Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I finished World the the West.

It's okay. 

Combat is not that fun.

Puzzles are good.

Progression is a little unsatisfying.  It's good until the last chapter when you finally have control of everyone, but then it's just "get almost all 'collectibles' to get to the end".  Then you need all the "collectibles", one of which you can't get until right before the final boss, to get the last upgrade for each character.

Money is about worthless unless you want to buy maps to collectibles/health upgrades.

Wait, you quoted something from 2015. Is this a CAG glory days rally? Which brawny gent wants to hurt my whore feelings?

Wait, you quoted something from 2015. Is this a CAG glory days rally? Which brawny gent wants to hurt my whore feelings?
I had a friend who was a great PUBG player, back in EA

He could Kar98 you 'cross the map, chicken dinners for days, boy

Last night the bros were out in force for Ballistic Overkill and it was pretty fun! It's a game in the TF2 model and there's nothing super innovative about it -- you run around the map and shoot dudes and try to capture checkpoints or team deathmatch, etc but it looked good, ran well and the classes had enough differences between them to find something you liked. The someone would do well and everyone would switch and we'd go from Semi-Invisible Guy With Sword meta to Grenade Spammer meta to Semi-Invisible Sniper meta, etc. By the end we had people playing an actual variety of classes though. We played for a little over an hour and that probably enough for one sitting since it IS rather repetitive but it was also light and entertaining and I predict we'll be coming back to it.

Tonight is Staying Alive, which was being given away for free from someplace or another a few weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
unknown.png

Switcherland got 0.00000000000000002% tax increase, is this small enough to not make people unhappy?

I had a friend who was a great PUBG player, back in EA

He could Kar98 you across the map, chicken dinners for days, boy

Last night the bros were out in force for Ballistic Overkill and it was pretty fun! It's a game in the TF2 model and there's nothing super innovative about it -- you run around the map and shoot dudes and try to capture checkpoints or team deathmatch, etc but it looked good, ran well and the classes had enough differences between them to find something you liked. The someone would do well and everyone would switch and we'd go from Semi-Invisible Guy With Sword meta to Grenade Spammer meta to Semi-Invisible Sniper meta, etc. By the end we had people playing an actual variety of classes though. We played for a little over an hour and that probably enough for one sitting since it IS rather repetitive but it was also light and entertaining and I predict we'll be coming back to it.

Tonight is Staying Alive, which was being given away for free from someplace or another a few weeks ago.
I'll cosign BO as a pretty decent little shooter. We had fun for the time we played and I can see playing it again. Not sure about the price tag, $11.99 isn't awful, but not sure how much mileage you will get out of it. I almost feel they would make more money going F2P and focusing on lootboxes and cosmetics. At least it would get an influx of people to play it and they might stick around.

"Why do you want to beta test Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA? (Please provide a detailed response):"

Spoder said I could get a free copy of the game.

"Why do you want to beta test Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA? (Please provide a detailed response):"

I said "Me likey Ys"....I'm going to be very disappointed if I don't get into the Beta after that well thought out answer.....

I know you're joking, but in case anyone asks for proof.. it says on the top of the beta application that you get a free copy of the game if you're selected to be a beta tester.

"Thank you for signing up for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Beta Testing! Please fill out the required fields below for your opportunity to beta test! Beta testers will receive a free Steam copy of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA!"

Quick someone find a way to make it look like I've played the previous games for longer than it takes to idle cards. They might check!
I said that I own the games on both Steam & GOG. I'm hoping that they just assume that I've played the shit out of my GOG copies. They have no way of knowing that I'm an unscrupulous bastard who lied about owning the games on GOG.

I doubt they check your profile if you've played any of the games. You technically don't even need a Steam account to apply. They do manually approve these though, it's not random chance. They most likely will read your PC specs and any reason that you give them for wanting to betatest.

Y'all need to up your lying games.

Just say "I played it on PS4 and really enjoyed it. I'd be able to tell if something looks different or wrong compared to that version"

I wish Death of the Outsider was $10 (or less).
I only need that.

I already have Dishonored 2 (base-game).
y u buy Dishonored 2 without waiting for combo deal

Y'all need to up your lying games.

Just say "I played it on PS4 and really enjoyed it. I'd be able to tell if something looks different or wrong compared to that version"
Just put an AMD card in your specs and you'll be instantly accepted cuz no one buys AMD GPUs!

Do any of you happen to have the DLC for Tomb of Annihilation that came with the Yogscast bundle? I'd toss a couple of $ to someone for it.

Do any of you happen to have the DLC for Tomb of Annihilation that came with the Yogscast bundle? I'd toss a couple of $ to someone for it.
(snort) That's what I just did over in the trade thread. And that was before Fanatical dumped the price even more today (glad I waited). Still couple of bucks for $12 worth of DLC seems worth it. Reads like just the gold boost helps.

y u buy Dishonored 2 without waiting for combo deal
B/c I bought it not that long after the game came out when it hit $20 ultra-fast on Dell's website last year around Black Friday or X-Mas (can't recall; I'd have to re-check) around X-Mas 2016.

Back then, we didn't know Death of the Outsider was coming; it wasn't announced yet.

EDIT:

Death of the Outsider was announced at E3 2017.

