Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Probably a loaded question and all, but...do you prefer Destiny 2 or The Division?
It's not that loaded... Outside of the open beta I've not played Destiny 2.

The beta was enjoyable, though I felt list in regards to who was who and what was going on story wises, and ran amazingly. Now, from what I've gathered the story in Destiny (1 & 2) is just sort of there and never really develops... Which I find disappointing. Add that to the delayed release and near universal disappointment and I've jot felt the need to try over farther.

Everyone sucks at Siege until you're good at Siege. There's really no middle ground.
Sadly, it's not a game that really does a good job of making that experience easier to endure. (And the community is really toxic from my experience, as limited as that might be.)

I do really enjoy terrorist hunt... I just wish it wasn't so limited.

Has anyone tried For Honor recently? I know a big balance patch and dedicated servers came out on the 15th.

This weekend I played nothing.  I finally feel (somewhat) better again and I went outside and stuff.  College basketball game, college baseball game, bought a cart full of cat litter, those types of things.  

This weekend I played nothing. I finally feel (somewhat) better again and I went outside and stuff. College basketball game, college baseball game, bought a cart full of cat litter, those types of things.
So you're making napalm to use at a college? #America

Nope. You would need to buy the Steam-version to be able to do so.

In the older days: you could add Non-Steam games, take screens of those, and those would actually show screenies on your Activity Feed - while you can still do that and all, the screens for Non-Steam games won't show on your Activity Feed anymore.

If you want to review Non-Steam games - you could just Create a Group on Steam and just post reviews there.
The screenshots for non steam games not showing up in activity feed really grinds my gears. I own GTA5 but it is direct through rockstar's client (which even steam users have to use), same with ubisoft/uplay but those shots won't show up because "reasons".

The screenshots for non steam games not showing up in activity feed really grinds my gears. I own GTA5 but it is direct through rockstar's client (which even steam users have to use), same with ubisoft/uplay but those shots won't show up because "reasons".
Yeah, I have numerous games outside of Steam - and GTA5 RSSC Version is one of them. So, yeah - I feel you; Steam's change for screenies suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is the only day off for me this weekend.  Fallout 4 is the game at this point.  I am caught in a loop of minuteman missions being auto assigned when I turn in.  I have failed a mission with it taking too long while I was exploring other areas.  Good point is the game levels up with you i.e. enemies get tougher and more options unlock to build more / better stuff , base building, connecting your outposts, etc.  I just wish I knew how long I can break away from missions without having them fail.  

I may have to treat this game like Skyrim and come back to it every so often.

I played some Monster Hunter World this weekend.  Got to the Ruined Vale (or w/e it's called) Then went back to Coral area and realized there was a beastie there I hadn't even hunted yet.  Was looking a D1/D2 but man, I hate mixing platforms (alot).

Played some Siege during the free weekend and really, really liked it. It really nails the special ops feeling. But it seems like way too much of an investment to me to get into right now. If I can't even figure out which version of the game is the right one to buy, it's a pretty good hint that it's not really the game for me.

Played some Siege during the free weekend and really, really liked it. It really nails the special ops feeling. But it seems like way too much of an investment to me to get into right now. If I can't even figure out which version of the game is the right one to buy, it's a pretty good hint that it's not really the game for me.
any but the starter edition, which increases the grind to get new guys by a lot. The only diff in the other versions are what season passes they are going to come with, and passes are just going to give you free access to that seasons operators without having to earn renown and buy them (plus a few extras like some skins n stuff)

Played some Overwatch during the Free Weekend for a bit, a little bit ago today. Yup, still as fun as can be. I'm definitely playing much better at this cartoonish, over-the-top game in comparison to the much more realistic style of R6: Siege. Seem to still rack up decent amount of kills for me w/ D'Va and Farrah.

