Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
"Most of the company works on product development"?
dubious.gif
*Actual stock photo of Valve employee developing products

ArtDesign_Aussies_1_27.1.jpg

Did anyone use Giveaway.su before? I used it a bit this past week to get some of their free games, and now my vk.com account was disabled or closed. Literally signed up for it a week ago and used it to like those two pages. Is the site for Russians only?

"Most of the company works on product development"?
dubious.gif
The Steam client is a product. So is the Steam link, controller, Steam boxes and Steam OS, etc.

As are obviously CS:GO, Dota, and TF2, all with continuing support.

The fact that they get away with 300 employees to develop all those products is pretty crazy, it means pretty much every employee is a developer, with very horizontal management structure, basically no one working on stuff like marketing/strategy who aren't also developers, etc. And that's not mentioning all the projects they have going on at any given time that never make it to announcement (which is reportedly an enormous amount, although Valve is very secretive).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, glad I asked or I probably would've bought it. So... this is a new thing they're doing then?
They didn't sell enough with just Civ 6 and DLC as the early unlock. They most likely won't do it again, unless they have absolutely no clue what game to feature and screw it up again next month.

I'd also like to note that this interactive sketch about szechuan sauce and fidget spinners makes me appreciate millennials eating bleach, because we honestly need a redo of my generation.

Amnesia collection is free on Humble Bundle right now, so if you somehow don't have it, go grab it, activate the key, delete Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs because it sucks, and play the Dark Descent.

Kotaku's Jason Schreier says that all BioWare Studios (BioWare Edmonton and Austin) are now all working on Anthem for 2019 release:
https://kotaku.com/bioware-doubles-down-on-anthem-as-pressure-mounts-1822380989

Jason blew the door wind-open on the stuff going on what went wrong w/ Mass Effect Andromeda; and also Visceral closing with their Star Wars Ragtag game being cancelled.

Also, Jason claims Mark Darrah who normally is one of the main players involved in Dragon Age franchise games has been moved over to Anthem.

Darrah himself basically confirms that he's working on Anthem now...and also still at work on DA Franchise (Exec. Producing now both).

Several 75-80% off Pinball FX3 table pack coupons landed in my inventory.  They're for Medieval Pack, Marvel Legends Pack, Heavy Hitters, Marvel Pinball Cinematic Pack & Star Wars™ Pinball Unsung Heroes.  I have all the tables so won't be using.  PM if you want any.

Back on topic - Godfather's pizza from the local truck stop rulz.   :beer:

Kotaku's Jason Schreier says that all BioWare Studios (BioWare Edmonton and Austin) are now all working on Anthem for 2019 release:
https://kotaku.com/bioware-doubles-down-on-anthem-as-pressure-mounts-1822380989

Jason blew the door wind-open on the stuff going on what went wrong w/ Mass Effect Andromeda; and also Visceral closing with their Star Wars Ragtag game being cancelled.

Also, Jason claims Mark Darrah who normally is one of the main players involved in Dragon Age franchise games has been moved over to Anthem.

Darrah himself basically confirms that he's working on Anthem now...and also still at work on DA Franchise (Exec. Producing now both).
Because Anthem is not an RPG, I'm already assuming that it will suck and that EA will shutter BioWare soon after its release, which is just depressing. Also, if they're trying to produce a new DA title without dedicating staff to it, I'm sure we can expect another Dragon Age II, at best.

Several 75-80% off Pinball FX3 table pack coupons landed in my inventory. They're for Medieval Pack, Marvel Legends Pack, Heavy Hitters, Marvel Pinball Cinematic Pack & Star Wars™ Pinball Unsung Heroes. I have all the tables so won't be using. PM if you want any.

Back on topic - Godfather's pizza from the local truck stop rulz. :beer:
Got these too, but I actually own most of the tables from Pinball FX 2, even though it's hard to figure this out based on what Steam shows you. They're good coupons, though. I used the one for the Medieval Pack and Unsung Heroes (because I only owned 1 of the 2 tables in that one), and paid $3.

