Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So... spent the night fighting monsters with Captain Pawesome... yea... Monster Hunter is great. 4K looks nice. Couple of weird animations but for the most part an enjoyable experience. Can't wait to replay it when it hits Steam.
I've never played a monster hunter game... Does it have the random loot of Diablo? Loot in certain locations like Demon's Souls?

I know it has some sort of grind to it, right?

from what i've watched from streams, only mats drop from monsters. then you use the mats to craft gear and weapons. and yes, it is very grindy.

but why you thinking about MH, only 3 days left of GE. got my classified alpha bridge son, let's go!!!

from what i've watched from streams, only mats drop from monsters. then you use the mats to craft gear and weapons. and yes, it is very grindy.

but why you thinking about MH, only 3 days left of GE. got my classified alpha bridge son, let's go!!!
RNGebus has not been kind to me. I'm averaging one Damascus per day.

I've never played a monster hunter game... Does it have the random loot of Diablo? Loot in certain locations like Demon's Souls?

I know it has some sort of grind to it, right?
It's grindy. There's some RNG involved with materials, but much less so than games where equipment drops. At the very least, grinding a monster will earn you parts that you can use to make something (cosmetic armor, palico gear, extra weapons), instead of junk. I guess I can't say much about this new one, as I've only played a few hours, but I've been playing since MH PS2.

I've opened like 74 superior caches so far... I JUST finished Alpha. Tactician, Firecrest have been done for a little bit. Tactician being the most important... but even it can be outdone by Barrets, Inventive, and 4 PC tactician... Though Relentless backpack seems to be the most popular. You use a turret and sticky bomb and no health skills. (5% of the damage your turret does comes back to you as health.)

Alpha is so gimmicky... and requires the last shot for anything on it to work and no signature from allies really hampers it too. Frankly, till they redesign it it will likely sit on an ult and never be used. There is a bit of salt in my opinion. Most of the vets wanted the return of the old alphabridge. (In it you got use of all six talents but the FAMAS, now bullfrog, broke it (badly) and they reworked it to bottom talent only (and no exotic talents). They need to keep the no exotic talents. An MDR with uncomplicated (bullfrog) and two other talents would be so broke it would be disgusting.

Firecrest is very meh also... Its pretty much a supporting role only and the fire turret isn't as responsive as the Gatling gun turret and allot of enemies will run past it and focus on you.

Hunter's Faith... The set has always been crap and six pc doesn't seem to help too much from what I can tell (I don't have a full set though) but I've heard of people doing mass damage with it... but till the GE event ends and the ambush damage modifier is removed we really won't know how powerful it is.

Anyhow, get the sets finished now... They have fixed crap sets and items before and they'll likely do it again.

RNGebus has not been kind to me. I'm averaging one Damascus per day.
I'm the proud owner of about 5 new MDRs this week... and I've even dropped a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've opened like 74 superior caches so far... I JUST finished Alpha. Tactician, Firecrest have been done for a little bit. Tactician being the most important... but even it can be outdone by Barrets, Inventive, and 4 PC tactician... Though Relentless backpack seems to be the most popular. You use a turret and sticky bomb and no health skills. (5% of the damage your turret does comes back to you as health.)

Alpha is so gimmicky... and requires the last shot for anything on it to work and no signature from allies really hampers it too. Frankly, till they redesign it it will likely sit on an ult and never be used. There is a bit of salt in my opinion. Most of the vets wanted the return of the old alphabridge. (In it you got use of all six talents but the FAMAS, now bullfrog, broke it (badly) and they reworked it to bottom talent only (and no exotic talents). They need to keep the no exotic talents. An MDR with uncomplicated (bullfrog) and two other talents would be so broke it would be disgusting.

Firecrest is very meh also... Its pretty much a supporting role only and the fire turret isn't as responsive as the Gatling gun turret and allot of enemies will run past it and focus on you.

Hunter's Faith... The set has always been crap and six pc doesn't seem to help too much from what I can tell (I don't have a full set though) but I've heard of people doing mass damage with it... but till the GE event ends and the ambush damage modifier is removed we really won't know how powerful it is.

Anyhow, get the sets finished now... They have fixed crap sets and items before and they'll likely do it again.

I'm the proud owner of about 5 new MDRs this week... and I've even dropped a few.
Reading stuff like this just confirms that I'm playing a totally different game when I play The Division. I don't know what any of that means.

ME:A sucks b/c it is mediocre even as a stand alone game. A triple A team with AAA budget made this farce should all be fired from top to bottom. Under-rated? It was rightfully rated on release date, for the piss-poor, sorry state it was in. The EA/Bioware white knight and fan-boy apologist won't stand for it and thinking that placating EA will somehow make EA better and justify their fanboism/blind purchase!?

