Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Telegraph or GTFO

Telegraph.gif
Forgot to attach a midi file

I'm looking at either this one or this one. Any other equivalents for sale out there that any of you know of?
I tried configuring a few systems through CyberPower and AVA and couldn't beat those prices. Even putting together a system via PC Part Picker brought me up to $1,750 without an OS for the i7/1080ti system so it could easily be worth $150 to you to have it prebuilt and under a single warranty. Switching from an i7-8700K to a Ryzen 7 2700 built brought it down $70 -- nothing earth-shattering.

I think the biggest questions are how much power you need and whether you want to wait for the next batch of Nvidia cards to come out (potentially this summer) before dropping $800+ on a 1080ti.

My gaming rig is getting pretty old and I'm shopping around for something new. I'm not sure if I'll build again or if I'll just buy something ready out of the box as time is not really my friend these days. Do any of you have any experience with Cyberpower PCs? I'm looking at either this one or this one. Any other equivalents for sale out there that any of you know of?
So my old setup was a cyberpower I custom built through their site, like 7-8 years ago before I built a new one a year or 2 ago (at that time you could not beat their prebuilt price and I also didnt have the time to build my own). I would suggest seeing what sales/specials on either site because both of them tend to run sales around normal times where you can knock a few hundred off plus get various free upgrades.

I will say while the system was fine there are a few hangups on their default choices. Their default PSUs are shit. Mine died after a couple years, replaced and then was all good. The other thing is their insistence on water cooling all the things. Their default water cooler is also the cheapest of the cheap and complete crap. The temps that it would hold at are no better than an air cooler and at one point some part of my cooler setup actually died and I had no idea. I decided to check temps one day and noticed that it was idling extremely high.

So either it had always been that way or part of it died and it was just barely staying alive. Either way it was shit, replaced with a evo 212 and had cooler temps, quieter usage, and was just better overall. That experience also soured me on water cooling all together, dont see the point in paying 3x-10x the price of an air cooler for basically the same performance and thats it

So just be wary if you dont know every single piece thats going in to one of those prebuilds. If you customize it yourself then you're good to go

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed the water cooling on the CyberPower system as well.  Since you're not looking to overclock and CPUs run cooler these days than in the past, you're fine with air cooling and avoid any worries about leaks.  Water cooling isn't really value-added for you.

I would also suggest going on to the cyberpower site and try building one. I just did one that matched the specs of the 2000$ one except I swapped out water cooling, added more hdd space, upped the psu to a brand name 750w gold from 600w generic, and got an AIB 1080ti (so higher quality cooling options than the standard nvidia) and it was still 50$ cheaper.  So might want to hop on there and see what you can do

Origin removed a lot of my games.

Also, Origin live chat doesn't work.

And I have to call them on the phone and read aloud my product keys and order confirmations to get my games reinstated.

So I've been on the fence about Fallout 76, but Pete Hines shed some more light on the pvp aspect that has me a bit more positive. Let me preface this with I'm under no illusion this will be the same type of experience as the solely single player games BGS has done. Its a completely seperate entity merely based in the Fallout universe. I'm also not saying these things should make you eagerly anticipate the game, just that they make me feel good about what's there.

I enjoy survival type games and playing coop in those games. I've probably put in a few hundred hours in the genre, which is quite a bit considering my overall playtime. I also enjoy the new Fallouts and have put in a few hundred hours there. Initially, Fallout 76 appears to be a game designed specifically for my friend and myself to enjoy. My problem with games like this that feature pvp? Griefing. People that have nothing better to do than to show their superior skills in not having a life by kicking over my sand castle. I cant log into a game every 5 minutes just to make sure everything is still standing and I have no desire to be hassled non-stop while trying to complete some objective. This was my fear for this Fallout. The Rust style gameplay where I log in and I'm in the middle of a field with no gear because someone c4'd my base while I was having a life that isn't entirely virtual. Or I log in and "cool no one fucked with me while I was gone," only to step outside and get shot in the head instantly, respawn right there and get blasted with a shotgun, rinse and repeat until I quit. Fun.

