Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
There's an amazing deal for The Age of the Decadence on Gamersgate.
Historical lowest ever.

https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-TAOD/the-age-of-decadence - 80% - £4.68 - 5,70 € (on EU site)

Can't check US site without using a VPN, so I'm sorry for that.
$6.11 on USA site of Gamersgate at 80% off.

According to Google:

$4.68 is around $5.99 USD.

$5.70 Euros is around $6.39 USD.

All of this before any additional USD conversion fees on top of the above, if you're from USA.

Might be best just to buy from GG USA here for USA residents.

EDIT:

Crap, AshotP must be on the glitch case: kicked back to 75% off everywhere. :(

Just signed in and was about to buy it, until that.

It's been $7.49 before according to ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=age+of+decadence#/page:game/info?plain=ageofdecadence

Last edited by a moderator:
No, all the men look different:

DCnxUSTV0AEGi0D.jpg

Also, apparently the Game Grumps are part of this. At the very least the "teaser trailer" was released on their Grumpout channel, and the description lists the voice actors as being members of the Game Grumps and friends.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/654880/Dream_Daddy_A_Dad_Dating_Simulator/

And yes, this will be on Steam apparently. LOL
I hope the Asian daddy takes his baby off during cuddle time, otherwise it's going to be awkward.

No weeklies (at least not yet).  It's_happening_Ron_Paul.gif

On an unrelated note, but more in line with the real purpose of this thread, Mrs. R0Ck and I were waiting for new tires to be put on the car last weekend and went across the street for a bite to eat while we waited.  Pizza place was our best option and it was Marco's Pizza.  They're a chain, and I was super apprehensive as I thought they were along the lines of Hungry Howie's or similar; i.e. substandard to the usual chain pizza options.  However, I was pleasantly surprised that I found I really enjoyed the pizza.  It's definitely not NY style, but it was tasty, greasy in a good way, and had plenty of sauce (a personal requirement).  It turns out, we had one within delivery range of home, and we ordered from there (a different location from the one last weekend), and the pizza was comparably delicious.  So, in my pizza chain hierarchy, I now rank Marco's > Domino's > Papa John's > Pizza Hut.

Thoughts?  Also, anyone a fan of Jet's pizza?  I really like them too - took me some time to come around to this realization, as I have been a NY style pizza snob.

Sweet.  I can pair him up with my wife's Wonder Woman doll and they can go on hyperliberal snowflake antifa missions together as dates.

My local Marco's Pizza is located in a Family Video and you get a free movie rental with your pizza order.  Which sounds both awesome and hellish -- now, in addition to debating for 25 minutes what toppings to get, you can add another 90 minutes debating what movie.

I tried Jet's pizza once and hated it.  Don't remember why.  Maybe I just got a bad pizza but there's too many known good places I can order from to offer second chances.

No weeklies (at least not yet). It's_happening_Ron_Paul.gif

On an unrelated note, but more in line with the real purpose of this thread, Mrs. R0Ck and I were waiting for new tires to be put on the car last weekend and went across the street for a bite to eat while we waited. Pizza place was our best option and it was Marco's Pizza. They're a chain, and I was super apprehensive as I thought they were along the lines of Hungry Howie's or similar; i.e. substandard to the usual chain pizza options. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I found I really enjoyed the pizza. It's definitely not NY style, but it was tasty, greasy in a good way, and had plenty of sauce (a personal requirement). It turns out, we had one within delivery range of home, and we ordered from there (a different location from the one last weekend), and the pizza was comparably delicious. So, in my pizza chain hierarchy, I now rank Marco's > Domino's > Papa John's > Pizza Hut.

Thoughts? Also, anyone a fan of Jet's pizza? I really like them too - took me some time to come around to this realization, as I have been a NY style pizza snob.
Marcos gave me a free pizza after the super bowl this year and it was crap. And by crap I mean nothing spectacular. I like all pizza, including chains and frozen, and this offered nothing above those. It wasn't bad, just meh. A lot of people around here love it though and praise it over the chains, which is why I don't usually put too much stock in the opinion of pizza snobs (not saying you're one) who wax poetic about their non chain pizza place.

I recently got tires put on at BJs. They had the best price and no not member surcharge.

No weeklies (at least not yet). It's_happening_Ron_Paul.gif

On an unrelated note, but more in line with the real purpose of this thread, Mrs. R0Ck and I were waiting for new tires to be put on the car last weekend and went across the street for a bite to eat while we waited. Pizza place was our best option and it was Marco's Pizza. They're a chain, and I was super apprehensive as I thought they were along the lines of Hungry Howie's or similar; i.e. substandard to the usual chain pizza options. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I found I really enjoyed the pizza. It's definitely not NY style, but it was tasty, greasy in a good way, and had plenty of sauce (a personal requirement). It turns out, we had one within delivery range of home, and we ordered from there (a different location from the one last weekend), and the pizza was comparably delicious. So, in my pizza chain hierarchy, I now rank Marco's > Domino's > Papa John's > Pizza Hut.

