Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So I'm sure pretty much everybody has these, but if you like stealth games an somehow haven't played any of the Thief series, Thief Gold and Thief: The Metal Age are 97 cents each and Thief: Deadly Shadows is 98 cents. I actually just started playing Deadly Shadows today, so I'm not sure how good it is, but Thief 1/2 are some of the best and most influential stealth games of all time. They came out in the late 90s, so yeah, graphics are a bit out of date, but it's not a hindrance to enjoying the games imo, and the gameplay more than holds up. 

So yeah, if you don't have those, then buy them, if you do have them but haven't played them and like stealth at all then try them out.

Thief series is great, for the most part.

If you like stealth, original two are awesome. Missions are great, but you must play stealthy  or forget it.

Deadly Shadows is also great, but a bit different. It's more of an open-world game with good-to-great missions, story & lore.

Thief 2014 tries to do the Deadly Shadows formula, but w/ more moderizations - i.e. Highlight items, Arkham X-ray detective mode stuff, one hit knockout key, etc etc...which you can shut off/turn off each and every one, in custom difficulty mode to suit your play-style.

Thief 2014 is good, but isn't as great as the other 3 games. Namely, the missions were often good, but not great. Also, I think they should've fleshed more out on the "Erin will kill vs. Garrett normally doesn't kill" story & philosophies; and fleshed their characters out more.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm sure pretty much everybody has these, but if you like stealth games an somehow haven't played any of the Thief series, Thief Gold and Thief: The Metal Age are 97 cents each and Thief: Deadly Shadows is 98 cents. I actually just started playing Deadly Shadows today, so I'm not sure how good it is, but Thief 1/2 are some of the best and most influential stealth games of all time. They came out in the late 90s, so yeah, graphics are a bit out of date, but it's not a hindrance to enjoying the games imo, and the gameplay more than holds up.

So yeah, if you don't have those, then buy them, if you do have them but haven't played them and like stealth at all then try them out.
And you can get them for cheaper if you already own the newest Thief game.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1459/Thief_Collection/

I'll pre order yakuza 0 to show my support. Already had kiwami 1. They really need to bring kiwami 2 also. I'd buy that along with Y6 and future ports whether they are y3, y5, etc

I'm obviously not trying to shame anyone and I fully intend to buy Yakuza 0 (and any other Yakuza games they want to bring over) but only if they're good ports.

I'm obviously not trying to shame anyone and I fully intend to buy Yakuza 0 (and any other Yakuza games they want to bring over) but only if they're good ports.
I only paid like $11 for it and I don't mind supporting even if it's a shit port. It's supposed to be a great game and I want more devs to port over to PC and I have nothing but respect for MY platform and will throw $11 their way to show my support.

So I'm sure pretty much everybody has these, but if you like stealth games an somehow haven't played any of the Thief series, Thief Gold and Thief: The Metal Age are 97 cents each and Thief: Deadly Shadows is 98 cents. I actually just started playing Deadly Shadows today, so I'm not sure how good it is, but Thief 1/2 are some of the best and most influential stealth games of all time. They came out in the late 90s, so yeah, graphics are a bit out of date, but it's not a hindrance to enjoying the games imo, and the gameplay more than holds up.

Thief WAS a great series for its time but the series aged terribly. I would say try Dishonored. It's basically the better Thief spiritual successor

Thief WAS a great series for its time but the series aged terribly. I would say try Dishonored. It's basically the better Thief spiritual successor
I don't know, to me they're pretty different. Obviously Dishonored has roots in Thief but they're pretty different games imo. Thief is pretty much solely about stealth, it's hard to fight more than one enemy at a time and stay alive, whereas with all the abilities in Dishonored you can choose to just fight everything and it's fine.

Personally I think it holds up fine, I played Thief Gold for the first time like 3-4 years ago and it was one of my favorite games I played that year.

Thief series might be dated and whatnot by today's standards (especially in graphics department) - but you'll for sure get a stealth experience out of it. You really can't play those games any other way.

Dishonored series can be played stealthy, like a psychotic killer, or a mixture of both - your ending (whether it's "choatic" or not) in Dishonored 1 & 2 is going to matter, based on how stealthy and smarty you play them with who you kill (or not). Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, not so much - as you can play any way you see fit b/c that system isn't there to get different endings; different endings there aren't based on how stealthy you play (or not).

Looking to pick up a cheap (and I stress CHEAP) laptop to take to and from work (all that requires is Word and the interwebz) that can play some casual/older games. Any thoughts on: https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-320-15ABR-Widescreen-backlight-A12-9720P/dp/B075WDDXTH/

Or any suggestions in the $400ish range other than that? Not really interested in spending $700+ for a more modern laptop as I really don't game on them.
I mean that looks alright but have you looked at this?

