Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Last night, the bros played Road Redemption, which is like Road Rash.  Fun game.  We spent 2 hours running around racing and trying to kill each other.  We got two Sasquatch's that joined us, which was a first, and the legend Berdybloo made a couple of appearances.

Then we switched to KF2 where we "helped" each other get our dailies, and by help, we died miserably every single fucking time on Suicidal, so we switched to Hard to help Bah get his daily and DIED THERE TOO!  I hadn't seen us play this horrid since the week it got monthlied and all the noobs were level 1.  

Tonight we hopefully finish Human Fall Flat.  Now that we know how to climb, half of us won't be trapped on one side of the stairs while Jimbo and Syntax try to finish the puzzle. 

The Sasquatch thing was amusing: Sasquatc4 came into Discord and asked to join, so I went to my friends list and clicked DrSasquatch on accident.  Normally, that would be quickly resolved but as it turned out DrS not only owned the game but also was receptive to playing with us so the next five minutes were a "Who's on first?" roundtable of "Invite Squatch", "I did invite him", "Oh, I invited the wrong Squatch, let me invite Sasquatc4", "Ok, DrSasquatch is on your team", "Wait, I thought I invited Sasquatc4", etc

But eventually we got it figured out and spent a couple hours on the game so it was all good times.  Except you can't decapitate with an axe which is total lameness.  Also, Spoder's controller's batteries died costing us a win thus demonstrating the total and uncontested dominance of wired input devices.

KF2 was awful.  I have no idea what was wrong with us.  If not for the geographic issues, I'd have guessed someone added laudanum to the ground water.

Indiegala giveaway.

But ended not long after he posted.

EDIT:

But now it came back.
Ah, thanks, it's there now. I spent a few minutes searching the store for combinations of Trolley, Golden, or Shower and failed miserably.

Then we switched to KF2 where we "helped" each other get our dailies, and by help, we died miserably every single fucking time on Suicidal, so we switched to Hard to help Bah get his daily and DIED THERE TOO! I hadn't seen us play this horrid since the week it got monthlied and all the noobs were level 1.
KF2 was awful. I have no idea what was wrong with us. If not for the geographic issues, I'd have guessed someone added laudanum to the ground water.
I'd wager that you jerks blamed your medic, even though you jerks ran off to the other side of the map on your own.

Squad free weekend is live, DL is 29 gigs.

*edit* looks like it is a 9.8gb download but will unpack to 29.  Whatevs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd wager that you jerks blamed your medic, even though you jerks ran off to the other side of the map on your own.
Yeah, the medic-ing sucked balls. I think at one point someone called out, Pallalacks heeaaaalll me. no heals came. At which point syntax said "typical parallacks"

Last night I doubt DFG or Goose could have saved us.

Yeah, the medic-ing sucked balls. I think at one point someone called out, Pallalacks heeaaaalll me. no heals came. At which point syntax said "typical parallacks"

Last night I doubt DFG or Goose could have saved us.
I used to be medic when played during EA. I can try again here

Good price in Pakistan. Probably not giftable tho.

mED8zJn.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304530/Agents_of_Mayhem/?cc=pk

I'm not sensitive at all.  It's funny how I've played Heathstone against other people in this thread, have lost, and not had any issues.  The guy just made a semi-dickish comment and then 'slow-rolled' at the end (this is generally frowned upon unless you're intentionally trolling people).  Although this behavior isn't surprising in light of his continued comments in the thread.

/drama

I'm not sensitive at all. It's funny how I've played Heathstone against other people in this thread, have lost, and not had any issues. The guy just made a semi-dickish comment and then 'slow-rolled' at the end (this is generally frowned upon unless you're intentionally trolling people). Although this behavior isn't surprising in light of his continued comments in the thread.

/drama
What was the semi-dickish comment? Did he call you Nooby? Has anyone called you Nooby? That's what I would call you if I was trying to make fun of you.

What was the semi-dickish comment? Did he call you Nooby? Has anyone called you Nooby? That's what I would call you if I was trying to make fun of you. Are you a Nooby, Mooby? That's funny: Nooby Mooby. Ha ha LOL. So seriously, did he call you Nooby? 'Cause I think that would be dickish. Man, I would never do that.

Nooby. Ha!
Fixed

So today a blue vertical line showed up on my monitor and it persists with the monitor disconnected from my PC so I guess the monitor has decided to commit suicide now that it's GPU friend kicked the bucket. I bought it in 2010 so I guess it lasted long enough. This does make me think I need to go 1070 or 1080 though instead of 1080TI. Oh well.

So anywho... I know some of you have ultrawide monitors and I was wondering how you like them. Any complaints, any issues with games being annoying to play due to not supporting them? I am leaning towards a 34" curved monitor in some flavor. My dying monitor is a 27" so I am guessing switching to ultrawide would irritate me if I went smaller than that.
Most of the games I come across support UW. KF2, PUBG2, almost every new AAA game. Every now and then you will find a game that might revert to 1920x1080 with black bars, so coming from a 24'' monitor to a 29'' it just reverts to what I used to have. It's annoying, but that's about it. Not sure if that's more of an issue with a curved screen, but going from 27'' to 34'' you'll be fine as it will just revert to a 27'' on games without UW support.

Forget Hearthstone, if anyone wants to play a real man's card game, Pokemon TCGO, let me know  :lol:

I was addicted to that game for a while, but have since moved on to PUBG.  The constant new expansions killed it for me.  My son still loves it though.

