Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
How old are you? Add like a instagram filter or fb frame and boom, you're done.
I didn't even know that there were filters or apps to handle crap like that. I just assumed that people drew the Santa hats and rain dear antlers by hand in paint or Photoshop or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't the ESRB just create a new rating for 21 and over?
Well, they could but that wouldn't satisfy what Rep Lee is after since ESRB ratings don't carry force of law. There's no legal penalty for selling kids games with an AO rating from the ESRB. It's strictly a voluntary industry thing.

Steams winter sale event? Actually it's todays sale lol

header.jpg

Looks like there's 10 prizes

Old Man's Journey
NBA 2K18
NBA 2K18 - Legend Edition Gold
Portal
Portal 2
Night in the Woods
Project CARS 2
TEKKEN 7
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (DLC)
XCOM 2 + XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Combo

Hopefully it's craft for chances to win to inflate card prices :)

Tonight we're playing Human: Fall Flat, uh, Christmas edition.  It's an update to the base game so if you own it, drop on in and help us load sleighs or whatever makes up a Christmas update. 

Steams winter sale event? Actually it's todays sale lol

header.jpg

Looks like there's 10 prizes

Old Man's Journey
NBA 2K18
NBA 2K18 - Legend Edition Gold
Portal
Portal 2
Night in the Woods
Project CARS 2
TEKKEN 7
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (DLC)
XCOM 2 + XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Combo

Hopefully it's craft for chances to win to inflate card prices :)
So I see the sale is up and running, but I don't see anything about a giveaway for games. Where did you find this and is there any more information on the specifics regarding the giveaway?

So I see the sale is up and running, but I don't see anything about a giveaway for games. Where did you find this and is there any more information on the specifics regarding the giveaway?
I'm sure it has more to do with watching the live stream than crafting badges.

Nope. Probably watching live stream?

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/938834664642428928

Glad I never bought DMC3SE!

That said I hope all of you guys who already own it get a discount. But it's Capcom, so I doubt it.
Never bought it on Steam, but do have it from retail on 5 CD's.

Never played DMC3SE.

Anyways, glad to see the entire HD Collection come to the PC.

Meh. DMC collection came out like five years ago on PS3.

Does anyone still play Battleborn on Steam? I have the PS4 version but my group stopped playing with me and am having a hard time finding good players. I would be willing to move over to the PC version if that's the case.

Meh. DMC collection came out like five years ago on PS3.
Nothing wrong w/ dev's and publishers re-releasing a game, re-release, big collection, etc to a platform that it hasn't been on before.

Sure, DMC3 SE was on PC - but I don't think DMC1&2 were ever here.

Plus, now's the time to do it - especially since there's been rumors of a DMC5 true-blue sequel coming for a while now.

No offense, but it's idiotic to assume that DmC wasn't a "true" sequel just because they changed Dante's appearance and a few gameplay elements. I guess Metal Gear Solid V isn't a "true" sequel either. Or GTA V. Or anything else for that matter if that's your criteria.

You know what to expect from MysterD by now.

01. Mentions of owning older games from retail on CD, DVD, etc.

02. Repetition.

03. DRM discussions.

04. Platform discussions - i.e. Steam, Origin, GOG Galaxy, etc etc.

05. 75% off or wait for bundle on buying most games.

06. Go see #2 again.

07. How more games should come with SDK's to keep their lifespan going; especially MP-based games.

08. Poor business practices - i.e. content milking, loot boxes, MTX's, Season Passes, Re-Releases, etc.

09. Long-winded posts.

10. Insert any other MysterD-like discussions here.

Indef, it's sad if that's the case. I bet if you looked up the stats for Overwatch, it still has hundreds of thousands of players because the games media trashed Battleborn and praised Overwatch just because of the publishers behind it. fucking sheep. If the game media praised Battleborn or Blizzard published it, I guarantee that would be the more popular game now.

No offense, but it's idiotic to assume that DmC wasn't a "true" sequel just because they changed Dante's appearance and a few gameplay elements. I guess Metal Gear Solid V isn't a "true" sequel either. Or GTA V. Or anything else for that matter if that's your criteria.
Granted, I have yet to play DMC3 SE retail version (it's still in probably the eternal backlog) and only played a bit of DMC4 [original edition] from Steam - but did that DMC Reboot actually continue the on-going story from the old DMC's?

inb4 a 20 page dissertation about MysterD's opinions on Privateer, Privateer 2, and the whole Wing Commander series, with a brief mention of Star Citizen.

So at 6:44 Eastern it was OK to do re-releases, but 5 minutes later it's a poor business practice. Got it.