We want more shitty yet overpriced games coming out of EA in the upcoming years? By all mean, keep on defending their shoddy game R&D practice, their unadulterated greed and their lack of professional ethics.
Let's keep in mind here, I bought and played the game after its final patch. Most of the horrible animation issues are gone now (yeah, there's still some quirks, but nothing horrible) and it's honestly nothing worse than some of the shoddy, janky, and "meh" animations we've seen in Bethesda's RPG's and also FO: New Vegas.

The game got grilled, but honestly - is it really worse than other open-world FPS's like Homefront: The Revolution, Mafia 3, or any other games with the UbiSoft open-world repetition syndrome? MEA feels more like those games than say a true-blue ME1-3 type of title - in which all of those (HF:TR, M3, MEA) also are underrated and under-appreciated, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong here, either - none of those games are legendary either. Problem is: BioWare's legacy is that most of their games are legendary (DAO, BG1&2, NWN Hordes, ME1-3, JE), not just "solid" (NWN base-game, DA2, MEA).

I peasant fakyed, easily the most disgusting action that I've committed in recent memory, and am really, REALLY not into it. Don't know what I was expecting honestly. In theory, it seems appealing, but practice is just tedium. Also, the frame rate of the Xboner version leaves alot to be desired. Guess I need to figure out a way to sell it to get the most back or I'll have to beat myself for the transgression.

Okay, so I don't know much about MH: World.

So, Is this a SP offline game only?

MMO only?

Or can you do like Borderlands and go either offline or online whenever you wish?

True story:

Back in the PS2 days I bought and liked a game called Ghost Hunter.  Not the best game in the world, but you know, love survival horror/scar stuff.  So then I heard about a game called Monster Hunter and thought, wow, neat, must be like a sequel or prequel dealing with like mythical beasts instead of ghosts.  Bought and tried to play it and to my dismay it was a damn arpg or something.  

I owned a House and destroyed three others before reading about how many people drooled over them. Of course, I haven't seen one drop since (which is fine since I own it)
It's one of the best exotics... Granted, the game suffers from a lot of bad exotics.

Urban MDR, Bullfrog, The House, Big Alejandro, Devil are the real standout weapons. Some others have limited uses.

Gear Exotics are in a bad place due to classified gear. Stats on exotics can just roll higher. Barret's sees some use, same with Skull's gloves, and Shortbow Kneepads.

I played MHW last night on XBO X and loved it.  Basically, to up your odds of getting loot you aim for specific hit boxes on the monster (ie. head parts come from... (gasp) head region).  You can also knock said parts off mid battle (then you have to sheath your weapon, run to it, and pick it up... mid battle)  It's got good patterns like Dark Souls but not nearly as punishing on death.  In fact, you get 3 strikes on quests/missions.  Each death is a little less money/stuff at the end.  In the open world/exploration mode, you can die as much as you want.  Since in THIS game you can't repeat quests, I'm using the exploration to dink around and figure out my combos.  Tons of weapons each playing different.  I'll likely end up double dipping when it comes out on Steam. 

But I'm also a Monster Hunter fiend and have a bunch of the monster toys from Japan and whatnot.  So I'm a bit biased.  

I peasant fakyed, easily the most disgusting action that I've committed in recent memory, and am really, REALLY not into it. Don't know what I was expecting honestly. In theory, it seems appealing, but practice is just tedium. Also, the frame rate of the Xboner version leaves alot to be desired. Guess I need to figure out a way to sell it to get the most back or I'll have to beat myself for the transgression.
I'm pretty excited about the game and was considering breaking down and buying it on PS4, but after watching a few people stream the game it looks to run at a decidedly headache-inducing sub 30 fps. I think I'll just have to wait until Autumn for this one. Although I'll probably borrow a copy over the summer at some point.

How on earth does talking about sports make more sense in a PC gaming thread than talking about an upcoming and highly anticipated PC game?

Umm ... yeah ... and that reason is probably not to talk about upcoming PC games.
It's not coming out until fall, and I honestly expect it to get delayed at least once. Dat shit ain't coming out for a long time. Sports talk was at least current lol. For now you guys are talking about a PS4/Xbox game rather than an "upcoming PC port".

All I'm saying is that if I owned the game I sure as hell wouldn't be discussing it here where few people would care. If there was any info about the PC port aside from the estimated release date then that'd be a different story.

