Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
As many problems as I have with Destiny 2, anyone who is interested in the game should buy it at $18 without a second thought and give it a try.

You gotta understand that Destiny 2 is a better game than Destiny 1. The gripes are coming from the hardcore Destiny players. The campaign is still a blast and the loot hunt is fun initially too. Now is a great time to dabble in the game at that price. It's something everybody should experience. And Bungie will improve the game.
I agree. I had a blast with the single player campaign and still pop in every now and then to do a raid or to look for loot. The $27 I paid for it was definitely worth it and at $18, it's a no brainer.

I got a free copy of Destiny 2 with my vid card but I think someone has to have like a 1080 or something to use it.  Probably going to be a pain to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
And uh, yknow, there actually wasn't a devil summoned by Rasputin working for the Nazis who was then adopted by a British scientist, either.
<dons tinfoil hat> Yeah, that's what they want you to think! Poor deluded fool.

All transformers games removed from Steam
Also gone from PS Store. Still on Microsoft Store for XBONE for now.

EDIT:

I would also love to hear if anybody else has played Age of Decadence before.
Unhelpful post of the day: backlogged AoD about 5 years ago, played about 5 minutes of the beta, so not enough time to form any useful opinions.

Unhelpful post of the day: backlogged AoD about 5 years ago, played about 5 minutes of the beta, so not enough time to form any useful opinions.
If you're not busy, well..here's your chance to play the game for a few days and report back to us before the boring No-Flash Sale-style of a Steam Sale ends. :p

Hmm how did I end up with Transformers Devastation in my library and a gift copy in inventory...was it really really cheap at some point?

Yeah. Believe it or not, have games that I bought over 20 years ago that I did not open and yet to play. I think I'll ease off on the sale this year.

TBH, I am tempted in finally picking up a Steam controller this year. The controller/link bundle is tempting.
Don't get the controller, you'll hate it. I don't even have one and I hate it.... See? PROOF!!

I keep hoping the Steam controller will get cleared out somewhere for like $15-20. Wouldn't mind trying it but as long as I can buy a DS4 or XB1 controller on sale for similar money it isn't happening.

Hmm how did I end up with Transformers Devastation in my library and a gift copy in inventory...was it really really cheap at some point?
It was cheap, at least cd keys. I got mine from Amazon Brexit lands. Maybe around 4€?
Tomasety's right, I was wondering the same thing. It looks like the 4€ ($3.71) price from the Amazon UK store was back on April 9th of this year.

I remember there was talk here last Winter Steam sale of the Transformer games getting removed, so I bought the TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark bundle for $9.99 with GabeNs. Man, we had to wait a whole year to see those Transformer purchases reward our elitist Steam removal libraries. No Regerts!

Tomasety's right, I was wondering the same thing. It looks like the 4€ ($3.71) price from the Amazon UK store was back on April 9th of this year.

I remember there was talk here last Winter Steam sale of the Transformer games getting removed, so I bought the TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark bundle for $9.99 with GabeNs. Man, we had to wait a whole year to see those Transformer purchases reward our elitist Steam removal libraries. No Regerts!
I bought it because I wanted to play it and because I knew that being an Actitivision game it was never going to be cheaper than on Steam Store (8€).

Some more random deals...

Thief 1/2 are 97 cents and thief 3 is 98 cents. I've never played thief 3 but thief 1/2 are fantastic and among the best stealth games ever. Obviously the graphics aren't great as the games are fairly old now, but I played them for the first time about 3 years ago and it didn't bother me. If you somehow don't have any of these and like stealth games at all pick them up. 

Planescape torment enhanced edition is 6.67. I'm waiting on it but Beamdog's games haven't gone for more than 67% off in awhile, so you could do worse than buying one of the best crpgs for that price. 

I got a free copy of Destiny 2 with my vid card but I think someone has to have like a 1080 or something to use it. Probably going to be a pain to sell.
If you're willing I can just make a throw away nvidia account since i'm assuming you redeem it via nvidia experience app and you can just register the code and give me the redeem key for bnet.

I'm assume that would be an easy bypass for the 1080 requirement issue.

If you're willing I can just make a throw away nvidia account since i'm assuming you redeem it via nvidia experience app and you can just register the code and give me the redeem key for bnet.

At least offer him $10 for it, Breaker Of Wind.