EDIT 2:

This is MysterD we're talking about, I doubt he bought it from there, and I thought it was G2A but can't remember.
I've never bought anything from G2A or CDKeys.

EDIT 3:

my guess: someone gave it to him for free in hope that he would join MP w/ them. :whistle2:
Dishonored games lack MP.

I thought MysterD only bought boxed clearance games from Walmart.
Not always. Some games, companies, and franchises that I really like - yeah, I might be willing to splurge a bit.

This is definitely the case of games under Zenimax's umbrella - i.e. Bethesda games, Id Software games, and Arkane Studios.

Other companies might also include BioWare and/or RPG's with lots of hours to them.

Last night the Bros played Stayin' Alive and it was terrible.  Simply awful.  It's like "Who's Your Daddy?" in that you have a team of senior citizens in a nursing home trying to kill themselves and a team of nurses trying to prevent that from happening.  The graphics are amateur, the movement and controls are poorly done and the game is buggy where everyone in the first round was getting stuck in place.  There's also no sense of balance between the death implements and life saving implements.  There was a bizarre "feature" where a 1980s era speech synthesizer would speak whatever someone typed in the chat box but even that was garbage; it would cut itself off any time someone else typed something and get stuck in infinite loops. That's like adding an iced tea brewer to your television which also sometimes sets the TV on fire.  When we started the game, we had unbalanced teams so the game helpfully added a bot -- on both sides.  The game is early access but frankly shouldn't be sold at all right now because it's more of a buggy tech demo than a playable beta build.  Before the second round was concluded we were at risk of suicide ourselves if we kept playing this trash game and abandoned it. I don't see us ever going back.

Tonight we're playing DEFCON which was predestined when I kept trying to make the chat box say "Shall we play a game?" and Goose would interrupt it with "Whale cum".

MysterD, did you finish Dark Souls 1?

Well, maybe you will find  the strenght to do it with the Remastered version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl4BiWdW5Ek

They can even keep the same graphics as long as they port Demon's Souls to PC and rework some of the checkpoints so you don't spend 20 minutes backtracking.

I really hope that's a sign they're working on a Demon's Souls remaster
I imagine that would be a complete clusterfuck on the rights to publish...

It's the only game I can think of that has 3 different publishers. Hopefully, none of them have a say in a remake and they can just find the right publisher to make it happen.

They can even keep the same graphics as long as they port Demon's Souls to PC and rework some of the checkpoints so you don't spend 20 minutes backtracking.
It'll never come to PC. I agree the checkpoints in the game were annoying. Given how many games Sony remasters I'd be somewhat surprised if they wouldn't see the value in remastering Demon's Souls.

Dark Souls 1 apparently on the Dark Souls 3 engine sounds sublime. I hardly ever do second playthroughs of 50-60 hour RPGs but I can easily make an exception for this.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is coming to Steam on February 1st:

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-coming-pc-via-steam-february-1

I knew it would eventually make it, but I'm still annoyed that Square keeps doing these limited-time exclusivity for the console versions of these games.  And the MSRP is $50 too.  There is a 20% off launch discount, but I feel $40 is still too high, especially since the PS4 version has been as low as $20 within the last month or so.

I'll get it eventually, but I'm gonna have to wait for a price drop.

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-coming-pc-via-steam-february-1

I knew it would eventually make it, but I'm still annoyed that Square keeps doing these limited-time exclusivity for the console versions of these games. And the MSRP is $50 too. There is a 20% off launch discount, but I feel $40 is still too high, especially since the PS4 version has been as low as $20 within the last month or so.

It's been $15 on Target clearance too. Gonna be a while before it hits a good price on Steam

I knew it would eventually make it, but I'm still annoyed that Square keeps doing these limited-time exclusivity for the console versions of these games. And the MSRP is $50 too. There is a 20% off launch discount, but I feel $40 is still too high, especially since the PS4 version has been as low as $20 within the last month or so.

That's great news for PC gamers. But yea, that's been the conundrum for several years now with new release PC games. First of all you have to wait for the port. Then you're getting the game at full price MSRP while people have been buying the console version on sale for many months. People have been buying the PS4 version of FF12 on clearance at target for $12-24 for the last few weeks. Even if both platforms are released concurrently, console users often spend less because of GCU and sometimes BOGO.

Like when is FF12 going to be any cheaper than $32 on Steam? Not for prob close to two years after the console release and I don't want to wait that long.

I wish there were better incentives for new release PC gaming. But for the last 2-3 years my PC has taken a back seat to my consoles. Especially when your PC is behind the times, like mine is. These things are cyclical. I'm sure I'll be back to upgrading my PC when the next truly great MMO comes out. Steam is exceptional for other things like filling out your game library with back catalogue titles through Humble Monthly. But honestly there just hasn't been many super interesting things in brand new PC gaming lately. Divinity 2 I guess? CRPGs are always better with mouse and keyboard. I played a ton of Overwatch last year too. There haven't been any great MMOs since FF14. But the last PC new release I picked up (besdies Stormblood) was Civ 6 during '16 holidays and that was because of a B2G1 Target deal. I see it in the monthly now and I feel kinda foolish.

There are a ton of great ways to game on PC, but AAA new release purchasing is not one of them. (If you're at all concerned with value)

bread's done
Back