Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I finished Firewatch and Oxenfree over the weekend.  Thanks to @FoxAssGamer and @DotDotGoose who reminded me I had gotten Oxenfree for free on GOG when I was about to pay $5 for it on the Switch :lol:  

Firewatch is an interactive story walking simulator.  I think it took me around 6 to 8 hours to finish.  The map is pretty small so you can get from one of side of the map to the other in a few minutes.  The gameplay is pretty linear and your dialogue choices don't matter too much so if you're looking for an open world game, this isn't it.  Overall, it was a fun interactive story and I'm definitely looking forward to Valley of the Gods.  

If you like games where dialogue choices make a difference, try Oxenfree.  It's short so you should be able to get through it in two sittings.  It took me 6 hours to get through the story, but I probably could have finished it earlier without searching for all the stuff.  The game has a creepy vibe to it, even giving me goosebumps a couple of times.  I was surprised it affected me like that given the non-realistic 2D graphics, but that speaks to the game's story-telling and atmosphere.  It has a bunch of replay value too since you can go through the game again and have different dialogue choices, choose different characters, etc.  I will definitely be going back to this one.

I'm about 30 hours or so into Sword Coast Legends.

Still going and still enjoying it.

No, it's not entirely on the level of Icewind Dale series, NWN games, DA: Origins, Planescape: Torment and the two BG games - but I'll be damned, I'm still enjoying it. I love the party members especially - namely, their banter, wit and punchlines, and especially the excellent voice-acting. Along with that and the music, these feels like the most stand-out aspects of the game.

SCL feels like a homecoming w/ the DAO party-based strategic style of action and those old-school Infinity Engine style of games that I listed in above said paragraph. Sure, it has a few minor twists on this type of game, doesn't follow D&D Rules entirely (not that close at all) and  uses timed cool-downs instead of mana points - but, eh, that's not bothering me at all. It's feels like a slight evolution of this type of game.

At times, you're toast if you use poor tactics and/or don't have the right party members with you. Sometimes, making a few adjustments in tactics and/or who you have taken with you in your party can completely change things to make the battle really easy or just enough so you barely scrape by.

This game's solid so far, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha I think about that every time he brings up how it's like baldurs gate but without mana but figure it's not worth the diatribe I'll get in response.
Man, my mind was be going. Been so long since I played those games.

Now that I really think about it...yeah, IIRC, the game let you use X amount of spells per your level, stats, equipment, class/sub-class, and/or other stuff.

EDIT:

Elessar123 ninja'd me.

Wow, I also forgot all about the resting!!! In dungeons, you could rest....and maybe you'd be waken-up by monsters/enemies or you'd get away scott-free!!!

How are the GM mods MysterD?  That's why I scooped it up.  Seemed like some possibility of running some fun mods.

Thanks everyone who recommend Path of Exile BTW.  I'm having a blast in that game.  So many layers (like an onion).  I'm sure I'll catch up soon enough with things like Leagues and whatnot but for right now it's a blast running around killing things (though apparently I gimped my first toon fairly bad, so created a second toon to earn orbs to ungimp the first guy in the future ).

im not sure if the vive pro is the point at which I would jump in to vr. There's a reason its not called the vive 2, its just a bump in specs. Though at least that means the original vive will probably go down to price parity with the rift and I would expect the pro to be selling back at the 800$ price tag, which for 450$ on top of a vive1/rift sale is hard to swallow for what amounts to a clone of the rift headphones, and a bump in resolution. I would expect v2 of the vive and rift to have full wireless integration, res that almost eliminates screen door, and possibly better lenses and full inside out tracking that works well enough that you dont miss outside-in

Cheapo mechanical keyboards:

Aukey Direct via Amazon has select Aukey Mechanical Keyboards w/ Blue Switches on sale listed below from $20.09 when you apply the corresponding promotion code. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian
AUKEY KM-G9 87-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches $20.09 with code JKWWFEO2
AUKEY KM-G6 LED-Backlit 104-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches $31.81 with code KE8PNKE8
AUKEY KM-G8 104-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches $26.26 with code 9DZZYYKU
AUKEY KM-G11 87-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches and Round Keycaps $25.19 with code MCJFV4ES
AUKEY KM-G10 104-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches and Round Keycaps $30.09 with code XKJWPOKI

*All use mana points

Cheapo mechanical keyboards:

