Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The new and improved MysterD:

Dualit-24-Carat-Gold-toaster-408281.jpg
gB7QrBN.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I've been gone for a while, but when did the toaster learn to use actual yellow instead of golden shower yellow? Is anybody else concerned about this? I mean, what's next, he learns to make a point without beating it half to death, first?
Maybe. Maybe not.

Only time will tell.

Guess I'll finally be joining you guys for BF1 on Friday. Stocked up on beer and whiskey, so I'm ready to go! ...Assuming it's not all gone by then.

Oh yeah, don't forget to "spring forward" tonight. :roll:

Wildlands on a SSD loads so much faster its ridiculous... Honestly, without testing I would say it cuts the load times by 60-70% but now I keep getting a random freeze. Mostly in the air but I've had it happen at ground level too.

Now, it could just be a coincidence but I'm not a big fan of those.

Wildlands on a SSD load some much faster its ridiculous... Honestly, without testing I would say it cuts the load times by 60-70% but now I keep getting a random freeze. Mostly in the air but I've had it happen at ground level too.

Now, it could just be a coincidence but I'm not a big fan of those.
Looks like it's a major issues and many are having that issue, especially on SSD's.

Some have it on regular HDD's, too.

Link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wildlands/comments/5y35fa/random_35_second_freezing/

Guess I'll finally be joining you guys for BF1 on Friday. Stocked up on beer and whiskey, so I'm ready to go! ...Assuming it's not all gone by then.
I didn't use all of my 10 hours time out on the BF1 Trial.

I still have time left here (around 3 hours left) on this BF1 Trial, so...

hqdefault.jpg

I spent last night testing out my new Pulse Elite headset and I have to say I doubt I'll ever buy a better wireless headset for $30. Sound is great and the PS3 recognized it instantly with no issues. Tried it on Spelunky, Army of Two Devil's Cartel, DC vs MK, Remember Me, and Pac man DX. Now I just need to find PS3 copy of GTA V since it says it has a special mode just for that game. Also, Mass Effect Trilogy is on sale $4.49 on PSN. Does anyone know if the DLC ever goes on sale there or is it the same as PC?

I spent last night testing out my new Pulse Elite headset and I have to say I doubt I'll ever buy a better wireless headset for $30. Sound is great and the PS3 recognized it instantly with no issues. Tried it on Spelunky, Army of Two Devil's Cartel, DC vs MK, Remember Me, and Pac man DX. Now I just need to find PS3 copy of GTA V since it says it has a special mode just for that game. Also, Mass Effect Trilogy is on sale $4.49 on PSN. Does anyone know if the DLC ever goes on sale there or is it the same as PC?
Same as PC. Usually a year after release there will be a 50% sale a time or two but after that you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning on a day with clear skies.

I used mine last night for the first time too on my pc. It is really nice and actually has some bass. Much better than the PS4 Gold headset I have. Probably the best headset I've gotten so far.

Thanks for letting me know about it.

I used mine last night for the first time too on my pc. It is really nice and actually has some bass. Much better than the PS4 Gold headset I have. Probably the best headset I've gotten so far.

Thanks for letting me know about it.
Nice. Glad you were able to find it in-store. It was very immersive for me and the reviews did mention it had nice bass to it. never tried the PS4 Gold, but surprised they don't have good bass considering the price for those.

Hit #1 on the board in a BF1 match. Now retiring from BF1.
But did you win the match?

Yes! It was a Conquest on one of the desert maps, but not Sinai with the camps off in the rocks but the other one.

Combining the topics of Gamestop and Battlefield, BF4 is available at Gamestop for $3 with a box and everything so now MysterD can play it all by himself while he waits for BF1 to reach $5 in 2019.
Already have had that Watch Dogs 1 PC game for quite some time. Recommend it for the fun GTA-style gameplay mixed w/ stealth-elements, but I think the story + character development is weak.

At $3, that game's a bloody steal. Gameplay's really fun.

Aiden's a horrible jerk of a character who never evolves and is often "just there" to be a plot device, which is on par w/ the horrible Connor character from AC3. Just like Connor, they don't really do enough w/ Aiden's interesting background and skill-set, story-wise or character-wise.

So, when's the WD1 Season Pass and/or Bad Blood DLC gonna get ultra-cheap?

Watch Dogs 1 has also been clearanced for $3 at GS and I assume MysterD bought it and that is the connection to the $3 BF4 you posted. Inside the mind of MysterD...
when was this? Remember seeing this at E3 and everyone had a boner, then all I heard was crushing disappointment on release and tuned it out. Id give it a roll for $3 (also, the most overheard statement at Bahs Moms house)

It was now.