Seems like a much better option for just another 9600 or so

Looking to pick up a cheap (and I stress CHEAP) laptop to take to and from work (all that requires is Word and the interwebz) that can play some casual/older games. Any thoughts on: https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-320-15ABR-Widescreen-backlight-A12-9720P/dp/B075WDDXTH/

Or any suggestions in the $400ish range other than that? Not really interested in spending $700+ for a more modern laptop as I really don't game on them.
Looks decent for the money. Only downside I see is the soldered 4gb so likely only 1 upgrade slot for ram.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A12-9720P-SoC-Benchmarks-and-Specs.234448.0.html

I saw an HP Silver Iridium Ci7(15-cc060wm) at Walmart on clearance for $499, originally $699. All stores in my area are showing that price, so it appears to be company wide. I've been keeping an eye on it to see if any of them decide to clear out even further at store level. Specs are decent but still only 768 and has a potentially useless touchscreen.

b972330708d4c6a1390072c15092702f.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, bros.  The memory amount doesn't bother me too much because I'll probably only rarely play games on it and when I do it's going to be indie stuff.  Nothing like Doom or a modern FPS/ARPG.

It depends on how cheap you want to go and how important the casual and indie gaming aspect is to you.

This is what I have:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834269157&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=hp_elitebook_8470p-_-34-269-157-_-Product

I upgraded the RAM and bought an SSD for it. Pushed it closer to $250 which is only about $100 cheaper than yours. I've had this for 2 years and love it for work. Dependable, tough, runs super fast for what I do on it. I've tried some indie/casual games and they run, but the computer runs hot, but I haven't found any laptop that doesn't run hot while gaming. For $100 more you'll be getting something more modern and more capable of gaming (I played Sleeping Dogs on a 5 year old A-series AMD laptop so they are great for gaming more than just indie or casual stuff), but just thought I'd put it out there.

just grab a cheapo chromebook or any Android tablet with a detachable keyboard.

HP 15.6" N3050, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD $200.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46429969

HP 15.6" Touchscreen, AMD A12, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, $350.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=955904502

HP 17.3" Full HD, AMD A10, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, $350.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=535554960

HP Flyer Red 15.6" Pentium, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD $199.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46429958

Can probably find more on clearance at Walmart, too. Should be located next to the $1.65 Pumpkin Spice candles.

just grab a cheapo chromebook or any Android tablet with a detachable keyboard.
To go along those lines, you can also find fairly cheap 2n1 windows refurbs at various places. I.e. I grabbed this one about a year and a half ago for 450$,

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315717

So you get a tablet and laptop in one. Suffices for basic usage and low-spec games. For an idea of performance you can run something like xcom(newer one) at like 720p. More basic games run just fine though, plus you can play touch enabled ones since its also a tablet

That being said I did also end up going back to an ipad just for ease of use and because you could get the 2017 256gb for super cheap right before the 2018's came out. The 2n1s are good if you are going to do some business oriented stuff, like I would use it for meetings at my old job and for note taking. After switching jobs though I just didnt really need to do that so an ipad sufficed just fine for travel and couch usage

This laptop (EVGA SC15) is great, if it ever drops in price to $1000 again:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=516-34-1833-T1

EDIT:

Thanks for the feedback, bros. The memory amount doesn't bother me too much because I'll probably only rarely play games on it and when I do it's going to be indie stuff. Nothing like Doom or a modern FPS/ARPG.
If you get a not-so-gaming laptop, you could throw the old Doom games from the '90's (Doom 1, Doom 2, Final Doom) with GZDoom or a Source Port of some kind.

Any potato should run those great classics.

That stuff won't take up much space at all either.

I can run those fine on my NuVision W10 tablet.

How has Sega's recent ports been?I've been hearing bad things about Puyo, but how can they screw that up?
From recent memory Sega on their PC ports have done pretty well like Bayo and Vanquish I heard Puyo has gotten patches recently I dont know if it got fixed or what the issues were

Good advice. I ran the Samsung software and my ssd is fine. Have a corsair 800w ps since I used to have about 5 hds connected so I doubt thats the problem. I'll try the ram sticks individually and check for that switch on the video card.
I am the bro in question, I have a 390x. The card runs 50 degrees under load all day on drivers 16.51. These are over a year old. If I install any driver after that version, and I get artifacts on windows startup. If I go into a game, the card will overheat and reboot the system somewhere north of 80 degrees. I always completely wipe out the old drivers before installing new drivers. Im running msi afterburner and cranked the fan up to max and it cant keep the card cool.

Ive had to hack the registry to lie about what version of drivers im using because some newer games set a minimum version.

Run msi afterburner and use it to watch your temps when you are in a game.

I saw an HP Silver Iridium Ci7(15-cc060wm) at Walmart on clearance for $499, originally $699. All stores in my area are showing that price, so it appears to be company wide. I've been keeping an eye on it to see if any of them decide to clear out even further at store level. Specs are decent but still only 768 and has a potentially useless touchscreen.
As an update to this, today I went in and it is down to about $280. Website still shows $499, so I'm guessing this is a store level mark down to get it gone. I didn't bite since I really don't need it, but I'm going to sleep on it and check stock tomorrow if I decide to waste money. They also have an i5 version for $235ish.

