Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yes, except with Zelda, Mario, and Metroid.

Even better if it flops and I can get it for $30 (or whatever the PSTVs were, I didn't buy one cause I couldn't see myself playing anything on it).
u motoki

PSTV was kind of cool in concept, but a failure in execution. I doubt Nintendo will go down that route, they'll make more money by forcing people to buy the normal version of the Switch

I think the most surprising part is that you have 54 Origin friends?! That is confirmation of 55 people using Origin!
Nah, most of my Origin friends are for Simpsons Tapped Out. You need a ton of "friends" during special events because you can visit their town and get extra points for the event. So if I've ever deleted a CAG off my Origin list, it's to make room for more random Simpsons fans.

I wish I was motoki.  I'd buy everyone steam games with my steam card farm bots.  I'm stupid and names are hard... lets go shopping!

And yeah, I thought PSTV was cool, almost did get it because some vita games looked cool and I have a small library from the "free" PS+ games.  But I already never play console games (I've had Bloodborne since nearly release and haven't taken the plastic off yet), I don't need another console to collect dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
wat. r u thinking of madjoki?
Yes.

75950317.jpg

EDIT:

Seriously... I'm horribly bad with names, doubly so when they begin with the same letter.

I constantly call my cousins/nieces/nephews the wrong name because there are two "J" names, two "L" names, two "D" names, etc, etc...

So I log into Origin and what do I see:

5VuIQ3O.png

Mr. I HATE BF1 THIS GAME SUCKS AND I WILL COMPLAIN ALL NIGHT is playing some MP by himself. Bad boi syn errror cagsy spanksy.

Also, MysterD, accept my friend request. We're cool now. Frenemies at worst.
Odd, I have no request from you.

Anyways, I just sent you one. :)

Actually, I think I just sent Syntax one.

[slap self upside head]

Fox, what's your Origin name?

EDIT:

Most of them are probably bots.
Or they probably work for EA.

Odd, I have no request from you.

Anyways, I just sent you one. :)

Actually, I think I just sent Syntax one.

[slap self upside head]

Fox, what's your Origin name?

EDIT:

Or they probably work for EA.
It worked out. I restarted Origin and your on my friend's list now.

Also, you guys think they put enough thermal paste on this chip?

YKE8nvB.jpg

No, needs one more tube.

Really enjoying the Switch so far. Feels like pretty much everything the Wii U should've been from a hardware standpoint. Now it just needs the software to back it up. Zelda should keep me occupied until a few more high-profile games are out.

Mr. I HATE BF1 THIS GAME SUCKS AND I WILL COMPLAIN ALL NIGHT is playing some MP by himself. Bad boi syn errror cagsy spanksy.
Yeah, I was playing some last weekend, too. Unlike some people in our group of usual suspects, I figure that I should at least put a little effort towards competence rather than "This game sucks, I'm gonna delete it off my computer and then call Origin to have it removed from my account" if we're gonna be playing it. That said, I was playing this morning and have been Alt-Tabbed out since then so you really caught me idling.

Origin has a "MysterD2" so consider the fact that there's another MysterD out there who is slower on the draw to make his Origin account than ours.

u motoki

PSTV was kind of cool in concept, but a failure in execution. I doubt Nintendo will go down that route, they'll make more money by forcing people to buy the normal version of the Switch
So was Vita. They never followed through with the triple A games. All it really got after launch was the Killzone game that was praised, and the Gravity Rush game that was really good if you liked the concept, The Show, and a crap ton of B and indie games

That's honestly the main reason a Wii U and/or switch would appeal to me. To be able to be in the living room and still play games. I mean, I do have a tablet and a 3DS, but it's still tempting.
Just get a gaming laptop and then you can play games in the living room, even the bathroom ... but don't try it in the shower :shame:

I know, right? Motoki and MysterD are practically indistinguishable.
When actually thinking about them, no, cause one is a toaster and the other is yanni's whipping boy.

When absentmindedly picking out a name, kinda. My brain just doesn't do names well.

I don't know why that video is "PC Gamer's Perspective" when nothing the guy said related to PC gaming at all and he ends the video saying what a Nintendo fanboy he is.

Anyway, nothing about it really interests me but I think I'm just in the wrong demographic.  Mobile gaming isn't anything I'm interested in and settling for a stripped down console because it can also be used as a mobile device ain't my bag.  But I'm sure it's great for today's Millennial on the go, riding mass transit, making multicultural art or having impromptu rooftop parties like the kids in the iPhone commercials.  I'm old and don't like leaving my house and want my gaming devices as solid, practical and immobile as myself.

I don't know why that video is "PC Gamer's Perspective" when nothing the guy said related to PC gaming at all and he ends the video saying what a Nintendo fanboy he is.

Anyway, nothing about it really interests me but I think I'm just in the wrong demographic. Mobile gaming isn't anything I'm interested in and settling for a stripped down console because it can also be used as a mobile device ain't my bag. But I'm sure it's great for today's Millennial on the go, riding mass transit, making multicultural art or having impromptu rooftop parties like the kids in the iPhone commercials. I'm old and don't like leaving my house and want my gaming devices as solid, practical and immobile as myself.
Speaking of getting names confused, have you considered changing username to Motoki Error? ;)

I haven't owned a console since the N64, but if I were so inclined something like the Switch would interest me. XBox and PS4 have some nice exclusives but PC+Nintendo seems to cover the most ground in terms of variety. Then again I don't follow console gaming closely so I may be full of it.

