Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Owning a laptop is like admitting that your wife or mom won't you use the living room. You need to alpha up, urinate in a corner of the room and claim it as a man. Put your real man desktop there and defy that woman to tell you "No".
Yeah, that generally only ends one way: me in the hospital with a laptop-shaped lump on my head.

serious gaming question here

Anyone else fakeybro and pre order battletech? Probably showing my age to all you youngsters but I loved the board game way back and loved mechcommander as well.
Yes, I somehow kept myself from Kickstarting it... I would have done that but I've seen way too many Kickstarter games with better deals day 1 than what you got from KS it.

Anybody got a laptop desk recommendation? I use mine only in bed, in chairs, or on the floor so rolling without one isn't great. The one I have now has done OK, but the built-in mouse pad has started detaching and bubbling... which is suboptimal. Online reviews aren't so helpful.

15.6" laptop, wireless mouse
What? I must admit that I don't do laptops so I might not be thinking this out right... but isn't the point of a laptop so you don't have to have a desk?

Anyhow, if I had to toss out a recommendation I suggest a cat... You mostly see the cat on top of the laptop but the cat will be just as warm with the laptop on top of them. :)

Yes, I somehow kept myself from Kickstarting it... I would have done that but I've seen way too many Kickstarter games with better deals day 1 than what you got from KS it.

What? I must admit that I don't do laptops so I might not be thinking this out right... but isn't the point of a laptop so you don't have to have a desk?

Anyhow, if I had to toss out a recommendation I suggest a cat... You mostly see the cat on top of the laptop but the cat will be just as warm with the laptop on top of them. :)
It's like a lunch tray-sized thing with a wrist "cushion", glued-down mouse pads on either side, and beanbag strips on the bottom that pretty much said fuck it a few months ago. It's basically to reinforce bad habits like never leaving my bed on my days off.

Papa John's has at Participating Locations: Large 3 Topping Pizza + 8 Wings or 15 Chicken Poppers for $12 when you apply the promo code 12MEAL. Delivery fee may apply. Thanks hapollo

Note: You must choose between either the Wings or Chicken Poppers, you do not get both with the coupon.
fyi

I've been to Atlanta enough times (even as few as they were) that I never, EVER want to go back, but I am content to just watch it on tv. Same thing with Portland. Oregon, not Maine.

Wow, this thread went all crickets. And here I am trying to find a cheap game to waste a weekend on.
Origin has Titanfall 2 for $5 and BF1 Regular/Revolution for $10/20.

Amazon matched those, in case you have Amazon Gift Cards from Bing searching (or any other method).

Steam has Square doing a Weekend Sale - http://store.steampowered.com/sale/squareenix-publisher-weekend/

Conflict: Denied Ops = 89 cents.

Conflict: Desert Storm = 97 cents.

Other stuff on sale too.

misc_stiers4.jpg

394Qm3p.gif

How's Desert Storm?
It looks very similar to another Conflict game, Global Terror, that made it to PC but not to Steam, for whatever reason. I played it on a Peasant Box and really enjoyed it, even if it was pretty difficult game, sometimes brutal. 97 cents is more than worth the gamble.

It looks very similar to another Conflict game, Global Terror, that made it to PC but not to Steam, for whatever reason. I played it on a Peasant Box and really enjoyed it, even if it was pretty difficult game, sometimes brutal. 97 cents is more than worth the gamble.
Thanks for the info.

Hmmmm. I wonder if Global Terror will ever hit Steam or GOG some day.

I have it on good authority that 2K games is skipping this year's version of NBA 2K to port over a 13 year old game.  It's been given top priority.  They might even have to skip WWE 2K19 as well, but they will get the port done.  

I have it on good authority that 2K games is skipping this year's version of NBA 2K to port over a 13 year old game. It's been given top priority. They might even have to skip WWE 2K19 as well, but they will get the port done.
Awesome. I knew the floodgates would be open for old-games on Steam and GOG, after Square decided to bring CT to Steam. ;)

Rockstar better be next w/ Red Dead Revolver and Redemption.

