Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry, it was a Humble promo so there's no telling if it will ever be in another bundle.  It certainly won't be that cheap on Steam unless they radically reverse course on their tepid sales of the last five or so years.

Games which I picked up last sale at 70-75% off: 75-80% off this sale.

Games which I missed at 75-80%: 0-70% off this sale.

:censored:
Definitely the case for games on my wishlist. Black Mesa at 60 percent off is a worse sale than the prior Winter one, and bundle traders value their Humble Monthly copies very highly. I'm probably better off waiting until the Xen content is finished, anyways. The sales on the new Lego games eg. City Undercover, are also terrible. I'm glad I got MGSV Definitive from a trade, as the Steam price is pretty weak. Probably will pick up RAGE at 75 percent off, given Bethesda's tendency to reduce discounts when a sequel is released.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's maybe half a dozen games on my wishlist (of 180 or so games) that have a discount of 70% off or more and those are easily future bundle fodder.

Fake edit: Okay, I lied it's more like 20 or so, but they're all bundle fodder (or should be), examples: SturmFront, Has-Been Heroes, Eador: Imperium, Zombie City Defense 2, Versus Squad, Siralim 2, Solitairica, etc.

The only one that sort of an independent purchase is Grim Dawn and that's already been in a Humble Monthly... still refuses to go below a $7.50 price point despite pooping out multiple DLC. Hell, the latest expansion was released almost a year ago (Oct. 2017) and is only 20% off. It's laughable.
Hey, just looked at SturmFront and it looks like an absolutle hidden gem. My youtube channel is dedicated to cool hidden games like these... if you have any other recommendations, please let me know. <3 Going to look at the rest of which you posted.

Had to force myself to spend $30 just to use the paypal coupon

i probably could've bought FFXV + $5 game, but i feel like FFXV will be sub $20 at GMG some day

Random question, was MGSV:TPP being $5 a price mistake during the humble spring sale?

How much have you spent on Steam?  

Click link to check it out. 

https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/AccountSpend

External Funds Used
This is a sum of external funds that have been applied to your Steam account, either to purchase games on the Steam store or fund your Steam Wallet. This value is used to determine if an account is a "Limited User Account".
Type Time Calculated Amount in USD

TotalSpend 2018-06-20 16:41:02.843 $263.82

OldSpend 2018-06-20 16:41:02.843 $130.69

PWSpend 2018-06-20 16:41:02.843 $0.00

Yeah some of the prices are crazy compared to what they used to go on sale for. BIT.TRIP Runner 2 (which somehow I don't own, I thought I bought the pack years ago but I guess not) is $7.49 and was $1.19 in 2014.
I noticed 5-6 indie games that I absolutely know I owned--and played on Steam and nowhere else--but when I went to the pages I didn't own them. All older indie titles from past bundles. I'm thinking either the keys were revoked because of a dispute with the bundle handler, or the devs re-released the games with new depots and removed the old ones. Shitty either way.

I noticed 5-6 indie games that I absolutely know I owned--and played on Steam and nowhere else--but when I went to the pages I didn't own them. All older indie titles from past bundles. I'm thinking either the keys were revoked because of a dispute with the bundle handler, or the devs re-released the games with new depots and removed the old ones. Shitty either way.
I was actually noticing the same thing, but assumed I was crazy.

I mean, I assume I'm still crazy. But, maybe not about this.

There's something absurdly wrong with me. Instead of using my Steam wallet, I spent $30, of REAL fuck ing money, on games I only had a passing interest in just so I could save $5 via that PayPal offer. What the Hell, right?!

When people talk about games disappearing, but don't name games...

tenor.gif

Steam sales have been getting progressively worse...
We're the exception to the rule. Talk to scrub gamers and see how many know about Humble, GMG, Amazon, key resellers, Enhanced Steam, etc. Most are clueless. Hell, some dumbshits over on the Reddit steam sale thread are talking about how the sale is the only way they can get good prices. This despite people telling them about all this other stuff, their response is "I just want to use Steam, I don't trust other places." Valve is practically printing money at this point with all the ignorant people out there.

The time of super good deals is over because devs/pubs/valve looked at the financials and realized they don't have to offer 75%+ off to get people to buy games. PC gaming is growing and plenty of suckers have cash to spend.

We're the exception to the rule. Talk to scrub gamers and see how many know about Humble, GMG, Amazon, key resellers, Enhanced Steam, etc. Most are clueless. Hell, some dumbshits over on the Reddit steam sale thread are talking about how the sale is the only way they can get good prices. This despite people telling them about all this other stuff, their response is "I just want to use Steam, I don't trust other places." Valve is practically printing money at this point with all the ignorant people out there.

The time of super good deals is over because devs/pubs/valve looked at the financials and realized they don't have to offer 75%+ off to get people to buy games. PC gaming is growing and plenty of suckers have cash to spend.
As dumb as it may sound, I'm a bit annoyed by arbitrary minimum of fifty cents they threw on things while not actually bothering to pay much mind to the actual quality of stuff.

