Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Just a PSA for anyone who is considering using the Steam Link, Valve is pushing their Steam Controllers and have added an update to the Steam Link that makes it to where you have to go into your preferences in Steam on the PC and activate the Steam Links ability to use other controllers, and then you have to go into each game individually and turn off Steam Controller options, otherwise your right thumbstick won't work on any other controller.
What a bunch of fucking douche-nozzles!

Bundestar's Star Deal:

Dead Age - $2.99 (Beats Steam price)

Survive the zombie apocalypse with a “Final Fantasy” turn-based combat and permanent death! Manage survivors, craft materials, and make difficult decisions. Defend your camp against hordes of the undead to prevail in this non-linear rogue-lite (comparable to FTL). Innovative Indie Survival-RPG!

Very well reviewed. Head Up games, so will get bundled eventually.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/dead-age
Do they take GabeN bucks? Cuz I've got a bunch burning my ahole pocket

Yep, sacrifice made there too. My first star deal purchase, though I've Gilby'd quite a few (like Case Animatronics for $1).

It was $4.xx I think when I saw it on SD.
Would've been nice if RED5 worked on this, but can't win 'em all.

This price looks fine at $3, especially since it looks like this game can be a damn time-sink according to HLTB - https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=40998

Sounds like a cool mix of zombie apoc + RPG elements + FF-style TB combat here.

Easily sold on that concept.

EDIT:

Steam Summer Haul 2017 Updated:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals-level-up-1-disappointment/?p=13751678

Steam Summer Haul:

Steam Purchases:

No games purchased so far.

Purchases Elsewhere:

Dead Age [Steam key] - $2.99 from BundleStars.

Steam Gifted:

Uncrowded -- which just became Steam-game number 1800 for me.

Special thanks:

To those gifting stuff to me; those pointing out good prices + sales & Hidden Gems; and other things of that sort!

Last edited by a moderator:
Y u tri 2 Mak me Bai?
giphy.gif

I'm weak when it comes to time-sink RPG's, what can I say? [shrug]

Throw an interesting setting + combat system on top - makes me even weaker. [shrug]

If anyone who has played all the Ys games could recommend just one of them which one would it be?  I've had them in my wishlist forever and want to get one this time around to see if i'll like the series.  thanks!

Same price as the CE upgrade on steam. That's how it was a price mistake. Kind of pointless to buy for anyone that owned the base game already, but good price for anyone without it.
That's what I was wondering... I think most of us have the base game by now.

I don't think I'm done buying but I feel the need to post now instead of later on a few things...

Dead Cells, Yup, its early access. I'm not sure how much I'll play till they get it done but its freaking truly amazing. Its got such an amazing Castlevania feel that the first thing I tried to do was to destroy the torches. I think the layout changed a bit with each death too but this might have just been me misremembering. If you want to go toss 11 bucks (WinGameStore.com) at a small worthy publisher I feel you could do much better than these guys.

Not so much a deal but HotS... I played it for four hours last night in an effort to get my wings for D3. I'm not a huge MOBA fan, having just played this one and Smite, but I feel like I like this one better... I still felt rather lost at the end of it all but I can see myself playing with friends. I'm not sure about random strangers.

Lastly, I got The Crew (the Ultimate pack is like 17 bucks and comes with the season pass and the expansions) and I have to say I like it too... I don't think its ever going to be remembered as a classic. I feel the driving simulation is a bit too far on the arcadey side for my liking but its been really solid. Its got an actual story that's like B movie bad in a good way... And, oh, fuck have I seen some pure awesomeness in the cut scenes.

I really want to stress that I'm enjoying this game... I really want to stress that cause this video is just too epic not to share and, well, it doesn't paint the game in a good light.

Anyhow, I had this happen to me each time I started the mission... (I replay everything till I get a hold medal.) Note: This is a cut scene so it didn't affect gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YERFOx_3-R8

If anyone who has played all the Ys games could recommend just one of them which one would it be? I've had them in my wishlist forever and want to get one this time around to see if i'll like the series. thanks!
I'm in your same situation and for what I've read it seems YS Origin would be the best choice.

SeasonalCAG COD Educator:

Yeah you are right about MP on IW played the free weekend also and couldn't get into like BLOPS3. I heard the SP is good and have played every COD up to this point so I was going to get this at sometime anyways. MW remastered and IW SP was a nice bonus but they need to remastered the greatest COD which is MW2 after that everything went downhill.
I loved BLOPS 1. I bought BLOPS 3 and couldn't get into it at all. The campaign was awful. The best thing about it is the zombies mode.