Unlike Aliens: Colonial Marines which deserved all of its scorn, Watch Dogs was one of those games where I felt the backlash was largely unjustified and more about unrealistic expectations than anything else.  It's a perfectly competent game in the typical Ubisoft model and I had fun playing it.  It won't raise the dead or take you to new vistas of video gaming you never could have dreamed but you'll get to steal cars, shoot people and do some amusing tricks with traffic lights and road barricades.

Watch Dogs 1 has also been clearanced for $3 at GS and I assume MysterD bought it and that is the connection to the $3 BF4 you posted. Inside the mind of MysterD...
We need a $3 BF1....

EDIT:

I already own BF 1942; BF 2142; BF:BC2; BF 2+3+4; and the Non-DICE BF: Hardline.

EDIT 2:

It was now.

Unlike Aliens: Colonial Marines which deserved all of its scorn, Watch Dogs was one of those games where I felt the backlash was largely unjustified and more about unrealistic expectations than anything else. It's a perfectly competent game in the typical Ubisoft model and I had fun playing it.
WD1 PC version also got the crap slapped out of it b/c upon release on the PC...

1. it was (and still is, BTW) a total resource hog + performance hog [even on most high-end systems at that time];

2. had hidden graphical settings (so it could be on par w/ consoles - which got modded back in and then later got added back in);

3. not-so-hot character + story development (i.e. this game has the GUN + Homefront: The Revolution treatment of killing-off; writing-off; and/or dropping character and/or plot storylines off);

4. and really didn't do much w/ some of the situations that it actually presents (i.e. invasion of piracy, hacking, and human trafficking).

It won't raise the dead or take you to new vistas of video gaming you never could have dreamed but you'll get to steal cars, shoot people and do some amusing tricks with traffic lights and road barricades.
Agreed. Easily worth $3 for the gameplay.

when was this? Remember seeing this at E3 and everyone had a boner, then all I heard was crushing disappointment on release and tuned it out. Id give it a roll for $3 (also, the most overheard statement at Bahs Moms house)
The complete edition was glitched at $5-6 on steam (in australia) last year. y u no get it from a trader then?

For some reason, I got it in my head to spend the extra $10 a month on the 200Mbps internet from comcast. 

Unfortunately the v1 or v2 WRT54G that I've been rocking for what seems like forever can't handle the speed. 

Directly wired to the modem I'm getting the full speed, going through the router (wired, since I know someone will mention it), it can only muster around 30.

Imma miss you lil' buddy.

394Qm3p.gif

I like Siege better. More team and skill base than BF1's crappy MP
I agree, but we benefit from the low expectations of BF1. When we actually manage to play as a team in BF1, we do fairly well whereas we still get our asses kicked in RSS. I think RSS is the better game all around but admit that BF1 sometimes serves us better for casual play in that no one is shut out of the game for 90% of it and we can support more than five players at a time.

For some reason, I got it in my head to spend the extra $10 a month on the 200Mbps internet from comcast.

Unfortunately the v1 or v2 WRT54G that I've been rocking for what seems like forever can't handle the speed.

Directly wired to the modem I'm getting the full speed, going through the router (wired, since I know someone will mention it), it can only muster around 30.

Imma miss you lil' buddy.

394Qm3p.gif
What are you getting to replace it?

I was supposed to get Comcast installed today (only 75 mbps here) but the tech showed up and no one was here even though I was here and the tech never showed up or rang the doorbell. I wish they would just say they fell behind instead of faking a visit and claiming I didn't answer. Hopefully will be here tomorrow.

I'm looking for a decent router capable of hitting both floors of a small house or two good routers (one for each floor) that are cheap. I can hook one upstairs through powerline.

Any bro suggestions are welcomed. I went on a wild goose chase trying to find some clearanced ones at Walmart and all that got me was the discovery of a Barack Obama Elementary School here in Atlanta. Not surprised, but that was fast.

I've had a Netgear N750 that I got at a goodwill for $6 sitting in my closet as a backup in case ol' reliable ever kicked the bucket. I'm gonna hook that up shortly. It has gigabit ports, so it should fix my problem.

I also have a Linksys wrt300n and a few Cisco/Linksys wrt120n (or similar) floating around that may or may not have power plugs. I had these as extra backups (either for me or family), but I think those only have 10/100 ports. Gonna probably replace an old Asus router I had running as a range extender with one of those, since my main will have N now.

I have a habit of pickup up routers on the cheap at thrift stores if they support custom firmware.

I was going to do the 75Mbps myself (I had 25), but the 200 was $3 more than the 75 in my area, so it was a no brainer.