You're a lucky SOB if you have Godfather's. We had it decades ago in Louisiana and they disappeared. Then they reopened some around the state about 10-15 years ago and they all closed about 5-10 years ago. I was on a trip last year to Houston and almost drove 20 miles outside of the city to go to a Godfather's, but my spouse is not that big a fan, so. . . :cry:

Because Anthem is not an RPG, I'm already assuming that it will suck and that EA will shutter BioWare soon after its release, which is just depressing. Also, if they're trying to produce a new DA title without dedicating staff to it, I'm sure we can expect another Dragon Age II, at best.

You're a lucky SOB if you have Godfather's. We had it decades ago in Louisiana and they disappeared. Then they reopened some around the state about 10-15 years ago and they all closed about 5-10 years ago. I was on a trip last year to Houston and almost drove 20 miles outside of the city to go to a Godfather's, but my spouse is not that big a fan, so. . . :cry:
Bioware has been dead for years, Jim. There's also no way that EA doesn't screw this up. They ruin everything. EA is the worst. There was probably a GREAT game underneath all of those Star Wars Battlefront 2 lootboxes but we will never know. I will never buy that shit, nor play it if stuff is still locked behind arbitrary gameplay and money walls. I feel so sorry for all the talented developers.

That's so funny. I just ate Godfather's Pizza buffet yesterday for lunch. I had a hankering for the desert pizza. Went into a sugar coma for the entire afternoon. We only have one Godfathers left in the state and I drive to the ghetto to go to it. It's like $9.64 for all you can eat buffet with a soda.

Bioware has been dead for years, Jim. There's also no way that EA doesn't screw this up. They ruin everything. EA is the worst. There was probably a GREAT game underneath all of those Star Wars Battlefront 2 lootboxes but we will never know. I will never buy that shit, nor play it if stuff is still locked behind arbitrary gameplay and money walls. I feel so sorry for all the talented developers.
I'm only a few hours into it, but I suspect that Mass Effect: Andromeda is highly underrated. While I understand some bitterness towards EA about Battlefront II, they're certainly capable of publishing good games. DA:I was one of the best post-Skyrim RPGs, not quite as good as The Witcher 3, but a considerable improvement on DAII. I think BioWare really had a future as a developer of the kinds of games that it's good at making. I'm hoping Microsoft isn't making the same mistake with the Fable franchise that EA is by saddling BioWare with Anthem.

That's so funny. I just ate Godfather's Pizza buffet yesterday for lunch. I had a hankering for the desert pizza. Went into a sugar coma for the entire afternoon. We only have one Godfathers left in the state and I drive to the ghetto to go to it. It's like $9.64 for all you can eat buffet with a soda.
:fridge: :cry: :whistle2:( :wall:

I'm only a few hours into it, but I suspect that Mass Effect: Andromeda is highly underrated. While I understand some bitterness towards EA about Battlefront II, they're certainly capable of publishing good games. DA:I was one of the best post-Skyrim RPGs, not quite as good as The Witcher 3, but a considerable improvement on DAII. I think BioWare really had a future as a developer of the kinds of games that it's good at making.
ME: Andromeda Talk:

I agree - ME:A is severely underrated.

ME:A suffers from a combo of things. It was over-hyped to the moon, just like Dragon Age 2. So, most people that love ME1-3 will probably say "ME:A sucks," when it's really more like that the other games ME1-3 are amazing and this ME:A is just actually solid and good. DA2 had this problem, after coming off DAO; DAO is one of the best & last old-school style CRPG's from the AAA space.

ME:A's first 10-20 hours feels like a tutorial to set you up for how to play the game, gameplay-wise. The combat is fantastic and easily the best in the series, action-wise - but it also lacks the strategy of the earlier ME games b/c you don't have the BioWare stategic-pause and you can't really strategically have your other party members do their special skills at your command; so ME:A feels more action-y. You can't sit forever in cover - as AI will get you out of it by destroying cover, throwing grenades, doing special skills, or whatever.

The story doesn't really kick in and go much of anywhere until you leave Eos, TBH. That's a big problem, as many might not get even past Eos b/c of this. Basically, this is the DA: Inquisition problem w/ you could stay too long in the Hinterlands all over again. Honestly, DA:I doesn't get going until you get out of the Hinterlands.