I went on Steamdb, and just had a look at everything that's $0-$1. There's 4,627 game at this threshold. Most of these noone is going to look twice at... especially for a minimum of 50 cents. Now, back when you had pages of games that ended up being down to 5 or 10 cents because of the steam sale, there was a least a tiny bit of a reason to dig through some of it, even if it was just to surface with something laughably bad like Bad Rats.

hnQANlh.gif

As Steam sales have became worse Arkansas baseball has become better.  I now have to hope for terrible discounts on everything I want to buy for the foreseeable future.  

Which games?

The only game I can think of that did something like that was Level 22: Gary's Misadventures. The dev just upped a new version of the game and old owners got screwed.

I would spend more on this Steam sale if I was able to upgrade my four year old fuck  ing GTX960 for a reasonable price.

The only game I can think of that did something like that was Level 22: Gary's Misadventures. The dev just upped a new version of the game and old owners got screwed.
Not anymore. Owners of the old version got the new version automatically over two years ago.

G2A has it for just over $2, but I've always read that sites like that are insanely shady.
G2A is shady but in this case I would assume people are selling Humble keys and just go for it. They are "seller might give you a key that gets revoked" shady not "steal your CC and go on a shopping trip" shady.

G2A is shady but in this case I would assume people are selling Humble keys and just go for it. They are "seller might give you a key that gets revoked" shady not "steal your CC and go on a shopping trip" shady.
I bought a yooka laylee key from them last week and am currently dealing With a paypal claim due to the key being revoked.

I'd like to take this time to complain:

1.  Saliens game sucks, hand numb, now running script

2.  Bethesda is crazy if they think I'm paying that for Fallout 4 dlc.

3.  Next Humble Monthly reveal:  July 6.  End of Summer Sale:  July 5.  boooooo

4.  34 percent off some 5 year old game nobody wants or most people have is some kind of sick joke.

5.  Hey Valve, you STILL haven't put a followed games link on newer wish list page?  Too busy designing awful alien game I guess.

I would spend more on this Steam sale if I was able to upgrade my four year old fuck ing GTX960 for a reasonable price.
Do you have the 2GB or 4GB version?

These days, a lot of AAA titles want at least 2-3GB of VRAM (i.e. see Res Evil 2 Remake; AC Unity and newer; Fallout 4; GR Wildlands; Mafia 3; etc etc) - so, if you have 4GB on the 960, you might be okay. Mind you, it won't get the best performance at 1080p if you max stuff out, but at least you'll have the needed VRAM buffer. You should get 30fps+ on most titles (at Medium or better).

Also, I've seen 6GB GTX 1060's around $200-240 online - so yeah, keep your eyes peeled, if you're looking for one of those. Of course, 1070's and above still been quite pricey.

EDIT:

Apparently my computer only has intergrated graphics and doesnt even have a proper graphics card.
Yeah, video cards are very important these days.

Do you have a laptop or desktop?

If it's a desktop - do you have a PCI-E slot and a decent power supply in there (i.e. 300w or more)? If so, then you could get a solid video card. You're not going to have a decent PC gaming experience w/ AAA titles, if you don't have some kind of solid video card these days. Most modern games seem to want at least 2GB 660's and some even recommend 3GB cards. The upcoming RE2 Remake wants a 2GB 760 for a minimum, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more games asking for mid-range 700 series and above.

If you can't change a lower power supply (i.e. propriety crap, limited room, don't want to change, don't want to deal out more $ for another part, and/or whatever) - look in the GTX 1050 card range. Your best bet might be a 4GB 1050 Ti for a band-aid (to get well over the usual 2GB VRAM requirement and to get something that does 1080p gaming decently); seen those for around $120 (B-stocks) to $160 (new).

Otherwise, of course, I'd always recommend something like the 6GB GTX 1060 (i.e. $200-240) or better, if you want to dish out more $ and you already have a good system. I have the 6GB 1060 mobile in my gaming laptop and my main gaming desktop has a GTX 970 - and those cards run 1080p @ 60fps or better at High or above on most modern games. If you have a better monitor and whatnot - you could always push to 1440p w/ Medium if need be for 30fps+ performance (often what I do w/ the GTX 970), if you aren't always about having 60fps.

How to know when you have a game collecting problem;

You own Just Cause 1

You own Just Cause 2

You've never played either or even installed them.

You see Just Cause 3 on sale and think "hey, maybe I should buy that".

I swear, if they had a Hoarders, Steam Edition, I think some of us could be on that show.

How to know when you have a game collecting problem;

You own Just Cause 1

You own Just Cause 2

You've never played either or even installed them.

You see Just Cause 3 on sale and think "hey, maybe I should buy that".

