Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I was hoping to get a really cheap Shadwen with the Frozenbyte collection bundle, but they had to add Has-Been Heroes to it which ruined my plan.
Yeah most of the good bundles I've found have some game thrown in that I don't want at a crap discount, or some worthless shit that no one should be buying at this point (Fallout 3 base game, srsly Bethesda?)

Some of the games that I was watching for a better discount on that were on sale for 33% off or similar last winter sale are not on sale now at all.  

http://store.steampowered.com/app/530700/Argo/

Free to play and just released today.

"Jump straight into combat in this official standalone FREE total conversion of Arma 3. Argo is a hardcore tactical first-person shooter, in which you fight across unrestricted terrain, and where a single bullet is all it takes. Master your craft to rank up and become (in)famous on the battlefield."

Co-op mode is on it, something to do for one bro-night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vo6nbmE5Fc

Seems like it got overlooked completely due to the Summer Sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fairly certain this is the cheapeast I've ever seen the Danganronpa games.

$27 for both games  :shock:

I've already played them both on Vita and I'm tempted to buy them again......

Highly recommend for anyone who enjoys mystery novel type games.  And games with violence. 

And teddy bears.

Bloodlines has been that price for the past couple of sales. Good ole Activision. fuck it, I think I'll just go ahead and get it. AP is still on sale at GameStop. Dead Cells is a few bucks cheaper on other sites (BundleStars, GameBillet, WinGameStore) for those interested in it. Thanks to a fellow bro for hooking me up with that $21.89 PUBG.
Bloodlines was just 4.99 the last few days on Gamestop (Steam key). It went back up to regular price today.

Some of the games that I was watching for a better discount on that were on sale for 33% off or similar last winter sale are not on sale now at all.
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was on sale last year, but no discount this year.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/530700/Argo/

Free to play and just released today.

"Jump straight into combat in this official standalone FREE total conversion of Arma 3. Argo is a hardcore tactical first-person shooter, in which you fight across unrestricted terrain, and where a single bullet is all it takes. Master your craft to rank up and become (in)famous on the battlefield."

Co-op mode is on it, something to do for one bro-night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vo6nbmE5Fc

Seems like it got overlooked completely due to the Summer Sale.
We bro nighted the alpha or beta or something. Wasn't that great then.

My PUBG GMG voucher is still working, I still dont know if it is linked to my account or not.

6db723cee3.jpg
Strange. Mine just says invalid.

It's almost as if Steam knows casuals will jump in on this sale + think they are getting great deals, when in fact anyone could've done better elsewhere and any other time when Steam actually has Not-Seasonal Sales.
Bingo! Its called lack of competition. Ewwwe- origin, ewwe uplay and look at what we get. Steam is bigger then ever.
you dont need to pander to the OG cag when there are 3 noobs in line to replace them.

Been reading neogaf and some people arent even aware that buying from 3rd party sites gives you steam keys. Humble bundle sales have been above avg this year.

Steam/Valve don't set sale prices being upset with them because publishers aren't discounting enough seems silly. The only real problem is that Steam is being a victim of its own success, massive discounts grew the PC gaming user base by huge numbers. Because of this though publishers know they have such a large audience on the platform they don't see the need to discount too much, they're going to get sales anyway and they would prefer not to devalue their IPs (which is arguably having the reverse effect for a lot of single player IPs).

With refunds being a thing now it's too much of a hassle to do flash sales etc so this is what we now have. Reasonable mediocrity.

Steam Summer Sale Haul - 2017:

Steam Purchases:

No games purchased so far directly through Steam.

Purchases Elsewhere - Steam keys, unless otherwise stated:

Dead Age - $2.99 from BundleStars.

Sea Dogs: To Each His Own (base-game) + The Caleuche DLC - $4.41 from Gamersgate.

Hard to be a God - $1.52 from Gamersgate.

Desperados 2 (GOG Version) - $2.49 from GOG.

Double Dragon Trilogy (GOG Version) - Free b/c of above purchase on GOG.