Also, ME:A lacks the great storytelling, character development, and whatnot that we normally find in BioWare-branded games. This is one of the game's biggest problems, IMHO - as BioWare games usually never mess this up. ME:A isn't horrible, mind you - but it feels like the script was cut majorly and/or they just hit the main important story-beats without much depth...and just moved the hell on to the next thing.

There are also tons of UbiSoft type of questing and it's a huge open-world for all of these maps just like those games - in which you do a lot off one-off quests, collect-a-thons, and not too important side-stuff. It can feel like, if you actually do tons of it, a lot of grind-work and stuff to do - and this for many was a problem w/ DA: Inquisition. It can also feel repetitive, too - if you do tons of this side-stuff.

I've enjoyed my 50 hours w/ ME:A - but I needed to get away from it. It doesn't feel like I'm anywhere close to the end of the story arc; feels like I'm somewhere in the middle. And the game's just got so much quantity-wise to it, especially w/ side-quest city and collect-a-thon city - that I just needed to get away from it. I needed a break from it.

About BioWare as a company:

I think most will say after DA2, it was headed towards a downward slump. Many people were upset w/ DA2, as they felt it was nowhere on DAO's level and really isn't even the same type of game as DAO (DA2 is more action-y and less of a RPG than DAI for many reasons - less decisions; overhead tac-cam removed; smaller scale/not-as-epic story; and the 3 Acts format.

Some people weren't even that fond of DAI, as that also tries to be more Skyrim-like than DAO-esque; DAI tries to combine the best elements of DAO; DA2; and some new stuff in DAI (UbiSoft open-world with one-off side quests and collect-a-thon city) - but, some people weren't fond of that.

A lot of people have certain expectations from a Franchise when it's already great - so when changing a lot of things, which might not be executed to many's liking, it can cause lots of disappointment and many don't want to deal w/ the so-called "growing pains".

BioWare isn't even really the same company these days. With Jennifer Hepler, Trent Oster (another BioWare co-founder that left, who is now leading Beamdog), the two co-founding doctors, David Gaider, Mike Laidlaw, and other key figures that are gone from BioWare - I don't think this new BioWare (after DA2) is really the same BioWare as pre-DA2 BioWare. Other than NWN1 base-game's Single Player Campaign, I think BioWare was pretty much untouchable before DA2.

These days - yeah, BioWare doesn't seem like it's untouchable anymore. It seems like it's putting games of different styles and different levels of quality, which can alienate a lot of its very hardcore and rabid fan-base.

I'm only a few hours into it, but I suspect that Mass Effect: Andromeda is highly underrated.
Not to me, that game was incredibly mediocre. There were some interesting and enjoyable aspects to the game, but they were FAR outweighed by the design flaws, repetitive and boring quests/side-quests, subpar (and sometimes downright silly) story and storytelling, and mostly bland/uninteresting characters.

So... spent the night fighting monsters with Captain Pawesome... yea... Monster Hunter is great.  4K looks nice.  Couple of weird animations but for the most part an enjoyable experience.  Can't wait to replay it when it hits Steam.

Not to me, that game was incredibly mediocre. There were some interesting and enjoyable aspects to the game, but they were FAR outweighed by the design flaws, repetitive and boring quests/side-quests, subpar (and sometimes downright silly) story and storytelling, and mostly bland/uninteresting characters.
He's not even at that stupid green planet where you run back and forth temple to temple before climbing each of the damned buildings platformer style. He'll come back and be just as bored as the rest of us. (or finding the end body for a quest that has you running all over the first planet ... it's like.. dude I know you died.... but the audio doesn't)

Just left a five hour Monster Hunter session myself.  I was going to play some Dragon Ball before I went to sleep but MH killed my video gaming urge for the night.  I have too much to play right now. 

ME: Andromeda Talk:
ME:A sucks b/c it is mediocre even as a stand alone game. A triple A team with AAA budget made this farce should all be fired from top to bottom. Under-rated? It was rightfully rated on release date, for the piss-poor, sorry state it was in. The EA/Bioware white knight and fan-boy apologist won't stand for it and thinking that placating EA will somehow make EA better and justify their fanboism/blind purchase!?

We want more shitty yet overpriced games coming out of EA in the upcoming years? By all mean, keep on defending their shoddy game R&D practice, their unadulterated greed and their lack of professional ethics.

bread's done
Back