Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So, my friends and I played Sea of Thieves Saturday night and had a ton of fun. They seem to be down to buy it day 1, but I have 2 issues. 

1. Even in just 1 night of playing I started to get bored of going to the same small islands multiple times. I know there's more content in the full game, but I have trouble seeing myself wanting to play this for dozens of hours.

2. I'm such a cheapass, that I have trouble conceiving of paying $60 for a game. I think the last time I did that was on launch day for WOW in 2004. Even then I only did it because all my friends were getting it.

It looks like there's not a physical edition for PC, so I feel like it's going to be really damn hard to find deals on this game. Seedykeys even has it above retail right now.

I'm kinda curious what will happen with the game's price over time though. It's the first major new game to be included with the xbox game pass, so I imagine most xbox owners won't bother buying the game. Sadly, we can't get that pass on PC and none of us own xbones.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my friends and I played Sea of Thieves Saturday night and had a ton of fun. They seem to be down to buy it day 1, but I have 2 issues.

1. Even in just 1 night of playing I started to get bored of going to the same small islands multiple times. I know there's more content in the full game, but I have trouble seeing myself wanting to play this for dozens of hours.

2. I'm such a cheapass, that I have trouble conceiving of paying $60 for a game. I think the last time I did that was on launch day for WOW in 2004. Even then I only did it because all my friends were getting it.

It looks like there's not a physical edition for PC, so I feel like it's going to be really damn hard to find deals on this game. Seedykeys even has it above retail right now.

I'm kinda curious what will happen with the game's price over time though. It's the first major new game to be included with the xbox game pass, so I imagine most xbox owners won't bother buying the game. Sadly, we can't get that pass on PC and none of us own xbones.
If you're not enjoying it that much, you probably shouldn't pay full price for it. I am confident that, whether a physical version appears or not, the game WILL go on sale at some point, so you just have to decide what pricepoint would satisfy your inner CAG. Based on Microsoft's past history, I wouldn't expect a boxed Windows 10 version, though.

For what it's worth, I don't see Game Pass having as much of an impact as your might think. IMO, it's not really worth paying the same amount of money as you're paying for Gold. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but even with them rotating titles in and out periodically, I don't have enough time to spend gaming to justify $10/month on this gaming-as-a-service experiment when I'm only going to get to actually play a small fraction of those. To me, it's better to just pony up whatever money I feel comfortable parting with for that title and playing it whenever I feel like it. Perhaps only a small minority of gamers are in my situation; I couldn't say.

You'll likely see gift card sized cards at some retailers. They'll be the Windows 10/XBone version.

Forza Horizon 3 had a big glitch at Target shortly after release.  And most Windows 10 Store games go on sale from time to time.   So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibly for it to go on sale.  I think the streamer effect is making it seem greater than it really is.  That and it being a Rare game. 

Forza Horizon 3 had a big glitch at Target shortly after release. And most Windows 10 Store games go on sale from time to time. So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibly for it to go on sale. I think the streamer effect is making it seem greater than it really is. That and it being a Rare game.
I'm a little skeptical of the quality of the game because the basic actions you're doing in the game don't seem that fun, but it does seem like it would be a great hangout game for my friends. We have a surprisingly hard time finding games that we all want to play together. The only 2 big successes we've had are Overwatch and PUBG.

I actually met this group of friends over 20 years ago and we would go to each other's houses and have little LAN parties every weekend, but now that everybody has a job and kids, they don't have the time to try out new games as much anymore. We also all live in different areas of the country now, so local multiplayer is out.

I'm a little skeptical of the quality of the game because the basic actions you're doing in the game don't seem that fun, but it does seem like it would be a great hangout game for my friends. We have a surprisingly hard time finding games that we all want to play together. The only 2 big successes we've had are Overwatch and PUBG.

I actually met this group of friends over 20 years ago and we would go to each other's houses and have little LAN parties every weekend, but now that everybody has a job and kids, they don't have the time to try out new games as much anymore. We also all live in different areas of the country now, so local multiplayer is out.
I mean, to hang out with friends I might just drop the $60 or whatever deal you can find and enjoy the experience rather than fret about getting it for 50% off in a few months and missing out.

But that's just me. I'm much more likely to fakeybro something if the bros are potentially into it so we can play together. Not sure why you need anything other than PUBG though. I have over 400 hours in it. After years of trying to coordinate game nights with my bro-in-law and little brother, PUBG has brought us together and there isn't a night where the bros aren't trying to get a few rounds in. It's also saved me money because what's the point of buying anything else since I don't have enough time to play all the PUBG I would like?

I mean, to hang out with friends I might just drop the $60 or whatever deal you can find and enjoy the experience rather than fret about getting it for 50% off in a few months and missing out.
Yeah, if all my friends get it than I'll absolutely cave and get it full price, but if like 2 of my friends get it, then I'll be inclined to wait.

Wait... so you're literally only using your 4K monitor so you can have more icons on your desktop?
WWE 2K games and MKX are the only recent titles games I'm running on 4K monitor at 4K 60fps no problem.

Pretty much, these games have almost nothing going on in the background and the game arenas are small, so...yeah, not gonna be tough to get it going in 4K.

While I do like FFXV Windows Ed. Demo, I do also right now feel...it isn't much of a Final Fantasy game. At least not yet, anyways. Keep in mind, I only spent a little over 2 hours with it. Long-winded RPG's can take a while to get going and also show their entire hand, releasing all of their systems and mechanics to you.

It does really feel like Skyrim & UbiSoft open-world games, and Final Fantasy had a baby - but, more so leaning right now towards the Skyrim and UbiSoft open-world game side...well, at least right now early on anyways.

