Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Maybe I was a bit harsh about the shallow comment about Desktop Dungeons. I hated the sometimes feeling I need to keep using that spell to get 50% bonus exp to hopefully be leveled enough to take out the boss of the dungeon. I did feel the classes didn't feel that special and were just some perks. I also deeply disliked the healing on a move to new areas, cause that could screw you out if it you can't find much at first in a dungeon and are pretty much denied healing later because you couldn't find more guys to level up on. Just wasn't for me, and felt kind of meh overall and extremely grindy. Honestly that simpler version looks kind of nice in a way.

speaking of which i was messing around with mame stuff today and tried the Deathsmiles rom. i'm no expert but it seemed to play fine. so if ya know, ya wanna play some "shoot them ups" wink wink, nudge nudge.

the forest - (the first time you die you're drug to a cave where you escape, the 2nd time is permanent), i had somehow forgotten to save my game after the 1st day and lost like an hour and a half of chopping down trees and building stuff so rage quit. this is another game i'll probably get back to eventually after the frustration of losing that progress lessens, 7.25/10
If you play a multiplayer game you can die as many times as you wish and you only have to go back to where you died to pick up your backpack (and die again since its probably still crawling with cannibals). You also won't lose your progress as far as bases and other stuff built.

If you play a multiplayer game you can die as many times as you wish and you only have to go back to where you died to pick up your backpack (and die again since its probably still crawling with cannibals). You also won't lose your progress as far as bases and other stuff built.
ahh, gotcha.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullets is an alright game.
Reminds me a lot of Phantasy Star Universe games but makes me wish co-op online was active or at least had the same type of setup where you can run dungeons over and over.

If they ever do a second game base on GGO hopefully we will see more dungeons.

Online is pretty empty on pc too so I can't try any of the online modes. 

Highly recommend picking up the game if you can find it under $20 and loved PSO/PSU.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4 Pro 1TB $320 @ Target (HAVE TO USE RETARDED CART WHEEL APP)
For less than (or around) the cost of a GPU Upgrade, you can get a PS4 Pro!

Great deal on a PS4 Pro at Target via Cartwheel. Definitely considering pulling the trigger...

https://slickdeals.net/f/11508339-playstation-4-pro-20-off-at-target-via-cartwheel-320?sdxt01=2018-04-22+08:09:16&sdxt06=Auto+DA+Fire2+to+Curated:::Test:::da_newreg_curated_v2&sdxt07=148751&utm_source=dealalerts&utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=18&utm_content=1646344&utm_campaign=da_fire2_to_curated&p=114635371&src=da_newreg_curated_v2_32454956#post114635371

thinking about:
RDR & Last of Us Remastered. haven't thought about ps4 for so long...

*Any price is far too high to play exclusive games we really really want to play but can't because they're not on pc.

So we just incessantly whine instead.

And then if by some miracle of the gods they do end up on steam we won't buy them anyway because they're too much money and will just wait for a bundle.

* - life according to mysterd

Great deal on a PS4 Pro at Target via Cartwheel. Definitely considering pulling the trigger...

https://slickdeals.net/f/11508339-playstation-4-pro-20-off-at-target-via-cartwheel-320?sdxt01=2018-04-22+08:09:16&sdxt06=Auto+DA+Fire2+to+Curated:::Test:::da_newreg_curated_v2&sdxt07=148751&utm_source=dealalerts&utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=18&utm_content=1646344&utm_campaign=da_fire2_to_curated&p=114635371&src=da_newreg_curated_v2_32454956#post114635371

thinking about:
My wall didn't keep out the console owners.
CAG PC gaming community I have failed you.

thinking about:
I did this three weeks ago. God of War is already in the pantheon of best games of all-time. It's that good. 95 metacritic caught my attention. Game wasn't on my radar and I'm not even a GoW fan. Looks incredible in 4K HDR too.

best $291 I have ever spent.

I only played Phantasy Star IV on the mega drive...
I only played Phantasy Star III... and I am forever a pariah on the internet because I thought it was entertaining.
Phantasy Star 2, 3 and 4 on the Genesis were all very good during their time IMHO.

EDIT:

Can confirm. GoW is legit.
Gears of War was always legit IMHO... ;)

EDIT 2:

*Any price is far too high to play exclusive games we really really want to play but can't because they're not on pc.

So we just incessantly whine instead.

And then if by some miracle of the gods they do end up on steam we won't buy them anyway because they're too much money and will just wait for a bundle.

* - life according to mysterd
This is supposed to be CheapAssGamer, not FakeyBroGamer.

Emphasis on cheap.