Forget Hearthstone, if anyone wants to play a real man's card game, Pokemon TCGO, let me know :lol:

I was addicted to that game for a while, but have since moved on to PUBG. My son still loves it though.
I read this as "My son still loves me though."

Mooby blocked me PMing him on CAG so here it is

Hey man,
Sorry if I came across as a jerk there. I recognized the deck you were playing as discard warlock which is countered by my Quest warlock and was just having fun. Didn't realize that you were going to be so sensitive so I just want to formally apologize. My bad.
what make you assume that Mooby is a man? :speaktothehand:

I finally got a new CPU cooler installed after it came in the mail today.  Idle CPU temps drop from 60-65C  :bomb: to 28-30C  :cold: .  Hopefully my system will be a tad bit more stable.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Heatsink-Cooling-Processor/dp/B00ZEOFVIS

Upgraded from stock. I think the fan attached to the cooler was going bad as well.
I have this and a FX-8350

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-tx3-evo/

Got it two years ago, nothing goes over 60 on load and its in the low to mid teens on idle. The only thing that sucks about it is the AMD bracket is a fucking pain to get on, but once its on you dont have to take it off unless you want to change the thermal paste. The TX3 is discontinued now, but I cant recommend it enough for air cooling.

Im going liquid on my new build but the TX3 was a great investment.

Rechargeable lithium ion batteries have been a thing for a while. Heck my Logitech Performance MX came with a Sanyo Eneloop in it. I can recharge with the USB cable, or when I forget, take 10 secs to swap in a freshly charged one from the pile.
Yeah, eneloops can last for years, and these days wireless mice can last a week or longer on one or two batteries depending on the mouse you get.

My mouse has a cord because it's never out of the 12"x18" area it stays in and the cord has never caused me any issues.

Batteries might be rechargeable, etc but it's still one more thing to think about for zero benefit.
There is a benefit, not having to "feel" the cord. I've been using a G700 since 2009 or 2010 and haven't had any issues with it, and I connect it via wired if I forget to charge spare batteries. I always "feel" the cord when I'm moving it around and it's annoying, despite never leaving the small area it stays in. Maybe some people are comfortable with a cord, but there's a noticeable difference not having one for me. I'd never buy a mouse that isn't wireless.

Yeah, eneloops can last for years, and these days wireless mice can last a week or longer on one or two batteries depending on the mouse you get.

There is a benefit, not having to "feel" the cord. I've been using a G700 since 2009 or 2010 and haven't had any issues with it, and I connect it via wired if I forget to charge spare batteries. I always "feel" the cord when I'm moving it around and it's annoying, despite never leaving the small area it stays in. Maybe some people are comfortable with a cord, but there's a noticeable difference not having one for me. I'd never buy a mouse that isn't wireless.
You just need a bungee.

My last cordless was a G700 too. That thing worked well, but it required a battery change nearly daily.

I ordered my G500 USB Wired Mouse last night. Can't wait 'til it arrives. Looking forward to see how I think it'll compare to the G403 and G600.

I always "feel" the cord when I'm moving it around and it's annoying, despite never leaving the small area it stays in. Maybe some people are comfortable with a cord, but there's a noticeable difference not having one for me. I'd never buy a mouse that isn't wireless.
The term for that is "psychosomatic".

But I ain't trying to convince anyone to use a wired mouse (maybe if you used a wired controller we would have won last night though *cough*cough*) just saying that it ain't no big deal. I used to use an MX Revolution which was wireless so it's not a "If you only knew what you were missing" thing -- it just isn't anything that registers with me.

The term for that is "psychosomatic".

But I ain't trying to convince anyone to use a wired mouse (maybe if you used a wired controller we would have won last night though *cough*cough*) just saying that it ain't no big deal. I used to use an MX Revolution which was wireless so it's not a "If you only knew what you were missing" thing -- it just isn't anything that registers with me.
I don't even know anyone that uses pure wired controllers anymore, but the Xbox One controller (which I was using) can technically be used wired. That was just a case of me being too lazy to charge batteries, and for some reason it's detected differently when connected via cord. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's Dinput when wired and Xinput when wireless so the game wouldn't detect it when plugged in until I restarted. You would have won last time if my batteries didn't die because I was carrying the team lol.

Cable drag is common for wired mice though. The bungee that Fox linked yesterday probably helps to some extent, but I don't know if it would work with the way my desk is set up and it adds to the cost of the mouse. Not a bad alternative, but I'll always prefer wireless.

God guys...

Who cares if your mouse is wired, can't we talk about something important, like whether or not Mooby is a sore loser?

That was just a case of me being too lazy to charge batteries, and for some reason it's detected differently when connected via cord. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's Dinput when wired and Xinput when wireless so the game wouldn't detect it when plugged in until I restarted.
Yea they do, when my elite died last night and plugged it in it was the first time since the fall update and it registered as a new device. However RR picked it up without a hitch once it was installed. I think previously that may have been an issue but maybe the fall win10 update changed something

I can imagine where the scrawny nerd stereotype comes from if you all can't manage to move a string around without it being a notable issue :lol:
One day I'm going to convince everyone to change their name to a variation of sasquatch. You'll never be able to tell us apart, because old men apparently can't tell the difference from one sasquatch and another.

bread's done
Back