Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It's been awhile since we had some DRM/digital ownership discussion in here.

6ZdU1kH.gif

Well you technically own DRM-free games, just not the associated intellectual property or redistribution rights (unless you made them yourself). Anything that requires an account to access is something you rent.
Agreed 100% on this one.

EDIT:

It's been awhile since we had some DRM/digital ownership discussion in here.

6ZdU1kH.gif
Ah, yes....the good ole days of CAG Steam Threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can't resell something, I don't consider it owned.
Eh, if I own it on GOG digitally and it's DRM-FREE (or anywhere else) - I guess it's half-owned, since you can't resell.

But, I really don't have much intentions of selling games I own (that are my copy for myself), so that part ain't too important to me. [shrug]

What's most important to me: is that the game is considered mine and I don't need to deal w/ online activation, DRM, Anti-tamper DRM, or any of that crap. Just install the game and/or place the game-folder somewhere...and it straight-up will boot up/run/work.

A new update from the Huniepop dev's Twitter account:

"I have just received word from Valve apologizing for the confusion, saying to DISREGARD their previous e-mail about the violation, that they are in the process of re-reviewing the game and will follow up soon.

I should be clear this doesn't mean we're out of the woods. It just means we have an interesting development. Whatever the case, the communication and clarification from Valve is very, very much appreciated."

Not just them either, looks like the Mutiny devs also got the same e-mail:

"Lupiesoft has also just received word from Valve that Mutiny!! is being re-reviewed for content, and that the 2 week deadline is off. We'll update everyone as any more information comes our way."

Valve could still end up removing these games I suppose, but I'd like to think this re-evaluation will show these games don't violate their guidelines and keep them up (though even if that's the case it still sucks the devs had to go through this).

SeasonalCAG REDRUM REDRUM:

So this happen today saw a post on reddit and SD about Yeti/AssCreedO for $50 but was sold out online but people said it was still working instore so took a chance and it worked. Fits in perfect with my current theme.

TzsIPLs.jpg

PS. One day I will break out my DSLR and stop these crappy cell pics.

So this happen today saw a post on reddit and SD about Yeti/AssCreedO for $50 but was sold out online but people said it was still working instore so took a chance and it worked. Fits in perfect with my current theme.

TzsIPLs.jpg

Nice. It seems the $50 Yeti will continue to elude MysterD. If they had one in Blue, Black, or Silver I might have made the trip.

Wahoo!  10,000 pages of pizza, shoes, and almost not a single deal!  :p

BTW, since no one answered I found a Steam Controller the other day for $25 and jumped on it.  Going to take some getting used to with the buttons a little lower and the grip on the back being a button.  

Also, trying to play PoE with it is .... hard.  But we'll see.

Wahoo! 10,000 pages of pizza, shoes, and almost not a single deal! :p

BTW, since no one answered I found a Steam Controller the other day for $25 and jumped on it. Going to take some getting used to with the buttons a little lower and the grip on the back being a button.

Also, trying to play PoE with it is .... hard. But we'll see.
I'm on page 1000.

BTW, since no one answered I found a Steam Controller the other day for $25 and jumped on it. Going to take some getting used to with the buttons a little lower and the grip on the back being a button.

Also, trying to play PoE with it is .... hard. But we'll see.
I can't imagine playing something like PoE on a steam controller. It seems okay for action oriented games without controller support or even adventure games but I feel like playing strategy or crpg games with it with but incredibly tedious

Yep, I always said this thread is 99% whipping towels at naked dudes in showers. Everything is a big laugh.

Why PC games deals tuned into that thread, I'll never understand.

Why not Amiibos?

It would be great if there was a real discussion on good PC game deals without the noise. This is the perfect forum for it.

I remember I gave up on this thread when I asked about the list of games on the Steam sale and was promptly told to go to the Steam store for the details.

How dare I break up a conversation about how ugly some actress was?

Yep, I always said this thread is 99% whipping towels at naked dudes in showers. Everything is a big laugh.

