Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I could never get into Witcher 1, I tried multiple times. 2 was so much better.
The witcher 1 beginning is a little rough, picks up once you get to the first area. I really enjoyed all three, even played the 2nd one through twice to see both paths which is something I very rarely do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never made it without biting. Ask Mr. Owl.

nuLF5Mm.jpg

Oh, and for the record, I *prefer* RC Cola! #FightMe
RC cola is fine if only for the existence of CR RCs. Crown Royal Royal Cola.
Pepsi products in general aren't the most awesome to use as a mixer... and that's almost line-wide, no matter what the kid who tried to put rotgut vodka in their Mountain Dew says.

Coca Cola Classic is better, especially if it's made with actual sugar.

But, in many cases, RC Cola is better because it's less carbonated... you don't really want your whiskey and cola to be super fizzy.

Faygo is great, but Juggalos kinda ruined it's public perception.

Plus, it's much more of a "local" sort of product. It'd probably be hell trying to find Faygo anywhere outside of the midwest.

luk at all of thsee coke jerks comngin out of the woodworrrk
Oh no he's back already! The acidity of cola gives me an upset stomach, so I don't drink it. Light-colored soft drinks are fine, so are most hot foods and most alcohols, it's just poop-colored cancer water that I stay away from.

I thought Faygo was Yiddish slang for a gay person...

Faygo is great, but Juggalos kinda ruined it's public perception.
Plus, it's much more of a "local" sort of product. It'd probably be hell trying to find Faygo anywhere outside of the midwest.
Maybe more local than you realize... I live in the middle of the Midwest and I've never heard of it.

According to the website the closest place is 166 miles away.

Did the 25% off voucher for GMG end or am I missing it? Was looking forward to grabbing Cuphead.
Yeah it ended and I don't believe it worked on Cuphead, that was one of the exclusions but I could be wrong. Really dumb to end it before the sale concluded IMO. I don't know how they profit aside from mystery boxes since Reddit banned them and there's no good place where their deals are posted.

Yeah it ended and I don't believe it worked on Cuphead, that was one of the exclusions but I could be wrong. Really dumb to end it before the sale concluded IMO. I don't know how they profit aside from mystery boxes since Reddit banned them and there's no good place where their deals are posted.
I had it working on Cuphead, I just didn't pull the trigger then. Wishing I had now. Oh well.

SeasonalCAG Hulk The End Reader:

So with all the money I have been saving on not buying games on Steam sales or anywhere else I picked up this little guy...

SFiGhA3.jpg

P.S. Comcast has cemented my decision not to buy anything this sale with this:

" You've used 90% of your data usage plan As of 12-26-2017, you have 99 GB remaining of your 1024 GB Internet data usage plan for this calendar month. As a courtesy, we give you 2 months of complimentary overages. Your courtesy month balance is 2"

Was asking the brohs a couple of days ago in TheHangOut for AAA fakeybro suggestions but fuck Comcast screwed the pooch on that one.

1 TB? Isn't that like one season of 4K television, basically? And people are freaking out about net neutrality? 

Data caps on a network make no sense. Network quality goes down not with quantity, but with congestion. All my devices are set to download large files overnight when the network has very little traffic and downloading doesn't do any harm to others. Yet network caps conform to Title II while all reasonable and actually effective ways to maintain health of a network don't ...

I think last time I did night downloads was when I was still on dial-up, cuz no point doing so. Must have been like late 90s when downloading games from Steam Digital River or maybe some random less-legal sites.

1 TB? Isn't that like one season of 4K television, basically? And people are freaking out about net neutrality?
more like 10GB per hour. So 260GB for 26 episodes..

Life's cruelest irony, the greatest and richest country in the world having such third-world internet connection restriction.

I played the Witcher series in order and I couldn't imagine going back to 1 now. I understand why some Witcher fans prefer it over the seemingly endless dodge-rolling combat of 2 & 3.

Shasta or bust.
I played them in order too, and I agree with you on this point, but the dodge-rolling trolling was way worse in 2 than 3. The third game's expanded options made it a little more viable to tackle multiple simultaneous opponents in different ways, but I found that far too often I was stuck in set-piece combat scenarios in 2 where I had to roll-attack-roll-attack ad nauseum.

Data caps on a network make no sense. Network quality goes down not with quantity, but with congestion. All my devices are set to download large files overnight when the network has very little traffic and downloading doesn't do any harm to others. Yet network caps conform to Title II while all reasonable and actually effective ways to maintain health of a network don't ...
Well, net neutrality is a big deal on its own, but let's face it, if America weren't obsessed with "freedom" and deregulation of industry, internet access would be treated like a utility and not a commodity and regulated just like electrical and water services are presently. Access would be nearly universal and the government would ensure a base level of quality of service and prevent price-gouging. The disbanding of net neutrality is the simply the canary in the coalmine demonstrating the current administration's first step on a path leading in the direction of less access to crappier and more expensive service.