Dead Cells, Yup, its early access. I'm not sure how much I'll play till they get it done but its freaking truly amazing. Its got such an amazing Castlevania feel that the first thing I tried to do was to destroy the torches. I think the layout changed a bit with each death too but this might have just been me misremembering. If you want to go toss 11 bucks (WinGameStore.com) at a small worthy publisher I feel you could do much better than these guys.
Also bought Dead Cells from WinGamesStore. Absolutely loving it.

I think I might come out of this Summer sale believing Dead Cells was the best purchase I've made. I've just barely played it, but I can tell it's one of those rare 'early access' games that's easily worth an early investment. Controls feel good, it feels tough but not unfair, and I can't help but notice the Dark Souls/Bloodbourne/Castlevania similarities.

I ended up using my WGS credit (finally!) and picked it up for $8.69, so it was an easy decision for me. I still might've considered buying with Steam Wallet even with the current measly -15% off discount.

We have enough now, I think Parallacks, Bah, Reds and I own it so I think we'll schedule it soon.
There is no 2 vs 2 (player) mode yet... but its suppose to be coming as a free update. I think they've slowed publishing updates cause the Switch version is falling farther and farther behind. They're having issues getting that patch out, I suspect because Nintendo hasn't released some sort of multiplayer patch for the Switch itself? (No one really knows whats going on right now... Other than the PC/Xbone/PS4 are all getting patched quickly... With the PC leading the way.)

I also own it... but I'm sadly rarely on at nights. :(

Piratebro deals:

Sea Dogs - To Each Their Own:

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SEA-DOGS-TO-EACH-HIS-OWN/

$4.41 - Well reviewed Pirate RPG

Blood and Gold Caribbean:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/blood-gold-caribbean

$4.99 - Not so well reviewed Pirate RPG

Hard to be a God:

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HTBAGW-STEAM/hard-to-be-a-god

$1.52 - Well reviewed non-pirate RPG

All cheaper than Steam sale.
Dammit, Fox!

You're always pointing out good deals!

Sea Dogs: To Each His Own comes w/ a DLC here and can take lots of hours - https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=31161

It's been $3.30 before on GG, if you ask ITAD...not sure if w/ that DLC or not, though - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=sea+dogs+to+each#/page:game/info?plain=seadogstoeachhisown

So does Hard to be a God, on being a time sink - https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=18741

ITAD says it's cheapest it has been - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=hard+to+be+a+god#/page:game/info?plain=hardtobeagod

Blood and Gold: Carribean has been cheaper on Steam before by $1 - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=blood+and+gold#/page:game/info?plain=bloodandgoldcaribbean

EDIT:

Buying Sea Dogs: TEHO + Hard to be a God. I did like Age of Pirates: CT (AKA Sea Dogs: CT), so, yeah....I'm in.

Not so much a deal but HotS... I played it for four hours last night in an effort to get my wings for D3. I'm not a huge MOBA fan, having just played this one and Smite, but I feel like I like this one better... I still felt rather lost at the end of it all but I can see myself playing with friends. I'm not sure about random strangers.
I been a HotS player since launch. I think I have like 12-14 champs left to buy. Playing with random people does give you some sort of matchmaking so you will be somewhat alright. Although what I recommend is playing the vs AI mode in beginner, do your quests (which you can do in AI Beginner) and find champs you enjoy playing. You can try each champ in the store. This way you will learn how the game works without getting your ass kicked.

So I bought Cities Skylines. Is any of the DLC really worth it or is it just well if you want more stuff to add to your city, buy it?

If anyone who has played all the Ys games could recommend just one of them which one would it be? I've had them in my wishlist forever and want to get one this time around to see if i'll like the series. thanks!
I'm in your same situation and for what I've read it seems YS Origin would be the best choice.
Origin and Oath in Felghana are the clear-cut best among the four games currently available on Steam. Felghana is longer for a single playthrough, but Origin has multiple playable characters with different story perspectives and fighting styles which adds some replay value. Other than that I remember the two games being fairly equal in terms of combat, platforming, music, etc. You can't go wrong with either.