To alleviate my fears, Pete Hines has come to the rescue with some reassuring info. Basically, he has said that the game literally does not allow griefing. You can't just uproot people's bases, you can't be stripped of all you have, and you don't have to be engaged in combat if choose not to. He indicated there would be a sort of challenge system in place for people to determine if they choose to pvp with that player or not. To me this is a nice compromise. Of course, this is just based what's been said and the truth may end up different, but fortunately there is a beta for BGS to get feedback and or people to get an idea of what's truly going on instead of doom and gloom speculation.

Also, not going to change Mooby's mind, but it appears only placing the main base module costs caps. The other structures seem to follow the Fallout 4 formula for settlements. The cost to move the base module may cost more depending on the size of the base, but I don't foresee anyone needing to buy a bag of 1000 caps for $20 to build their base.

Long post interesting very few people, but just some thoughts I had while bored on vacation.

And I have to call them on the phone and read aloud my product keys and order confirmations to get my games reinstated.
Ironically (and unrelated), I moved my Origin install to a different drive yesterday and when I went to let the client discover my games I was finally able to install Crysis again. Previously, it only let me install it in non-US English formats.

So I've been on the fence about Fallout 76, but Pete Hines shed some more light on the pvp aspect that has me a bit more positive. Let me preface this with I'm under no illusion this will be the same type of experience as the solely single player games BGS has done. Its a completely seperate entity merely based in the Fallout universe. I'm also not saying these things should make you eagerly anticipate the game, just that they make me feel good about what's there.

I enjoy survival type games and playing coop in those games. I've probably put in a few hundred hours in the genre, which is quite a bit considering my overall playtime. I also enjoy the new Fallouts and have put in a few hundred hours there. Initially, Fallout 76 appears to be a game designed specifically for my friend and myself to enjoy. My problem with games like this that feature pvp? Griefing. People that have nothing better to do than to show their superior skills in not having a life by kicking over my sand castle. I cant log into a game every 5 minutes just to make sure everything is still standing and I have no desire to be hassled non-stop while trying to complete some objective. This was my fear for this Fallout. The Rust style gameplay where I log in and I'm in the middle of a field with no gear because someone c4'd my base while I was having a life that isn't entirely virtual. Or I log in and "cool no one fucked with me while I was gone," only to step outside and get shot in the head instantly, respawn right there and get blasted with a shotgun, rinse and repeat until I quit. Fun.

To alleviate my fears, Pete Hines has come to the rescue with some reassuring info. Basically, he has said that the game literally does not allow griefing. You can't just uproot people's bases, you can't be stripped of all you have, and you don't have to be engaged in combat if choose not to. He indicated there would be a sort of challenge system in place for people to determine if they choose to pvp with that player or not. To me this is a nice compromise. Of course, this is just based what's been said and the truth may end up different, but fortunately there is a beta for BGS to get feedback and or people to get an idea of what's truly going on instead of doom and gloom speculation.

Also, not going to change Mooby's mind, but it appears only placing the main base module costs caps. The other structures seem to follow the Fallout 4 formula for settlements. The cost to move the base module may cost more depending on the size of the base, but I don't foresee anyone needing to buy a bag of 1000 caps for $20 to build their base.