Thief 1/2 are 97 cents and thief 3 is 98 cents. I've never played thief 3 but thief 1/2 are fantastic and among the best stealth games ever. Obviously the graphics aren't great as the games are fairly old now, but I played them for the first time about 3 years ago and it didn't bother me. If you somehow don't have any of these and like stealth games at all pick them up.

Planescape torment enhanced edition is 6.67. I'm waiting on it but Beamdog's games haven't gone for more than 67% off in awhile, so you could do worse than buying one of the best crpgs for that price.
Also, other Squeenix stuff is about $0.97 too, if you're looking for some older stuff.

Unless I misunderstood how it works, you use the code, Nvidia Experience makes sure you have a valid card for it, then it opens up a window that takes you to Battlenet and it registers the game itself, so you never get a code for Battlenet. I think it is literally impossible for someone that doesn't have one of the cards required to use it at all.

Unless I misunderstood how it works, you use the code, Nvidia Experience makes sure you have a valid card for it, then it opens up a window that takes you to Battlenet and it registers the game itself, so you never get a code for Battlenet. I think it is literally impossible for someone that doesn't have one of the cards required to use it at all.
Yep it's impossible. It makes sure you have the appropriate GPU and then essentially stores your serial number in their database.

No workaround either.

I have about 5 hours or so spent w/ Fire Pro Wrestling World. A lot of thoughts incoming.

So, the game is a wrestling fan's goldmine, in terms of customization and being a sandbox. You can pretty much create anything and everything; and edit anything and everything. You can create and edits referees, rings, belts, have multiple promotions, stables, and tons of other stuff. The amount of things you can do w/ this stuff puts WWE games to shame.

You can always create your wrestler, too. There's a ridiculous amount of moves, attires, parts, and whatnot - and you literally could be here for hours just creating one character in grave detail!!! There is just so much here, I don't know where to begin. If that isn't enough, with tons and tons of CAW's (Create-A-Wrestlers) already made and found on the Steam Workshop - you can find just about anybody who has ever actually wrestled before with their ring attires and their move-sets (with tons of moves and also 4 signatures with 1 key finisher); and anybody or anything else players wanted to turn into wrestlers (Celebs, Bears, Versions of themselves, and God knows what else).

No real options for a MyUniverse mode (this would be more important, IMHO) or MyCareer Mode, if you want to keep running a constant weekly schedule during the course of a year (or numerous) and monthly PPV's for your promotions. Feels like, to me, the one thing this game lacks (at least) of one of those two type of mode. MyUniverse type of mode would probably be more important, IMHO.

For those who really love the wrestling shenanigans - well, there also doesn't seem to be run-ins or promo-cutting here (with dialogue options/trees) either.

While I'm quite terrible at the game with its matches and still learning the ins and outs here - it's deep; there's a lot to this. While this feels faster and runs smoother than WWE games, this also feels more sim-like. You really do need to get timings, moves, and everything down perfect - or you will fail....miserably. I ain't won one match yet. And you're really supposed to build your moves (from smaller ones to bigger ones) to get the crowd on your side and so you can perform better moves later, which gives this kind of also a more old-school wrestling or PPV-match type of feel. You likely won't do so well, trying to start out with big moves (like DDT's, signatures, Power Bombs, finishers, etc); you should start w/ Snap Mares, Body Slams, things of that sort.

While there are all kinds of matches here out-the-box (Single, Tag, 6-Man, 8-Man, Deathmatches, Battle Royales) - I do wish there where more Specialty Matches. I wish you could create some, too. There really don't seem to be Ladder Matches, Money in the Bank Matches, Huge Royal Rumbles (i.e. 30 or 40 Man RR's), Elimination Chambers, and things of that sort...well, the WWE Sort, I should say.

Still, can't help it - this game's addictive as can be. So much to customize. It's a wrestling goldmine.

Thanks for posting the deal on the Thief games. I've got a little bit less than $8 in my Steam account after buying Earth Defense Force: Insect Armaggedeon Complete which was a steal at $1.19. Rather than buying more Steam credit when I have more bills coming after Christmas, I've decided to use just that amount to add more dirt cheap games to my backlog. At least one of those Thief games will be added to my library, probably something controller friendly. Choosing what games to buy seems to be a game in and of itself!

