Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Why you miss Square Soft Store PC download "sale" on Nov. 23, 2016 on digital PC games?
I got FF 3,5,6,7,8,9 altogether for $28.20.

Also, still wondering when FF Humble Bundle is incoming.
you know it's bad when mysterd does y u no wen. at that point you should question where you went wrong in life

Oh shit! Square did a big sale on Final Fantasy games on their site, and accepted steam wallet funds as a form of payment, and nobody told me?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're on the East Coast and saw snow, please be safe if you go out and if not, play some games today. That's what I'm going to do! I'll be installing at least three of the games that I bought from the Steam Sale. I think those will be Archibald's Adventures, Dex, and Sanctuary RPG.

One more game to my haul: the division gold. Discord bros convinced me on that one, and it was really cheap xD
I've been having fun with it and am still playing regularly. Parallacks plays as well and sometimes other people. I think Weiler is balking at the post-30 gear grind and nominal upgrades after thirty levels of significant power boosts. Still, even if you only got the 30 levels and some end game farming out of it, it's a good run especially if it was cheap.

I haven't played the DLC Survival mode yet and will probably never play the PvP expansion but I've played the heck out of The Underground DLC. I easily got my Season Pass value just out of that.

I wasn't keeping track of everything I played in 2017 but based on reviews I wrote and faulty memory, I played:

Battlefield 1 - Fun times with bros though sometimes you'd just have a bad stretch that would take the luster off the night

Killing Floor 2 - Got this prior to 2017 but only really got into it last year.  Great Co-op shooter

The Division - Again, only started to play recently after the 1.8 patch; in large part because of everyone's complaining.  Solid game now albeit it repetitive.  Nice urban decay depiction, fun shooting and loot, loot, loot.

Prey - Got this in a double pack with Wolfenstein 2 and, while I liked W2, Prey was my sleeper hit.  Atmospheric and interesting with a good story.

Wolfenstein 2 - Complaints about it were overblown.  Lots of fun but this time you knew what you were getting into versus the relative surprise of The New Order so lacks that lightning in a bottle experience.

Bloody Boobs - Astoundingly bad even for a trash indie Dead by Daylight knockoff

Audiosurf 2 - More Audiosurf.  I found my musical twin on A2 where I'd play some semi-obscure song and the leaderboard was always me and this one other guy.  His name was Furry Little Anus which I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Versus Squad - Fun, but not as fun as its predecessor, Nation Red.  Was more fun the second time we played it than the first, either because we knew better how to work it or they patched things.

Max: An Autistic Journey - RPG Maker game attempting to illustrate a day in the life of a kid with high-functioning ASD.  As the father of a similar child, parts were touchingly close to home although the actual game play elements don't make it worth playing on those technical merits.  Points for effort in a difficult task.

Darkest Dungeon - Surprisingly addictive with distinctive art and narration.  Game play starts off as a frustrating character grinder and then it clicks and becomes fairly rote aside from getting screwed by RNG.

This War of Mine - Eh, wasn't impressed.  Felt like a bleak Central European Recettear: spend your days doing home maintenance, spend your nights adventuring.  Resource management game with a coat of ever-so-deep paint.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Generic and sad.  Bullet sponge enemies who were no fun to shoot and half of them are WY mooks instead of, you know, aliens.  Opportunities to call back to Aliens and make you feel like you were on LV-426 were squandered.  Inane plot.

Cibele - Waste of time.  No actual game play, you're just along for a dull and fairly predictable ride through some chippy's internet romance.  The parts that were truest to life, like watching two awkward dorks flirt with "I'm so ugly" "No way, you're so cute" "Oh no way, you think I'm cute?" are things no sane person on the outside wants to actually sit through.

Ice Lakes - Zen mediation over rainbow trout and sturgeons.  Minimal sounds and graphics worked for me to just spend quiet time with my thoughts and wait for my rod to dip downward.  That said, I saw some people actually ice fishing in -10F weather yesterday and eff that noise.

Genital Jousting - Rock on with your mad dongs.  Fun with friends although the game suffered from laggy connection issues last time we played and one mini-game always locked up.

Just installed a 4TB Toshiba X300 w/ 128MB Cache.

It's nice having more HDD space internally to toss games at.

The bad news for the sale: I managed to spend $368.24, which wiped out 75% of my Wallet funds.

