Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Why? No one is playing them now. Even fewer people are going to host a Mirage LAN party.
Why not? Why let the game content go to waste?

This way, players can play offline against bots and/or either against other players locally.

Quake 3 Arena still has an offline mode and works, you know - if I want to play it alone.

Why can't Uber give this the same treatment?

Dev's could always re-work games to make offline modes and/or add LAN support.
Sure, and RDR could get ported to PC, and I could fall in love and marry a Swedish supermodel this fall.

aren't "coulds" great?

I could find a $100 bill sticking out of a midget's asshole in the Dewalt power tools section at Fleet Farm today.

Sure, and RDR could get ported to PC, and I could fall in love and marry a Swedish supermodel this fall.

aren't "coulds" great?
Still waiting for that RDR PC port...

fe7.gif

EDIT:

Because $
Bots and offline mode should've been put in there already, in the first place.

With so many MP games out there already, they should've been prepared for player numbers to die down and dwindle in the first place. It's inevitable.

Plus, it could add a whole new fanbase: SP only players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bots and offline mode should've been put in there already, in the first place.

With so many MP games out there already should've been prepared for player numbers to die down and dwindle in the first place. It's inevitable.
Costs money to add it in the first place. Since the games bombed, that would have been an even greater financial loss. They made the right call by not bothering with it.

MysterD, I like you. But you've got to stop Port-Begging. It's an incredibly obnoxious type of forum posting behavior.
You mentioned the RDR PC port first today over at #100237, not me.

You knew I'd take the so called "bait" like a fish, on the hook and all...and respond.

EDIT:

Three more times and maybe the RDR devs who post in this thread will finally do it!
That would be pretty awesome, but...I think we might have a better chance of Sunset Overdrive hitting PC.

in the year 2071 when devs decide to rockstar is bored and decides it will be a good year to remind people of the ancient west that existed in the now defunct united states territories they will release RDR on PC and Mysterd will have the last laugh

in the year 2071 when devs decide to rockstar is bored and decides it will be a good year to remind people of the ancient west that existed in the now defunct united states territories they will release RDR on PC and Mysterd will have the last laugh
I'll be well dead by 2071 (or at least wishing I was) so no worries. He can have that one.

Okay, so has RDR for a PC port been mentioned "3 more times" by now...or what?

You mentioned the RDR PC port first today over at #100237, not me.

You knew I'd take the so called "bait" like a fish, on the hook and all...and respond.
You were already having a discussion asking for an offline-mode / LAN mode conversion. It's the same thing. It's nonsensical begging for another version of a game, especially when it's an older game. You do it all the time, and it seems like you think its funny, clever, or interesting when you bring it up. I'm just saying that it's a frowned-upon type of posting behavior. It also seems like you are unaware of this. You've done this literally hundreds of times before I actually said something, so I don't think there's reason to take offense either.

You were already having a discussion asking for an offline-mode / LAN mode conversion. It's the same thing. It's nonsensical begging for another version of a game, especially when it's an older game. You do it all the time, and it seems like you think its funny, clever, or interesting when you bring it up. I'm just saying that it's a frowned-upon type of posting behavior. It also seems like you are unaware of this. You've done this literally hundreds of times before I actually said something, so I don't think there's reason to take offense either.
Why should these games w/ actual content go to waste, not to be played by one person who actually might've actually liked it?

These companies should be prepared ahead of time, with a SP Patch ready to go when it's about time to pull the MP plug. Unless the game is a juggernaut and completely reinvents the MP wheel, it's not gonna last long in the MP Space. Too much there, too much competition. It'll basically be a rental.

Offline SP stuff can last forever, even if its just a skirmish mode against bots. I still can run Q3A offline and HGL even, at my own leisure. If those were MP-Only games - by now, those two would be dead. In fact, we know for sure: one of those is dead on the MP side (HGL); thank God for it having a SP mode.

Also, even Square's thinking about maybe doing FFXI Offline Version - https://www.destructoid.com/square-enix-addresses-possibility-of-offline-version-of-final-fantasy-xi-503431.phtml

Hope it comes to fruition and more companies think about doing such a thing, once their MP game becomes less-played online...and it isn't economically worthwhile to really keep servers up.

EDIT:

BTW, I'm not offended at all. I'm just pointing it out that for once, I actually didn't bring up the RDR PC port today first.

What's the longest time you've ever had to idle a game to get all of it's cards? I know I've had some take longer, but this bundle shit hive jump just rolled over to 6 hours... 6 fuck ing hours!?!

Pizza.

Discuss.
Capone's, Santarpio's, and Pizzeria Regina are all great IMHO.