Thoughts? Also, anyone a fan of Jet's pizza? I really like them too - took me some time to come around to this realization, as I have been a NY style pizza snob.
Marco's is good but it is also the most deceptively heaviest pizza in town. Even the thin crust. You have to be careful not to eat too much of you will be sorry afterwards. It's so dense it can give you really bad indigestion. Good pizza though! I recommend the thin crust.

Jet's is excellent. Top notch cafeteria style deep dish pizza with buttercrust corners. You're right, sauce is important. You want to ask for extra sauce at both of these places.

If you like bar style, good, greasy, thin pizza give Chanticlear Pizza a try if you can find one.

I still enjoy Papa John's pepperoni pizzas, but some of their ingredients are weird like the canadian bacon cube strips.

Around here, Pizza Man is excellent. Probably the best carry-out pizza you can order for under $10. They burn the cheese perfectly and their sauce is very tasty.

Toppers Pizza has been my personal favorite as of late. Their pizza crust itself isn't anything fancy, but their specialty pizzas can not be matched. The buffalo chicken pizza drizzled with buffalo sauce and ranch is my current #1 pizza. Their taco pizza is excellent too. Toppers is overpriced like $18.99 for a specialty but you can sign up for text coupons and get deals like $10 pies.

fuck Pizza Hut and Dominos. They are the worst.

Any thoughts on this monitor? I am looking for something in this size range with an HDMI port as a replacement for an old and now defunct monitor. I was hoping for built in speakers but that is not a deal breaker if this is a good buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-l24q-20-23-8-ips-led-hd-monitor-silver/5747424.p?skuId=5747424

Edit: Does an ultra-wide make sense in this size?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=psdc_1292115011_t2_B071SGQP1T
If you're coming from a 24" regular a 25" might seem small.

Marco's is good but it is also the most deceptively heaviest pizza in town. Even the thin crust. You have to be careful not to eat too much of you will be sorry afterwards. It's so dense it can give you really bad indigestion. Good pizza though! I recommend the thin crust.

Jet's is excellent. Top notch cafeteria style deep dish pizza with buttercrust corners. You're right, sauce is important. You want to ask for extra sauce at both of these places.

If you like bar style, good, greasy, thin pizza give Chanticlear Pizza a try if you can find one.

I still enjoy Papa John's pepperoni pizzas, but some of their ingredients are weird like the canadian bacon cube strips.

Around here, Pizza Man is excellent. Probably the best carry-out pizza you can order for under $10. They burn the cheese perfectly and their sauce is very tasty.

Toppers Pizza has been my personal favorite as of late. Their pizza crust itself isn't anything fancy, but their specialty pizzas can not be matched. The buffalo chicken pizza drizzled with buffalo sauce and ranch is my current #1 pizza. Their taco pizza is excellent too. Toppers is overpriced like $18.99 for a specialty but you can sign up for text coupons and get deals like $10 pies.

fuck Pizza Hut and Dominos. They are the worst.
I was going along with everything you said until you endorsed buffalo sauce with ranch. I am most definitely a wing snob, as I went to college in Buffalo, and Ranch does not belong near buffalo sauce. Bleu cheese is the only acceptable complement. [drops mic]

I wouldn't buy anything Lenovo.  They make crap.  Nor would I buy a monitor from Best Buy.  But I guess not everybody has the convenience of having a Microcenter near them.  Microcenter buys all sorts of monitors in bulk and has palettes of them sitting around the PC section, with good value prices. 

If you have to shop at Best Buy get a LG or something, and make sure you get them to price match it to Newegg or Amazon. 

Buying monitors at brick & mortar is always better than buying online too.  So that you have a place to exchange it in case you get any dead pixels or anything, which happens quite frequently.

Great game, highly recommend. Surprised it's coming to Steam, since it's a first-party exclusive. I guess they weren't happy with the sales once it went crossbuy on X1/W10 or this is a last desperate push for Season 4 funding.

The big question though is if this has crossplay with X1/W10 version. If it doesn't, I don't expect it to sell well/have an active population for very long.
I don't think they could make that work. They probably will be separate communities, and it would probably be a separate purchase for people who already own pieces of the 10 version.

Ugh can't decide if I wanna get Afterbirth+ For $12. Seems like a halfway decent deal.
I know a place you can get afterbirths much cheaper.

Any thoughts on this monitor? I am looking for something in this size range with an HDMI port as a replacement for an old and now defunct monitor. I was hoping for built in speakers but that is not a deal breaker if this is a good buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-l24q-20-23-8-ips-led-hd-monitor-silver/5747424.p?skuId=5747424

Edit: Does an ultra-wide make sense in this size?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=psdc_1292115011_t2_B071SGQP1T
Don't get an UltraWide smaller than 29in
My 29 is the height of my former 24 for reference I could see the benefit of a 34 video editing is pretty sweet on an UltraWide I like gaming too a lot of game support it but the cut scenes normally have side bars remicen of playing 4x3 content on a 16x9.
Also I have a 1070 no issues with any game maintaining UltraWide 1080 @60fps on ultra with exception of quantum break it dipped occasionally but nothing too awful .