Steam Gifted:

Uncrowded -- which just became Steam-game number 1800 for me (on 6-23).

Special thanks:

To those gifting stuff to me; those pointing out good prices + sales & Hidden Gems; and other things of that sort!

Not sure what everyone is complaining about, I'm seeing more 75% and up discounts on my wishlist than i have in years.  Plus, even though there may be better deals elsewhere, none of the other sites have gabenbux.  We obviously aren't going to see the old deals anymore, probably should just be glad we got in on those flash sales when they were available.

Not sure what everyone is complaining about, I'm seeing more 75% and up discounts on my wishlist than i have in years. Plus, even though there may be better deals elsewhere, none of the other sites have gabenbux. We obviously aren't going to see the old deals anymore, probably should just be glad we got in on those flash sales when they were available.
This Summer Steam Same is, in many cases (especially on newer titles), flat-out weak. This is especially when its compared to usual Non-Seasonal Steam-sales, some past Steam Sales (Seasonal and Non-Seasonal), and sales elsewhere (GameStop, Gamersgate, and a few other places).

There's a few gems that are on par or better than past + other sales (i.e. Arx Fatalis is dirt-cheap at $1.24 on Steam, for those missing it and need a Ultima Underworld type of fix) - but, right now, those seem to be few + far between here.

When GOG, who is often known for not doing many 75% off or better deals, is doing better deals on stuff and even Gamersgate is beating them out in some deals (in which Gamersgate is VERY rarely competitive anymore, especially since Bethesda-Gate there) - yeah, something's up.

Steam is now the Amazon + Wal-Mart's of digital distribution. Valve (who owns Steam) + 3rd-party publishers (who have to give Steam 30% of all sales of their items anyways) know they really don't need to compete b/c of the casuals are just flat-out buying-up everything + everything anyways on Steam.

Eh, it's not as good as Huniepop. Are we just posting the cheapest smut we can find now?
Pretty much, I mean.. what else are we gonna buy?

I'm fairly certain this is the cheapeast I've ever seen the Danganronpa games.

$27 for both games :shock:

I've already played them both on Vita and I'm tempted to buy them again......

Highly recommend for anyone who enjoys mystery novel type games. And games with violence.

And teddy bears.
Yeah, I'll probably rebuy them on steam to support the dev, although Spike Chunsoft is terrible with steam release dates.. Ultra Despair Girls is releasing during the summer sale, which is bad foresight. Same shit happened with Zero Time Dilemma. I get that they want to have a simultaenous launch with console, but that can easily be fixed by pushing all versions back for 1-2 weeks.

FYI Amazon is price-matching some of the Steam sale prices.  Might be useful if you have Bing credit or like me have some of those $1 no rush shipping credits.  

Steam is now the Amazon + Wal-Mart's of digital distribution. Valve (who owns Steam) + 3rd-party publishers (who have to give Steam 30% of all sales of their items anyways) know they really don't need to compete b/c of the casuals are just flat-out buying-up everything + everything anyways on Steam.
Very true... You don't have to compete as hard when your the top of the food chain. People just show up because they know you exist. (Luckily, Steam isn't a closed system so people can still buy games outside of Steam and hunt for the deals.)

All that said I do feel like the best deals in gaming might not be on PC anymore if your looking for AAA titles... Everyday the front of CAG is showing deals for games that have never been that cheap on Steam. (Granted, if I looked at isthereanydeal everyday I would likely find similar deals on PC.)

ANyhow, I'm seeing deals good enough to spend some money on... So I'm not really complaining.

PS I have a GMG vouhcer also for Playerunknown. Hit me up via PM if someone wants it. (aka you pay me and I buy it for you as I'm pretty sure they are account linked.)

GMG LOOTBOXES ARE BACK!

BEST DEAL IS THE 30-PACK FOR ONLY $19.99!

CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR 20% OFF CODE TO BRING LOOTBOX DOWN TO $16!

https://www.greenmangaming.com/loot-boxes/

Once you’ve unlocked the Level 30 Loot Box - 30 Pack, you will receive 30 titles which can be redeemed immediately. Who knows, you may get lucky and pick up something from the list below:

• $2 credit
  • $20 credit
  • $50 credit
  • $500 credit
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
  • Tekken 7
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Dawn of War III
  • Overwatch
  • Battlefield 1 
  • Mirrors Edge Catalyst
  • Titanfall 2
  • Project Cars GOTY
  • Need for Speed

Has anyone had any experience with the gmg loot boxes?  They sent me a 30% off code and wondering if using it on the lv30 box is tantamount to lighting $14 on fire

Has anyone had any experience with the gmg loot boxes? They sent me a 30% off code and wondering if using it on the $30 box is tantamount to lighting $21 on fire
It's like lighting $21 on fire, trying to poop on it and having the flames burn your ass hairs. Amusing for others to laugh at how dumb you were, but you just wind up with some burnt stinky shit and butthurt.

How much do you need thirty copies of Lifeless, Corporate Lifestyle Simulator and Chainsaw Warrior?

Alright, so after the disappointment of my initial wishlist, I scrapped most of it and here are my likely cheap purchases this sale (posting just in case anyone is interested in them too):

Dead Secret - $5.99 (60% off of $14.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/402260/Dead_Secret/

This one is a maybe, mostly because it is VR too (you get a code to unlock the OR version with purchase it says) so I want to make sure the positive reviews aren't just people saying it's good for a VR game and not a good game overall.

Roots of Insanity - $2.44 (65% off of $6.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/598440/Roots_of_Insanity/

Reasonably priced horror game, quick price drop (released this April).  Probably prime bundle candidate.

Radiation Island - $1.01 (66% off of $2.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/307940/Radiation_Island/

Probably stupid, short, and pointless, but mostly positive reviews and $1.  

Dead End Road - $.74 (75% off of $2.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448580/Dead_End_Road/

Positive reviews, different type of horror game and only .74 cents.  The price of a NON-PREMIUM soup. 

The Black Watchmen - $2.50 (75% off of $9.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/349220/The_Black_Watchmen/

This is an Alternate Reality Game, which is one where you interact with websites and other stuff to solve puzzles.  I have horrible history with these, meaning I've bought two and never finished them and I assume those are long dead (Missing: Since January and Evidence: The Last Ritual).

Zombie Party - $1.99 (80% off of $9.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384500/Zombie_Party/

Rogue like action RPG so I'm probably going to hate it, but ZOMBIES!

Speaking of loot boxes, this month's PC Gamer Club freebie has arrived!

...one finger death punch.

So, here's a key for One Finger Death Punch: 07N60-BRRI0-L0FJ0

Alright, so after the disappointment of my initial wishlist, I scrapped most of it and here are my likely cheap purchases this sale (posting just in case anyone is interested in them too):

This one is a maybe, mostly because it is VR too (you get a code to unlock the OR version with purchase it says) so I want to make sure the positive reviews aren't just people saying it's good for a VR game and not a good game overall.

Roots of Insanity - $2.44 (65% off of $6.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/598440/Roots_of_Insanity/

Reasonably priced horror game, quick price drop (released this April). Probably prime bundle candidate.

Radiation Island - $1.01 (66% off of $2.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/307940/Radiation_Island/

Probably stupid, short, and pointless, but mostly positive reviews and $1.

Dead End Road - $.74 (75% off of $2.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448580/Dead_End_Road/

Positive reviews, different type of horror game and only .74 cents. The price of a NON-PREMIUM soup.

The Black Watchmen - $2.50 (75% off of $9.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/349220/The_Black_Watchmen/

This is an Alternate Reality Game, which is one where you interact with websites and other stuff to solve puzzles. I have horrible history with these, meaning I've bought two and never finished them and I assume those are long dead (Missing: Since January and Evidence: The Last Ritual).