I played Silent Hill Homecoming a few years back, and despite its mediocre reviews it's not bad. Solid 7/10 or so. $2.73 is worth it
The problem isn't the game, it's that it's a shit port.. according to the reviews anyway. I haven't tried it myself to confirm anything

I'm sure at $2.73 it's a try though

Played Metal Gear Survive beta and wasn't in love with it. TD game and the UI was straight preggers. Not preordering.

Siege is anything but the starter. Grind on the starter edition is straight preggers. You don't need the SPs. Some of the new operators are cool, but they just tend to be variations on the base operators. And some of the new ones are preggers.

any but the starter edition, which increases the grind to get new guys by a lot. The only diff in the other versions are what season passes they are going to come with, and passes are just going to give you free access to that seasons operators without having to earn renown and buy them (plus a few extras like some skins n stuff)
Ah, pay-to-not-play. Love it when developers have so much confidence in how fun their game is that their business model counts on people paying them money to avoid having to play it.

Still not nearly as bad as Destiny's "pay $10 extra to skip to level 25". I definitely won't ever be playing that game if the devs are basically telling you that they made the experience of playing the early game such garbage that people are willing pay to avoid it.

My favorite part was when spoder checked pasports' playtime because he wanted to be right.

giphy.gif

With how crafty some people are at finding glitches and how hard working other people are to flip games for $5 gamestop credit winning this bit coin (a little under 10k) should be no problem for CAG.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/768750/MonteCrypto_The_Bitcoin_Enigma/

Time to clear your calendar for this Tuesday.  

Madjoki probably already has the answer and is just waiting to be able to claim his prize.

My favorite part was when spoder checked pasports' playtime because he wanted to be right.
More like I checked if he owned it on steam cuz I wasn't sure if he was talking about the steam or the console version. I just used the playtime thing as a joke. I like how you care though! Don't worry, I'll stalk your profile in return so that you don't feel left out

With how crafty some people are at finding glitches and how hard working other people are to flip games for $5 gamestop credit winning this bit coin (a little under 10k) should be no problem for CAG.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/768750/MonteCrypto_The_Bitcoin_Enigma/

Time to clear your calendar for this Tuesday.

Madjoki probably already has the answer and is just waiting to be able to claim his prize.
I'll give 99% change of that being scam :p "someone else completed it before you".

Their idea of releasing D1 on PC was allowing you to play the game on an Xbox One through your PC in some stupid streaming service that's absolutely useless. "Cross-platform" my ass.
What are you referring to? I don't see Destiny on the Windows Store anywhere.

Ah, pay-to-not-play. Love it when developers have so much confidence in how fun their game is that their business model counts on people paying them money to avoid having to play it.

Still not nearly as bad as Destiny's "pay $10 extra to skip to level 25". I definitely won't ever be playing that game if the devs are basically telling you that they made the experience of playing the early game such garbage that people are willing pay to avoid it.
Oh, it's pretty commonplace these days. It's what the whole lootbox economy is based on. There's a similar option in Injustice 2 where, once you've levelled one character up to the cap of 20, you can max out as many characters as you want for 10,000 source crystals each. Crystals are sold in packs that range from $1-50 for up to 150,000.

R6 Siege is just catering to instant gratification.  A new operator comes out and someone wants to play them now and not in ten days.  Key phrase there is "wants to play them".  If they actually disliked the game play and wanted to skip it, they wouldn't be paying cash money for operator unlocks via the Season Pass.

It also means that people who don't play several hours daily can access the new operators now and not a month from now when they finally collect enough points for an unlock.

Really, the only carrot R6S offers is its game play.  Injustice actually has a leveling system with increased stats, abilities, gear unlocks, etc.  R6S is just "unlock the operator and go" -- aside from player skill/knowledge, your 500th game with Fuze will be mechanically identical to your first game with Fuze.  There's no skipping content or leveling curves involved.