EDIT:

In particular, hard to top a Capone's Meat Lovers for a specialty pizza IMHO. With so many different meats (bacon, pepperoni, sausage, etc) on there and also the interesting pick of shaved-steak, it becomes a bunch of different explosions and tastes everywhere.

Pizzeria Regina is traditional Italian-style pizza...but certainly one of the best at it, IMHO. Their sausage or pepperoni pizzas are great. Just delicious.

Nothing tastes like a Santarpio pizza. It just is different - but it's a great kind of different.

What's the longest time you've ever had to idle a game to get all of it's cards? I know I've had some take longer, but this bundle shit hive jump just rolled over to 6 hours... 6 fuck ing hours!?!
There are man 12h+ games.

Absolute max is 8 drops * 2h per drop = 16h.

That is without penalty you've got from refunds (2-3h I think?)

Dungeon Defenders II took nearly 10 hours for me.

If you're not doing the idlemaster trick, you're doing it wrong.
Yeah, it still works but can be inconsistent. I typically idle a batch of games for at least 6 min (0.1 hours), then do the rapid cycling. Sometimes I can get drops for most of the games, sometimes nothing drops at all and I retry the next day. I can't seem to determine if it's better to cycle through the games every couple seconds or let each one idle for ~10 seconds before skipping to the next one.

There's also a fork for Idle Master that can automate the whole process to avoid the tedious clicking, but I haven't tried it yet.

FYI for those trying to do the spring cleaning tasks (using Idle Master):

Within the cmd window navigate to the folder where you installed or unzipped IM then enter the following:

"steam-idle.exe ######"

(where ###### is the appid of the game)

That way you can quickly log playtime without actually playing/installing anything (to fulfill the spring cleaning tasks).
This also works for the "free weekend" games without installing them. Just navigate to that game's page and click "play game" to open the installation prompt within Steam. That registers the license for the free weekend to your account, then Idle Master is able to idle the game.

VJnJj90.gif

I messed up and didn't do the daily tasks for the cleanup events on the first day...

Now I can't max my trophy.

sadjessicajonesvillain.webm

I messed up and didn't do the daily tasks for the cleanup events on the first day...

Now I can't max my trophy.

sadjessicajonesvillain.webm
I know that feeling. Didn't realize there was an event until day 2. My Steam account is now forever tarnished.

I also don't have any friends, so I don't know if I could have gotten it anyway. Oh well.

So I have 27 additional accounts from the old days of pennying in on Humble for Steam keys, and I have to say that changing the email address, adding 2FA on SDA and then creating the bot instance in ASF is a pain in the ass. Also, account recovery is rate-limited. Doubt I'll be able to add licenses for all the free games and still have time to idle them.

Also this will only get me like $2 in wallet money so idk wtf I'm doing besides wasting time.  :fridge:

I finally got around to launching GTAV, purchased in 2015.  On the plus side, modded with VisualV and NaturalVision Remastered, and maxed out on my GTX 1080 (at 1080p), it sure looks pretty and runs smooth.  Only had to wait four years to do it!

I finally got around to launching GTAV, purchased in 2015. On the plus side, modded with VisualV and NaturalVision Remastered, and maxed out on my GTX 1080 (at 1080p), it sure looks pretty and runs smooth. Only had to wait four years to do it!
What kind of framerates are you getting at 1080p w/ the GTX 1080 w/ those graphics mods?

what's the best games to play in Ultrawide? Picked up an X34 recently and loving it. Surprisingly Dark Souls Remastered natively supports 21:9
Pretty much any game. Ultrawide almost universally improves any game and I guess if I had to pick a genre then racing games, specifically cockpit mode, would make you go "hot damn!".

what's the best games to play in Ultrawide? Picked up an X34 recently and loving it. Surprisingly Dark Souls Remastered natively supports 21:9
Euro Truck SImulator, American Truck Simulator, Far Cry 5, PUBG, Ghost Recon Wildlands, GTA V...

Basically, anything with big wide panoramic views so racing as stated above or open world games get my vote. Open world lets you move between driving, flying, etc.

I love UW in PUBG. Here are some clips of me being awesome:

https://vimeo.com/272148840

https://vimeo.com/272148688

Detective Sale on Gamersgate:

https://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/tag/Detective/

DRM-FREE copies on almost all of Art of Murder series and Chronicles of Mystery series are $1 each on Gamersgate.

Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual is 50 cents.

These games aren't on Steam.

So, anyone looking to blow some low amounts of Blue Coins or spend a $1 on some adventure games - yeah, there you go.

bread's done
Back