Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Haven't seen any knock-my-socks-off amazing prices, but at least some of the discounts are better than the autumn sale. Scooped up Pathfinder Adventures since under $10 for the whole shebang works for me, and picked up Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition since sub-$10 is my price point for double dipping on Beamdog repackages. Plus the standard "Picking up CYOA games I missed".

Some old Ubisoft games are at all-time lows. Brothers in Arms pack is 75% off and the Prince of Persia games are 66% off.

EDIT: Cold Fear is 75% off too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen any knock-my-socks-off amazing prices, but at least some of the discounts are better than the autumn sale. Scooped up Pathfinder Adventures since under $10 for the whole shebang works for me, and picked up Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition since sub-$10 is my price point for double dipping on Beamdog repackages. Plus the standard "Picking up CYOA games I missed".
The Fighters tale: Valeros isn't included in the obsidian bundle. Thankfully it's only like $1.60 though.

Guys, seriously, buy this

J9ewxS9.png

I wish PUBG would have given the good players a Golden Embossed Chicken shirt for winning a bunch instead of every early playing pleb the same shirt :D

#elitism

Unless I'm missing some amazing glitch or hidden turd gem, Dark Souls 3 for $15 is the only solid thing I see.
It's not bad, but that's the same sale price Bandai Namco had on their site during their Cyber Monday week deals. And they had the Deluxe Edition on sale for $25.49 at that time as well.

Yay, Divinity: Original Sin did end up back on sale, was getting a bit pissy it wasn't on sale anywhere. Other than that, nothing standing out that didn't already see in Autumn. I mean I'm still going to probably end up spending way too much (already looking at $200ish, because reasons) but eh.

basically friend wants to play Wildlands with me, I want to pick up X-Plane, 50% Civ VI is looking really tempting, and been interested in the Lacrosse game that's 50% off. So like $100 already there if I grab everything and that's on top of the other stuff buying that's already at $100ish

You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner fuckin' year at the old Error family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey! Smoke up, Syntax!"

Alternate Entry:
The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple of hours went by. Dad wasn’t home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. And that’s when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He’d been climbing down the chimney on Christmas Eve, his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that’s how I found out there was no Santa Claus.
But the mogwai you got later made up for it, right?

hate to be that guy, but are the steam sales getting progressively worse? i mean, is there some actual metric we can use to see the amount of games being discounted and at what percent? i swear to fucking god i'm looking at my wishlist and i see less games on sale each time.

TEPID!

hate to be that guy, but are the steam sales getting progressively worse? i mean, is there some actual metric we can use to see the amount of games being discounted and at what percent? i swear to fucking god i'm looking at my wishlist and i see less games on sale each time.

TEPID!
Speaking as somebody who's already dropped $150 on this sale in just the first 5 hours, I heartily agree.

TEPID!
https://galyonk.in/steam-summer-sale-2016-12b5f3cac990

yes, steamspy usually analyzes the stats each year (though he hasnt updated since summer 2016), and average discounts have always been decreasing

tldr;

removal of flash sales also removed deep discount incentives, and once that happened devs realized they actually made more money selling at 50% and less discounts. So there is no reason for them to discount more heavily

IMHO Id attribute this to the same mentality as to why department stores have constant 'one day' sales and everything is always 'discounted'. The perception of a discount drives sales for the majority of people who dont actually look at historical data or research prices. To them seeing '50%!!!!!!!" is a good enough deal

Speaking of Telltale...

GOG Connect added more Telltale games to their selection:

https://www.gog.com/connect

TWD Season 1

The Wolf Among Us

Batman: The Telltale Series (AKA Telltale's Batman: Season 1).

+2 for me here for Batman: TTS and TWAU.

The sale is meh for a lot of us.  I am even thinking of buying Witcher 3 on GoG instead of Steam. 