The good news for the sale: Those purchases earned me 36 steam cards, which I was able to resell for 4 cents a piece.

My haul Winter 2017 I bet everyone has been clamoring for:

Steam

Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle
Postal III
Earthlock: Festival of Magic
River City Ransom: Underground 
Eador. Masters of the Broken World - Allied Forces 
Commander Keen Complete Pack
Nusakana
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning Steam Edition
His Chuunibyou Cannot Be Cured!
Himawari - The Sunflower
Shadows of Adam
Shadows of Adam - Artifacter Guild
Shardlight
Bear With Me - Episode One
Psychonauts Original Cinematic Score
Psychonauts Original Soundtrack
Brutal Legend Soundtrack
MASSIVE CHALICE Soundtrack
Spacebase DF-9
Broken Age Soundtrack
Grim Fandango Remastered - Soundtrack
Full Throttle Remastered

Humble

Night in the Woods

Fanatical

Sonic Mania

GMG

Lost Horizon 2 Pack
FF V, VI, VIII, IX
Cuphead
Card Quest
Call of Juarez Cartel/Bound by Blood (not sure why haha....something to satiate me until RDR2)
Another Lost Phone
Dark Void
Dead Island Remastered ones I forgot to get before when they offered the upgrade price (similar price)
White Day - A Labyrinth Named School

Some of these I've been waiting to buy for a while (the FF games), while some are somewhat fakeyed but want to play like Night in the Woods. The VNs made the Steam one more expensive, but eh I want to support the companies.

This might explain the complaint of Destiny 2 lacking content.

Looks like Destiny 2 was rebooted during its development cycle and developed in 16 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW10kMwhGa8&feature=youtu.be

Why not an SSD? Unless you use your 4TB to store more things like movies and such things.
My 7200rpm HDD's internally are very close to full.

SSD's with lots of space - i.e. think like 3-4TB - is just not cheap.

Especially for someone like myself, since I'm horrible at deleting games off my HDD's.

EDIT:

A lot of times, I just shuffle games around to other drives, when I need space.

I'm tired of shuffling these big games from 7200rpm internals to 5400rpm externals all the time...and vice versa.

Genital Jousting - Rock on with your mad dongs. Fun with friends although the game suffered from laggy connection issues last time we played and one mini-game always locked up.
OAVXs5a.png

https://access.redhat.com/articles/3307751

redhat has already done some performance testing with the patches

tldr;

for normal end user stuff there is almost no impact. Its only really randomized i/o like databases that are really impacted

also according to google's research basically every processor since '95 has the flaw, so yes, anyone who asks, yours has the problem, https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-almost-all-cpus-since-1995-vulnerable-to-meltdown-and-spectre-flaws/

I have noticed some people posting their hauls, but remember the steam sale is not over yet. THere is still an hour to capitalize on hot deals like Skyrim for just 20 bucks or Watch Dongs for 10.19 or Call of Duty Ghosts - Digital Hardened Edition for a measly 65 dollars. BUY BUY BUY

Paradox will be publishing the new Vampire The Masquerade sequel, and suspiciously the only 3 Activision games currently 75% off are Prototype 2 and the Vampire games.

Make of that what you will, but it could mean the two Vampire games will get delisted soon or transfered to Paradox as a publisher. I went ahead and grabbed Redemption since it's $1.49. Could also get Humbled soon, but for a dollar I felt like it was worth the risk. Lets see how many people buy it in the next 26 minutes

I have noticed some people posting their hauls, but remember the steam sale is not over yet. THere is still an hour to capitalize on hot deals like Skyrim for just 20 bucks or Watch Dongs for 10.19 or Call of Duty Ghosts - Digital Hardened Edition for a measly 65 dollars. BUY BUY BUY
Thanks for the advice. Just grabbed Divinity: OS 2 at 10% off. That was a close call.

Paradox will be publishing the new Vampire The Masquerade sequel, and suspiciously the only 3 Activision games currently 75% off are Prototype 2 and the Vampire games.

Make of that what you will, but it could mean the two Vampire games will get delisted soon or transfered to Paradox as a publisher. I went ahead and grabbed Redemption since it's $1.49. Could also get Humbled soon, but for a dollar I felt like it was worth the risk. Lets see how many people buy it in the next 26 minutes
I still have my DRM-Rights-Management free physical copies. They can't take those away from me!

