say I've had many games where I get only a few, or no kills and it's damn frustrating. Playing against bots helps you learn the weapons and the flow of the map.

I can understand if people don't like it, to each their own, but sucking at the game doesn't make it a sucky game.
I agree with what you're saying here. Red Orchestra games are a breath of fresh air from the hyper-action of the COD/BF series and their ilk. But there is definitely a learning curve. Not only is it difficult for most players since you can't run directly into the action like Rambo, or you're going to live a very short time, but most of the people playing now really know the ins and outs of the game.

I too was frustrated with the game until I learned what I was doing. I don't play often anymore, but I do usually manage to get a few kills and I know that if I die it's probably because I was being a dumbass and not because PLAYERX did a 600 hour grind to get some ridiculously overpowered weapon.

Because it's not an immediately accessible game, I get why it's not for everyone. If you've got some patience to learn the map and some good strategies, it can be a very fun game to play.

Wild lands. Still having issues with buttons randomly having input, and continuous running. Also, how did they fuck up cover so bad when it's great in Division.

Driving with KBm is ass

Sorry for the off-topic, started a couple of months ago playing blizzard games such as D3 and Overwatch, if anyone want to play, add me (soulkyo#1737). I'm out!

Wild lands. Still having issues with buttons randomly having input, and continuous running. Also, how did they fuck up cover so bad when it's great in Division.

Driving with KBm is ass
While I do like what I have played, this really doesn't feel like a Ghost Recon game to me.

It feels like GTA+Watch Dogs (3rd person open-world shooter w/ vehicles ); Far Cry 3+4 (open world shooter w/ missions everywhere); Splinter Cell (some stealth gameplay - i.e. interrogations, knock-outs, sync-shots here reminds me of Conviciion's marked kills); and Borderlands (4-player co-op allowed, but you can have 3 AI's with you).

I also really wish (newer) games used a Cover button to put me in+out of cover like the other games did. Rise of TR didn't always auto-snap to cover & neither does GR Wildlands.

And, yeah - kb/mouse driving is clunky w/ KB + car physics feel too loose.

EDIT:

Enable the controller support in the menu's. Driving cars normally are better w/ gamepads, anyways. Still doesn't help that the handling + physics are a bit off & loose, too.

Actually, TBH - it feels like a lot of this game is off. It's trying to do so much, it just can't seem to get everything right. Its scope here is mixing so many different elements + gameplay styles here - jack of all trades, but master of none.

Don't know how good of a deal this is but my local Wal-Mart has heroes of the storm starter packs for $9 down from $20. Comes with a mount, 5'ish heroes and a skin. Might be making a trip back in later today to pick some stuff up if anyone is interested.

Set in WW2, RO2 is set in the Eastern theatre (Germans vs Soviets) and Rising Storm is Pacific theatre (Americans vs Japanese). 80% of the team has access to only bolt-action rifles (unless you play as a dirty American piggu, in which case you can choose between the bolt-action M1903 and the semi-auto M1 garand), and 1 shot to the chest will kill you, 2 shots for limbs. Only a few people per team gets LMGs, sniper rifles, or shotguns/submachine guns. Weapons are not the same across teams either, like the Muricans get flamethrowers while Japs get knee-mortars. I think Germans have better LMGs and Russians get more sub-MGs? I don't play RO2 as much as RS.

A realistic WWII game where the Russians even HAVE guns?

image.jpg

You either grew up playing Mega Man, Ducktales, and Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers on NES or you didn't.
I don't understand why you quoted me...

Were you saying I didn't like Shovel Knight because I didn't play Capcom NES games?

Cause I did play Capcom NES games and I like Shovel Knight.

I didn't. They had better games on the computer. Master Race 4 Life :D/

C'mon, people, Pirates, Defender of the Crown and Maniac Mansion were released the same year as Mega Man. Games like Elite, the Ultima series and Paradroid had been out for years...

Actually it's because I grew up with those games that I don't like it.

They tried to copy the Capcom gameplay formula and didn't get it right.

They tried to copy the Capcom gameplay formula and didn't get it right.
fake-news-trump-881x496.jpg

For what it's worth, It took me a bit before I really got into it. Give it another chance, and try to pace yourself by going after collectibles and shiz.

Uh no. When this was bro nighted I didnt even show up because I dont like it. Someone else was the quitter that night.

Re: shooters. I don't want them to be ultra realistic (ARMA can go to hell). I do agree that BF1's factual liberties are a little off putting (i.e. I'd like to have seen an emphasis on bolt action rather than automatics), I do want them to be fun which BF1 nails despite my obscenity streams when playing it. BF1 is a lot of fun, as is R6 Siege.

Red Orchestra is dated IMO, but I see the merit in it and get why people like it. Funnily enough, I am in the beta for the new Vietnam game, but I havent tried it yet and don't know if I will. I also like Verdun and that has more realism in it than most.

:whistle2:k Go on...

I only tried Verdun once or twice for Bro nights and it had some stupid bug I hardly remember but the upshot was that you couldn't play in private matches until you'd gotten enough points in public matches. Haven't touched it since.
This has been fixed now if you are wondering.

bread's done
Back