Been playing Pillars of Eternity for the past week or so. If you like old Crpgs play it, it's great. Character creator is insane because there are a bajillion directions you can go in with creating your player, writing is great, presentation is well done (for an isometric old school rpg it looks amazing, soundtrack is good), and while the tactical combat to me isn't quite as good/fun as something like baldur's gate 2 it's pretty good overall. Also the lore of the world is incredibly deep, if you're looking to get lost and immersed this will do it. The beginning of the game makes your head spin because all these terms and lore references get thrown out immediately, you really need to read through your journal/codex thing to get what's going on.

Also, my suggestion for anybody who is a completionist is to download the IE Mod, you can use it to increase the amount of experience needed to level up. I've read that if you do a bunch of sidequest you're way overleveled in the last 3rd of the game. 

But yeah tldr it's awesome.

I have it on good authority that 2K games is skipping this year's version of NBA 2K to port over a 13 year old game. It's been given top priority. They might even have to skip WWE 2K19 as well, but they will get the port done.
Thats only because they know every version of NBA 2k gets worse and worse. No point in wasting their time on it anymore, the VC wrecked the game as much as they can. Waiting for the day you buy the game and you gotta buy a $4.99 DLC that unlocks options on the menu screen.

Since we're now mentioning deals, if anyone missing my post in Fanatical thread...

And if anyone's missing both original The Longest Journey and the sequel Dreamfall...

The TLJ Pack [Steam key] for that is $5 on Fantatical (BundleStars) for their Star Deal.

Okay, been checking out the FF XV: Windows Edition Demo on Steam. Some thoughts incoming.

So, combat feels way different from any major FF game that I've ever played. For the most part, it feels like almost everything here is in real-time and it feels like an action game. Honestly, it's a lot of fun, if you are into real-time combat and action games. What's interesting w/ your party of 4 here is you can actually hit the gamepad (or keyboard/mouse); call up their own special techniques; and it feels like you're doing old-school FF menus to let the game do the special skill, spell, or something. You can call up menus for weapons, items, hot-key them, and also switch b/t those when in combat. Of course, you can call up Inventory and all of that stuff too.

This game feels like also Skyrim and Final Fantasy had a baby, more or less. You have pretty much an open-world for you to explore and side-quests and treasures and things to find on your way, as the game-world resembles a road-trip across America. You can drive the car, once you get it and it rides just fine. Also, you can have one of the others drive during the day if you like, as well. At night, though - you have to manually drive it yourself (as Noctis).

I don't know much about these characters, as not much has really developed here in the hour or so that I played w/ the demo - but I do like the banter that seems to be going on quite often with them. It always seems fun, light-hearted, and interesting. The 4 of them seem to be the best friends and play well off each others' remarks, lines, and whatnot.

Questing seems, at least early on, like fetch quests here and there. Kill X this and/or that. Go to Y area(s). And they might even give you challenges to get extra EXP to do certain skills, moves, techniques, or whatever when doing a quest. So, that's cool - the challenges make things a bit more interesting here on these type of MMO-type of quests. You can save in some areas, but not all. You can save during some quests, but not at all times. You basically level-up at hotels/motels, outposts, and other safe-areas. You also can get extra EXP boosts and bonuses, depending on where you save, which is interesting.

So, performance...this is the next story. I'm running an i7 950 Bloomfield; 16 GB DDR3 RAM; GTX 970; and Windows 7 64-bit. With almost everything on Average and like 2 settings on High (for filtering) at 1440p, it runs all over the place - anywhere from like 33 frames to 60 frames. It's all over the place at 1440p. So, I locked it to 30fps and it runs smooth as silk now. Even at Average settings, the game just looks great; they really seem to have the look and feel for a road-trip out in America down very well. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to run that great. It runs okay here basically, so far. I might mess around w/ some other settings and stuff - but there's a fair amount of settings and customization in the menus for graphics, so that's good.