EDIT:

I beat one ending of Sundered (half my 2018 beat games quota done already!).

Pretty good game. The final boss was harder than any other boss in the game though, a good perk loadout made it easy though.

Challenge accepted.

I was on the fence about buying it anyway. Your post just pushed me over the edge.

I never did play V:tM. I know it's the cat's pajamas of CRPGs but the one time I tried, I think I couldn't get past the PS2 looking graphics. I'm so shallow and unworthy of being a true RPG computer gamer.

I'm sure there's a graphics overhaul mod I could try. Maybe I'll do that this winter.

(No need to post an overhaul mod, my Google works when I'm ready)

Challenge accepted.
Got in at 11:59!

I still have my DRM-Rights-Management free physical copies. They can't take those away from me!

EDIT:

I beat one ending of Sundered (half my 2018 beat games quota done already!).

Pretty good game. The final boss was harder than any other boss in the game though, a good perk loadout made it easy though.
I also have Vampire TM: Bloodlines and Vampire TM: Redemption on GOG.

Oh, and of course, I have Bloodlines from retail on 3 CD's too.

I never did play V:tM. I know it's the cat's pajamas of CRPGs but the one time I tried, I think I couldn't get past the PS2 looking graphics. I'm so shallow and unworthy of being a true RPG computer gamer.

I'm sure there's a graphics overhaul mod I could try. Maybe I'll do that this winter.

Bloodlines is fantastic.

While Bloodlines' combat is like many of the RPG/Action game hybrids that came out before Mass Effect 2 (i.e. these games focus more on stats, skills, hit/miss, dice-rolls, and RPG-stuff than say actual anything else - think say the original Deus Ex, if you don't pump points into gun-skills) which can cause combat to feel janky and/or clunky - it does everything else right IMHO, pretty much.

The level quality in everything else - i.e. atmosphere, music, dialogue, writing, and choice - yeah, it is superb. If you appreciate these kinds of things - yeah, you'll love the game. And likely, be prepared at some point to replay it.

Quests highly vary here - from visiting a haunted house to figuring out why everybody's being killed off on a reality TV show in a run-down hospital. Like Deus Ex games, you can go through quests many different approaches to get the same result. And/or, it's possible you could be given different branching paths/outcomes - in which there is a different end to the quest, might cause what NPC's stick around (or not), if NPC's might offer you up another quest (or not), and anything else in the game-world.

This is what makes the game so great.

I played it last year, it was alright but by the end I was ready for it to be over, the last act just devolves into a bunch of fighting which isn't the strength of the game. Worth playing but in terms of older crpgs I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as games like Baldur's Gate or Planescape. The main reason to play the game is the setting.

Well, I did it!

After years of buying far too many games in previous big Steam sales I managed to not buy anything. Zip. Zilch. Zero games. No haul. Feels liberating. Feels empty. 

I admit, I was tempted by my activity feed and even at the end when Spoder mentioned Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I wavered but I stood strong. I grasped my virtual Steam wallet tight and walked away from this event. Feels good.

I played it last year, it was alright but by the end I was ready for it to be over, the last act just devolves into a bunch of fighting which isn't the strength of the game. Worth playing but in terms of older crpgs I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as games like Baldur's Gate or Planescape. The main reason to play the game is the setting.
By the cab ride where you make that major decision where you decide your alliance (if you take any), the last 1/3rd of the game turns into an action-fest. Not this game's strength, like you say - but, by now, hopefully the player has sunk all their points into most of the action and defense skills by then. Player certainly will need it, as there's less emphasis on any of the charisma or talking skills; those skills are quite useless in the last 1/3rd of the game.

BTW, both BG series and PST are great. Those are much different RPG's than VTMB, since those Infinity games are more of the old-school party based RPG's where you can control a party.

Well, I did it!

After years of buying far too many games in previous big Steam sales I managed to not buy anything. Zip. Zilch. Zero games. No haul. Feels liberating. Feels empty.

I admit, I was tempted by my activity feed and even at the end when Spoder mentioned Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I wavered but I stood strong. I grasped my virtual Steam wallet tight and walked away from this event. Feels good.
Only things I bought this sale were the Pillars of Eternity expansion pass and the dlc for Invisible Inc, easily the least I've bought in any Winter/Summer sale.