I don't think they could make that work. They probably will be separate communities, and it would probably be a separate purchase for people who already own pieces of the 10 version.
Yeah, I just found out that Halo Wars: Definitive on Steam isn't crossplay with the X1/W10 version.

Game's going to be DoA then. My only hope is that Steam sales (which will probably be decent before the population plummets) will fund more content for existing players. But even that's unlikely as this seems like the traditional "okay, we're done making money on our platform from this piece of shit, let's make it non-exclusive now" approach MS has taken with a few games before it.

Anyone that likes eating that should die in a fire
He didn't die in a fire, but good news for you, the creator of that pizza actually died recently.

May he burn at the luau in Hell for all eternity.

I thought that might be the case.

Don't get an UltraWide smaller than 29in
My 29 is the height of my former 24 for reference I could see the benefit of a 34 video editing is pretty sweet on an UltraWide I like gaming too a lot of game support it but the cut scenes normally have side bars remicen of playing 4x3 content on a 16x9.
Also I have a 1070 no issues with any game maintaining UltraWide 1080 @60fps on ultra with exception of quantum break it dipped occasionally but nothing too awful .
Yep, coming from 24'' you want a 29''. The 25'' is going to be wider, but shorter in terms of height and going to feel smaller than the 24''.

Is there a particular reason you were looking at the Lenovo? The specs, you want to get it at best buy, etc.?

If you don't need something right away or don't mind dealing with refurb or used you can sometimes score a 29'' ultrawide for around the same price range (mine was a used-like new Amazon Warehouse Deals buy at $172).

Edit:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-29-ips-lcd-hd-219-ultrawide-monitor/4922000.p?skuId=4922000#tab=buyingOptions?bof=openbox

That one is on clearance new for $226 but they might have an open-box fair for as low as $179 near you.

I bought a monitor (Acer 24'') open box from Best Buy and I was happy with it. Arrived in like new condition. Was missing part of the power cord, but got a $15 credit from CSR to cover ordering it so in the end was happy. It's always best if they have it near you so you can look at it and test it in store, but having the option to return to BB if you order online is also nice.

Get that FRUIT off mah Pizza! Right now!

Actually just throw that whole thing away, you've ruined it. What a tragedy. RIP.
I only eat pizza with fruit on it.

Because tomato is a fruit

hahahhahahahha get it???????

Let's do soda vs pop instead of pizza for the 10000000000th time please, losers

I think some here preordered that Player unkowns game:

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/578080/PLAYERUNKNOWN%20SET

there's people paying 800€ for preorder stuff -_- WTF people.
I think Keeper sold his for way less than that. Now I wish I would have pre-ordered, but I would have sold mine off quickly too so it would have only been slightly less regret.

I think some here preordered that Player unkowns game:

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/578080/PLAYERUNKNOWN%20SET

there's people paying 800€ for preorder stuff -_- WTF people.

I'll eat pineapple on just about anything.  Chicken, pizza, breakfast cereal, a jelly doughnut, fried gerbil brains, etc.

You've never had the basil fried rice? They usually throw in a few tomato chunks in the mix.
Now you're talking Thai food. If I'm going Thai, I'll usually get something like Pad Thai or Masaman Curry. I'm not into tomato in my fried rice. Also, too many Thai dishes have cucumber which is a non-starter for me.

I think Keeper sold his for way less than that. Now I wish I would have pre-ordered, but I would have sold mine off quickly too so it would have only been slightly less regret.
Yeah he sold them cheap in comparison.. I wish I'd have bought them from him lol.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigindesura-etc-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/?view=findpost&p=13674097

All of that stuff is worth at least $700 total on the market.

Oh, looks like Gamersgate is officially starting their summer sale.  

Some all time lows (Subsiege) and other decent deals (Far Cry 4 Gold $27 or $26.10 if you buy base and SP separately).  

Might be worth a look for anyone with zgolds.  

I do not think anybody could have expected PuBG to explode the way it did.  The playerbase is huge now and plenty of folks have the cash to blow on crap like that.  Including a lot of streamers.  

I do not think anybody could have expected PuBG to explode the way it did. The playerbase is huge now and plenty of folks have the cash to blow on crap like that. Including a lot of streamers.
Yep, I've been waiting for that 25% off sale to return to GMG, but I don't think that's happening. With Steam's refund policy, I guess there was little risk in pre-ordering, but TBH I didn't even know the game was out until after release.

Looks like comics are coming to Steam. (leak from latest beta update)

and speaking of PC deals, finally got around to ordering new SSD:

AOV1dkk.png

bread's done
Back