Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It sure is, after the success of old-school style CRPG's like Wasteland 2, Shadowrun series, Pillars of Eternity series, Divinity: OS series, etc etc.

And more classic CRPG's getting re-releases like BG: EE series, IWD EE, PST EE, NWN1 EE, etc etc.

I wonder like BG:EE getting Dragonspear - if we will see more new expansions/DLC's for NWN1+2 and any other old CRPG's, especially when they get Enhanced Edition Remasters and whatnot.

Wouldn't surprise me to see NWN2 get a EE version at some point, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
unknown.png

good deal.

Pillars 2 is looking great too. I'm falling behind, got tyranny last sale that I need to play. Pillars 1 was great.
Yeah, it's to the point where there's hardly enough time to play all the new crpgs, let alone the enhanced editions, which is something I couldn't have imagined happening just like four years ago. But yeah, I actually just finished Pillars 1 today, great game.

It sure is, after the success of old-school style CRPG's like Wasteland 2, Shadowrun series, Pillars of Eternity series, Divinity: OS series, etc etc.

And more classic CRPG's getting re-releases like BG: EE series, IWD EE, PST EE, NWN1 EE, etc etc.

I wonder like BG:EE getting Dragonspear - if we will see more new expansions/DLC's for NWN1+2 and any other old CRPG's, especially when they get Enhanced Edition Remasters and whatnot.

Wouldn't surprise me to see NWN2 get a EE version at some point, also.

I'm still a little upset that they will probably not be able to do an enhanced edition for Icewind Dale 2.

Yeah, it's to the point where there's hardly enough time to play all the new crpgs, let alone the enhanced editions, which is something I couldn't have imagined happening just like four years ago. But yeah, I actually just finished Pillars 1 today, great game.
I'd suggest doing white march 1 and 2 if you havent, they were pretty dang good and added some rough dragon fights that were pretty challenging.

I'd suggest doing white march 1 and 2 if you havent, they were pretty dang good and added some rough dragon fights that were pretty challenging.
I did play them, agreed the add ons were pretty great. Alpine dragon fight was intense, all my party members were down but one and my last member had like 15 health left and got off a spell right before the dragon was going to attack. The bog dragon fight I didn't really want to bother with so cheesed through with a bunch of paralysis scrolls.

[SIZE=11pt]Direct2Drive has (For D2D Rewards Members)  up to an additional 20% off promos on GTA V, Elder Scrolls, and The Evil Within w/ a free D2D Rewards program membership (learn more).

Grand Theft Auto V - $35.69

GTA V + Grand Theft Auto Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack - $50.57[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]GTA V + Grand Theft Auto Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack + Whale Shark Card - $71.99[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]GTA V + Grand Theft Auto Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack + Great White Shark Card - $55.99[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]GTA V + Grand Theft Auto Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack + Megalodon Shark Card - $80.39[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - $17.68[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Upgrade - $17.59[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition -$17.59[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Evil Within - $9.19[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Evil Within 2 - $25.49[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Evil Within: The Assignment - $2.48[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Evil Within: The Consequence - $2.48[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Evil Within: The Executioner - $1.70[/SIZE]

It looks fantastic, visually speaking. I still don't understand people who hated the story in NWN1. I thought it was great.

Pillars 2 is looking great too. I'm falling behind, got tyranny last sale that I need to play. Pillars 1 was great.
I'm in a worse boat--need to play 1 + White March 1 and 2!

I'm still a little upset that they will probably not be able to do an enhanced edition for Icewind Dale 2.
I didn't understand why this was the case. I vaguely remember II being better than the original, although both games were inferior to the BG series because they weren't trying to be BG games. It still would have made sense to have an IWD II EE to me. OTOH, I doubt I'm going to play the first one again as it is. Those games were fun for what they were back in the day, but there was too much emphasis on combat and not enough on story and character development.

EDIT: Also, apropos of nothing, my computer just popped up a news notification that Rex Tillerson has been canned as SoS, to be replaced by Mike Pompeo. It's like the sh*tshow that never ends in D.C.!

It looks fantastic, visually speaking. I still don't understand people who hated the story in NWN1. I thought it was great.
About the base-game's campaign, which was rushed as can be b/c gamers complained that the game was originally going to be a toolset and not ship w/ a campaign - it just felt rushed...and it shows.

I didn't like the Ancient Race story too much. It was dull and boring; felt rushed and cliche. Morag as a villain did nothing for me.

I was definitely more intrigued by the stuff b/t The City, King, Fenthick, and Aribeth. That stuff was gold, IMHO.

Hordes expansion was great and a fantastic way to finish off NWN, IMHO.