Long post interesting very few people, but just some thoughts I had while bored on vacation.
Pete Hines is the devil incarnate. N-e-wayz, I appreciate this isn't meant to be a 'true' Fallout game. I also have enjoyed, on occasion, survival-type games. That said, the market is glutted with them. And unless it's some fairly hard core type of fundamental survival (see, e.g., The Long Dark) I don't have much interest in minecraft clones. Fallout 76 smacks of Bethesda trying desperately to latch on to the Fortnite/Battle Royal hype-u du jour. The problem is that it's not going to be 'hard core' type survival, rather, a watered down lets- fuck-around-in-co-op style game. It'll be like a Borderlands without npcs, moderately interesting quests, or the cool variety of weapons (unless they do something different on that front). And unless they eventually allow for heavy modding on 'private' servers that allow people to make npcs, etc., I don't see this game having much staying power past the typical 'lets move on to the next water cooler discussion game of the day' crowd. That is, maybe years down the line someone can make a really impressive single-player-ish survival mod with the assets and upgraded engine but that's about as much as I can hope for, really.

Will I buy it? Probably. Will I pay more than $15-20 for it? Not a chance. Especially when it shows all the signs of being abused with microtransactions up the wazoo. I'm sure it will have $30+ paid 'expansions' a la ESO. And, also like ESO, will have a ton of 'mini-expansions' that must be bought with in-game currency. BTW, the total price in real life dollars to buy all of the ESO mini-content is approximately $100 (and that doesn't include the recent Summerset Isles expansion for $30).

It's part of the alarming -- albeit not surprising trend -- in the industry where developers find a way to get their customers to pay more for what is essentially less effort/work on the part of the design team.

That Earthfall game on Chrono looks decent for 7,500 coins, but I have 45,000 and I'd hate to miss out on another good 40k game like Dead Cells later on...

Fwiw I have a Cyberpower pc (have had one for about 2 years or so now) and have had no complaints.

<snip>
That's some good info. I was very anti-Fallout 76 but knowing this has me a bit more positive on it. I'm sure I'll play it eventually but unless it gets amazing reviews I won't be spending more than 20 bucks tops on it.

Ironically (and unrelated), I moved my Origin install to a different drive yesterday and when I went to let the client discover my games I was finally able to install Crysis again. Previously, it only let me install it in non-US English formats.
When I installed Dragon Age: Origins, it wouldn't let me access the DLC even though I had the ultimate edition. I contacted support about this and the response they gave me was the same thing I found by googling: edit some .ini files to activate the dlc. And that solution was for people who had pirated the game.

I also want to note it's kind of... troubling (?) that it seems apparent Bethesda didn't really think much of this through prior to announcing the game.  All of this... 'hmmm... yeah... we'll have to reevaluate that PvP/griefing thing' talk betrays that they just went with some popular fad and pushed it through development.

Edit: Cosmetics and loot boxes are now confirmed.  Of course...

All my Origin games seem accounted for. Did support give any explanation as to why some of your games disappeared?

That Earthfall game on Chrono looks decent for 7,500 coins, but I have 45,000 and I'd hate to miss out on another good 40k game like Dead Cells later on...
Dead Cells set in the 40 Universe would be awesome. :D

All my Origin games seem to be still in place... but I would be lying if I knew all the titles I should have. (Ones I have gotten out of region still check out.)

All my Origin games seem accounted for. Did support give any explanation as to why some of your games disappeared?
EA Support fucking sucks. I told them what the problem was, and that someone from EA Support previously told me to create a new account and they would transfer my games over (which I'm pretty sure they did because I had access to them before). This guy named Christopher said he would help me get my original pre-Origin account back from 2010 that had a lot of the games in question on it. Then, he asked me a security question that I know I answered correctly but he said I didn't. It was a proper name, the real correct answer was 2 names, and I still gave the correct name even if I wrote 1 name as the correct answer back when I created the security question in 2010.

So he told me it was wrong, then asked me what my associated Xbox Live account was. I got that right too, and he said I needed to dig out my Xbox, go on the internet to their website and sign in with that. I only have the 360 and it hasn't been running in years, so I had to download and install updates, then download Internet Explorer and try to find the page. So I said "can't I just give you an order number or product key?" Then he tells me they can't help unless I verify my account, and suggests I get my email address back up and running--if the domain was active and I still had the email address, I wouldn't even need to contact support. Then he says, "You can try again later once you figure out the Xbox thing. Is there anything else I can assist you with?" I said he can go fuck himself.

tl;dr I couldn't even get past verification, despite having all of my proofs of purchase and product keys, the correct email address, number, and XBL gamertag, and had given 1 correct name on my security question. Big waste of time.