Today is the only day off for me this weekend. Fallout 4 is the game at this point. I am caught in a loop of minuteman missions being auto assigned when I turn in. I have failed a mission with it taking too long while I was exploring other areas. Good point is the game levels up with you i.e. enemies get tougher and more options unlock to build more / better stuff , base building, connecting your outposts, etc. I just wish I knew how long I can break away from missions without having them fail.
I may have to treat this game like Skyrim and come back to it every so often.
I don't recall any missions failing based on a timer, but I could be wrong. The only "missions" on a timer I know of are settlement defense, which I completely ignore because I play survival mode with no fast travel.

Hello CAGgers!
What are the recommended HDDs these days? I think someone mentioned Toshiba at some point? Looking for a good price/performance balance. Is WD Blue any good? Seagate barracuda?

WD Black or die!

Actually Blue or Black are both good.  Anecdotally, I'm still using a ten year old WD Blue that was the C: boot drive in my old box so it was in use all the time.  Still works today.  Don't use Red or Green.  Red is for RAIDs or servers or something and Green is the eco-line that prioritizes power saving over speed.

I haven't used a non-WD HDD in over a decade so don't have an opinion on other brands.

R6 Siege is just catering to instant gratification. A new operator comes out and someone wants to play them now and not in ten days. Key phrase there is "wants to play them". If they actually disliked the game play and wanted to skip it, they wouldn't be paying cash money for operator unlocks via the Season Pass.

It also means that people who don't play several hours daily can access the new operators now and not a month from now when they finally collect enough points for an unlock.

This

The SPs for r6 are more of a way to support the game. You can earn the credits in a week or 2 to buy one of the more expensive ops if you want. The base set of ops you can unlock really quick and I think next season they all come unlocked standard

Hello CAGgers!
What are the recommended HDDs these days? I think someone mentioned Toshiba at some point? Looking for a good price/performance balance. Is WD Blue any good? Seagate barracuda?
I usually recommend the toshibas for their price/perf. Last I checked no one had them beat on that. The 'P' series is thier more budget friendly option at ~60$ for the 2tb, I use one of these in my steamos box. Then the 'X' series which is more performance focused, I think it has a larger cache than most drives and I use 2 of those in my main box

In both cases no other manufacturer comes close to their price, especially for what they are offering

Hello CAGgers!
I like WD Reds. But my computer is on all the time and I don't care much about load times most of the time. I'll just install the game on my ssd if I care about load times.

I got an 8tb easystore (external) from Best Buy for $160 (they go on sale for about this price fairly frequently). It's not that hard to remove the drive inside (they're WD Reds, although some have white labels) to use as an internal.

Since we are on drive talk, what's everyone opinion on externals? Either with or without AC adapter. Recently had our first child and my wife wants to have all the pictures and video (good lord, so many) we take backed up on an external. Trying to balance cost with capacity and convenience.

Since we are on drive talk, what's everyone opinion on externals? Either with or without AC adapter. Recently had our first child and my wife wants to have all the pictures and video (good lord, so many) we take backed up on an external. Trying to balance cost with capacity and convenience.
Personally, I think that WD Passports are pretty great. They come in a good variety of flavors (1-4 Tb), and are reasonably priced (starting at ~$50). They're bus-powered so you don't have to lug around a power supply/cable as in the bad old days. They're also small enough that you can put them almost anywhere.

Has anyone mentioned that Steam has fixed / added wishlist numbering and order? Because if not... they did.

They just need to add a tile sizing option now.

Personally, I think that WD Passports are pretty great. They come in a good variety of flavors (1-4 Tb), and are reasonably priced (starting at ~$50). They're bus-powered so you don't have to lug around a power supply/cable as in the bad old days. They're also small enough that you can put them almost anywhere.
Those are definitely a good option for me. Thinking just a 2TB as the value/TB jumps quite a bit from 1TB to 2TB but not much greater 3TB+.

Hard Drive Talk: I seem to gravitate towards Seagate Barracude and WD Black for large internal hard drives (2TBs or greater). For external and portable use I really like Seagate's Backup Plus hard drives (2-4TBs). I've yet to have one fail on me in the past 8 years, so I'm probably biased.