But yeah, I actually just finished Pillars 1 today, great game.
When does it speed up? I got to the town with the dead hanging in the tree and around then the story is... very slow. I clear the cathedral and then go back to Skyrim. I did make it, this last time, 2 towns further but not by much.

EDIT: Also, apropos of nothing, my computer just popped up a news notification that Rex Tillerson has been canned as SoS, to be replaced by Mike Pompeo. It's like the sh*tshow that never ends in D.C.!
Riported for reFURring to TrumpCat without mentioning one of his tremendous, tremendous deals!!!!

About the base-game's campaign, which was rushed as can be b/c gamers complained that the game was originally going to be a toolset and not ship w/ a campaign - it just felt rushed...and it shows.

I didn't like the Ancient Race story too much. It was dull and boring; felt rushed and cliched. Morag as a villain did nothing for me.

I was definitely more intrigued by the stuff b/t The City, King, Fenthick, and Aribeth. That stuff was gold, IMHO.

Hordes expansion was great and a fantastic way to finish off NWN, IMHO.
I thought Aribeth's story arc was terrific. It reminds me (in retrospect) of the Darth Revan storyline from KOTOR.

I do agree that Pillars of Eternity is a great game. Divinity Original Sin is a fantastic game too, but PoE's writing really provided such a deep immersion with its writing. Hopefully PoE 2 releases sooner than later on the Switch and they don't keep me waiting until the end of the year.

I thought Aribeth's story arc was terrific. It reminds me (in retrospect) of the Darth Revan storyline from KOTOR.
KOTOR was also excellent. BioWare was really in their prime, from BG1 up until ME2...except for NWN1 base-game.

Mind you, NWN1 base-game's Campaign was good - but the Campaign was just not amazing. Losing some of the BG-style party-control and the whole Ancient Race storyline was disappointing to me. Granted, NWN: Hordes was fantastic.

I dunno, but BioWare ain't been the same since after ME2. They're been more on-and-off than ever. Sure, NWN1 showed they could be not-so-great - but DA2 was disappointing for most people....including myself, even though I thought it was better than most made it out to be. ME3 was great, but its ending was trash. While I loved DAI, certainly everyone didn't. ME: Andromeda again falls in NWN1 and DA2 territory for me - disappointing, but still underrated. And I'm really worried about Anthem, chasing a dragon they'll never catch (i.e. the online-only looter-shooter) - especially after MEA flopping and more "Old BioWare" employees leaving.

KOTOR was also excellent. BioWare was really in their prime, from BG1 up until ME2...except for NWN1 base-game.

Mind you, NWN1 base-game's Campaign was good - but the Campaign was just not amazing. Losing some of the BG-style party-control and the whole Ancient Race storyline was disappointing to me. Granted, NWN: Hordes was fantastic.

I dunno, but BioWare ain't been the same since after ME2. They're been more on-and-off than ever. Sure, NWN1 showed they could be not-so-great - but DA2 was disappointing for most people....including myself, even though I thought it was better than most made it out to be. ME3 was great, but its ending was trash. While I loved DAI, certainly everyone didn't. ME: Andromeda again falls in NWN1 and DA2 territory for me - disappointing, but still underrated. And I'm really worried about Anthem, chasing a dragon they'll never catch (i.e. the online-only looter-shooter) - especially after MEA flopping and more "Old BioWare" employees leaving.
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I remember what you're alluding to with this "Ancient Race" business. I'm lucky if I remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.

It definitely looks like the studio's been gutted, either because of EA or for other reasons. The fact that they've even taken up a project like Anthem suggests to me that inXile, Larian, and similar operations are our best hope for decent CRPGs moving forward.

I'm still playing ME:A, but it's not really sucking me in. The combat is some of the most frustrating of the series to me--even more shooter-y than ME2, and I haven't seen the story payoff to justify it yet. I'm having more fun with Shadow of War at the moment.

I'm still playing ME:A, but it's not really sucking me in. The combat is some of the most frustrating of the series to me--even more shooter-y than ME2, and I haven't seen the story payoff to justify it yet. I'm having more fun with Shadow of War at the moment.
Spoiler alert:

It never pays off. The overall story is a joke, one that gets worse the longer you play into the game.

Division 2 news.

Word is that UbiSoft has 7 of their studios working on Division 2, with 1000+ employees working on this sequel:
https://gamerant.com/the-division-2-has-the-biggest-ubisoft-development-team-ever-318/

Most employees ever on an Ubi game.
Looks like they're trying to go for the jugular here on Anthem and Destiny 2.
Frankly, I have a hard time believing that report. People from each studio might be working on the game but NOT the whole studio.

