Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It was only a year ago that we were all a-quiver at the thought of getting $550 980 performance for $250 or less with the 480/1060 cards. We must have grown jaded :oldman:
It's also brand too. If I posted a $235 4GB 980 I doubt we'd see as many words of warning and we might even see a few "That's a great deal, that card was $500+ a year ago."

You guys really aren't helping me decide whether I want to fakey ME:A.  I was all gung-ho until the weird, emotionless automaton images started popping up.  I'll probably still preorder with the Amazon Prime discount, I have credit to burn.

Glad to see we're back on topic. It had been way too long since we'd talked about VRAM.
How about we talk about you and your drank habit. Do you prefer clear or purple? Sprite, Mountain Dew or other? What's your favorite kind of jolly rancher to drop in there? Does the music really sound screwed and chopped when you're under the influence?

How about we talk about you and your drank habit. Do you prefer clear or purple? Sprite, Mountain Dew or other? What's your favorite kind of jolly rancher to drop in there? Does the music really sound screwed and chopped when you're under the influence?
I don't like to dilute it with soda. Pour about half a bottle of Hi-Tech in my double cup with some ice, and just grip and sip.

giphy.gif

SeasonalCAG Fakeybro Broh on Occasion:

So had a lot of credit to burn at GameStop getting rid of the console filth so got an $60 Origin with the mind set to beat Hitman before ME Andromeda dropped but with my PC taking a dump might hold on to it until the first patch/sale hits. Also picked up $60 in Gaben Bux you can never have enough.

Thinking of getting a Nvidia Shield for the living room with the rest of my credit for Netflix duties because the PS3 there is getting long in the tooth or can cheapy out and get a Chromecast and more Gaben Bux you can never...Deja Vu.

You guys really aren't helping me decide whether I want to fakey ME:A. I was all gung-ho until the weird, emotionless automaton images started popping up. I'll probably still preorder with the Amazon Prime discount, I have credit to burn.
The gameplay is great. If you play games for animations then pass...but people complaining about the faces and such is ridiculous.

Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour Trial update:

I've played roughly 3-4 hours into the story so far and my setup (i5-3570k and R9 390 8GB) has handled High settings at 1080p just fine. Game seems to stick and stay at 60 FPS, although there have been a few hiccups and frame drops with the transition between cut scene to gameplay, but nothing major. I'm rather surprised at the performance I'm getting to be honest. Animations and facial expressions are just fine, they really don't bother me and I don't see what the fuss was about. Unless people demanded perfection.

As for the writing, it's at least better than ME3 and I haven't experience anything similar to a "my face is tired" moment. There are parts where dialog doesn't flow smoothly with pauses between lines, timing is just a bit off if I'm nitpicking anything here. Gameplay is fine, jet packing around is fine, visuals are good, shooting with auto aim off is good, skills are fine, etc... I'm not quite sure where the mixed feelings are coming from with early impressions. Maybe I'll find out the deeper I get into the story / gameplay, or maybe not.

So far I'm having fun and I think I'll try the MP out later tonight, but I think I'll wait until a decent discount hits since I'm juggling Nier, Horizon, and Zelda at the moment. Damn, seriously, what an amazing time for gaming.  :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour Trial update:

Animations and facial expressions are just fine, they really don't bother me and I don't see what the fuss was about. Unless people demanded perfection.
It didn't bother me either. I like ugly female and pretty male :whistle2:

mass-effect-andromeda-face-model.jpg

jfv3gex5n3fy.jpg

SeasonalCAG Fakeybro Broh on Occasion:

So had a lot of credit to burn at GameStop getting rid of the console filth so got an $60 Origin with the mind set to beat Hitman before ME Andromeda dropped but with my PC taking a dump might hold on to it until the first patch/sale hits. Also picked up $60 in Gaben Bux you can never have enough.

Thinking of getting a Nvidia Shield for the living room with the rest of my credit for Netflix duties because the PS3 there is getting long in the tooth or can cheapy out and get a Chromecast and more Gaben Bux you can never...Deja Vu.
Get it. Nvidia Shield the best Android streaming box you can get. I tried every other and nothing comes close to the performance of this. Has support for 4K+HDR. It's worth getting the best experience.

Am I the only person that thinks the OG model looks closer to the real life than the photoshopped one?  I really haven't looked at a lot of videos of it (cause I don't care), but based on the pics in agentghost's post, she looks like she has the wider jawbone and larger lips and nose.

I haven't played it but, if the animations/plot/writing/etc is a step back from earlier games in the franchise, then complaining about them seems legitimate.
Yes, but if the gameplay is solid, like it is, it's fine.

I play games for the fun factor and great gameplay, not the facial animations.

Am I the only person that thinks the OG model looks closer to the real life than the photoshopped one? I really haven't looked at a lot of videos of it (cause I don't care), but based on the pics in agentghost's post, she looks like she has the wider jawbone and larger lips and nose.
I think this is a better photo since you can actually see the shape of her face
C4i98y5XAAABZf8.jpg
By the way, it's oddly difficult to find a photo where she's not grinning or messing with her hair.

