Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Parallacks: Weiler, press Tab to enter the Underground with us.
Weiler: How would I know that? I've never had to hit Tab before in this game before.
Syntax: Wait. You're using a marksman rifle. How do you use your scope?
Weiler: My scope is attached.
Syntax: But how do you zoom in with the scope?
Weiler: How do I what?
Are you on discord? People may want to tune in and listen.

I don't mind Uplay. You just have to add the games to your library from within the client; you don't have to immediately download them. I don't think it works from the website, though.
I meant to check this out the last time it was brought up because I went through the website and wanted to make sure that they actually added the games to my account instead of just saying that it did, but all three appeared with the games from last year, so I think I'm good.

I did notice that it appears as though you can get them all at once as a bundle through Uplay, while running a search lead to three separate pages for the games and you have to sort through the ones that aren't what you're looking for, so the client does have an edge in convenience.

GOG Connect added more games for us Steam-owners to also add to the GOG DRM-FREE Collection.

+2 for me with Whispered World: Special and Zombie Shooter 2.

That's a high recommendation, since BO:p is awesome. Love that game.

Heck, a lot of the racers that I listed, I either really like them (NFS MW Criterion reboot & NFS Rivals) or love them (BO:p, NFS: MW Black Box, NFS Carbon, TDU2).
Same (except for Rivals, I thought that was a real turd), it's just that FH3 is the best driving game since Paradise.

You know, I hadn't actually noticed that, but they do call it the Right Hand of Doom for a reason!

I guess it's too late for us to get Abe Sapien instead of those sewer-dwelling turtles (seriously, no turtle actually lives in a sewer!).
True, but at least now I can have Anung-Un-Rama beat the everloving shit out of Mikey, so I'm okay with it.

And uh, yknow, there actually wasn't a devil summoned by Rasputin working for the Nazis who was then adopted by a British scientist, either.

nephew just got a decent desktop what are some must have games for someone that is just now starting pc gaming, im going to gift him a bunch of games for christmas, without thinking too much about it i got the portal pack.

nephew just got a decent desktop what are some must have games for someone that is just now starting pc gaming, im going to gift him a bunch of games for christmas, without thinking too much about it i got the portal pack.
what kind of games is your nephew interested in?

check out the first page with the first 2 posts of this thread.  You may want to sign up your nephew for Steam, Origins and Ubisoft.  Check Origins for the free game "on the house", Ubisoft also currently has some free games,  Steam has plenty of games that are free as well.  

PUBG, Overwatch, Orange Box, Doom, GTA V

I'd recommend Titanfall 2, but Origin is terrible, and it has about 10 active players at this point.

just got gifted a $50 steam card. Trying to decide between Dark Souls 3 and The Witcher 3.

Also here's a code I found laying around

I don't play H1Z1

H1Z1 Trickster Crate
7D766FTKXMCNA4XA3A29

On the steam link Gamestop should have them in store for the same price

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend Titanfall 2, but Origin is terrible, and it has about 10 active players at this point.
Yeah, but isn't the Single Player Campaign supposed to also be great though?

We all expected the MP to be awesome, since it was basically more Titanfall 1 - and from the Trial; yeah, it's more T-Fall 1 w/ tweaks, but still awesome. Only thing I had w/ T-Fall 1 MP and also T-Fall 2 MP during the Trial was, "Are these guys going to play more Modes than just bloody Attrition or what?"

EDIT:

Hmm even though my backlog of games is growing ... I am considering the Age of Decadence & Dungeon Rats bundle that's currently on sale via STEAM. Anyone play either/both of those? Thanks!
I would also love to hear if anybody else has played Age of Decadence before.

How old is he and do you know what types of games he likes? Sports, action, shooters, RPGs, fighting games, that sort of thing?

just got gifted a $50 steam card. Trying to decide between Dark Souls 3 and The Witcher 3.
My recommendation is TW3 goty edition. It's a great game and between the base game and dlc it took me around 170 hours to get through the content. DS3 is also very good but it's easily the shortest souls game, and the dlc is worth playing but the complete edition is 38 dollars, so you're better off waiting until it gets down to an okay price imo.

Isn't all of that Telltale stuff been in a HB or going to be in a HB like very soon...?
Not all of it. I don't believe Tales of Monkey Island has been bundled.

Regarding the Telltale collection, I think Fox wanted Tales of Monkey Island.
Bingo. I tried contacting Steam support, they didn't want to help. So I decided to try Telltale. And guess what? They replied! They asked me for more info about that so I showed them what was wrong and linked them to a cached sale page from last year where everything got the proper discount. I'm currently waiting on them to reply back but I suspect I won't hear from them for a few days. Christmas and all.

Damn! With all the physical purchases I made since Black Friday, I don't know how much my backlog can take.

Damn! With all the physical purchases I made since Black Friday, I don't know how much my backlog can take.
If you're like any of us, you'll never-ever be able to keep up w/ your physical backlog and digital backlog.

We ain't got enough time in the world nor a time machine to help us do so, either.

If you're like any of us, you'll never-ever be able to keep up w/ your physical backlog and digital backlog.

We ain't got enough time in the world nor a time machine to help us do so, either.
Yeah. Believe it or not, have games that I bought over 20 years ago that I did not open and yet to play. I think I'll ease off on the sale this year.

TBH, I am tempted in finally picking up a Steam controller this year. The controller/link bundle is tempting.

Yeah, but isn't the Single Player Campaign supposed to also be great though?