If each employee made 50K a year, which might sound high but likely isn't for a industry that doesn't believe in paying overtime (and we can toss in the costs of other benifits just to make sure) those 1000 people are making 50 million dollars a year. Two years to make the game costs 100 million. Etc. And that's just on people alone which isn't even all of the cost of making, shipping, selling a game.

I just don't see the game ever being profitable with a workload of 1000 people...

Besides we already know that not everyone is working on The Division 2. (They are also working on a Avatar game.)

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I remember what you're alluding to with this "Ancient Race" business. I'm lucky if I remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.
That's b/c it wasn't that memorable. There wasn't a lot of interesting stuff to it, TBH.

In short: Maugrim heard rumors and went to find a stone. Morag and her few selected were hiding in an alternate dimension that could be accessed via this Stone b/c her city got wiped-out 10,000 years ago or so; good old Ice Age destroyed their jungle. The City of Neverwinter was much later actually built over and right on top of the ancient civilization Morag and her people once lived.

B/c of Maugrim finding this stone, he pretty much unleashed the plague and Morag onto Neverwinter.

Of course - this is when Fenthick, Aribeth, King, and The City really come into the picture. That stuff with all of them was so much better and more interesting than the "meh" story of Morag coming back. The plague and Morag causing problems was boring, but the stuff surrounding it was great w/ all of those players (Fenthick, Aribeth, The King, and The City).

Very reminiscent of FF8's issues (i.e. the lead antagonist and their story wasn't that interesting), the stuff that was much more interesting w/ those that were actually being manipulated, used, and screwed-over - not the one actually controlling everything...since there wasn't as much focus on those antagonistic players.

EDIT:

It definitely looks like the studio's been gutted, either because of EA or for other reasons. The fact that they've even taken up a project like Anthem suggests to me that inXile, Larian, and similar operations are our best hope for decent CRPGs moving forward.
I think the CRPG torch is going to be held up by those you mentioned; and probably also Obsidian & CD Projekt RED. I think those are in the best position to keep the AAA CRPG (or some form of it) going.

I thought the combat was the real strength of ME:A. You can't sit it cover too long, they try to destroy cover or get you out of it. You have to constantly moving...and can move all kinds of directions, which is what I liked about it. If you didn't like ME2 going shooter-y...yeah, ME:A leans more even so in that direction.

And...then tact right on top the open-world UbiSoft style game and that the game doesn't have the quality of writing, dialogue, and story that the ME Trilogy had...and you got something that can really turn off fans of the old-school ME Trilogy.

As the thread's not exactly overflowing with deals. . . I think one of the things that's bugging me about ME:A's combat is that none of the special biotic abilities work on enemies that are shielded or armored. I could be wrong but this seems like a change to the way biotics have always worked in the past--and not a change for the better. 

Spoiler alert:

It never pays off. The overall story is a joke, one that gets worse the longer you play into the game.
It feels like ME:A tries to go for "more plot" threads here, but there's no real depth or intrigue here. Like Fallout 4 - not much decision-making here, either...especially when compared to other games in the series/franchise.

Story doesn't even kick in until player leaves Eos, which can happen sometime b/t 10-20 hours after the game's basically making the first world one huge-ass open-world tutorial.

Hey, I get it, no deal talk, so rehashing year old complaints about a game will definitely give this thread the boost it needs.

From what I've heard, Janet in accounting over at EA is NOT HAPPY with her boss, who she called a real BITCH.  Her words, not mine.  She's thinking about leaving to take a job at a dentist's office that closer to home, but she's not sure.  I hope she doesn't leave as they really need to get Anthem done.  

If each employee made 50K a year, which might sound high but likely isn't for a industry that doesn't believe in paying overtime (and we can toss in the costs of other benifits just to make sure) those 1000 people are making 50 million dollars a year.
Well, 750 of them are unpaid interns just glad to be getting a foot in the gaming industry.

As the thread's not exactly overflowing with deals. . .
That's b/c there isn't even any noteworthy deals happening anymore on the regular, for the most part.

On that note: 4 minutes until maybe Humble disappoints us.

EDIT:

Doesn't seem like GOG has anything special in their current St. Patrick's Day Sale, either.

Humble disappointment confirmed.

Still gotta' love Bob Ross, though. PBS Legend. Just, this bundle should've been released on a Humble non-gaming day (i.e. Not Tuesday).

When does it speed up? I got to the town with the dead hanging in the tree and around then the story is... very slow. I clear the cathedral and then go back to Skyrim. I did make it, this last time, 2 towns further but not by much.
The beginning of the game really throws a bunch at you all at once so you don't really understand what is going on and why for a bit. I felt the story was pretty slow at the start too but for me it really picked up at caed nua and once you get to the main city (forgot it's name).