Also, I've been playing a ton of Monster Hunter World on PS4 this weekend (the long PC port delay made me have to pick a side for this game). I only dabbled briefly with Monster Hunter on the Vita long ago, but I hated the camera control so I quit in frustration. MHW is a ton of fun even though it's a long grind. Finding a good discount pushed me over the edge on fakeying.

Hello CAGgers!
Do not buy Seagate internal drives. They fail/break at a much higher rate. Get a WD Blue or Black.

Happy Me Day folks! It's a beautiful day, the very best President's Day ever. Everyone says so. Everyone also says ... NO COLLUSION! Of course they do. Everyone knows there was no collusion. None whatsoever.

There's a tremendous new bundle over at Fanatical. The Fanatical Starter bundle. It's only $1.99 which is tremendous. Really great bundle. The very best.

Slain: Back from Hell
Monster Slayers + DLC
Tropico 4 Collector’s Bundle
Silence of the Sleep
Toren
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014
Rise of the Triad
Gray Matter
Dungeons 2
Perfect Universe – Play with Gravity

All for $1.99. Really, really, great ... very great deal ... and I know deals. Everyone says so.

Happy Me Day folks! It's a beautiful day, the very best President's Day ever. Everyone says so. Everyone also says ... NO COLLUSION! Of course they do. Everyone knows there was no collusion. None whatsoever.
Glad to hear that. For a moment, I figured we'd all be too busy to remember that Democrats gave you a lot of free publicity and all blame for your presidency would get redirected towards Russia because zomg communists. Kinda surprising since it's easier and more beneficial for the elites to place fault entirely on another demographic instead of addressing their own corruption (i.e. everyone hating Mexicans because of shady outsourcing and illegal hiring practiced by corporations). Good to know we're all on track to #MAGA.

Also, there was another bundle, and they were mostly repeats for me too.

Indie Legends 7 Bundle, 8 games for $2.99

• Barony
  • GoNNeR
  • Replica
  • DEADLIGHT
  • Bad Dream: Coma
  • The Count Lucanor
  • Mad Games Tycoon
  • Kingdom Rush Frontiers (huh isn't this a mobile or FB game?)

Do not buy Seagate internal drives. They fail/break at a much higher rate. Get a WD Blue or Black.
Interesting. I've installed 18-20 Seagate drives on my own PC builds and for others over the years, but have yet to have one fail on me. I have had two WD Green and a WD Blue drive fail, but WD Black drives are reliable in my experience. It's interesting to get others opinions on hard drives, but I think it comes down to luck of the draw sometimes.

Thanks everyone for the opinions.  I've been curious about the Seagate Firecudas, but for the price, the Toshiba X300 might be the best performance/price balance out there.  

Hello CAGgers!
I like the WD Blacks; and both the Toshiba P300 and especially the X300.

I just put in a 4TB X300 recently - it's really freakin' good.

Free Games  :-({|=

Steam

LXD0V-XGV0V-P762N        /    Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™

6TK70-NHBYN-BEK05        /    Liveza: Death of the Earth
A0PT7-P09MC-X2D0K        /    Golden Swords

A0B2M-XVBTX-V86G3      /    Professor Nasty Time: The Stupidly Unfair Test Simulator 2016

(Epic Launcher key)

7XZWK-X4EDS-BGSJ9-7BAE2       /        Shadow Complex Remastered

Free Games :-({|=

Steam

LXD0V-XGV0V-P762N / Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™

6TK70-NHBYN-BEK05 / Liveza: Death of the Earth
A0PT7-P09MC-X2D0K / Golden Swords

A0B2M-XVBTX-V86G3 / Professor Nasty Time: The Stupidly Unfair Test Simulator 2016

(Epic Launcher key)

7XZWK-X4EDS-BGSJ9-7BAE2 / Shadow Complex Remastered
I got Golden Swords.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back