Well, I did it!

I admit, I was tempted by my activity feed and even at the end when Spoder mentioned Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I wavered but I stood strong. I grasped my virtual Steam wallet tight and walked away from this event. Feels good.
Someone get this guy a born again virgin purity ring!

CONSOLE DISCUSSION INCOMING

Have Mario Odyssey, Zelda, what other games are must-haves for Switch?  I figured Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2, anything else?   I guess I'll have to actually watch Best Buy/Target posts on here now because I don't want to shell out 60 bucks each for Switch games.  Want to figure out what I should keep an eye out for.  

My sale haul:

STEAM (about $25 in RM): 

Rise of the Tomb Raider 20-Year DLC

RotTR Baba Yaga DLC

Battlestations: Pacific

Battlestations: Midway

Thief II

Just Cause 3

Tyto Ecology

Shadowrun Returns/Hong Kong Deluxe Upgrades

Baldur's Gate II EE Soundtrack

I almost grabbed that Amazon Homefront pack with the DLCs for $8, but I just missed the sale today.

UPLAY:

The Crew: Calling All Cars DLC ($10)

MS:

Forza Horizon 3 Season Pass (~$11)

Killer Instinct Definitive Edition ($20)

TL;DR: I spent about $20-25 more this year than I normally do, but I have an XBONE and a new computer that can run even Crysis at low settings now. 

EDIT: I didn't get around to test-driving Age of Decadence long enough to provide a meaningful commentary on it. I did fiddle around with Halo Wars: Definitive Edition during my Game Pass trial and it only took a few minutes of play in the tutorial to convince me that playing an RTS on a console is still a terrible idea. I wonder how the C&C games played on consoles--I'm guessing the answer is very poorly. 

oh crap I missed the sale.  oh well.  I will have to buy Planescape Torment for the same price at one of the other five Steam sales in 2018, and then not play it.  I'm busy not playing too many other games right now to not play this one. 

oh crap I missed the sale. oh well. I will have to buy Planescape Torment for the same price at one of the other five Steam sales in 2018, and then not play it. I'm busy not playing too many other games right now to not play this one.
But, did you buy Sword Coast Legends...?

Have Mario Odyssey, Zelda, what other games are must-haves for Switch? I figured Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2, anything else? I guess I'll have to actually watch Best Buy/Target posts on here now because I don't want to shell out 60 bucks each for Switch games. Want to figure out what I should keep an eye out for.
Splatoon 2, Arms, and Mario+Rabbids? Blaster Master is great too but it's download only. I've also been wanting golf story.

Have Mario Odyssey, Zelda, what other games are must-haves for Switch? I figured Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2, anything else? I guess I'll have to actually watch Best Buy/Target posts on here now because I don't want to shell out 60 bucks each for Switch games. Want to figure out what I should keep an eye out for.
This obviously depends on your definition of "must have." I think the only games that are must have are Mario/Zelda, everything else out for the system that is worth playing are reportedly good but not spectacular games, and you should pick up depending on your preference in genres. That said, as you mentioned, there's Splatoon 2/Mario Kart, in addition to Mario/Rabbids, Arms, Snipperclips, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It's actually been a surprisingly great launch for the Switch in terms of titles.

Fire emblem is a good musou. A solid beginning entry if you've never given the genre a fair shake.

If you're a fan of the Mega Man X games, Azure Striker Gunvolt 1/2 pack is great. Sequel has yet to hit steam.

Mighty Gunvolt burst is a solid mega man game too, and is built around replayability with new abilities and characters.

Disgaea 5 complete is a solid entry, and was $20 or so recently. Could get discounted again before disappearing from shelves.

Xenoblade chronicles 2 is weeaboo as fuck, often to its detriment. It's a pretty solid jrpg though. I really enjoyed it.

must haves, in order of must-have-ed-ness:

-Mario Odyssey

-Zelda: BotW

-MarioKart 8 Deluxe

-Mario + Rabbids

-Xenoblade 2 (weebs onry!)

-Azure Striker Gunvolt

There are several good games on the Switch now that it makes buying/not-buying one an easy decision, depending on how big of a Nintendo fan you are. They hit it hard throughout 2017 and planned it so there was a big new title coming out every month or two. That was a really smart business decision which kept them relevant the whole year. But I expect 2018 to be very slim pickings in regards of new releases until we get into the fall.