It should be noted that Ark of Napishtim, while released after those two on Steam, was originally released before them. By comparison it feels pretty dated and there's a heavier focus on grinding. I think it would be more enjoyable if you were to play it prior to experiencing the superior sequels, but at the end of the day it's simply not as good. And if you only want the better game, grab Felghana or Origin.

As for Ys I & II, the combat is wildly different but still maintains the feel of the series. You can safely play those games later if you enjoy the others and are interested in seeing the series' roots.

Origin and Oath in Felghana are the clear-cut best among the four games currently available on Steam. Felghana is longer for a single playthrough, but Origin has multiple playable characters with different story perspectives and fighting styles which adds some replay value. Other than that I remember the two games being fairly equal in terms of combat, platforming, music, etc. You can't go wrong with either.

It should be noted that Ark of Napishtim, while released after those two on Steam, was originally released before them. By comparison it feels pretty dated and there's a heavier focus on grinding. I think it would be more enjoyable if you were to play it prior to experiencing the superior sequels, but at the end of the day it's simply not as good. And if you only want the better game, grab Felghana or Origin.

As for Ys I & II, the combat is wildly different but still maintains the feel of the series. You can safely play those games later if you enjoy the others and are interested in seeing the series' roots.
To add to this: Ys I + II is the hardest one of the series to get into because of its outdated "bump" style combat and its heavy focus on grinding. And the final boss can be incredibly hard to beat because of what happens when you hurt it. Falcom is super sadistic.

Note that if you play Origin, it'll spoil some of the backstory for Ys I + II.

Piratebro deals:
That reminds me. That Ubisoft pirate ship game (Skull & Bones) is going to have a beta and you can sign up for it now.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/skull-and-bones/

Also the Crew 2 has a beta coming soon also... you can sign up for it too.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-crew-2/

I been a HotS player since launch. I think I have like 12-14 champs left to buy. Playing with random people does give you some sort of matchmaking so you will be somewhat alright. Although what I recommend is playing the vs AI mode in beginner, do your quests (which you can do in AI Beginner) and find champs you enjoy playing. You can try each champ in the store. This way you will learn how the game works without getting your ass kicked.
I was playing with Vella (Demonhuntress) which I got for preordering Reaper of Souls... Played all the games with her since I needed to use a D3 character but I liked her allot. (I just lose my character in the mess of things, and my character seems to want to move up close on people when she's already in range. Wish I could "Root" myself like in the Diablos. Also wish I could lock my character in the middle of the screen but i had no luck with the options.)

SeasonalCAG PC Habitual Line Stepper:

So this just came in today...

EDs5XDm.jpg

Not to leave without some sort of Steam related deal:

PopCap Power Pack 88% off with 23 games in it and Complete the Set so cheaper if you own stuff from it.

As I've wandered through my discovery Queue this sale, I've come to an unsurprising conclusion.  There are a ton of awful games on Steam.

Sometimes it seems like the game developers pull random words out of a hat and everybody follows them. 

"This year we're making Zombie/retro/Rogue-like/RPGs !!!"  

So I bought Cities Skylines. Is any of the DLC really worth it or is it just well if you want more stuff to add to your city, buy it?
I'd recommend skipping the DLC until you play it for a while. C:S goes on sale extremely often, so if you decide you enjoy the game you'll have ample opportunities to pick up the add-ons later.

Personally, I think the base game is just fine. After Dark is probably the best DLC, although I haven't bit on Mass Transit yet. There's tons of Steam Workshop stuff you can add if you find yourself wanting more content as well.

is sea dogs like sleeping dogs on water?
LOL!

But...no. I'll explain more later.

EDIT:

Okay, so..."later" is here.

So, if Sea Dogs TEHO is like any of the other Sea Dogs/Age of Pirates games - you basically go to town; get a crew; get some quests; go out into the ocean + get into naval warfare; board ships + swashbuckle + take their loot & ships (or sink the ship).

Sea Dogs games feel like a mix of Sid Meier's Pirates Remake (open-world naval combat + exploring); Mount + Blade (get a crew together + some quests in town); and the AC4 naval + ship boarding (but not as good as AC4's combat). A lot of different elements going on here, not all fleshed-out at their best - but there's a ton of different elements.

It's the whole ambitious "sum of its parts" thing that's going on here that makes the game what it really is, which is common of many Russian games from some years back (i.e. think of GSC's STALKER series + Deep Shadows' The Precursors & Xenus 1+2).