Aukey Direct via Amazon has select Aukey Mechanical Keyboards w/ Blue Switches on sale listed below from $20.09 when you apply the corresponding promotion code. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian
AUKEY KM-G9 87-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches $20.09 with code JKWWFEO2
AUKEY KM-G6 LED-Backlit 104-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches $31.81 with code KE8PNKE8
AUKEY KM-G8 104-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches $26.26 with code 9DZZYYKU
AUKEY KM-G11 87-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches and Round Keycaps $25.19 with code MCJFV4ES
AUKEY KM-G10 104-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Switches and Round Keycaps $30.09 with code XKJWPOKI

*All use mana points
7-lpnwn2_ch005_006.jpg

He already rolled for initiative and answered before you.
That doesn't mean the answer is correct... Psionics has almost always been an optional rule set with no real official ties in their campaign settings (minus Dark Sun where Psionics all but replaces normal magic) and since very few of their games are set in generic settings Psionics don't see use. No game based upon 3 or 3.5 edition of rules ever featured Psionics.

Which brings us back to the Dark Sun games I linked too, which use 2nd edition rules.

(Note: WotC offered limited support to many of the 2nd edition campaign settings though a few companies got the rights to make products for some of them. Dragonlance, Ravenloft found new homes while Dark Sun, Birthright, Greyhawk, Spelljammer, etc. did not.)

In other news the national title game was pretty damn entertaining. I would have rather seen Georgia win but I was just happy to see a close game that went to overtime.

That doesn't mean the answer is correct... Psionics has almost always been an optional rule set with no real official ties in their campaign settings (minus Dark Sun where Psionics all but replaces normal magic) and since very few of their games are set in generic settings Psionics don't see use. No game based upon 3 or 3.5 edition of rules ever featured Psionics.

Which brings us back to the Dark Sun games I linked too, which use 2nd edition rules.

(Note: WotC offered limited support to many of the 2nd edition campaign settings though a few companies got the rights to make products for some of them. Dragonlance, Ravenloft found new homes while Dark Sun, Birthright, Greyhawk, Spelljammer, etc. did not.)

In other news the national title game was pretty damn entertaining. I would have rather seen Georgia win but I was just happy to see a close game that went to overtime.
Georgia choked and ran out of mana points in overtime.

Rolling a 3 in overtime is not good, when the other team rolls a 6.

Georgia choked and ran out of mana points in overtime.

Rolling a 3 in overtime is not good, when the other team rolls a 6.
I thought Georgia played a pretty good game... and thought their chances were looking pretty good when that kid kicked a 51 yarder and the Bama kicker couldn't make anything.

Honestly, sometimes you can lose late without choking which I think Georgia did but if Bama had lost I think you could honestly say they had choked it away. (As I said earlier that I was hoping Georgia would win but I'm glad Bama ended up winning so their poor kicker doesn't have to live with that sort of failure in his young life.

You're avoiding answering the most important D&D Tabletop question: How do I win D&D?

You're avoiding answering the most important D&D Tabletop question: How do I win D&D?
I get a good laugh out of DD83's answer but a more honest answer is to have fun playing it as there is no script so it doesn't really have typical winning conditions you see in most games and what would be considered winning by one isn't necessarily a win for another.

I get a good laugh out of DD83's answer but a more honest answer is to have fun playing it as there is no script so it doesn't really have typical winning conditions you see in most games and what would be considered winning by one isn't necessarily a win for another.
Um....ok....but how do you win?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVj8rWGIcAA

Your friendly in-house fighting game manger remind you NOT to buy Marvel vs Capcom: infinite.

The game is trash, just go ahead and buy Dragon Ball Fighters if you're looking for a team base fighting game.

Your friendly in-house fighting game manger remind you NOT to buy Marvel vs Capcom: infinite.

The game is trash, just go ahead and buy Dragon Ball Fighters if you're looking for a team base fighting game.
Bad game in general, bad fighting game, or bad port?

ie

Is it Dead or Alive 5 bad, Tekken vs Street Fighter bad, or Mortal Kombat X on PC bad?

Bad game in general, bad fighting game, or bad port?

ie

Is it Dead or Alive 5 bad, Tekken vs Street Fighter bad, or Mortal Kombat X on PC bad?
Bad game and bad fighting game in general.

MvC:I has tons of bugs and issues that I still cannot explain when playing locally, hit stun for hours to the characters being inconsistent during every fight.

Content being cut such as Venom when it was well done before the game was release that was showed off and leaked by tournament players.

I bought the game and season pass at $30+, I just cannot recommend this game to anyone.

The online is pretty dead on both ps4 and pc, you can sit in matchmaking all day and run into the same 1-4 people on ps4.

If you really want to buy MvC:I just wait for the game to drop under $10 and grab it with a friend otherwise you will be playing a lackluster arcade mode.

bread's done
Back