EDIT 3:

My wall didn't keep out the console owners.
CAG PC gaming community I have failed you.
It's okay. I'm some 11 hours into Destiny 2 (PC version for Battle.Net) and think it's awesome, even despite being always online.

At least that game actually hit the PC.

Whelp... Battletech seems to be scratching an itch I'd forgotten I missed.  More Mechcommander than Battletech though.  I didn't expect to get tabletop kinda games but it woulda been nice.  And it's been so long since I even bothered in the universe, it's hard to remember all the pre-invasion information.  I didn't care for the game until the clans brought something interesting to bear. (IMO)

We'll see though.

thinking about:
PS4’s exclusives are fantastic, definitely worth it if you can swing the cost. The new gow will likely be my goty. Soo good.

Last of Us wasn't worth a damn on PS3... I cannot fathom paying for any amount of money to play a remastered version. (Unless they reworked the game play mechanics.)

GoW is God of War. Gears is Gears of War... Not even sure how this can be up for debate as God of War was likely on the second game by the time the original Gears of War released. :)

GoW is God of War. Gears is Gears of War... Not even sure how this can be up for debate as God of War was likely on the second game by the time the original Gears of War released. :)
Wait, so...the robot toaster, of all people, used sarcasm that went over someone's head? World War 3 confirmed.

Wait, so...the robot toaster, of all people, used sarcasm that went over someone's head? World War 3 confirmed.
He's used it before... I see it used everywhere and that shit annoys me to no end. It's right up there with D2 meaning Destiny 2.

If we need WWIII to fix this acronym/abbreviations BS give me the button I'm all for it.

He's used it before... I see it used everywhere and that shit annoys me to no end. It's right up there with D2 meaning Destiny 2.

If we need WWIII to fix this acronym/abbreviations BS give me the button I'm all for it.
I'm really liking D2, since you mentioned that. Both of them - i.e. Destiny 2 and Diablo 2.

The other D2, Division 2, isn't even out yet.

Interesting of all, all of those D2's are loot-crazy games.

Speaking of WWIII - but, I thought Black Ops 4 was the next COD game... ;)

EDIT:

Last of Us wasn't worth a damn on PS3... I cannot fathom paying for any amount of money to play a remastered version. (Unless they reworked the game play mechanics.)

Speaking of GoW, I wonder what's David Jaffe up to these days.

I also guess many people would mostly play TLoU for story & character stuff, since supposedly it's one of the things they've always been good at it...kinda like BioWare.

Another day and another Steam game impression. Today's is Flinthook...which I got in a sale a while back (yup...should have waited till it was bundled).

Honestly it's a pretty well made game and is a decently fun rouge lite game overall. The platforming is a little cumbersome sometimes as it's tricky to slow down time and use your hook shoot and other abilities.

Story: Another low story game. You are a guy and your story is that you need to keep taking out stronger and stronger space enemies for some reason. The lore is all through pages you find in the story. 3/10

Graphics: Honestly they are pretty good. The animations are well done and environments are generally easy to tell things apart. I have a hard time seeing the floors where the knives activate, as they blend in too well. Well done overall. 7.5/10

Sound: Pretty alright enough music and a lot of good sound effects. Overall decently done. 7.5/10

Gameplay: Honestly it's a bit repetitive. You go through where you want to hunt a big bad guy down. To get there you have to take on enough ships, get the navigation gem, have enough gems to locate the big bad buy, and then go and fight him.

These ships each have modifiers with different rooms or layouts. They seem extremely samey after a while though. Every now and then you get a warning on the screen and have to fight a gauntlet of enemies. If you win, you get some treasure and some health. It's always the same. Some areas get you artifacts, food for health, lore, etc... It just all blends together and maybe takes too long to take down a ship. You will have to keep doing it too.

The controls are weird at first with the hook and jumping and incredibly clunky slow down mechanism. I got used to the jumping and shooting and hook shooting, but never got used to holding down shift for slowdown and doing other thing. I hate it honestly and it could have been handled better on keyboard and mouse. I didn't use my Xbox 360 controller. 7/10

Fun Factor: Honestly it was pretty fun at first, but after about 3-4 hours I find it extremely repetitive. The hook shooting is fun, but the exploring gets old. The gauntlets are more annoying than anything, and it's torture to die as you have to keep going through a set number of stages to find the boss again. I will likely play it off and on, but i'm very tired of the game play loop already. 6/10

There is a lot to like with this game, but it falls into the rouge lite hole where the story is basically non existent (only in lore items), the random generation becomes samey, the enemies get old, and the gameplay loops becomes less and less satisfying over time, other than getting used to the interesting controls. I think I'll barely recommend it, but I'm about ready to put it into the retired category.