Did the 25% off voucher for GMG end or am I missing it? Was looking forward to grabbing Cuphead.
I got an email for it this morning, but no coupon code. That's weird.

Is it still worth playing if you only have the base game and none of the dlc?
Yes, there's plenty of content in the base version of The Division. The recent update even added a new high-level PvE zone which is good for end-game loot hunting.

I have Cox Cable (hate them), no fiber and a 1 TB cap and have had problems with my cable for as long as I have lived here because despite having a line going right in front of my house, the cable coming to my house comes from the base of the valley and has to travel so far that I have an amplifier in my attic just to get mostly clear signals.   I have a 2.5 acre yard, my house is near the front of the property and my cable comes from about 15 feet past the back of the property.  

The really frustrating thing is that a local electric company has no-cap fiber with way cheaper pricing and better channel lineup than Cox offers and it is on the street behind mine and up to the intersection 1/4 of a mile from my house on my street but they stopped there and are coming back to this area next spring/summer.  So close to having fiber.  SIgh.

I have Cox Cable (hate them), no fiber and a 1 TB cap and have had problems with my cable for as long as I have lived here because despite having a line going right in front of my house, the cable coming to my house comes from the base of the valley and has to travel so far that I have an amplifier in my attic just to get mostly clear signals. I have a 2.5 acre yard, my house is near the front of the property and my cable comes from about 15 feet past the back of the property.
We have Cox in my area too. It's why I switched to satellite TV.

The internet service is reliable (unlike the TV), but it's comically overpriced. I'm paying $80/month for 50Mbps.

Does anyone have any Shutterfly codes for a free calendar or ornament they won't use? I posted this in the Random Drop thread but thought it couldn't hurt to ask here as well. I want to get my wife a bonus when we send out baby announcement/Christmas cards. Thanks!

I have Cox Cable (hate them), no fiber and a 1 TB cap and have had problems with my cable for as long as I have lived here because despite having a line going right in front of my house, the cable coming to my house comes from the base of the valley and has to travel so far that I have an amplifier in my attic just to get mostly clear signals. I have a 2.5 acre yard, my house is near the front of the property and my cable comes from about 15 feet past the back of the property.

The really frustrating thing is that a local electric company has no-cap fiber with way cheaper pricing and better channel lineup than Cox offers and it is on the street behind mine and up to the intersection 1/4 of a mile from my house on my street but they stopped there and are coming back to this area next spring/summer. So close to having fiber. SIgh.
I had to wait an extra year for Google Fiber... I was so miserable.

I love it so much I don't think I would ever move to a place without it.

The really frustrating thing is that a local electric company has no-cap fiber with way cheaper pricing and better channel lineup than Cox offers and it is on the street behind mine and up to the intersection 1/4 of a mile from my house on my street but they stopped there and are coming back to this area next spring/summer. So close to having fiber. SIgh.
Here fiber is on other side of road, so stuck with 4G 50 Mbps / 30 Mbps. At least there's no cap so something good, speed is actually good too, but stability isn't that great.

Spain looks like the biggest orgy when it comes to Internet speed. Next february the biggest spanish ISP is giving users double of speed for just 5€ more. So for people who have got 300MB they will get 600MB.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, I'm stuck with no fiber unless certain neighbours die, move out or just disappear from  Earth

You can check to do the voting and the queues for 4 cards at least...I do and rush through likely 90% of the discovery queue of games I will never play.

i ended up paying Comcast's ransom money to have no data cap. and since i don't have a cap, why not pay extra to double my current speed?

yes, i know, i'm part of the problem  :shame:

i ended up paying Comcast's ransom money to have no data cap. and since i don't have a cap, why not pay extra to double my current speed?

yes, i know, i'm part of the problem :shame:
2017 = Comcast dlc (Pay extra for no data cap and double speed)

Next year = Comcast lootboxes

You're Welcome, Comcast stakeholders

Not able to confirm card listings on the market due to my phone app timing out.  Anyone else getting this?

Never mind, relogging fixed it.

I'm in a third world country with internet "up to" 30 MB but at most I get 10. At least we don't have any data caps and I can pirate the shit out of anything because people don't really give a fuck here.

I voted for Gothic 2 in the latest poll. The combat system is a bit clunky and hard to get used to. The early part of the game can be unforgiving. (stun locked by annoying enemies, etc) Many of us who made it past those faults found a game we grew to love.
I voted for Garrys Mod

Maybe more local than you realize... I live in the middle of the Midwest and I've never heard of it.

According to the website the closest place is 166 miles away.
I can get you some Faygo. They sell it at Dollar Tree here.

Rather, that's what a friend told me anyways. I don't shop at the dollar store.

bread's done
Back