I don't know how much better the storytelling and character development gets later on (does it get better?), but that stuff doesn't feel as complex and/or as interesting as even the early hours of FF13. The real-time combat feels more so like a mix of Batman: Arkham series (especially w/ the counters and parrying stuff) and some other action-RPG's, also. Sure, it's FF and has its own twists on things - but it doesn't feel like it's all FF entirely.

You do have going through menu's, inventories, and whatnot - but that seemed like a very important part of the older FF's which often had turn-based combat or some kind of variation of that. I don't feel like I'm doing much of that here; at least not yet anyways.

Does the FF combat get more tactical when you get more skills behind the characters and whatnot? It feels like I'm barely using that, as is. Calling up techniques slows the game to a crawl or freezes it, feeling like a BioWare tactical pause or something of the sort - but with the other characters' not having much skills, feels like it's lacking the tactical stuff of the older games. It's early on, so...this could get better once more skills are behind the others - so, does it get better and deeper on this stuff?

Don't work within the constraints of your current small computer room. Mysterd logic dictates that the only solution is to get a new room that is 5x bigger regardless of cost.

While I do like FFXV Windows Ed. Demo, I do also right now feel...it isn't much of a Final Fantasy game. At least not yet, anyways. Keep in mind, I only spent a little over 2 hours with it. Long-winded RPG's can take a while to get going and also show their entire hand, releasing all of their systems and mechanics to you.

It does really feel like Skyrim & UbiSoft open-world games, and Final Fantasy had a baby - but, more so leaning right now towards the Skyrim and UbiSoft open-world game side...well, at least right now early on anyways.

I don't know how much better the storytelling and character development gets later on (does it get better?), but that stuff doesn't feel as complex and/or as interesting as even the early hours of FF13. The real-time combat feels more so like a mix of Batman: Arkham series (especially w/ the counters and parrying stuff) and some other action-RPG's, also. Sure, it's FF and has its own twists on things - but it doesn't feel like it's all FF entirely.

You do have going through menu's, inventories, and whatnot - but that seemed like a very important part of the older FF's which often had turn-based combat or some kind of variation of that. I don't feel like I'm doing much of that here; at least not yet anyways.

Does the FF combat get more tactical when you get more skills behind the characters and whatnot? It feels like I'm barely using that, as is. Calling up techniques slows the game to a crawl or freezes it, feeling like a BioWare tactical pause or something of the sort - but with the other characters' not having much skills, feels like it's lacking the tactical stuff of the older games. It's early on, so...this could get better once more skills are behind the others - so, does it get better and deeper on this stuff?
More tactical? lol

No FF has ever been tactical. Inb4 Tactics. BS I say.

FFXV is a 9.5/10

Anyone wondering about Sea of Repetitive, I will Buy day one...and let you know. Most likely I’ll say it’s great to play with friends just to self justify my $60 waste of money.

Your welcome

XV is the only game I have ever Platinum’d/100%
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

I remember visiting Russia and picking up Vermintide for myself and a bunch of friends. Vermintide 2 has my interest and I was wondering if maybe I could find it somewhere were I to go on vacation.

XV is the only game I have ever Platinum’d/100%
Weird, because it's one of the first FF's I never finished. I made it to the fishing area and was bored out of my mind.

Anyone wondering about Sea of Repetitive, I will Buy day one...and let you know. Most likely I’ll say it’s great to play with friends just to self justify my $60 waste of money.

Your welcome
I don't game on a schedule and that's very much what that game feels like so I'm passing on it. I'll just play Sid Meyer's Pirates for the 10000000xth time.

Why would someone pay $60 for sea of thieves? It's just a glorified pirate themed minecraft

Pizza tax: I just remembered when I was in elementary a random kid approached me and asked me if I wanted some pizza, to which I replied that of course I wanted some pizza, kid literally busted a slice of pizza out of his jeans pocket. It tasted ok and I think it was worth more than sea of thieves.

Why would someone pay $60 for sea of thieves? It's just a glorified pirate themed minecraft

Pizza tax: I just remembered when I was in elementary a random kid approached me and asked me if I wanted some pizza, to which I replied that of course I wanted some pizza, kid literally busted a slice of pizza out of his jeans pocket. It tasted ok and I think it was worth more than sea of thieves.
"pirate themed minecraft"

i mean it's not my thing but i can see why people would want this

oh good FF XV is unlocked, let me go ahead and start it ...

*looks at progress bar*

welp looks like it'll take longer to unlock the game than if i were to fly to Japan, get the game there, fly back and install it.

6ZDkfbW5fO-7.png

Moobs is gonna have to do 2 things after this announcement:

1. Cream his jeans
2. Get an XBONE

Vi7-OvLsQs6FZ1jqTRykSA.png

or I suppose he could just watch a YooToob video of it...

Moobs is gonna have to do 2 things after this announcement:

1. Cream his jeans
2. Get an XBONE

Vi7-OvLsQs6FZ1jqTRykSA.png

or I suppose he could just watch a YooToob video of it...
It's a Windows 10 Store exclusive I think. $29.99 for the regular version. I'll be waiting since they burned us with YOSE last time.

Nah, it works.
Yes, madjoki is correct: it works, if you're talking about a Play Anyhwere title. I can confirm that because I've downloaded Halo Wars 1 on both the Xbone and Windows 10. However, you obviously wouldn't get the full benefit of the many non-Play Anywhere titles included in the GP.

Yes, madjoki is correct: it works, if you're talking about a Play Anyhwere title. I can confirm that because I've downloaded Halo Wars 1 on both the Xbone and Windows 10. However, you obviously wouldn't get the full benefit of the many non-Play Anywhere titles included in the GP.
Good to know, but yeah, I can't see it being worth it unless I wait until Crackdown 3 and then play CD3, SOD, and SoT all in one month. $10 is kind of pricey without the XB titles.

bread's done
Back