Anyway, I could see arguments for components of her face being more accurate in the original but the net result is something that looks like Mrs Golem between the rounder face, wide pale eyes and weird clammy skin. The edited version has the advantage of not making me go "Eugh!" when I see it staring at me.

Of course, a brief look at the criticism seems to center around "OMG the model was SO HOT and this person isn't!!!" which leads me to believe most people are just upset that they can't rub their digital crotches against a convincing simulacrum of Ms. Rossi.

I think the original model looks like something out of a pixar movie, overly cartoony.  Especially when coupled with some of the weird animations.

The dead, soulless eyes is the worst part.

On the note of ME it runs decently from what I've played. 60+ on all max settings, while running 1440p and twitch on the other monitor

In cutscenes it drops a bit though.

I think this is a better photo since you can actually see the shape of her face
C4i98y5XAAABZf8.jpg
By the way, it's oddly difficult to find a photo where she's not grinning or messing with her hair.

Anyway, I could see arguments for components of her face being more accurate in the original but the net result is something that looks like Mrs Golem between the rounder face, wide pale eyes and weird clammy skin. The edited version has the advantage of not making me go "Eugh!" when I see it staring at me.

Of course, a brief look at the criticism seems to center around "OMG the model was SO HOT and this person isn't!!!" which leads me to believe most people are just upset that they can't rub their digital crotches against a convincing simulacrum of Ms. Rossi.
Sorry, I was too busy waxing my Normandy to hear what you were saying.

Finished-up the Single Player Campaign of Homefront: The Revolution (base-game).

After 35 hours total or so approximately, according to Steam, another game here is in the books. After all is said and done here, this game is, more or less, a solid open-world FPS. This game feels like a Far Cry 3+4 open-world style of shooter, albeit it's loaded with some twists of its own; and excellent graphics quality, loads of details, and superb lighting on the killer CryEngine.

Granted, that's all provided as long you can actually get around any sort of technical issues, such as texture flickering and/or shadow flickering. Forcing 30FPS with V-Sync On solved those issues for me.

While the writing, story, and character development certainly wasn't anything special or to write home about - since characters, plots, and whatnot seem to be either killed-off, written-off, and/or just get dropped-off a cliff somewhere before things were about to potentially get interesting - the open-world Far Cry 3+4 style of gameplay in an excellent dystopian + urban-based Philly certainly made it certainly worth my while + numerous hours with it.

Get it. Nvidia Shield the best Android streaming box you can get. I tried every other and nothing comes close to the performance of this. Has support for 4K+HDR. It's worth getting the best experience.
SeasonalCAG Nvidia Shield Bearer:

Should have mentioned I have one already in my mancave and it is great and that was one of the reasons I was thinking of getting one for the living room too. I could move that downstairs but then my TV in the cave would be bare since losing my consoles and that's not going to happen.

Also you brohs need to come together are we hating or loving on ME Andromeda cause I need to know if I'm playing with preorder skins or not. Damn no /ycs on the phone.

Reviews are coming in on the new ME game... Mostly seeing 7s, a few eights, with some 5s and 9s but those seem to be few.

If you had told me that Bioware could release a ME that scored so low I wouldn't have believed you. (Granted, 7s aren't horrible scores but ME isn't your normal franchise.)

I guess if it isn't from BioWare Edmonton (i.e. who gave us most of the BioWare RPG classics), we can expect major disappointment.

Maybe they shouldn't have farmed Mass Effect: Andromeda out to their other BioWare Studio, which is BioWare Montreal?

Of course, it's possible BioWare Edmonton is done w/ ME (at least for now) and wanted to do something else.

Now comes the debate.  With reviews out, it's my worst fear.  Tedious quests.  Only 2! new alien races in the entire new galaxy.  Same ol' same ol'.  And apparently crafting is tedious, but since you don't have to arm your crew it's only tedious for the not-Shep.

I guess if it isn't from BioWare Edmonton (i.e. who gave us most of the BioWare RPG classics), we can expect major disappointment.
Even if the game was made by their A-team that team is Bioware in name only at this point. Most of the key contributors of their classic games have since left the company. They probably would have made a better game than this B or C team that did Andromeda, but it wouldn't have been nearly on the same level as their older work.

Damn. Just based off of the odds I knew one of the hyped up games this year would disappoint, was really hoping it wouldn't be mass effect. It seems based off reviews they didn't learn a lot from DA:I in terms of questing, looks like a lot of MMO style fetch quest type stuff. Definitely the biggest disappointment though for me seems like the lack of world building...why make a game in a whole new galaxy to only introduce 2 alien races and a small number of new lifeforms in general? Was really hoping for something akin to ME1 where you enter a new galaxy and meet a ton of new races and everything. I actually wouldn't be surprised though if this game is somewhat better than reviews indicate, it seems to be getting dinged a lot for bugs and facial animations, the first of which will get patched out and the second of which i don't really care about. Seems like it's probably a good game worth playing but not a classic

That said, as much as I do love games with huge worlds and tons of content, not every game anymore has to provide that. Wish ME would've spent less time developing a huge gameworld with lots of scan missions and more time focusing on the storytelling and world building

Do we have any idea on what Edmonton is working on? If its not the new ME its got to be something big, right?