So, there's my thoughts...so far. A lot to like so far, but I just wish it performed better on my PC.

So, performance...this is the next story. I'm running an i7 950 Bloomfield; 16 GB DDR3 RAM; GTX 970; and Windows 7 64-bit. With almost everything on Average and like 2 settings on High (for filtering) at 1440p, it runs all over the place - anywhere from like 33 frames to 60 frames. It's all over the place at 1440p. So, I locked it to 30fps and it runs smooth as silk now. Even at Average settings, the game just looks great; they really seem to have the look and feel for a road-trip out in America down very well. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to run that great. It runs okay here basically, so far. I might mess around w/ some other settings and stuff - but there's a fair amount of settings and customization in the menus for graphics, so that's good.

So, there's my thoughts...so far. A lot to like so far, but I just wish it performed better on my PC.
Did you try 1080p? 970 is more like the bare minimum for reaching 60 FPS at 1080p, I wouldn't be trying to run it at 1440p with that GPU unless you're ok with 30 fps

Did you try 1080p? 970 is more like the bare minimum for reaching 60 FPS at 1080p, I wouldn't be trying to run it at 1440p with that GPU unless you're ok with 30 fps
The thing is: 1080p normally does not look good at all on a 4K monitor. It's a major downgrade from 4K -> 1080p, which causes other side effects. I can give it a shot - but I'd likely have to do other things (like use better sampling techniques) just to try to filter the extra blurring effect out and any jaggies out. It might not be worth it, in the long run - as the sampling will make it take more framerate hits.

The other thing I could do is try to render at 1440p and then do a rendering percentage resolution of that, since it does have an internal setting to do that. Unfortunately, you only have settings of 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 175%, and 200%. Frostbite Engine with ME:A has a bar and you can set percentages up to 100%.

The thing is: 1080p normally does not look good at all on a 4K monitor. It's a major downgrade from 4K -> 1080p, which causes other side effects. I can give it a shot - but I'd likely have to do other things (like use better sampling techniques) just to try to filter the extra blurring effect out and any jaggies out. It might not be worth it, in the long run.

The other thing I could do is try to render at 1440p and then do a rendering percentage resolution of that, since it does have an internal setting to do that.
Uh.. why are you using a 4k monitor with a 970?

Uh.. why are you using a 4k monitor with a 970?
Wanted to be able to go to leap to 1440p and a bigger screen. 1080p was boring me. I saw a 4K 28'' Samsung on sale, so instead I went w/ that; it was similar type of money. Bought this monitor over a year ago or so, during Black Friday for around $224 after Amazon Gift Cards.

I also wanted more desktop space, which is one of the things I love about 4K.

Anyways, I can run most games at 1440p at 60fps w/ Medium to High settings, except pretty much FFXV PC Demo and ME: Andromeda.

EDIT:

Anyways, 1080p straight up just doesn't look that great here on FFXV PC. 1080p w/ 125% render or 1440p with 75% render is really only giving 40-45fps on a regular basis in the open-world @ mostly Average settings and some cranked-up filtering and different AA methods (i.e. TXA).

Might as well stick w/ 1440p at 30fps with 100% render, with the way this is going. It's at least solid, stable, and runs fine. Just...nothing special.

Wanted to be able to go to leap to 1440p and a bigger screen. 1080p was boring me. I saw a 4K 28'' Samsung on sale, so instead I went w/ that; it was similar type of money. Bought this monitor over a year ago or so, during Black Friday for around $224 after Amazon Gift Cards.

I also wanted more desktop space, which is one of the things I love about 4K.

Anyways, I can run most games at 1440p at 60fps w/ Medium to High settings, except pretty much FFXV PC Demo and ME: Andromeda.
How many desktop shortcuts do you have to need 4k?