Obligatory "Bob Ross ripped off Bill Alexander" post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExmWbC2I_Qg

And Patton Oswalt was completely wrong about Bill.

But it was still a damn funny bit.

Not to take the thread too off topic but Twitch Prime is going to have a pretty good next two months.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/973657003515043841

Tokyo 42 and Shadow Tactics are the two standouts for me.

Couldn't really get into the first SteamWorld Dig. 2 was great, though.

Tales from the Borderlands is the 2nd best Telltale game after The Wolf Among Us.

As the thread's not exactly overflowing with deals. . .
I got a deal for you!

Dominos is having a Buy One at full menu price, Get One free! deal going on! Until the 18th.

A meh deal if you like normal/thin crust, but a good deal on XL Brooklyn or Pan pizzas!

I got a deal for you!

Dominos is having a Buy One at full menu price, Get One free! deal going on! Until the 18th.

A meh deal if you like normal/thin crust, but a good deal on XL Brooklyn or Pan pizzas!
Which is a shame because I've had to switch over to the super thin crust for... reasons... and it actually is probably my favorite pizza from there.

A little off topic (sorry Fox)

I apologize that I do not remember who mentioned Altered Carbon on Netflix.  I just started with watching it.  The background, setting, story etc. all seem like it should be something like what I am hoping Cyberpunk from CDProject Red will be.  

I believe I read today that the Fallout 3 mod for Fallout 4 has been cancelled.  That is a real shame.

"This game is optimized for tablets and not recommended for phones with screen sizes under 7 inches."

Who the fuck has an Android tablet in the year 2018 (or any year other than the year 2013)?
I have an Android tablet. It's the nice Samsung one, so I got a $300 tablet for $150 on black friday. It's awesome.

What are you an Apple guy or something? Why are Apple people pretentious about their purchases? Is it compensation for having paid more? I honestly don't get it.

You can say that but I've had almost every iteration of iPad, now I have iWatch, and phone and they all work together. Whole families shit syncs together nicely. Never have a problem. This isn't like my computer where I give a shit about the OS and customization. Frankly if the FBI can't hack iOS without crying about it then I guess I should be relatively ok. But of course them open platforms teem with crap/virus' too.

And don't be salty... you drop your phone, you pay the consequences. The lesson isn't to buy a cheaper phone, it's to not drop the damned thing in the first place. Respect your electronics.

Next thing you'll be complaining about is your computer overheating because you don't make sure to change the CPU thermal paste or blow it out every once in a while...
You think we are going to be impressed by an Apple fanboy? LOL

Nah. Ross credited Alexander with showing him the technique (which itself dates back centuries). Ross was just a better performer/instructor.
Ross was a copycat and a fraud and an asshole. He's Edison to Alexander's Tesla. (It's not a perfect analogy, but it's the closest one I can think of at the moment.)

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/22/arts/television-bob-ross-the-frugal-gourmet-of-painting.html

Finally, Mr. Ross found an art instructor in California who could show him exactly how to paint a tree, using the speedy, foolproof "wet on wet" method. "I took one class and I went crazy," he said. "I knew this was what I wanted to do." Mr. Ross eventually set up his own traveling art school in Florida. His business took off in 1982. He declined to name the teacher who first inspired him, explaining somewhat uneasily, "Now he is our major competitor."

In fact, the rivalry between Mr. Ross and his former mentor, William Alexander, is bitter. Mr. Alexander, 76, a Bavarian-born painter who has his own painting show on a public television station in Orange County, Calif., a paint supply business and a line of books and videos, spoke of his former protege in the tones Thomas Couture might have used to describe the young pupil who outstripped him, Edouard Manet. "He betrayed me," he said in his strong German accent. "I invented 'wet on wet.' I trained him and he is copying me -- what bothers me is not just that he betrayed me, but that he thinks he can do it better."

I'm in a worse boat--need to play 1 + White March 1 and 2!
Same here. I own only Pillars 1 base-game.

Still ain't got to that one at all.

I don't have White Match Pt. 1 and 2 yet either.

EDIT:

I do agree that Pillars of Eternity is a great game. Divinity Original Sin is a fantastic game too, but PoE's writing really provided such a deep immersion with its writing. Hopefully PoE 2 releases sooner than later on the Switch and they don't keep me waiting until the end of the year.
Dammit, another game sitting in my backlog - Divinity: Original Sin 1.

Nope, ain't bought D:OS2 yet.

Damn backlogs.

bread's done
Back