I appreciate what Nintendo tries to do and the niche it fills.  I just don't have any nostalgia for their characters or franchises and I'm not going to be playing motion games at a party or for a family fun night.  It's not bad or garbage or anything, it's just not for me.

Consoles can do well. Just not always.
Rise of the Tomb raider looked great on the One. I'd even say better than JC3 maxed in 1080. When the team is good and really works for a particular console, they can do great things. As I said earlier, Forza 7 will likely be amazing on Scorpio, considering it's supposed to be equal to a 1070, and there were PS4 games(Shadow Fall, and that was a launch title) that looked better than anything my old 660Ti could do, and it had more juice than a PS4, because It's easier to optimize for a console. It's like iPhone had crazy looking games when much more powerful Android phones were out, because there wasn't a fragmented ecosystem to code for. Not that I'd want an iPhone.

That said, I've been playing Deus Ex which I got cheap for PS4(before I upgraded my failing MSI 660ti) and.....Ugh. That games chugs just running through the city.

Rise of the Tomb raider looked great on the One. I'd even say better than JC3 maxed in 1080. When the team is good and really works for a particular console, they can do great things.
Oh, sure. My point is just that the Switch makes the compromise of weaker performance for mobility. Mobility isn't meaningful to me so it's just "weaker performance" than the other console options.

Rise of the Tomb raider looked great on the One. I'd even say better than JC3 maxed in 1080. When the team is good and really works for a particular console, they can do great things. As I said earlier, Forza 7 will likely be amazing on Scorpio, considering it's supposed to be equal to a 1070, and there were PS4 games(Shadow Fall, and that was a launch title) that looked better than anything my old 660Ti could do, and it had more juice than a PS4, because It's easier to optimize for a console. It's like iPhone had crazy looking games when much more powerful Android phones were out, because there wasn't a fragmented ecosystem to code for. Not that I'd want an iPhone.

That said, I've been playing Deus Ex which I got cheap for PS4(before I upgraded my failing MSI 660ti) and.....Ugh. That games chugs just running through the city.
Deus Ex: MD + Rise of the TR run fine for me at 1440p on my PC @ mostly Medium settings + No V-Sync while performing above 30FPS in-game on my PC.

My PC has i7 950 Bloomfield, 16 GB RAM DDR3, W7 64, GTX 970 & 27'' Samsung 4K monitor.

I used MSI Afterburner to limit Rise of the TR to 45FPS, to keep it from bouncing all over the place.

Deus Ex: MD + Rise of the TR run fine for me at 1440p on my PC @ mostly Medium settings + No V-Sync while performing above 30FPS in-game on my PC.

My PC has i7 950 Bloomfield, 16 GB RAM DDR3, W7 64, GTX 970 & 27'' Samsung 4K monitor.

I used MSI Afterburner to limit Rise of the TR to 45FPS, to keep it from bouncing all over the place.
I was talking about consoles in that post, saying how Rise looked great for the Xbox One, yet Deus Ex chugs on PS4. Console games CAN look great, and CAN seriously suck. (Both games from devs under the same publisher, and if I remember right they are working together now on Avengers).

TLDR, consoles don't always suck. Just like ports to PC.

Also, semi related; The FF XV guy said he hopes to port FF XV to PC and push it to its limits if SE will give him the time. Watch " Angi's philosophy " tech demo to see what that could look like, made with that game engine, NOT a CGI sequence.

Naw, I just mean Nintendo is a shitty ass company that produces crappy products and limited inventories. The Switch is a joke. There is like 1-2 games out for it and there is no announcements for dates for upcoming games.

They try to act like it's more of a handheld than a console...yet it lasts like 2.5hrs as a handheld.

They don't provide a legit controller...instead they would rather charge $70; you want a good way to charge your crappy provded controller stick thingys...oh wait buy that accessory.

And lastly, 2 decades ago graphics.
Half of this is legit but half of this is complete bs. Not sure what you mean by crappy products, by until the Switch their hardware has always been pretty high quality in terms of durability. As far as current issues w/the switch/joycon and all, it's really not any worse than the red ring of death, etc. As far as games they've announced a good deal of first party games that are supposed to be out for the end of the year, like it or not if they follow through their games will dwarf what came out for PS4 and XBONE in their first years. Both the systems were pretty barren for a good while. Until this year the PS4 had pretty much bloodborne going for it and that was about it. Also not sure where you're getting the impression they're marketing the console as being "more of a handheld," i think the marketing has been pretty clear about the intention of the console...it's a console that you can take the game around with you, not handheld specific. battery life is said to vary depending on the game, for the zelda game has been reported to be around 3-3.5 hrs, which honestly i'm not sure how longer you expect it to last for a game of that fidelity. Comparatively speaking, a vita is supposed to last for 3-5 hrs. Controller gripe is legit. And yeah, breath of the wild totally looks 20 years old :roll:

