Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Would love a PUBG sale. I would have grabbed it if I got the code to get in on the sale on GMG.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I want from the Steam sale is better prices on last year's sales and games.  I will leave disappointed for the third consecutive year. 

I was debating picking up PUBG on GMG since I did get a code, but I hesitated for too long. Still though, I'd rather use Steam wallet if given the chance.

I would guess so.

It was slammed by critics + fans, a la Dragon Age 2.
I would actually say both critics and fans had very mixed feelings. After finishing the game it didn't really move the needle much for me personally. I'd probably summarize the game as I had fun playing it, but it wasn't a highly memorable experience.

Combat, controls, weapon/gear crafting, driving the Nomad, the loyalty missions, and open-world exploration were all good. Some of the characters were interesting, while others were not. By the third habitable planet things became repetitive and the narrative got a little stale. To me there weren't many big moments and your in-game decisions had little impact on the final outcome. If they ever make a ME:A2 maybe those prior decisions will come to light, but I'll probably have forgotten those by then.

The PvE multiplayer was fun for a while. I got my fix in after max leveling a few characters. I'll probably play that a few times over the summer when some new content is released.

Renowned Explorers: International Society is on GOG Connect. Considering it was in a HB bundle not too long ago, most should have it by now.
Nice. It's also a pretty darn good game.

I'd call it a cross between early game Civilization mechanics (basically just exploring) and a grid based tactical strategy RPG. It's a little simplistic when it comes to combat, but it has really polished gameplay and decent balance. Expeditions consist of randomly generated maps (or possibly a pool of possible layouts) made up of a pretty wide selection of choice based challenges that rely on your team's skills (i.e. A challenge involving collecting supplies from the environment around you would benefit from a party member with naturalist skills), encounters, stat bonuses, etc, followed by a set challenge at the end involving a boss battle.

The neat thing about the game is that there are three types of approaches to battles, friendly, devious, and aggressive. Friendly and devious are speech based attacks, so basically it's befriending the enemy so they won't fight you and will leave the battle, or breaking their will so to speak. Whichever way you cut it they're still just attacks doing damage, but attitudes factor heavily into battles. For example, friendly abilities will push attitudes like excited or confident, which may be used to heal your teammates and give them boosts (such as excited units dealing extra speech damage), but there also may be enemies with a weakness to excited type moves, so while you may be boosting their stats, you could be doing way more damage. And on top of that, there's a "mood" that the player party and enemy party hold depending on the moves they're using. So if you use a bunch of friendly abilities, your mood will be friendly, and depending on what mood the enemy has, there are sweeping bonuses and debuffs that affect all units. For example if the enemy is using a friendly mood and you're aggressive, you'll do extra combat damage, or if both moods are devious, friendly moves will deal more damage, etc.

It all makes a fairly simple combat system really interesting and challenging (the final boss, for example, changes moods a hell of a lot and forces you to change your mood quite a bit as the battle progresses). In addition to mood, your mood and usage of friendly/devious/aggressive abilities will influence how you beat the encounter, so while beating the enemy in a friendly manner in one encounter may give you bonuses and doing so in an aggressive manner may get you nothing (or even penalties), it varies depending on the encounter. It definitely challenges you in making a team that may focus on a certain type, but also is adaptable.

Out of battle and in between expeditions there's a lot to the game as well that's very similar to Civilization mechanics. You build up research points, gold, campaign points, etc as tokens as you go through the game, which you then you use to buy equipment and upgrade shops, move through research trees to unlock boosts to various aspects of the game (usually involving token collection and renown boosts), and hire passive team members who have similar boosts and also are able to teach your team various skills to help in challenges. In the end, the entire point of the game is to build up as much renown as possible, which you gain through most tokens but also in various other ways (like discovering special artifacts on expeditions), so it's vital to build up all of your passive boosts to maximize your renown at the end of the game.

The game definitely has its downsides. Percentage based rolls on the challenges can be aggravating, since failure sometimes results in awful penalties, but that's kind of unavoidable. The final level's difficulty jump is also a little silly. You go from the game being real easy, to being decent challenge, to suddenly being hard as balls unless your team is perfectly constructed. If you're playing on the ironman type no-saves, death is permanent mode (which is where the game shines, since each playthrough isn't very long), it's a little ridiculous. You don't actually have to do the final expedition (you're free to choose whichever lands you travel to for your expeditions, which are ranked by level of difficulty and possibly rewards), so the ironman mode is definitely still doable and the game is still winnable if you skip the final level.

tl;dr, Renowned Explorers is pretty neat and unique. It combines my favorite parts of Civilization with some solid strategy RPG mechanics and unique mechanics. Definitely worth a play if you got it in the Humble Bundle.

My main wants for the summer sale are PUBG, Rainbow Six Siege, Witcher 3 (preferably with all DLC), Planet Coaster, and Dead by Daylight.
you can get rainbow six for ~18 right now on shady keys with coupon (or 40 for gold year2 which includes year2 season pass). Thats lower than lowest. I think itad is glitched on that price when they intro'd the starter pack and thats why it shows 15 instead of 20 as the all time lowest (and current lowest, so its obviously wrong)

Kotaku - Sources have some big news regarding future of BioWare Montreal + Mass Effect Franchise.