I think I'd prefer a season pass for loot boxes over seeing the same shit re-released over and over.

inb4 a 20 page dissertation about MysterD's opinions on Privateer, Privateer 2, and the whole Wing Commander series, with a brief mention of Star Citizen.
Y'all dodged a bullet.

No dissertation possible, since I ain't played ANY of those.

I did play both Starlancer and Freelancer. Starlancer was good, but I absolutely loved Freelancer.

Y'all dodged a bullet.

No dissertation possible, since I ain't played ANY of those.

I did play both Starlancer and Freelancer. Starlancer was good, but I absolutely loved Freelancer.
(looks around) Oh my... Freelancer was Microsofts poor attempt at Privateer. Pretty much confirmed I'm too old. Thanks. :(

So at 6:44 Eastern it was OK to do re-releases, but 5 minutes later it's a poor business practice. Got it.

I think I'd prefer a season pass for loot boxes over seeing the same shit re-released over and over.
It's more complex than that, as always.

Sometimes, I don't give much explanation. Sometimes, I do. So, I do need to get better at this.

Re-releases are a very tricky thing.

From me, as a consumer: I don't own DMC1&2 Regular or HD Editions period on any platform ever period.

Those games have never hit Steam.

So, yeah - I'm okay with DMC HD Collection coming to PC for especially those reasons.

From a developers & publishers point of view: it's probably in their best interest to put games on as a many platforms as possible and put out as many SKU's as possible. Heck, those consumers who might own it already on PS3, might also want it on Steam for PC now - so the dev's and pub's get those who don't mind the double-dipping/multiple-dipping.

Let's get The Game Awards going.

Announcements:

World War Z game. Developed by Saber Interactive.

Vacation Simulator. Developed by OwlCherry.

Smith and Smitherson Accounting Plus.

From Software teasing a new game....Bloodborne 2 maybe?

In the Valley of Gods announced by the Firewatch dev's.

The Legend of Zelda: A Champions' Ballad DLC....which is coming out tonight.

Soul Caliber 6 announced for STEAM, PS4, and X1.

Fade to Silence from Black Forest Games. Published by THQ Nordic. Coming next week Early Access to Steam.

Bayonetta 1 & 2 package is coming to Nintendo Switch.

Bayonetta 3 announced as a current Nintendo Switch exclusive.

Long-winded Death Stranding trailer.

A Way Out announced.

Dreams from Media Molecule.

New Desert Map for PUBG launches tonight at Midnight Pacific Time.

GTFO from 10 Chambers (Payday 1+2 dev's). 4 player co-op horror/survivor shooter.

Metro: Exodus trailer.

Pre-Show Awards:

Trending Gamer - Dr. Disrespect.

Best Score/Music - Nier: Automata

A bunch of awards thrown at once. Couldn't keep up.

Actual Show Awards:

Industry Icon - Carol Shaw (created games at Atari in the 2600 days).

Best Narrative - What Remains of Edith Finch.

Best Action Game - Wolfenstein II: TNC.

Best Art Direction, Best Indie Game, Best Debut Indie Game - Cuphead.

Best On-Going Game, Best E-Sports Game - Overwatch.

Best E-Sports Player - "Faker."

Best Student Game - Level Squared.

Game For Impact Award, Best Audio Design - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Best Performance - Melina Juergens for Hellblade (which is her 1st acting job).

Best Game Direction, Best Action-Adventure Game - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Game of the Year - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Indef, it's sad if that's the case. I bet if you looked up the stats for Overwatch, it still has hundreds of thousands of players because the games media trashed Battleborn and praised Overwatch just because of the publishers behind it. fucking sheep. If the game media praised Battleborn or Blizzard published it, I guarantee that would be the more popular game now.
Which annoying person was this? Bruticis? IATCG? The guy who thinks 1 x 1 = 2?

Best Score/Music - Nier: Automata

Best Narrative - What Remains of Edith Finch.

Best Action Game - Wolfenstein II: TNC.

Best Art Direction - Cuphead.
4 for 4 in predictions so far.

EDIT

The ones you missed:

Best Handheld Game - Metroid: Samus Returns
Best Sports/Racing Game - Forza Motorsport 7
Best VR/AR Game - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Oh, snap.

Soul Caliber 6 announced for STEAM, PS4, and X1.
Finally, Bandai has been on a roll with the PC games.
I can only hope it supports cross-platform play since fighting games tend to die faster on pc.

I never played Soul Calibur outside of a smasher so that would be fun to play with CAG.
Let's be real I would just learn the game and become a tournament player just to beat you guys

Edit:

Trailer for those that missed it

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/938966316785975296

bread's done
Back