Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You can now play your very own "original character do not steal it is copy righted character oh god someone just took my original character and drew him eating a hamburger, i am Blonic the hedgehog"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5x1yL2kGT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fGFjoeyc6I

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody explain the mobile authenticator thing to me. Do you have to use your phone to log into Steam every single time you access it? How does that work? I

Somebody explain the mobile authenticator thing to me. Do you have to use your phone to log into Steam every single time you access it?
Every time you enter your password. How often that is depends on the cookies and how often you use that device to access Steam. Also, you need it to approve any market transactions unless you're using 3rd party programs.

How does that work?
About as well as it sounds.

Every time you enter your password. How often that is depends on the cookies and how often you use that device to access Steam. Also, you need it to approve any market transactions unless you're using 3rd party programs.

About as well as it sounds.
Yeah, that's why I haven't done it yet, then, and probably will continue not to.

New Origin on the house game:

Dead in Bermuda

Bundled before I think
In Bundlestars Nemesis and that overpriced Wingamestore anniversary bundle for Steam.

I only use the client and mobile and I never need to authenticate other than market stuff. I'm pretty sure even when I was accessing steam via a browser on my phone I never needed to reauthenticate after the first time.

As I said, it seems to depend on your browser and device.  I always use my home PC so it very rarely logs me out.  When it does, i need my phone to log back in but that's maybe once every month or so.

I rarely look at Steam on my tablet but, when I do, I almost always have to log in (requiring my phone).  If it's been longer than a few days, I seem to lose the cookie (or Steam doesn't accept it).

My work PC browser is set to clear cookies upon closing so any day I want to access Steam from work on my PC, I need my phone.

You can now play your very own "original character do not steal it is copy righted character oh god someone just took my original character and drew him eating a hamburger, i am Blonic the hedgehog"
e2e.jpg

Not gonna lie though, I want it.

The most important detail (which they neglected to mention - as usual) is whether this will only affect new games, or whether it has been (or will be) applied to games already on the store.

Have not bothered with cards since they added the dang mobile authenticator thing and required you to login every week + use it to confirm your listings... it's not like we can use the useless steam wallet these days anyway with steam store pricing..

I think that's a good change overall. It seems like it will really only affect card drops with the crappy Greenlight & bundle-junk games. The bigger budget titles and popular indie hits should achieve Steam's new metric pretty easily.

I assume once the metric is hit idling will work the same way it always has. Although, I do wonder if you'd have to idle a game up to a certain time benchmark or if cards would all drop like they do now within the first 1.5-2 hours. Thankfully I'm all caught up in card drops for the moment. When does the new system kick in? Or has it already?

Asus or gigabyte 1070 founders?
Buy both and send me the one you like less. OK. Thanks.

Edit - slightly less snarky response: Pretty sure that's a reference design, so cards should be effectively identical. Base your decision on quality of support, freebies, etc. I have had solid experiences with both companies.

Valve fucking with card drops now :D

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1954971077935370845

Instead of starting to drop Trading Cards the moment they arrive on Steam, we're going to move to a system where games don't start to drop cards until the game has reached a confidence metric that makes it clear it's actually being bought and played by genuine users. Once a game reaches that metric, cards will drop to all users, including all the users who've played the game prior to that point. So going forward, even if you play a game before it has Trading Cards, you'll receive cards for your playtime when the developer adds cards and reaches the confidence metric.

Asus or gigabyte 1070 founders?
Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI are all on the same tier in terms of quality. For what it's worth I've had zero issues with my MSI mobo and 770 card for the three+ years I've had it. And when trying to decide I found praise and horror stories relating to all three companies. Mostly comes down to personal choice.

bread's done
Back