Why not Amiibos?

It would be great if there was a real discussion on good PC game deals without the noise. This is the perfect forum for it.

I remember I gave up on this thread when I asked about the list of games on the Steam sale and was promptly told to go to the Steam store for the details.

isthereanydeal.com

Everything else is watching for a glitch or a deal at a brick and mortar store.

TzsIPLs.jpg

Wait. Where is this Yeti/ACO for $50 deal?

EDIT:

Dammit, GameStop again during yesterday's one day Pro Day Sale. Crap-o-la.

Why not Amiibos?

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1

Straight from the Gaben's mouth. Bookmark it and you'll never have to come back here again.

Why not Amiibos?

91sn32Q.jpg

"A leak regarding Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 points to the upcoming Call of Duty title having free DLC map content and a Zombies Season Pass instead of the traditional Season Pass of past Call of Duty games.

In addition to the Zombies focused Season Pass, Gaming Intel reported that Call of Duty players will receive one to two free multiplayer maps every month instead of the usual four that come with every DLC pack of past Season Passes. "

Tl;DR possible free CoD dlc

Source is the worst source: https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/1522/leak-points-to-free-dlc-and-zombies-season-pass-for-call-of-duty-black-ops-4

Well, they dropped Single Player which is like 87.4% of production costs, while keeping base price same, so they have some slack to give free dlcs to avoid backslash if preorder don't reach target levels.

MysterD has never spoken to us during the few bronights he's graced us with his presence.  Is it because he doesn't have a professional streamer quality mic?  Maybe. 

Well, they dropped Single Player which is like 87.4% of production costs, while keeping base price same, so they have some slack to give free dlcs to avoid backslash if preorder don't reach target levels.
I still wouldn't be surprised if the SP Campaign winds up as DLC, Season Pass, Stand-Alone Game, or something...since they said it wouldn't be done by October's release date:

https://kotaku.com/sources-next-call-of-duty-wont-have-a-solo-campaign-m-1825338768

I can't say I've ever played a BLOPS game but from what I've seen the single-player campaigns were fairly short and focused more on overproduced cutscenes rather than interesting content and level design.

I can't say I've ever played a BLOPS game but from what I've seen the single-player campaigns were fairly short and focused more on overproduced cutscenes rather than interesting content and level design.
Steam says i spent 10 hours on blops 2

which means it must've been a 10 hour story (mp and zombies are seperate entries on steam)

I feel like chiming in on the Best Buy GCU discontinuation panic thread - saying something like “HEY I used to be like you all but I have finally seen the light and purchased a PC where the games are so cheap and run and play 10 times better than console! Yes most, if not all game deals are digital which means you cannot resale or trade them in but SO WHAT it’s still way more cost effective than buying physical and trading in!” But I’m afraid I may disrupt their grief and sound like a straight up PC elitist bastard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like chiming in on the Best Buy GCU discontinuation panic thread - saying something like “HEY I used to be like you all but I have finally seen the light and purchased a PC where the games are so cheap and run and play 10 times better than console! Yes most, if not all game deals are digital which means you cannot resale or trade them in but SO WHAT it’s still way more cost effective than buying physical and trading in!” But I’m afraid I may disrupt their grief and sound like a straight up PC elitist bastard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think you would come off any worse than anyone else if you had posted there. That said, I tend to buy games on whatever platform that they are the cheapest. My PC is probably considered low end at this point, but it runs most of the indies that I would want to play. I don't really care about AAA games much at this point. Between Humble Bundle, Steam sales, and the occasional free game drop, I have plenty to play on PC. But I'd be lying if I said I don't stroll into GameStop every now and again for their buy 4 used games for $10 sales to beef up my 360 and PS3 physical collections or do my Bing searches each morning before I leave the house so I can get free Xbox Live credit to buy games for free for my Xbox One. I guess in my mind, I think everyone on CAG owns multiple platforms including a gaming PC. Is that the case, or no?