I swear, if they had a Hoarders, Steam Edition, I think some of us could be on that show.
Hell, I think I played JC3 more than JC2. Namely b/c I played JC3 on a free weekend, as much as I could over that weekend.

I ain't played JC3 XL since buying it recently, back when it was cheap on Humble Store.

I barely played JC2, for some reason. Maybe it was b/c of open-world fatigue at every time I tried to play it?!?!? And/or other games getting in my way of it?

I actually finished JC1's main quest, long time ago - back when it was in retail boxes.

I actually had two Van Helsing Final Cut keys. Gave away my Humble one, and the other to my sis. I do have an Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing if you really want that though heh.

Nvidia supposedly has a glut of cards from the Crypto-Crash they're trying to unload before releasing the 1100 series.  My local Micro Center has an Asus Strix 1080 for $549 now which is cheaper than it's been in ages.  Slickdeals shows some in the $450 range after coupons or rebates.

Of course, then you can get into "But you should hold that $549 until the 1100 cards come out and see what they're priced at..." so have fun forever second guessing yourself.

BTW just some random thoughts about Cultist Simulator.

I bought this game, mainly cause I quite like card games, and it seemed unique. Well it is pretty unique overall, but wow does it get repetitive fast. Everything you play is on a timer, which isn't terrible honestly, but I feel the game honestly doesn't respect your time. It takes forever to upgrade your cult members once you get to that point. I got to a point where I was just stable overall, but was moving glacially forward to try to keep moving farther and farther along to getting an ending.

I couldn't stand it after a certain point and was just repeating actions over and over and over to keep progressing slowly forward. I never made it to the end. There also needs to be more generic mooks for your cult, cause I bleed those generics quickly.

Good idea for a game, but just doesn't have staying power. I did play 12 hours though, so I did get some game out of it. If anyone has any questions just ask.

Has anyone played Into the Breach?

Nvidia supposedly has a glut of cards from the Crypto-Crash they're trying to unload before releasing the 1100 series. My local Micro Center has an Asus Strix 1080 for $549 now which is cheaper than it's been in ages. Slickdeals shows some in the $450 range after coupons or rebates.

Of course, then you can get into "But you should hold that $549 until the 1100 cards come out and see what they're priced at..." so have fun forever second guessing yourself.
That's funny you mention that. I went to Microcenter yesterday for the first time in about a year and spent two hours looking over the pricing of the various bottlenecks in my system, especially the 1060 to 1080 cards. The guys I talked to there said exactly the same thing you just said. It doesn't sound like prices are going to be coming down much at all, and that the graphics card companies will continue doing + game bundles.

Then again, these guys are paid to sell graphics cards.

That's funny you mention that. I went to Microcenter yesterday for the first time in about a year and spent two hours looking over the pricing of the various bottlenecks in my system, especially the 1060 to 1080 cards. The guys I talked to there said exactly the same thing you just said. It doesn't sound like prices are going to be coming down much at all, and that the graphics card companies will continue doing + game bundles.

Then again, these guys are paid to sell graphics cards.
You could always stalk Craigslist or hardwareswap if you don't mind a used card.

Count me in the need to upgrade my video card as well. I'm waiting for a perfect price for what I want, but for now I have older AAA games and indie games to hold me over.

The latest rumor besides the 300k chip glut from Nvidia is that the 1100 cards are due in September. Some say even later in the year. Who knows for sure. I don't see prices coming down that much for the new stuff though. Nvidia's mindset for the past 4-5 years has been to increase prices at every level in the product stack by $50-100 each generation. Say what you want about AMD's cards, price/perf they've held their own the past 8 or so years.

I have seen some deals though. Missed out on a CDW outlet sale this week. $170 for a gigabyte 1060 card, likely a refurb though.

I'd like to take this time to complain:

1. Saliens game sucks, hand numb, now running script

2. Bethesda is crazy if they think I'm paying that for Fallout 4 dlc.

3. Next Humble Monthly reveal: July 6. End of Summer Sale: July 5. boooooo

4. 34 percent off some 5 year old game nobody wants or most people have is some kind of sick joke.

5. Hey Valve, you STILL haven't put a followed games link on newer wish list page? Too busy designing awful alien game I guess.
Re Bethesda, they gotta pay for all of those Skyrim re-hashes somehow. I'd rather buy Paradox dlc's than the FO4 season pass.

The latest rumor besides the 300k chip glut from Nvidia is that the 1100 cards are due in September. Some say even later in the year. Who knows for sure. I don't see prices coming down that much for the new stuff though. Nvidia's mindset for the past 4-5 years has been to increase prices at every level in the product stack by $50-100 each generation. Say what you want about AMD's cards, price/perf they've held their own the past 8 or so years.
It seems like its been years since AMD really had a card worth owning... and there hasn't been a crypto market going on. Who knows what sort of prices NVIDIA will do when faced with real competition.

bread's done
Back