Hello all - SO after over 20 years of console gaming, I have decided to go back to my roots as a PC gamer but this week, and a little bit of the weekend, proved that this task was easier said than done.

Oh, and I saw that GameStop sells gaming PCs so to me this was a no brainer.

Then I did some more research
Person opens post claiming PC gaming is difficult, then describes doing some completely ridiculous thing that literally no person on earth has ever recommended.

I guarantee, when you went asking for advice about how to buy a gaming PC, NO ONE told you to make your purchase from Gamestop, or even Amazon. If you had sought any such advice, by the way, people would have pointed out that 1080Ti are low stock and marked up because of demand. And also they'd point out that you don't need anywhere close to something as expensive as a 1080Ti to make The Witcher look drastically better than on Xbox One X.

This is like complaining that console gaming is too hard and complicated because "I did some research and saw the Ooya let you try all the games for free before buying! So to me this was a no brainer."

PC gaming is only difficult if you have zero common sense and decide to just ignore simple, basic advice that literally anyone would be willing to give you.

EDIT:

Anyways, 1080p straight up just doesn't look that great here on FFXV PC. 1080p w/ 125% render or 1440p with 75% render is really only giving 40-45fps on a regular basis in the open-world @ mostly Average settings and some cranked-up filtering and different AA methods (i.e. TXA).

Might as well stick w/ 1440p at 30fps with 100% render, with the way this is going. It's at least solid, stable, and runs fine. Just...nothing special.
I would sell that monitor and buy a decent 1080p or 1440p monitor.. or go back to the monitor you were using before the 4k one if you can. My shitty GTX 780 can pull off 30 fps on mostly high settings at 1080p (on a 1080p native monitor) in the FFXV demo and probably looks nicer than your superior GTX 970 @ 1440p with the same settings on a 4k monitor.

Not playing at native res is really killing any value a 4k monitor has for you because any other resolution is going to look worse than it would on a native 1080p/1440p monitor.

I would sell that monitor and buy a decent 1080p or 1440p monitor.. or go back to the monitor you were using before the 4k one if you can. My shitty GTX 780 can pull off 30 fps on mostly high settings at 1080p (on a 1080p native monitor) in the FFXV demo and probably looks nicer than your superior GTX 970 @ 1440p with the same settings on a 4k monitor.

Not playing at native res is really killing any value a 4k monitor has for you because any other resolution is going to look worse than it would on a native 1080p/1440p monitor.
My old 23'' HP 1080p monitor's connected to my laptop. If I had room on this table here (where the desktop PC is), I would've put both the 1080p and 4K monitor right next to each other and used either one, when need be depending on the situation.

There's no way I'm going to keep swapping out my 27'' 4K and 23'' 1080p all the time, moving them back and forth all the time.

4K monitor is staying where it is.

My old 23'' HP 1080p monitor's connected to my laptop. If I had room on this table here (where the desktop PC is), I would've put both the 1080p and 4K monitor right next to each other and used either one, when need be depending on the situation.

There's no way I'm going to keep swapping out my 27'' 4K and 23'' 1080p all the time, moving them back and forth all the time.

4K monitor is staying where it is.
Ask your mom for a new table. How could she deny her perfect little snowflake. Problem solved.

Person opens post claiming PC gaming is difficult, then describes doing some completely ridiculous thing that literally no person on earth has ever recommended.

I guarantee, when you went asking for advice about how to buy a gaming PC, NO ONE told you to make your purchase from Gamestop, or even Amazon. If you had sought any such advice, by the way, people would have pointed out that 1080Ti are low stock and marked up because of demand. And also they'd point out that you don't need anywhere close to something as expensive as a 1080Ti to make The Witcher look drastically better than on Xbox One X.
Hm. I feel like you missed the part of this conversation where the dude said he had >$1,000 in GameStop credit--hence, the seemingly-oddball decision to buy a computer there.

bread's done
Back