Now comes the debate. With reviews out, it's my worst fear. Tedious quests. Only 2! new alien races in the entire new galaxy. Same ol' same ol'. And apparently crafting is tedious, but since you don't have to arm your crew it's only tedious for the not-Shep.
Not-Shepard. I like that. :lol:

Like you and pasport I'm a bit shocked by a lack of new races... Looks like they wanted to escape the ending of 3 but without really investing in a new Universe like they should have.

I'm in! :D/

I'm out :speaktothehand:

Seriously though, why does it say I can pick it up in 18 minutes from the web store? I'm not buying one, but that's weird. If I set it to my actual local store, it says not available online.
MC has an 18 minute guarantee on online orders. They'll be ready to pick up in 18 minutes and if not, well you just have to wait until it's ready.

Edit:

Also, if Nvidia partnered with anyone other than Ubi, the 1070 could be seen as a better investment given their new requirements you actually have a 1070 or 1080 installed to redeem promos. As is, you get a $20-$30 discount on new Ubi games if you want to buy promo codes off others, but I feel Ubi games are the ones that get discounted the most when they come out.

Huh I guess I never posted these.  Games from those Microids points.  I assume the codes are still valid.  

POST MORTEM    EL24E-V87VG-DWZ0J   -  TIZAK-J9AKW-NM9TJ  -  7ADFY-I0GWG-C2XVD

HAEGEMONIA     GDAAC-9A3E7-I09GQ   -  6VT2G-T5IQ6-7EQXK  -  5NEVZ-W2B89-PVVRH

GODS VS HUMANS    MAFWZ-WNE2H-PJ8KP  -  APF3F-IDADD-ATVKR  -  E6LCI-FPXYJ-B0T9I

AMERZONE       0R92J-KGTLG-2J775  -  AVNR2-Q7EFY-N3NJG  -  CECWK-ZQH6N-TLEMJ

EGYPT THE PROPHECY    B0WQ0-0YBWP-FK9RK  -  LK5GQ-674PJ-IHXXT

EXPERIENCE 112     EYT8I-9DJR2-46EJP  -  G5HVK-F4FLG-9FIB6

ROBIN HOOD     34XED-DCFQI-5KIWH

NOSTRADAMUS    BPYM7-RL3L4-BPH4E

http://store.steampowered.com/app/564310/

Looks like they are trying to revitalize serious sam. New all-in-one place for SS HD 1/2/3BFE. That will use a common engine with common updates bringing them all up to vulkan/dx11 and 64bit, multi monitor, cross-game workshop support, all sorts of nifty features. The browser and game voting system will also be cross-game, so you could play one match in an SS1 level and the next be in a BFE level

Could also be a good one for bronights, dont think I remember seein any SS games done before and most people probably own them

Looks like they are trying to revitalize serious sam. New all-in-one place for SS HD 1/2/3BFE. That will use a common engine with common updates bringing them all up to vulkan/dx11 and 64bit, multi monitor, cross-game workshop support, all sorts of nifty features

Could also be a good one for bronights, dont think I remember seein any SS games done before and most people probably own them
We played one of them some months ago, I think it was 3. As co-op and there were like 10 of us or some other wacky turnout # and we were all able to fit in one game (like Fox's mom when she has a party). It was fun for the most part, but we never re-scheduled to finish it. Serious Sam games are good fun, so it will be interesting to see what they've done to them, though this is like the third re-release.

Maybe they shouldn't have farmed Mass Effect: Andromeda out to their other BioWare Studio, which is BioWare Montreal?

Of course, it's possible BioWare Edmonton is done w/ ME (at least for now) and wanted to do something else.
Bioware Edmonton is doing ME Trilogy Remaster. And no, you didn't hear it from me or here on CAG

Looks like they are trying to revitalize serious sam. New all-in-one place for SS HD 1/2/3BFE. That will use a common engine with common updates bringing them all up to vulkan/dx11 and 64bit, multi monitor, cross-game workshop support, all sorts of nifty features. The browser and game voting system will also be cross-game, so you could play one match in an SS1 level and the next be in a BFE level

To my knowledge, it'll also have VR. So now People who play SSVR can play co-op with non VR people.

Also, don't forget Serious Sam 4 probably comes out this year

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/uploads/articles/article_images/1488050027steam.jpg

^

That may convince me to grab the VR game next time a sale comes up if thats true

Also for the boardgamebros there is a ticket to ride sale with a complete-o-matic bundle at 79% off. Probably cheapest way to get any dlc's your missing so far

bread's done
Back