Thanks for posting the deal on the Thief games. I've got a little bit less than $8 in my Steam account after buying Earth Defense Force: Insect Armaggedeon Complete which was a steal at $1.19. Rather than buying more Steam credit when I have more bills coming after Christmas, I've decided to use just that amount to add more dirt cheap games to my backlog. At least one of those Thief games will be added to my library, probably something controller friendly. Choosing what games to buy seems to be a game in and of itself!
I'm glad it benefited somebody. I personally preferred Thief 1 although most seem to think Thief 2 is the better title.

Yep it's impossible. It makes sure you have the appropriate GPU and then essentially stores your serial number in their database.

No workaround either.
Aye, I didn't know about the credit card part.

That's very unfortunate, otherwise i would had bought the code in a heartbeat.

The game dropped down to $22 so I'll just wait tad longer and grab destiny 2 for under $10 like I did the first game.

No real options for a MyUniverse mode (this would be more important, IMHO) or MyCareer Mode, if you want to keep running a constant weekly schedule during the course of a year (or numerous) and monthly PPV's for your promotions. Feels like, to me, the one thing this game lacks (at least) of one of those two type of mode. MyUniverse type of mode would probably be more important, IMHO.
There's a manager mode DLC coming out eventually for it called Fire Promoter. It's the closest thing you're gonna get to that I think

"[DLC: FIRE PROMOTER]
Fire Promoter will be our first piece of DLC. (Emphasis on first.)
This long-awaited manager mode puts you in control of your own promotion where you scout, train and steal talent to book events and fight your way to worldwide fame.
"

Planescape: Torment is one of the best RPG's ever made. If gamers like all kinds of different choices in dialogue trees; even there will be skill/item/stat/checks for even more special ways to do some of dialogue tree options; tons of ways to not got into combat (if you want to go that route); fantastic characters; fantastic prose; fantastic voice-acting (for what's there) - this is one of the best RPG's ever made. Fantastic game. Granted, I haven't played the EE version, but the original version certainly is a masterpiece.

About the old Thief series - Thief 1: Gold is great, despite me never finishing it. I really should - but other stuff got in the way. I have Thief 2 - never started. In these games, you likely are going to go mostly stealth. Garrett is a terrible fighter, when fighting head-on - so avoid it as much as you can, or you'll likely get rarely injured badly or likely end-up dead. Missions in Thief 1 are great; and I've heard great things about Thief 2.

I did play Thief: Deadly Shadows and thought it was very good - but it's a different kind of Thief b/c it's a bit more modern in its gameplay (i.e. easier); more open-world; you actually can switch on-the-fly b/t 1st person and 3rd person; and the missions (usually) aren't as deep, complex, or have as many ways to tackle them as the original Thief game (b/c the game also offers up an open-world w/ lots to do while in the open game-world's City). Also, Garrett is a bit better of a fighter here, when compared to Thief 1 - so, purists might not like that. Still, it's great; a different kind of great IMHO, mind you.

Thief Reboot (Thief 4) is very similar to Thief: Deadly Shadows, gameplay-wise - open world, big city; and main and side missions are designed similar to Thief: Deadly Shadows. So, if you liked that - yeah, you'll very likely also like this. Though, depending on if you select a custom difficulty, a lot of the newer modern stealth stuff (highlighted items/stuff to take; one-hit knock-out or kill move; special mode similar X-Ray mode to Batman Arkham games; etc) can be enabled or disabled at your own will, when you initially right before you start the game's campaign/story mode. Most old-school gamers, who love the old Thief series, should probably disable most of that modern stuff off. One of the best things that this game does is allow for your Custom Difficulty - and more games should allow you to customize your Difficulty settings and Score your setting like this game does.

About Thief Reboot's main story and character development: it is just not as good as I hoped for, as at every turn I do think it should really further the dynamic b/t Eric (Garrett's protege) and Garrett on their different view-points (i.e. Erin likes to kill and doesn't care about people; meanwhile Garrett's character will usually never take it that far in the story & dialogue - even though you as the player can, if you like) - well, they don't play off that dynamic and develop it enough; and the story should've really focused on this stuff more from start to finish.

Thief series is, for the most part, ranging from good-to-great. So, yeah - if you're missing these, go get 'em.