We all expected the MP to be awesome, since it was basically more Titanfall 1 - and from the Trial; yeah, it's more T-Fall 1 w/ tweaks, but still awesome. Only thing I had w/ T-Fall 1 MP and also T-Fall 2 MP during the Trial was, "Are these guys going to play more Modes than just bloody Attrition or what?"
The campaign is excellent, but it is very short. I appreciate it a whole lot since they really went out of their way to make it as memorable as possible, but I wouldn't recommend the game based on that alone. The MP is what keeps people coming back, but like I said it makes me sad that it's so dead.

There's plenty of modes in the sequel, but unfortunately I still just pick attrition because it encapsulates everything that's great about the game in a competitive setting.

Random deal mention - Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut is three dollars. A lot of people probably already own it, but it's a fantastic game, and if you don't have it 3 bucks is an absolute steal.

Yeah. Believe it or not, have games that I bought over 20 years ago that I did not open and yet to play. I think I'll ease off on the sale this year.

TBH, I am tempted in finally picking up a Steam controller this year. The controller/link bundle is tempting.
I bought a Steam controller at GameStop on Black Friday and did not regret it. Having come from a console background, it made it easier for me to play several of the games in my Steam library that were mouse and keyboard style games with no problem. There are still some games that are better with a 360 controller though.

I would absolutely recommend Titanfall 2 for the single player campaign alone. I'm sure it's going for no more than around $10 these days easy, it's well worth that for the campaign. 

Destiny 2 is on sale at Best Buy today for $22.99 ($18.39 with GCU).

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/destiny-2-windows/5807908.p?skuId=5807908

I don't really care about the Destiny games, but I figured I'd mention it for those who might be interested.
The way they keep fucking up stuff I don't think anyone is going to have any interest in this one OR the next one.

They're Christmas event in general seems to be pissing most off due to greed.

http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-the-dawning-backfires-players-launch-removeeververse-forum-campaign/

Destiny 2 going that low (even without GCU) that fast really shows that game is apparently a fuck up.

I haven't been following too closely to it, I have no personal bias positive or negative towards Destiny or Bungie. But everytime I see a n article about Destiny 2, it's bungie doing something stupid

Buddy is trying to get to give The Division a go. Going to try out the 6 hr trial to see if I like it. If I choose to buy it should I go gold or just get the regular? Are the other modes or whatever worth it?

Buddy is trying to get to give The Division a go. Going to try out the 6 hr trial to see if I like it. If I choose to buy it should I go gold or just get the regular? Are the other modes or whatever worth it?
I would say gold but I'm bias.

Underground is like D3'a rifts system. If you want to play but don't know what you want to do its a great way to go.

Survival is a survival game lite but it could be viewed somewhat as a season mode. I've not done much with it but know people who play it religiously. It's PVP version might be the most intense in the game. (It also has a PvE version.)

Last Stand is a PVP mode but it's far more complex than just Team Deathmatch. I like it, I actually like it allot, but the last time I played it, which was quite some time ago, it suffered from a small game population.

Parallacks, syntax and myself have been playing the heck out of it and bought the dlc upgrade. Syntax had to ruin the momentum we had with some vacation with the family or some such nonsense. Typical Syntax. Goose, volt, duke and some other bros have joined us as well. If you got someone you know you can play with regular id say just make the plunge

As many problems as I have with Destiny 2, anyone who is interested in the game should buy it at $18 without a second thought and give it a try.

You gotta understand that Destiny 2 is a better game than Destiny 1. The gripes are coming from the hardcore Destiny players.  The campaign is still a blast and the loot hunt is fun initially too.  Now is a great time to dabble in the game at that price.  It's something everybody should experience.  And Bungie will improve the game. 

As many problems as I have with Destiny 2, anyone who is interested in the game should buy it at $18 without a second thought and give it a try.

You gotta understand that Destiny 2 is a better game than Destiny 1. The gripes are coming from the hardcore Destiny players. The campaign is still a blast and the loot hunt is fun initially too. Now is a great time to dabble in the game at that price. It's something everybody should experience. And Bungie will improve the game.
Eh, it's been far too negative, from far too many sources, for me to want to try it... and as others have proven in this thread you can come back to a game (Like The Division) when its in a better state... If they get it into a better state.

You gotta understand that Destiny 2 is a better game than Destiny 1. The gripes are coming from the hardcore Destiny players. The campaign is still a blast and the loot hunt is fun initially too. Now is a great time to dabble in the game at that price. It's something everybody should experience. And Bungie will improve the game.
Agreed. I have gripes about some aspects of Destiny 2 as well, but the negativity is really overblown. The game is fun but it's far from perfect. Players do have a right to be upset about the cosmetic shop (Eververse) and pricing, where a lot of the cool looking stuff is locked behind loot boxes. Players can earn loot boxes (illuminated engrams) just by playing the game and doing activities to level up or buy them with real money. None of it is necessary to play the game and this really only affects the hardcore end-game enthusiasts.

Bungie does a good job of listening to the avid community, and I believe they will likely (slowly) fix things over the life span of the game like they have in the past. Similar to what happened with the first Destiny and The Division from my experience in playing both. Sometimes things just need to get ironed out and tweaked several times.

One of the reasons the cost has fallen is because the new DLC expansion was released a month after the game arrived on PC (but 3 months after the console release). Bungie wants to attract more players so cutting the cost of the base game is a good way to get people to buy in, with hopes that they'll like the game and buy the DLC.

bread's done
Back