Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I was trying my hardest not to head down this path, but this is another reminder of what a bad taste that Destiny 2 left in everyone's mouth. Everyone I have talked to about Destiny has had nothing but bad things to say about the way Destiny 2 turned out after launch. Boy did they piss off their main supporters with this one. First expansion came in less than three months after the game released, negating all of your level maximizing efforts shortly after launch. Lots of people bought into the promise on this one and bought the $100 game w/season pass or the $200 collector's edition. People are still pissed, and people still talk about it negatively all the time.

I'm glad that some of you guys are able to get a cool game that you (never) wanted for cheap, and see what all the fuss is about though. It's an enjoyable experience for what it is, and I bet you "bros" will have a lot of fun with it.
calmer-than-you-are-gif-4.gif

In all honestly, I'm kind of excited for you guys to try Destiny 2.  I'm really interested to hear your impressions once you reach the endgame.  Perhaps it will be "just another game".  But I wouldn't be surprised at all if you found it to be one of your new favorite bro night games. 

It might be time to quit the Humble Monthly subscription. Like the regular humble bundles, things have gone downhill. The "headliners" are simply obvious bundle candidates. It has been a few months since I have received a game that I actually wanted. They seldom include the good indie games on your radar. It's 2days-old bakery bread at this point; mostly stuff everyone either already bought or that they were never going to pay money for.
I mean, you're probably overreacting to a small sample size. I'm also not thrilled by Destiny 2, but the previous month (Kerbal/Dead Rising 4/Ruiner and the pupu platter of unlocks) was an objectively good deal (pretty sure Kerbal had never been more than 40% off til that point), as was the month before that - getting Deus Ex MD/God Eater/Outlast2/Mafia 3/Lara Croft GO + a couple extras is an objectively amazing deal for 12 dollars. Not every month is gonna be your cup of tea (they're definitely not all mine - and even in the months I just mentioned I sold off DR4, wasn't really thrilled by Kerbal, etc), but while HM might still go downhill the past few months have still been more than worth the money. Plus, it's not like Humble hasn't had completely shitty months in the past and rebounded - there was that month where Hurtworld was a headliner followed by a Call of Duty 3 multiplayer starter pack headlining the bundle, arguably two of the worst humble monthlys back to back imo. That was almost 2 years ago and they've obviously had great bundles since then.

Also if you don't want a game sell it...I have a subscription but never back out of a month because the headliner usually sells for a around 7 dollars, which means I need to get 4 dollars either of either resell or enjoyment out of the rest of the unlocks to break even, usually isn't a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the tutorial and played a few missions with the bros.  I liked it.  Game looks nice.  Guns shoot well.  I only paid like $15 for it.  Was fine for what it was.  If I finish the SP I'll be happy.  I rarely play games over and over and over so all this endgame/raids/etc. stuff isn't important to me.  I get that leveling up and looting and all that is a big thing for people, but for me I prefer good gameplay and good guns - which this seems to have.  Usually, the only way I play something repeatedly is if they dangle some stupid cosmetics in front of me.  

That doesn't make sense. If people already bought Destiny then they aren't excited about it being bundled now. They're buying day-old bread that they already ate.

The only people that are excited are you guys that never bought it at either $10 or $20 or more.
That's because we're savvy consumers~

Okay man, really?

I said this:

People were recently happy at paying $10 for day-old bread.

So other people should be happy to pay $12 for day-old bread + 6-9 other items.

I didn't say the same person was paying for the day-old bread twice.

Follow along. It's simple maths, bruh.
Im confused, why are people paying so much for day old bread? Its like 50 cents morans

Free Games:

Choppa - 6YLGC-DVM8V-M3MIJ
A Long Way Home - 6WN74-2J8BK-5BTJ2
Moribund - 6KQFW-LA0J9-Q2XYN
Bedfellows FRENZY - 6N9LF-REK6P-M9NEV
Fallen Mage - 6KWZY-VYC6D-L78P4
SnipZ - 6GVPJ-JXK50-9LQHN
Fortify - 6LERD-TR9IT-DXM20
The Frost - 6L7IQ-T9VVJ-828L7
Candy Thieves - Tale of Gnomes - 4GRGF-8IBPB-062BC
Zoo Rampage - 4M054-ZHXQ5-7YFVJ

:wave:

So is Destiny 2 any good as a single-player experience?
Great. I played most of it solo-style.

Should take you anywhere from 8-20 hours per playthrough. Depends on how much of main stuff and especially side stuff that you do. This is what the game's great at, IMHO.

Also game-time length depends on if you have any interest in the Crucible PvP, which I think is lacking. Everybody seems to be level 20 cap (from base-game owned only) or level 25 cap (i.e. 25 is max w/ Osirus DLC) - so, doing this early isn't a good idea at all. You just won't have a chance w/ low-level characters and especially w/ low-level gear. At level 18, still got pounded. So, I threw the towel in on the PvP, for now.

When you do most main missions here, they're alone missions/instances; especially often for the first time you actually head to a new planet. That often starts w/ new solo instance/mission to introduce you to the entire planet (or a fair deal of it).