AoP: Caribbean Tales was fun, but got quite repetitive after a while (i.e. around the 10 hour mark) - a la think like Sid Meier's Pirates Remake.

Though, I have no clue how AoP: City of Abandoned Ships turned-out (have it, but ain't played it); the original Sea Dogs (have it, but barely played it - just made sure it worked); and of course Sea Dogs: TEHO turned out (since I just bought it!).

Piratebro deals:

Sea Dogs - To Each Their Own:

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SEA-DOGS-TO-EACH-HIS-OWN/

$4.41 - Well reviewed Pirate RPG

Blood and Gold Caribbean:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/blood-gold-caribbean

$4.99 - Not so well reviewed Pirate RPG

Hard to be a God:

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HTBAGW-STEAM/hard-to-be-a-god

$1.52 - Well reviewed non-pirate RPG

All cheaper than Steam sale.
i think ive wishfully looked at both pirate games before, and the significant negative reviews have scared me off each time. Buggy old games become buggier with age, new hardware, new windoze, new directx. i really really want a good pirate game

Man, I can't have been the only person hoping for a better VR haul.  This shit makes me just wanna pack up my ORift and sell it at a flea market or something.

I'd recommend skipping the DLC until you play it for a while. C:S goes on sale extremely often, so if you decide you enjoy the game you'll have ample opportunities to pick up the add-ons later.
Agreed. There's tons of very well made extra buildings and stuff in the Workshop so the only reason to buy a DLC is for the major mechanics changes: Day/Night, Disasters, etc. The core game holds up very well though that you don't need to dump new stuff on it before you play it.

Although the DLC does go on sale fairly often, it's also usually a weak sale -- even their several year old After Dark is only 50% off so there isn't much risk to waiting. It'll be on another lame sale soon enough.

Agreed. There's tons of very well made extra buildings and stuff in the Workshop so the only reason to buy a DLC is for the major mechanics changes: Day/Night, Disasters, etc. The core game holds up very well though that you don't need to dump new stuff on it before you play it.

Although the DLC does go on sale fairly often, it's also usually a weak sale -- even their several year old After Dark is only 50% off so there isn't much risk to waiting. It'll be on another lame sale soon enough.
Thanks, sounds good. I didn't have any plans to buy the DLC, just wanted to be sure that the community found nothing essential to buy.

I was thinking about the Steam sale and realized that I can't even think of any games I really want right now. So, I looked at what the highest rated games this year have been and was pretty shocked to see that the 2 highest rated games after Zelda and Persona 5 were 2 that I hadn't heard much buzz about: What Remains of Edith Finch and Nex Machina. They both sound like things I'd like and they're both around $15 on the Steam sale so I may end up picking those up. They do both seem like games that will be in either a humble monthly or a PS+ free game eventually though. I guess they're also good candidates to be $10 or a little less by the end of the year so I could probably wait. 

I'm kinda in the mood to buy something and PUBG from GMG is the only thing I've grabbed so far. I don't even really like Dark Souls, but I'm tempted to get the Humble Monthly this month to make up for this mediocre sale.

i think ive wishfully looked at both pirate games before, and the significant negative reviews have scared me off each time. Buggy old games become buggier with age, new hardware, new windoze, new directx. i really really want a good pirate game
header.jpg

As I've wandered through my discovery Queue this sale, I've come to an unsurprising conclusion. There are a ton of awful games on Steam.

Sometimes it seems like the game developers pull random words out of a hat and everybody follows them.

"This year we're making Zombie/retro/Rogue-like/RPGs !!!"
*checks activity feed*

I've got a thick bezel. :D/

Also known as a Hanns-G 28" 1080p budget widescreen monitor.

Hey, not all of us can be blessed with sleek, small... 4K monitors.
I had a 28" hanns-g (it was before 16x9 took over so it's 1920x1200) from the era of horrible capacitors that died after a year. I kept meaning to fix it, but I'm about as good at clearing that backlog as I am at working on my gaming backlog.

Shadow of Mordor GotY for $3.99 if you're one of the 10 people that haven't bought it yet
I got it from a cag for more than that when I missed the 2.50 glitch and I still haven't touched it.

Are there any cheap games with good graphics someone could recommend. I haven't really pushed my 1070 since I got it. Been too busy playing Terraria. I was thinking about getting Ryse with my Gabe Bucks 

bread's done
Back