I'm really liking D2, since you mentioned that. Both of them - i.e. Destiny 2 and Diablo 2.

The other D2, Division 2, isn't even out yet.

Interesting of all, all of those D2's are loot-crazy games.

Speaking of WWIII - but, I thought Black Ops 4 was the next COD game... ;)

EDIT:

Speaking of GoW, I wonder what's David Jaffe up to these days.

I also guess many people would mostly play TLoU for story & character stuff, since supposedly it's one of the things they've always been good at it...kinda like BioWare.
Jaffe's studio closed in late Feb.

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is an episodic graphical adventure video game developed by Access Games and originally published by Microsoft Studios for the Xbox One. The title represents the phrase "Dark Dreams Don't Die" and the fourth dimension (time).[3] The game is unrelated to the D video game series.[3][4] The initial release contains a prologue and two episodes that make up season one of the series. A PC version was released on 5 June 2015, published by Playism in partnership with Access Games. In October 2016, Hidetaka Suehiro announced via Twitter that he had left Access Games and that there would be no more episodes of D4.[5]

Who do you voodoo, beach?
I got a zombie toaster army and you can't harm me.

Terminator.gif

This guy scared the hell out of me when I was younger.

fSPBAnC.gif

Also, this might be the news you all have been waiting for.

Is the great graphics card shortage finally ending?

We have felt the pain of the graphics card shortages for the past three months, but thankfully that pain is finally coming to an end. Over the past week, we've seen stock of Founders Edition GPUs at Nvidia.com come and go a few times, selling at the official MSRP. Custom cards are also showing up, with factory overclocked models going for a small price premium over the stock models. We've seen the EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW for $510 (and it's still currently available), and the RX 580 4GB for $250 (sold out now).
The good news is that prices are now at least in a somewhat reasonable range, and if the current trend continues, we should see cards selling at MSRP within the next month. If you've been struggling to justify upgrading to a faster GPU since Christmas, these are the best prices we've seen since early January. Hopefully May will be even better.

The great graphics card famine of 2017 and 2018 will go down in the anals of history.

a
n
a
l
s
annals

And of course Foxhack would know about the furry drawing on dA that the game Furry steals art from. You got your HoG and casual granny game-playing Motoki mixed up with Furhack from south of the border, inm8.

Hopefully things will stabilize on the GPU front. There's a bit of buzz about a Digitimes article from yesterday that several manufacturers were seeing a 40% drop in shipments in April but also suggests the possibility of a rebound.

In line with the shipment drops, gross margins for graphics card makers are expected to fall sharply to 20-25% from a high of 50% enjoyed earlier as makers and channel distributors are forced to slash prices for sales promotion. They hope the market demand can rebound in May or June.

I got a Jack's and a Tombstone the other day from walmart.  The Tombstone was like a fully loaded or extra loaded something and had a ton of cheese and toppings and was very good.  Jack's is getting made tonight.  

What do you guys think of Tombstone?

I got a Jack's and a Tombstone the other day from walmart. The Tombstone was like a fully loaded or extra loaded something and had a ton of cheese and toppings and was very good. Jack's is getting made tonight.

i like both jacks and tombstone but i love almost any pizza. the jacks self rising in particular is amazing. and normal jacks are usually around 2 bucks here which is a much better value than tombstone. jacks is also a little smaller and easier to eat on my own if i don't have anyone over. jacks pizza fries are also pretty good. as far as budget pizza though the red baron brick oven is my favorite for 3 bucks. and best overall goes to home run inn frozen pizza which is better than their actual restaurant go figure but these can be quite pricey. i only buy them when they're on sale for 6 dollars. at around that price they're better than a little caesars, pizza hut, dominos, papa johns, etc and i can store it in my freezer for when i'm in the mood.

Not much of a fan. I really liked their Garlic Bread crust, but now no where around me carries that and regular is just meh.

Cheaper shit (like the great value brand I mentioned a while back) tastes better to me.

i like both jacks and tombstone but i love almost any pizza. the jacks self rising in particular is amazing. and normal jacks are usually around 2 bucks here which is a much better value than tombstone. jacks is also a little smaller and easier to eat on my own if i don't have anyone over. jacks pizza fries are also pretty good. as far as budget pizza though the red baron brick oven is my favorite for 3 bucks. and best overall goes to home run inn frozen pizza which is better than their actual restaurant go figure but these can be quite pricey. i only buy them when they're on sale for 6 dollars. at around that price they're better than a little caesars, pizza hut, dominos, papa johns, etc and i can store it in my freezer for when i'm in the mood.
AYO HOL UP!!!

Jack's has other shit!?!?!

Never seen this in my area...

UmOVJ.gif

bread's done
Back