Zombie Party - $1.99 (80% off of $9.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384500/Zombie_Party/

Rogue like action RPG so I'm probably going to hate it, but ZOMBIES!
Much appreciated. I have Radiation Island on my Shield TV, but I will probably double dip. Imagine a mash-up of Far Cry 3 and Fallout 3 with minimal production values, a paper thin narrative, repetitive character models, and a pointless emphasis on crafting. That's Radiation Island. And it's worth the asking price.

This Summer Steam Same is, in many cases (especially on newer titles), flat-out weak. This is especially when its compared to usual Non-Seasonal Steam-sales, some past Steam Sales (Seasonal and Non-Seasonal), and sales elsewhere (GameStop, Gamersgate, and a few other places).
Yup, even console new releases do better on sales. Plus they have resale value. Digital games should be cheaper; that's kinda the whole point of buying digital.

This one is a maybe, mostly because it is VR too (you get a code to unlock the OR version with purchase it says) so I want to make sure the positive reviews aren't just people saying it's good for a VR game and not a good game overall
I'd do halfsies with you on this if you don't need the oculus key.

SeasonalCAG Summer Haul So Far:

Picked up some really gems...

Claws & Feathers
The Treasures of Montezuma 5
Claws & Feathers 2
Operation: Matriarchy
MOAI: Build Your Dream
Rescue Team 1
Rescue Team 2
Rescue Team 3
Pinball FX2 - South Park Pinball
Pinball FX2 - Plants vs. Zombies™
Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics

Also need to Fakeybro something this sale in the AAA price bracket to play after Deus Ex: Mankind Divided what are recs:

Dead Rising 4
Prey
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Dishonored 2
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
BERSERK and the Band of the Hawk
Watch_Dogs 2
RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Our I could a couple of these cheaper/indie games to get them faster in a bundle for CAGs:

AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force
SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appetit!
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
Trillion
Pyre
Little King's Story
Heroine Anthem Zero
FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
BLADESTORM: Nightmare
The Technomancer
CODE OF PRINCESS

Got a 40% off for the 30 game loot box. Here's what I got:
Toybox Turbos
SCRAP GARDEN
FIVE CHAMPIONS OF CANAAN
QUESTRUN
CHRONICLES OF A DARK LORD EP 2
THE LAST PHOTON
RECOVERY SEARCH AND RESCUE
CROSS OF THE DUTCHMAN
SAVE JESUS
LEAD AND GOLD
COLIN MCREA RALLY
CYBERCITY 2157 THE VISUAL NOVEL
ANOMALY 1729 STEAM
JUMPING TANK
TRACKS OF TRIUMPH INDUSTRIAL ZONE
SPELLWEAVER CHRONICLES THE HOLY CHILD
ELVEN LEGACY
WAYOUT 2 HEX
BYE BYE WACKY PLANET
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE
MADROBOT X
TAXI
CAVEMAN WORLD MOUNTAINS OF UNGA BOONGA
WORLD SHIP SIMULATOR
REIGN OF BULLETS
URIZEN SHADOWS OF THE COLD
THE ASSKICKERS
THE DEED
CTU COUNTER TERRORISM UNIT
FIVE GUARDIANS OF DAVID

Not sure what everyone is complaining about, I'm seeing more 75% and up discounts on my wishlist than i have in years. Plus, even though there may be better deals elsewhere, none of the other sites have gabenbux. We obviously aren't going to see the old deals anymore, probably should just be glad we got in on those flash sales when they were available.
Agreed, they are never going to have deals like they used to ever again. However, I'm seeing a lot of stuff on my wishlist that is at the highest discount its ever gotten and seem to be decent deals for me.

It's like lighting $21 on fire, trying to poop on it and having the flames burn your ass hairs. Amusing for others to laugh at how dumb you were, but you just wind up with some burnt stinky shit and butthurt.

How much do you need thirty copies of Lifeless, Corporate Lifestyle Simulator and Chainsaw Warrior?
After all the packs I have bought, the only decent game I have ever received was The Black Death, which still was on sale for $5 once.

You forgot Unloved. I'm too lazy to give a link like Fox, but worth checking out if you like horror/wave based shooters.

bread's done
Back