I was supposed to get Comcast installed today (only 75 mbps here) but the tech showed up and no one was here even though I was here and the tech never showed up or rang the doorbell. I wish they would just say they fell behind instead of faking a visit and claiming I didn't answer. Hopefully will be here tomorrow.

I'm looking for a decent router capable of hitting both floors of a small house or two good routers (one for each floor) that are cheap. I can hook one upstairs through powerline.

Any bro suggestions are welcomed. I went on a wild goose chase trying to find some clearanced ones at Walmart and all that got me was the discovery of a Barack Obama Elementary School here in Atlanta. Not surprised, but that was fast.

I've had a Netgear N750 that I got at a goodwill for $6 sitting in my closet as a backup in case ol' reliable ever kicked the bucket. I'm gonna hook that up shortly. It has gigabit ports, so it should fix my problem.

I also have a Linksys wrt300n and a few Cisco/Linksys wrt120n (or similar) floating around that may or may not have power plugs. I had these as extra backups (either for me or family), but I think those only have 10/100 ports. Gonna probably replace an old Asus router I had running as a range extender with one of those, since my main will have N now.

I have a habit of pickup up routers on the cheap at thrift stores if they support custom firmware.

I was going to do the 75Mpbs myself (I had 25), but the 200 was $3 more than the 75 in my area, so it was a no brainer.
SeasonalCAG Router Shaman:

Always want to write some long ass posts but no one will read/care so get this: ASUS RT-AC68P $70 on Newegg or look on Ebay where I got the T-Mobile branded version for $50 (which you can flash to the AC68P)

If you want to get confused/educated: How To Buy A Wireless Router - 2017 Edition

TL;DR from the website: If you have an N class router, it's time to upgrade to AC class. This can provide both throughput and range improvement, even with 11g or n devices. (Upgraded from Linksys E3200 to T-Mobile/AC68P and experienced this first hand)

SeasonalCAG Router Shaman:

Always want to write some long ass posts but no one will read/care so get this: ASUS RT-AC68P $70 on Newegg or look on Ebay where I got the T-Mobile branded version for $50 (which you can flash to the AC68P)

If you want to get confused/educated: How To Buy A Wireless Router - 2017 Edition

TL;DR from the website: If you have an N class router, it's time to upgrade to AC class. This can provide both throughput and range improvement, even with 11g or n devices. (Upgraded from Linksys E3200 to T-Mobile/AC68P and experienced this first hand)
Couple of questions seasonal guru:

How hard is it to flash the T-mobile branded version? And how good is the range on this?

Would one of these be better than say two of these (One for each floor with the second one connected through a powerline adapter):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-RT-AC1200-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1200-Router-IEEE-802-11a-IEEE-802-11b-IEEE-/302221662352?hash=item465dd09890:g:G~QAAOSw32lYnx3z

Good advice for Fox, but I don't have much need for increased wireless speed (I don't really use anything wirelessly that needs high bandwidth), which is why I was still rocking the wrt54g.

For cheap stuff that isnt horrible Id recommend TP-Link. They usually are pretty well reviewed and I think these days their reliability is higher than it used to be.  Ones like the tp-link archer series are well reviewed now but I think even their cheaper non-archer ones are still good. 

I run an asus ac87u now and almost never have any issues with it for ~2-3 years (except for r6 siege not understanding when a port is already open, something about sieges networking and the asus upnp dont get along), but its also fairly pricey. Then again over 15 years Ive been through just about every brand and had every single one die on me at one point, so maybe something is to be said about getting what you pay for since this asus has outlasted just about any other one Ive owned

Couple of questions seasonal guru:

How hard is it to flash the T-mobile branded version? And how good is the range on this?

Would one of these be better than say two of these (One for each floor with the second one connected through a powerline adapter):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-RT-AC1200-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1200-Router-IEEE-802-11a-IEEE-802-11b-IEEE-/302221662352?hash=item465dd09890:g:G~QAAOSw32lYnx3z
SeasonalCAG Router Guru™:

It is a pain in the d*ck to flash and most will say just run it stock if you don't need any extra features but I like to tinker so I did it. I had to bad dead spots in my house one in the downstairs bathroom (thats a no no for do do) and one by my living room table. This router fixed that and I also can use my wifi outside in the backyard which I couldn't before.

Powerline adapters/range extenders cut your speed in half this is from research not actually owning/using one. Also setting up an access point/bridge on a second router can be a pain in the... you get it.

If you can get an Asus AC68P or AC1900 router at a Walmart or Best Buy try it out to see if it helps with range then return it. Get it cheaper online somewhere.

bread's done
Back