All I'm saying is that if I owned the game I sure as hell wouldn't be discussing it here where few people would care. If there was any info about the PC port aside from the estimated release date then that'd be a different story.
Wow, can't believe Spoder is becoming the topic police. Please then, enlighten us on the awesome sale opportunities on this weeks Steam sale... I mean, they don't change daily. So we have no reason to talk about that. They don't have flash sales. Whatever the sale is one day, it'll be the next day. So an argument could be made that the thread serves no further purpose for a continuous thread and should just be remade for every sale.

And someone cared because they asked a question that wasn't responded to. So I responded.

That being said..

Has anyone played Staxel and My Time in Portia? Read an article that said Portia is more like a slow ease in with lots to do, Staxel is like a Sandbox but not much to do. I prefer Rune Factory over Harvest Moon if that helps describe the kind of games I like more.

Here is a Q that relates to PCs: how the heck does bitcoin affect the prices of computer parts?

I don’t fully understand crypto currency but seems really strange to me

Here is a Q that relates to PCs: how the heck does bitcoin affect the prices of computer parts?

because miners buy all the parts = higher demand than supply = prices increase

Using GPU is most cost efficient way to mine for now.

Wow, can't believe Spoder is becoming the topic police. Please then, enlighten us on the awesome sale opportunities on this weeks Steam sale... I mean, they don't change daily. So we have no reason to talk about that. They don't have flash sales. Whatever the sale is one day, it'll be the next day. So an argument could be made that the thread serves no further purpose for a continuous thread and should just be remade for every sale.

And someone cared because they asked a question that wasn't responded to. So I responded.

That being said..

Has anyone played Staxel and My Time in Portia? Read an article that said Portia is more like a slow ease in with lots to do, Staxel is like a Sandbox but not much to do. I prefer Rune Factory over Harvest Moon if that helps describe the kind of games I like more.
did I tell you that you can't post about monster hunter here? no. I was saying that I don't get why you're posting about it here when you can find more beneficial discussions about it in other threads, where people care more so it makes more sense to post there. discuss what you want, where you want, but some reading comprehension might do you some good.

anyway, my post wasn't directed at just you. it was all the monster hunter talk in general.

I'm a total of 35 hours into Sword Coast Legends (PC / Steam) and still am digging it. Story & character stuff has been pretty good; and combat evokes those old party-based DAO/NWN/BG/Icewind Dale style.

No, it ain't spectacular - but it's definitely a solid and glad I got it before it got pulled from Steam. Easily worth the $5 or so.

I want to discuss Red Dead Redemption.
Denied

iYLTlfr.png

Huh, I had no idea Red Dead Redemption never came out for PC. I thought it was a given. RIP RDR2.
RDR2 will likely come out on Steam a year after console release. Doubt Rockstar would care enough to port RDR at this point though. GTA5 PC has sold extremely well, Rockstar won't ignore a PC port for RDR2

Wait. Is RDR going to be a GOG PC Exclusive first? ;)

EDIT:

RDR2 will likely come out on Steam a year after console release. Doubt Rockstar would care enough to port RDR at this point though. GTA5 PC has sold extremely well, Rockstar won't ignore a PC port for RDR2
They should just bundle RDR1+2 for the PC together at once in one package.

RDR2 would be a blockbuster and best seller alone on Steam, but sweetening the deal by bundling RDR1 with it would just give PC gamers more reason to support RDR2.

So an argument could be made that the thread serves no further purpose for a continuous thread and should just be remade for every sale.
Can we have a separate zGold thread?

Actually the whole reason WHY there's one continuous thread is so the board isn't covered with topics about every minor sale from Steam, Amazon, GMG, Gamersgate, etc.

Primarily GPU prices. The way GPUs handle math makes them very well suited for crypto-currency mining so people are buying them up in droves. Then they pretty much run the GPUs into the ground, running them at max load, and dump the used cards on eBay (I wouldn't buy a used card these days). Stores can't keep new ones in stock and the used ones are garbage that maybe you'll be able to get replaced under warranty.

Actually the whole reason WHY there's one continuous thread is so the board isn't covered with topics about every minor sale from Steam, Amazon, GMG, Gamersgate, etc.
The way PC game sales are these days, ain't every sale pretty much minor? ;)

Can we have a separate zGold thread?

Quick, someone go bump the GamersGate thread! And while you're at it, go bump one of the Amazon PCDD threads (do those still exist?)

Maybe it is just me and being old, but I do not find topics easily on CAG.  I follow this thread, the trade, humble, groupees and fanatical/BS.  This thread has been the main hang out for PC gaming.  Offtopic happens all the time as pointed out mainly due to sales do  not change daily and there is not the hustle like flipping with consoles.  I enjoy the personalities here.  Thank you

I played "My time in Your Mom", I could tell you about that... It's a short and quick story... COME ON, I'M SETTING U UP HERE!!!

bread's done
Back