EDIT:

Also, if anyone wants a more modern Thief-style game but w/ allowed much better head-on fighting and superpowers (if you actually decide at the beginning to take the superpowers), the Dishonored series feels like a spiritual successor (especially w/ its mission-style approach) and is a more modern take on the early Thief games. Just, if you do kill lots of people - do not expect the best ending with these games. Dishonored 1 & especially its DLC's and Dishonored 2 are great (haven't got Death of the Outsider yet) - so those are also very easy recommendations.

Just, if anyone plans to play Dishonored 2 in particular - yeah, it runs on Void Engine, which is modified version of that Id Engine version that ran Rage - so yeah, it ain't the most optimized game...so make sure you have a decent rig and a good modern video card (likely with 3-4GB of VRAM) to run it properly at higher 1080p settings or even at decent settings for 1440p.

Has this been posted yet? As of a few days ago, there are now Mass Effect DLC bundles available on Origin without Bioware points!

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-2/addon/mass-effect-2-dlc-bundle

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/addon/mass-effect-3-dlc-bundle

Oh, and even Dragon Age 2.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/dragon-age/dragon-age-ii/addon/dragon-age-ii-dlc-bundle

Unfortunately the DLC are not available individually and they aren't currently discounted, but I know many of you have been waiting a long time for this.

Has this been posted yet? As of a few days ago, there are now Mass Effect DLC bundles available on Origin without Bioware points!

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-2/addon/mass-effect-2-dlc-bundle

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/addon/mass-effect-3-dlc-bundle

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/dragon-age/dragon-age-ii/addon/dragon-age-ii-dlc-bundle

Unfortunately the DLC are not available individually and they aren't currently discounted, but I know many of you have been waiting a long time for this.
Awesome! I can't wait for them to get discounted to replay and reinstall these classics; and play Complete Editions of these!!!

It would probably also help if they do ME2 Complete, ME3 Complete, and DA2 Complete Editions - as a lot of times, Complete Editions can get better discounted than All DLC Bundles/Season Passes.

tumblr_oww3q9P17c1slmr63o3_500.gif

Shit as much as I hate the ending of mass effect 3 and have a general distaste for the series I would be tempted to buy the series again cause of this.

Edit: Also why you all be sleeping I've been given away classy gear and an urban DMR this morning.

watttttttttt

looks like im gonna be replaying me next year

I guess BioWare and EA finally had to do something to entice their fans, after MEA bombed critically and financially. So, here we are - ALL DLC Packs for ME2, ME3, and DA2. About time.

Plus with the MTX hell and revolt that SW: Battlefront 2 (2017) is going through, very disappointing sales for that game, and the EA stocks taking some hits since this fiasco - yeah, EA needs to try to get every dollar they can.

This has not been a good 2017 for EA, to say the least.

Then they need to release the Army of Two games on PC also. (Actually, I suspect that wouldn't make them much money... but Madden would.)
I could go for Madden series, NHL series, Army of Two series, original BF: Bad Company 1, Dante's Inferno game, and other EA games that ain't hit the PC.

Seasonal CAG'er here.  Thanks to all for the tip on Dead Cells leaving early access with a price increase.  I'm usually hit or miss on metroidvania games, but this one is fantastic!

Seasonal CAG'er here. Thanks to all for the tip on Dead Cells leaving early access with a price increase. I'm usually hit or miss on metroidvania games, but this one is fantastic!
Its frankly amazing! I'm stuck at the moment, as I think I need to grind for another use of the healing potion, but I enjoy the hell out of it every time I fire it up.

Quick tip. You can exit the game at anytime, Your current run will be waiting for you when you get back to it.

Ended up picking up a Steam Link today for free from Gamestop. They sent me a $5 reward code last week that I was planning on letting go to waste, but I figured why not just use it instead on something that I'll end up letting go to waste?

So far, it's actually working pretty well. It's handled everything I've thrown at it so far:

UOuQKhZ.jpg

Might try to add some more sheets later but I'm optimistic it won't break a sweat.

Also got a $0.49 copy of Song of the Deep, so at least I can say I bought one game this holiday.

I've enjoyed my first couple of hours with AC:O more than any other entry since Brotherhood. Feels just like what the franchise needed and could potentially be my favorite game in the series. It's been awhile since I played 2, though.

I've enjoyed my first couple of hours with AC:O more than any other entry since Brotherhood. Feels just like what the franchise needed and could potentially be my favorite game in the series. It's been awhile since I played 2, though.
Wish it was actually on sale for a good price. $42 is cray cray

bread's done
Back