Dead Cells set in the 40 Universe would be awesome. :D

All my Origin games seem to be still in place... but I would be lying if I knew all the titles I should have. (Ones I have gotten out of region still check out.)
They could easily remove half a dozen from my account and I'd be hard pressed to notice. Does Origin TOS still give them to the right to remove games after the account being inactive for 2 years? I came across this little tidbit while investigating Blade's issue.

At least Valve has the decency to throw a notification your way when they remove something from an account.  With Origin the onus seems to be on the customer to remember which titles they owned.

btw does anyone here play Heroes of the Storm because this new event has a quest that needs you to group with friends and ha ha ha haha hah I don't, ha hahaaha have

anyff

riend

s

This is what I ended up with. I also found a 5% off coupon online that brought it down to $1947.50

• *BASE_PRICE: [+2069]
  • BLKFRISALE1: CyberpowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse [+5]
  • BLKFRISALE2: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5]
  • BLKFRISALE3: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CABLE: None
  • CAS: Thermaltake View 27 black Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Gull-Wing Window Skylight View + 4x RED Riing Fans [-29]
  • CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller
  • CC: None
  • CD: None
  • CD2: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake) [-84]
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • EVGA_POWER: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • FREEBIE_CU1: Q1' 18 Intel® Core™ i5, i7 VR Ready Bundle [+0]
  • FREEBIE_CU2: Q1' 18 Intel® Core™ i7 Performance Bundle WW Premium [+0]
  • FREEBIE_CU3: Q2'18 Intel® Channel Gaming Bundle [+0]
  • FREEBIE_MN: None
  • FREEBIE_VC: FREE Crew 2 Bundle
  • FREEBIE_WAP: None
  • HDD: 480GB ADATA ASU650SS-480GT-C SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 520/450 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 40/75k [-25] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • HEADSET: None
  • INSTANTREBATE: $50 Instant Rebate on all Intel Desktops and Laptops [-50]
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC RGB 7 Color Premium Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS GAMING ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready] [+32]
  • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
  • PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + [Red] Phanteks Premium Extension Cables sleeved set [24Pin MB + 8Pin CPU + 6+2 Pin VGA] [+39]
  • RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS [+69]
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: EVGA GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti SC GAMING iCX Black Edition 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)
  • VIVE_HEADSET: None
  • WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • _PRICE: (+2050)

EA Support fucking sucks. I told them what the problem was, and that someone from EA Support previously told me to create a new account and they would transfer my games over (which I'm pretty sure they did because I had access to them before). This guy named Christopher said he would help me get my original pre-Origin account back from 2010 that had a lot of the games in question on it. Then, he asked me a security question that I know I answered correctly but he said I didn't. It was a proper name, the real correct answer was 2 names, and I still gave the correct name even if I wrote 1 name as the correct answer back when I created the security question in 2010.

So he told me it was wrong, then asked me what my associated Xbox Live account was. I got that right too, and he said I needed to dig out my Xbox, go on the internet to their website and sign in with that. I only have the 360 and it hasn't been running in years, so I had to download and install updates, then download Internet Explorer and try to find the page. So I said "can't I just give you an order number or product key?" Then he tells me they can't help unless I verify my account, and suggests I get my email address back up and running--if the domain was active and I still had the email address, I wouldn't even need to contact support. Then he says, "You can try again later once you figure out the Xbox thing. Is there anything else I can assist you with?" I said he can go fuck himself.

tl;dr I couldn't even get past verification, despite having all of my proofs of purchase and product keys, the correct email address, number, and XBL gamertag, and had given 1 correct name on my security question. Big waste of time.
This reminds me of when my PSN account was hacked last year and customer support told me I had to give them the serial number of the console I used to create that account. Who tf still has a launch day PS3 at hand other than us nerds?