Half of this is legit but half of this is complete bs. Not sure what you mean by crappy products, by until the Switch their hardware has always been pretty high quality in terms of durability. As far as current issues w/the switch/joycon and all, it's really not any worse than the red ring of death, etc. As far as games they've announced a good deal of first party games that are supposed to be out for the end of the year, like it or not if they follow through their games will dwarf what came out for PS4 and XBONE in their first years. Both the systems were pretty barren for a good while. Until this year the PS4 had pretty much bloodborne going for it and that was about it. Also not sure where you're getting the impression they're marketing the console as being "more of a handheld," i think the marketing has been pretty clear about the intention of the console...it's a console that you can take the game around with you, not handheld specific. battery life is said to vary depending on the game, for the zelda game has been reported to be around 3-3.5 hrs, which honestly i'm not sure how longer you expect it to last for a game of that fidelity. Comparatively speaking, a vita is supposed to last for 3-5 hrs. Controller gripe is legit. And yeah, breath of the wild totally looks 20 years old :roll:
Nintendo has had shitty hardware for a while, since the Wii. They use outdated technology and people deal with it because they want their mario/zelda fix. I think that's what FissFiss was trying to say. Hopefully the Switch gets good third party support like Nintendo's handhelds get, otherwise I can't see the Switch going far.

Nintendo has had shitty hardware for a while, since the Wii. They use outdated technology and people deal with it because they want their mario/zelda fix. I think that's what FissFiss was trying to say. Hopefully the Switch gets good third party support like Nintendo's handhelds get, otherwise I can't see the Switch going far.
If that's what he meant then I do agree w/that, their tech is always outdated. Switch has tons of 3rd party support. It's getting SKYRAM man. I'm sure tens of people will buy that. TENS.

If that's what he meant then I do agree w/that, their tech is always outdated. Switch has tons of 3rd party support. It's getting SKYRAM man. I'm sure tens of people will buy that. TENS.
Latest news is if you really read the statements from Bethesda, they have made zero mention of it being the Special edition or having DLC or recent texture updates(which the PC had anyway from the beginning as an optional download), so there is speculation that is a port of PS3/360 Skyrim, rather than a toned down PS4/One port(which had the better textures). And the people at Bethesda aren't coming out to disagree or respond. So that's a fail.

So... How much card money does that 46 game for $1 bundle from Bundlestars get you?

$0.03 a card, say 5 cards a game, $0.15 a game... $6.90.

So if you made 45 farming accounts, you could turn $45 into $310 gabenbucks.

WAY better turnaround than $45 for G$50.

In 2 years...
giphy.gif

So... How much card money does that 46 game for $1 bundle from Bundlestars get you?

You'd have to spend an additional $225 before those farming accounts can actually farm.

I'll give you that, but, the gimmick on the N64 was 3D more than graphical advancements and Gamecube wasn't without the minidisc thing because Nintendo didn't want to be like everyone else and use regular CDs. Plus, Gamecube started all the peripheral craze. I remember buying Donkey Kong bongos and Samba De Amigo cha cha shaker things.
The mini disc that the GameCube used was smaller in capacity than what the two other competitor's used... While the third competitor's system, the Sega Dreamcast, was all but dead or even officially dead when the GameCube arrived on scene. It wasn't even close with a size of 1.5 GB versus 4.7 GB. PS2 and Xbox both used DVD (Which meant for the second generation in a row that third party developers had a hell of a time developing for the system if they wanted to release multi platform games and 3rd party developers got use to not being on Nintendo systems, something that continues to this day.)

As for peripherals... I would have to disagree and say the peripheral craze started with the NES. Rob (the stupid robot thing), Power Pad, zapper (lightgun), and licensed peripherals like the Power Glove all established Nintendo's craze to me. :)

As for Nintendo in general... Until they release proper Metroid games (I would prefer 2D) than I cannot be bothered by them. 3D Zelda isn't really my thing.

What Master Spoder said.

I saw DF's Zelda video and well... it was unexpected to see that docked version ran worse than portable mode. It's clearly intended that Nintendo wanted customers to play mostly in portable mode. I'm afraid it will become a new trend for future games on Switch.

Putting aside the entry fee barrier that Detruire pointed out, farming on 45 (or more) alt accounts strikes me as a huge pain in the ass. Even if you don't have to contend with the 2 hour card drop delay on those accounts, and are able to utilize the card drop glitch to speed up the process, you're still looking at several hours of idling on each account. Not to mention the hassle of having to log in and out of all those accounts. Seriously, I don't know how card farmers do it.

Putting aside the entry fee barrier that Detruire pointed out, farming on 45 (or more) alt accounts strikes me as a huge pain in the ass. Even if you don't have to contend with the 2 hour card drop delay on those accounts, and are able to utilize the card drop glitch to speed up the process, you're still looking at several hours of idling on each account. Not to mention the hassle of having to log in and out of all those accounts. Seriously, I don't know how card farmers do it.
I believe many use https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiSteamFarm (I don't tho)

one command to mass add keys, then auto-idle & auto send items after it's done.

bread's done
Back