I think the missions, combat, gunplay, loot-craze addiction, technical performance, and graphics are all fantastic. Story and character stuff is nothing special (but would you expect that in a game like this?) - but all of the other stuff related to gameplay and gunplay is something special TBH.

When the game tosses you onto the open-world part/hub combat areas where you run around, do mostly side missions, and do some solo missions - you'll be on with other players. In some ways, it felt like a mini-instances of The Secret World - players are in the middle of missions or just killing monsters for loot and XP, so they might help you out for a second and then go off to go back doing their own thing. I experienced that a lot on Destiny 2 PC.

On servers when in the open-world part/hub combat areas, there are public events. Game tells you when and where it'll arrive. So, it's pretty cool when players all pour in, waiting for a few moments for this big event to go down. It's cool to see say a big ship arrive and enemies pour out or a big machine boss fight happen, as the rest of the players on the server come in to help out and take down the public event. It's a lot of fun and reminds me of Guild War 2's public events that are boss fights.

Also, if you are looking to meet-up w/ players - you can use Friends function in-game or go to The Farm area (or the new area after you finish the main-story) to find more players. I didn't really utilize that stuff for the most part, TBH.

Its been awhile since I've posted and I just went through 20 pages of posts and the only thing I took from it was that it looks like MysterdD has been eating well....not as svelt as his roller figure skating days 

I also was never "svelt" either. Was never anything graceful about me, on my skates. I always was more of a jumper and spinner than say anything else.

EDIT:

If the two of you hangout I would pay to watch a livestream of that
Keep dreaming. It'll never happen.

I wouldn't watch the stream, but I'd gladly accept $50 to appear as a character witness in the criminal trial that would result from it.

If anyone wants to be a referral for me I suspect I'll be doing the year long deal. Not sure if I need to be a first timer but if I do forget I said anything. I'm not going to split my unredeemed keys across two accounts.

If anyone wants to be a referral for me I suspect I'll be doing the year long deal. Not sure if I need to be a first timer but if I do forget I said anything. I'm not going to split my unredeemed keys across two accounts.
You have to be a first timer and it sounds like you've had your cherry popped before.

Yeah I never believed he was the reason it was never re-released. I always knew it was licensing and probably an issue with whatever movie studio made the film.

I'm still holding out hope for a Steam port, but I know realistically it has a slim chance of happening.
And I would imagine coming to some sort of deal with Anamanaguchi since the soundtrack has grown to be a cult classic, also has some sort of effect.

Also some sacrifices for humbles:

lQgrAdZ.png

no need to thank :p
I'm not sure the bundle gods consider it sacrifice when you get something free, 99% off on a glitch, or use regional discount loopholes. In fact they consider that blasphemy. :p

If you actually just bought those like a regular customer would, then thank you for your sacrifice. :)

I haven't seen anyone post this bundle anywhere. Seems a great deal, and I know deals, everyone knows it.

Fanatical $1 Tank Battle Bundle

0ada8a09-6ac9-4e4d-ac81-6f7fc70529f9.jpeg

Tank Battle: East Front
Normal price: $9.99

46f6cff9-0c73-4722-9d7e-15635e5cdca7.jpeg

Tank Battle: Pacific
Normal price: $7.99

11ed43fc-8fc8-44e4-8fb6-d35886c97c61.jpeg

Tank Battle: Normandy

7a51ad24-4228-44a5-a343-2489befc6e0d.jpg

Tank Battle: North Africa

a1a5c5f4-0f44-4d52-b523-3920a75467cc.jpg

Tank Battle: 1944

025f01b1-6978-4e53-96e0-ae7aeee1af59.jpeg

Tank Battle: Blitzkrieg

f4b4afb4-aea7-4679-9b01-8cfa9343a03d.jpeg

Tank Battle: 1945

Definitely no collusion. Everyone says so.

I haven't seen anyone post this bundle anywhere. Seems a great deal, and I know deals, everyone knows it.

Normal price: $9.99

Normal price: $7.99

There's also $1 Civil War. Those two are (I think) my first Fanatical bundles along with $1 pickmix for Alekhine's Gun. (Sold out tho).

what should my game #2000 on steam be?  I'm at 1998 right now, if I could I would get a jacks pizza for #2000 and eat that while playing battletech.   I usually only preorder a game or two a year and am usually very disappointed.  Battletech has not disappointed me at all, best preorder since GTA V on PS3  when best buy didnt mark my pickup correctly and I got it for free!

What was it like to be killed by being sucked out of the bridge window into space without even a second thought, from a careless director?

what should my game #2000 on steam be? I'm at 1998 right now, if I could I would get a jacks pizza for #2000 and eat that while playing battletech. I usually only preorder a game or two a year and am usually very disappointed. Battletech has not disappointed me at all, best preorder since GTA V on PS3 when best buy didnt mark my pickup correctly and I got it for free!
Beachhead 2000

Normal price: $7.99

Definitely no collusion. Everyone says so.
I'm not sure this bundle has enough tank battle in it, do you have one with just a bit more tank battle?

bread's done
Back