There is almost nothing on the horizon for new Switch games, but I fully expect them pump out several subpar titles with their 'B' franchises. I bet we'll see some crappy Kirby, Animal Crossing, Pikman stuff in the spring and summer. They need some stopgap games. All the truly big stuff like Shin Megami Tensei 5 and Metroid Prime 4 are a lonng ways out. There's a big Nintendo Direct coming up on January 11 which will announce any Q1-Q2 release games.

holiday steam haul:
rockman legacy collection, pinball arcade s5, ikaruga, mass effect, crysis warhead & trine 3.
the most I've ever spent 😒

Holiday Haul Stupidity

Steam stuff:
Abduction Bit
Anno 2070 Complete Edition
Anomaly Defenders
Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assetto Corsa - Ferrari Pack
Audiosurf
Bear With Me
Blind Love
Blood Feed + some other cheap games for letter achievements to do stupid stuff with Steam profile
BOOR
Brothers in Arms Pack
Chip's Challenge 1 & 2 Bundle
Cold Fear
Counter-Strike Global Offensive (+6 other old games via the Valve bundle)
CropDuster Supreme (how could I not?)
Dawn of Discovery - Venice
Demon's Crystals
Diamo XL
Divinity Original Sin 2
Eador. Imperium
Earthlock: Festival of Magic
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Christmas Pack (various dlcs)
Far Cry 4
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Flamebreak
Frequent Flyer
Galactic Civilizations III - Mech Kit Parts 
Grow Up
Hidden Folks
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
Ironcast - The Stirling Pack
Ironcast - The Windsor Pack
Lines Pack
LSD (cheap + letter achivements)
Mini Ghost
Minimalist Puzzle Developers Bundle (Lineway, Peg, SiNKR)
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (one of the characters fights using housecats.  I had to have that.)
Oh My Gore!
Orbt XL
Oxygen not Included
Pinball Arcade: Season Five Pro Pack
Pinkman
Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition + various OSTs (complete bundle)
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
Quell Zen
Rabi-Ribi Pack
Ripknot Systems Complete Bundle (Trivia Vault games and some other stuff)
Riptide GP: Renegade
Rock of Ages 2
Royal Offense
Rusty Lake Hotel
Rusty Lake Roots
Shardlight
Shenzhen Solitaire
Shotgun Legend
Slay the Spire
Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe Edition
SteamWorld Dig 2
SteamWorld Heist - Hatbox: Hatful Eight + 2
SteamWorld Heist - The Outsider
Stellaris: Utopia
Superflight
Sword Coast Legends Digital Deluxe
The Black Watchmen
The Solus Project
The Vagrant
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
VOI
War for the Overworld - My Pet Dungeon Expansion
Winter Novel 
Word Wonders: The Tower of Babel
Xenoraid: The First Space War
Zombie Night Terror

Plus some cheap games I got by buying bundles where I already had most of the games.  Those I am too lazy to list.

Humble/Amazon/GG/elsewhere: 
Antihero
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Black Mirror Bundle
Cities Skylines Green Cities
Goetia
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Heroine Anthem Zero
Hob
Night in the Woods
Raiden V
Vanquish 
What Remains of Edith Finch

Gifts:
Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gold Edition
Star Craft Remastered

From some redemption thing on Steam for having 12 Sakuragame titles:
Zasa - An AI Story
On Earth As It Is In Heaven - A Kinetic Novel
第九日-the 9th day

You are welcome for the numerous bundle sacrifices.  

must haves, in order of must-have-ed-ness:

-Mario Odyssey

-Zelda: BotW

-MarioKart 8 Deluxe

-Mario + Rabbids

-Xenoblade 2 (weebs onry!)

-Azure Striker Gunvolt
Remove Rabbids and I'll allow your opinion to exist.

Also, if you're a fan of either Tetris or Puyo, I do recommend Puyo Puyo Tetris. A solid package with lots of variety combining the 2 modes and other gimmicks.

I got Blaze Doritos today.

They're crap.  Just barely hot, no taste besides bitter pepper.

0/10, would not buy again.

I hoped they'd be like the hot chips from the Roulette flavor.

bread's done
Back