Derpablo 3 isn't worth buying.  Got it and the expansion at a fairly low price but, overall, the game gets dull after a few hours.  Although I did play a few seasons/adventure mode I don't ever think I bothered playing the campaign.  The biggest problem is the game is balanced around class sets that are required to amplify your damage by large amounts.  This takes most of the fun out of mixing and matching various wacky items.

If you've played Grim Dawn or even Torchlight 2 then Diablo 3 offers little in the way of variant gameplay unless you really love grinding and pushing leaderboards.  If you're just looking for a fun arpg narrative then play the other two games.

Why not Amiibos?

Here are some threads you might like, they are also all about PC game deals!!!! There have also been several amiibos threads including one that was well over 2000 pages, I made some good cash selling those pieces of crap.

PC Deals 2
PC Deals 3

PC Deals 4
PC Deals 5

The first two posts of this thread have 92.8% of the links you'd need to find 91.6% of the available deals on your own. Complaining about not being provided with direct links for the remaining 8.4% of the deals out there is 86.7% of the problem with people in this world. And that's 99.9876% of the reason we can't have nice things.

The first two posts of this thread have 92.8% of the links you'd need to find 91.6% of the available deals on your own. Complaining about not being provided with direct links for the remaining 8.4% of the deals out there is 86.7% of the problem with people in this world. And that's 99.9876% of the reason we can't have nice things.
something something [certain % of statistics are made up quote here]

giphy.gif

0dba2182baaf567abd272100817df53f3169d7449aa5d1a98235d2f885163a1e.jpg

(says the one with a degree in Aerospace Engineering; i.e. actually I *am* a rocket scientist)

If you're just looking for a fun arpg narrative then play the other two games.
Thanks for the feedback, like most people I play arpgs for the narrative

This is Gun, right? Actually a really fun game that holds up surprisingly well. I played it for like 6 hours earlier this year, but unfortunately the longer I played the buggier it got. My game crashed and I had forgotten to save for a bit and lost a good 1.5-2 hours of gameplay and rage quit.

I don't think you would come off any worse than anyone else if you had posted there. That said, I tend to buy games on whatever platform that they are the cheapest. My PC is probably considered low end at this point, but it runs most of the indies that I would want to play. I don't really care about AAA games much at this point. Between Humble Bundle, Steam sales, and the occasional free game drop, I have plenty to play on PC. But I'd be lying if I said I don't stroll into GameStop every now and again for their buy 4 used games for $10 sales to beef up my 360 and PS3 physical collections or do my Bing searches each morning before I leave the house so I can get free Xbox Live credit to buy games for free for my Xbox One. I guess in my mind, I think everyone on CAG owns multiple platforms including a gaming PC. Is that the case, or no?
I’m sure that most own multiple platforms and I also think that everyone’s gaming experience and gaming life is unique. In the case of Best Buy’s Gamer’s Club Unlocked - I remember how stuck I was on it - like it was the best thing ever for the time especially since I was a console only gamer - like I would peep in this thread and other PC gaming deal threads and was taken aback by how cheap PC games were in comparison to console games and as a result, GCU was that justification for not getting a PC and sticking with consoles.

Now, I feel like I don’t have to do so much work to actually find good deals for games, I don’t have to run around flipping used games for credit just to get consoles and games for cheap. I don’t have to price match, argue with employees about their policies when I’m trying to stack coupons, etc. My whole gaming life has been care free since I purchased a PC.

Don’t get me wrong, I still have a PS4 Pro because I love their exclusives but discontinuing GCU does not effect me either way because I would rather have those games digital than physical.

I used GCU strictly for Nintendo games.

I'm on your side when it comes to buying games on PC. I even purposely chose to not buy some games cause I feel like they'd get ported to PC (obviously not first-party Nintendo). But for those games that are guaranteed console-exclusive, that 20% off was nice. especially when it would stack with a B2G1 deal

bread's done
Back