For those interested, for Deus Ex Mankind Divided, check out the main page and it should have a complete you collection for Deus Ex.  This is acutally cheaper if you want the DLC for Mankind Divided providing you own Deus Ex titles.  For me it comes out to be $10.82 as I do not own The Fall vs. $13.48 for Mankind Divided w/Season Pass. 

Regarding the Telltale collection, I think Fox wanted Tales of Monkey Island.

The day of refunding everything bought during autumn sale that is cheaper and still possible to refund:

PJ968k8.png

vs

iirEjqL.png

(savings of 27€ or so)

I probably still gave ubisoft one day more against vivendi tho.

TEPID!
Welcome to three to five years ago, breh.

For those that have Pillars of Eternity and want the expansion packs:

Go to Pillars of Eternity page and check out the option:

Buy Pillars of Eternity - The White March Expansion Pass.  This option upgrades your edition to royal edition and includes White March 1 and 2.  This is cheaper than the option to upgrade the Definitive Edition, $15 vs $30.  The Deadfire pack is free DLC.

Don't forget to browse your queues for cards.  The voting thing is being highlighted so I almost forgot about the queue.

Planet Coaster is the only thing I find tempting. Part of me kinda thinks the base game might get bundled since they have a decent amount of DLC though.

TEPID!
I won't disagree that the sale kind of sucks.. but it's better than the last sale. So it's not worse than the autumn sale at least, it's a step up for me and I'll be spending most of my steam wallet this time vs. spending almost nothing a month ago.

Planet Coaster is the only thing I find tempting. Part of me kinda thinks the base game might get bundled since they have a decent amount of DLC though.
Yeah that price seems TOO good. It's on my wishlist and I want to buy it, but they went from 50% off to 75% off in 1 month, seems too suspicious.

You can get it with steelbook for under $2 at gamestop in store. Drawback: having to go to gamestop in store.

Why isn't Nier: Automata on sale?
YMMV when it comes to Physical PC games available at Gamestop. Also its like $1.50 on Steam right now so you're not saving much if you account for gas & willpower to enter closest gamestop with the game. Also gamestop doesn't accept Steambucks that I have for awhile

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23530/Earth_Defense_Force_Insect_Armageddon/

Earth Defense Force (janky old PC port version) is also 90% discount for $0.99

I won't disagree that the sale kind of sucks.. but it's better than the last sale. So it's not worse than the autumn sale at least, it's a step up for me and I'll be spending most of my steam wallet this time vs. spending almost nothing a month ago.

Yeah that price seems TOO good. It's on my wishlist and I want to buy it, but they went from 50% off to 75% off in 1 month, seems too suspicious.
Im guessing its because they are done with the base game for now and now focusing on expansions, so tryin to get that dlc monies. Knowing frontier they will still add stuff to the base but the majority of bigger additions will be in dlc from here on out

This is best steam sale yet.  1 card for voting and 3x cards going through you discovery queue every day.  That 1 extra card is the real deal.  I have been reselling cards from free games, steam sales, and friends for a couple years and build that credit buy games I want.

This is best steam sale yet. 1 card for voting and 3x cards going through you discovery queue every day. That 1 extra card is the real deal. I have been reselling cards from free games, steam sales, and friends for a couple years and build that credit buy games I want.
Can't tell if this is sarcasm.

This is best steam sale yet. 1 card for voting and 3x cards going through you discovery queue every day. That 1 extra card is the real deal. I have been reselling cards from free games, steam sales, and friends for a couple years and build that credit buy games I want.
Thanks GabeN!!!

I've heard of it.  Nice to see the old version is a buck.  The new version is probably like $40 after discount.  It has even more DLC.

Spike Chunsoft is having about 40% their VNs i.e. Danganronpa and Zero Escape series.  I think Spoder is the expert on this genre.  I wish this would get bundled, but I think this may be the best we will see unless waiting for next Spring or Winter Sale for a little more off.  

Buy Earthlock now, get Earthlock: Shouldhavebeen Edition free when it releases early next year.

It most certainly definitely probably won't ever never be bundled before they release the new version maybe.

bread's done
Back