1. BioWare Montreal is getting down-scaled.
2. BioWare Montreal is getting turned into a support studio.
3. BioWare Edmonton is working on their new IP project code-named "Dylan," in which BioWare Montreal will be a support studio on.
4. Some of the BioWare Montreal employees have already been moved to other EA-based offices + studios.
5. Mass Effect franchise is being put on hold, for now.

EDIT:

GameSpot - EA responds to Mass Effect: Andromeda's mixed reaction.
1pghep.jpg

you can get rainbow six for ~18 right now on shady keys with coupon (or 40 for gold year2 which includes year2 season pass). Thats lower than lowest. I think itad is glitched on that price when they intro'd the starter pack and thats why it shows 15 instead of 20 as the all time lowest (and current lowest, so its obviously wrong)
R6 Siege could be gotten for $15 from Newegg at one point in time. Uplay of course.

The Maxis guys just need to break out and do their own thing again. Sims started going downhill after 2 (3 had neat elements and was more advanced in a lot of ways, but it was arguably a mess compared to 2) and all but disowned everything but the Sims series. I'd love it if they did their own thing and went back to basics, explored their roots, rebuilt a Sims-like series from the ground up and integrated other concepts into the game like you'd see in their other titles from years past. You could see they tried to do that somewhat with Sims 3, but in my opinion the whole thing was just kind of awkward and broken.

Doubt that will ever happen, but I can dream. Until then I'll just stick to Sims 2 to get that fix now and then.

Kotaku - Sources have some big news regarding future of BioWare Montreal + Mass Effect Franchise.

1. BioWare Montreal is getting down-scaled.
2. BioWare Montreal is getting turned into a support studio.
3. BioWare Edmonton is working on their new IP project code-named "Dylan," in which BioWare Montreal will be a support studio on.
4. Some of the BioWare Montreal employees have already been moved to other EA-based offices + studios.
5. Mass Effect franchise is being put on hold, for now.

EDIT:

GameSpot - EA responds to Mass Effect: Andromeda's mixed reaction.
This makes my face tired

I am played Srafe some more.

You get used to the icons and stuff right away. I'm consistently getting to third floor at least. Usually choose shotgun or rifle type gun. Railgun is alright but slow. I still wish it's rogue like ways were stronger other than just random levels and die and start at the beginning. There really should have been stuff to unlock. You have to get used to the upgrades because whatever is on the machine is what you get with primary being blue I think and secondary being red. Most are very self explanatory once you've played. I was a bit harsh on it and it's quite addicting. The shooting itself is very good along with the movement. Not stiff at all. It's hard but you get used to it. Also never noticed but the right side of the screen has descriptions for items when you look at them. I'm upgrading my score to 7/10. It's good, not great so far, but is nice. Not worth $20 though...$5 is the perfect price IMHO.

Payday 2 DLC is being phased out and being replaced with the "Ultimate" edition after June 8th. You can either buy the remaining DLC you want now or buy the upgrade pack that they release which will probably cost more.. but this explains why the DLC is 85% off.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/payday2-ultimate-edition/

EDIT: They might use some kind of bundle discount for the upgrade?

Q: How much will it cost to upgrade my PAYDAY 2 game to the Ultimate Edition if I haven’t bought all DLC before June 8th?
A: That differs, depending on how many DLCs you already own.

Anybody play Final Fantasy Stormblood and want:

Eastern Journey Attire

Flying Cumulus Mount

Eastern Journey Battle Staff
(Lancer/Dragoon Arm)

Got a code from Amazon but I don't play that mess.  Info can be found here:

https://www.ffxivredeem.com/

And gone to FissFiss.

What's even more disconcerting is the realization that I own 6 Hitman games and I've never played one. I've actually seen more movies based on this series than played games in the series.
Not quite six for me (but at least 4....maybe even multiple copies...) and yeah, I've seen more of the movies than games played. I'll got to my shame corner now

4JyoD.gif

I know we've been ragging on Steam of late but I just wanted to come in here today and say... I'm thankful they have a system that allows for easy downloads and patches as not everyone can figure that shit out.

Besides that the new Forza Horizon Hot Wheels expansion is pretty freaking awesome... Though both of the new hot wheel themed cars I've driven so far have cockpit issues with the roll cages, etc impacting vision.  (Running an Subaru Impreza through the same track was impressive.)

I haven't had much time to play it but the game does seem like it runs a whole hell of allot better than it did before.  (I'll have to dig through the settings to see whats been changed.)

So I might be the ultimate moron but it was my understanding that a Steam key for the original 2006 version of Prey is kind of hard to come by. If that is true and anyone has been looking for one, Playasia currently has them for under $5:

http://www.play-asia.com/prey-2006-steam/13/70ahfh
we had this posted something like a week ago.

For what it's worth, the couple of folks who posted about it here got their keys immediately.

Mine was a dupe, and the only times I've gotten them to respond to emails was when I threatened chargeback (which I'm probably still going to do since they've yet to give me a working key or refund).

It's also available on kinguin for cheaper.

bread's done
Back