To be fair, those CSRs don't know what the answer to your mystery question is.  They just type in what you tell them, hit enter, and then it is either accepted or not.  Not sure if the Origin ones are allowed to try more than once.  So it's not like you said "Billy Bob" and he saw "Billy" and said "NOPE!"  

Where are you seeing this? Cosmetics wouldn't surprise me but if they put loot boxes in...man...anybody would be stupid to do that after what Battlefront went through last year
It's from the 'making of' documentary (which I did not watch but saw reviews/coverage of).

The boxes are cosmetic only... although there's some level up system tied to cards or something?  I dunno.  Too much of a train wreck for me to watch.

Free Games:

Pizza Connection - 75CRK-JFHJH-GY3YX
Pizza Connection 2 - 6KAG6-46M3X-CEWBE
Rover The Dragonslayer - GLLH7-KDBJZ-RA0JK
Dungeon Journey - GFNZX-92LM3-3WFBB
Timore Inferno - GIPLW-7GDDQ-LX5VH
GROOVY - GG9L9-6PJNR-YCBCP
Power of Love - GECQ8-LPCNX-YXG04
Sudoku Quest - GEWRA-0XBFM-5KM2Q
Rapid Squirrel - GEN35-66I0E-CVIQJ
Death Goat - F84NN-E2RFZ-6MMF8

:wave:

Survival games are one big loot box.  Go to house.  Search house.  Find random loot.  Sometimes it's a gun with 2 bullets or a club.  Other times it's like the millionth bandage you don't need.  As long as the system doesn't allow people to pay for an advantage (cosmetic loot boxes) or the loot boxes are easy to get with in game grinding, it's not a big deal at all.  All you old complainers go play your isometric offline only RPGs and get off of my internet!

Survival games are one big loot box. Go to house. Search house. Find random loot. Sometimes it's a gun with 2 bullets or a club. Other times it's like the millionth bandage you don't need. As long as the system doesn't allow people to pay for an advantage (cosmetic loot boxes) or the loot boxes are easy to get with in game grinding, it's not a big deal at all. All you old complainers go play your isometric offline only RPGs and get off of my internet!
^ Pretty much articulates why 90% of survival games are shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQVoA-UFbg

Just did the Sky DLC in Just Cause 3, this is amazing. i didn't know the wing suit became this awesome
Yes.

The jetpack is top tier. I beat the game before the DLCs came out, so I don't know how long into playing one can do the sky DLC, but I recommend doing that DLC asap to get it.

Yes.

The jetpack is top tier. I beat the game before the DLCs came out, so I don't know how long into playing one can do the sky DLC, but I recommend doing that DLC asap to get it.
I was about 5 hours in. I think I did it accidentally, the map confuses me. But holy crap do i love it

Watching IGN w/ developers of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

This looks & sounds awesome...and very difficult, the way the dev's are talking.

They say it's designed is very similar Dark Souls 1 - with namely to the inter-connected style of hubs & areas like that of Dark Souls 1; and that you'll find items, read descriptions, explore, & have to figure out what to do w/ them.

Looking for some garbage software that I had to download for a new scanner I'll just return and happened to notice this:
Huh.jpg

That's strange, right?

Edit: Neither one of the files is actually more than 3 GB, so why does Windows recognize them as so large?

Golf It! is today's Chrono.gg coin shop game for 7,500 coins. Tempted to pick up that and Earthfall for 7,500 each, but Earthfall's playerbase is really lacking. Still really bitter about missing out on Dead Cells.

Wreckfest, one of the first early access games, has finally released. First store update was January of 2014. That's almost 4 and half years. At least it's got positive reviews.

bread's done
Back