CAG: Any suggestions for a $400 laptop for office work and light indie gaming?

Also CAG: LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY THOUSAND DOLLAR GAMING LAPTOP
Yeah, it's awesome. It should be, for the $.

There's nothing like running games at 90fps-120fps, no graphical issues, no tears, no sttuters & G-Sync works wonderfully. Take a nasty hit at a high framerate - boom, never notice it since it's running so fast on the frames and so smooth anyways, it's like it never happened.

PC gaming heaven.

That's almost as good as me with Civ 5.

I have 16 hours on record in steam.  But I've only ever played the demo (probably 8-10 hours one day) and idled for cards once I got the full version.

Going through my wishlist and installed games here. I had some 400 games installed because if they aren't installed, they will slip into the abyss that is my memory. There are so many that I thought I wanted to play, but I guess my tastes have changed since wishlisting/installing. Down to a little over 100 installed and a handful in the list. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is I've reached that final level...called acceptance.

Lol gaming laptop
The problem was really not the CPU, RAM, or any of that stuff the last few years on mobile v. desktop - but GPU's on mobiles vs. desktops were very much leagues apart.

The GTX 1000 mobile series are a game-changer. It's very close to its desktop brother. Namely, by a few to handful of frames, at most. Go ahead and check the benchmarks online.

G-Sync only makes things even better and smoother, if you have it.

The GTX 900 mobile (900m) series ran very similar to 700 series desktops. So basically, performance on the 900m's weren't even close to its 900 desktop series. Major difference.

I feel really accomplished.

I spent the last few nights cutting my wishlist by half.

Still way to huge, but it's a start!
q5C7VkK.png

L92LPGx.gif

Don't judge me - my wishlist is essentially my store. Browsing my discovery queue every day and wishlisting titles that might be of interest helps to easily use sites like SteamDB or ITAD to sort through sales and bundles.

I honestly have no idea how anyone could tolerate browsing the Steam store looking for things to buy. There are certainly great and worthy games to be found, but once you get past the major AAA publishers and a handful of smash success indie games the store is a no man's land.

Don't judge me - my wishlist is essentially my store. Browsing my discovery queue every day and wishlisting titles that might be of interest helps to easily use sites like SteamDB or ITAD to sort through sales and bundles.

I honestly have no idea how anyone could tolerate browsing the Steam store looking for things to buy. There are certainly great and worthy games to be found, but once you get past the major AAA publishers and a handful of smash success indie games the store is a no man's land.
That's how I use the wishlist.

A few years ago I constantly went through the discovery queue, until I did everything, and added any and everything that was mildly interesting, based solely on screenshots, to my wishlist.

Cutting it in half was just me looking at the stuff on there more closely.

I think we should be able to have multiple Wishlists we can categorize the way we want and all on Steam.

Maybe have one for Indies. Another for RPG's. Action games. New releases. Another for Old Stuff.  Etc etc.

It's crazy, having one wishlist w/ almost 2000 titles here.

That's how I use the wishlist.

A few years ago I constantly went through the discovery queue, until I did everything, and added any and everything that was mildly interesting, based solely on screenshots, to my wishlist.

Cutting it in half was just me looking at the stuff on there more closely.
I should probably do that, as there's certainly plenty of crap I might have thought looked neat but is actually just crap.

In that sense one of the biggest reasons for being liberal with what I wishlisted was to help decide what IG bundles I wanted to get in happy hours. Usually 3 wishlist games was the magic number. Now almost every IG bundle is utter shit and we can't use PayPal with people outside the US unless we pay an extra fee. I was never a huge +1 guy but I'm completely burned out from what little of that I did.

I think we should be able to have multiple Wishlists we can categorize the way we want and all on Steam.

Maybe have one for Indies. Another for RPG's. Action games. New releases. Another for Old Stuff. Etc etc.

It's crazy, having one wishlist w/ almost 2000 titles here.
I've thought this, too. It would be nice to categorize or tag wishlist items. Then I could separate or filter the potential bundle fodder from the actual games I'd consider buying.

The downside of having a huge wishlist is that I'm too lazy to look at it thoroughly and find something to buy (viewing discounted titles only, sorted by discount or price). I've seen some hidden gems posted here and on SteamGifts. Unlike the past few sales there doesn't seem to be many extra cheap "complete the set" bundles to buy just for the hell of it.

I think I've become Mooby. My haul for this sale is going to be the smallest of the past ~3 years. Nothing grabs me.

I should probably do that, as there's certainly plenty of crap I might have thought looked neat but is actually just crap.

In that sense one of the biggest reasons for being liberal with what I wishlisted was to help decide what IG bundles I wanted to get in happy hours. Usually 3 wishlist games was the magic number. Now almost every IG bundle is utter shit and we can't use PayPal with people outside the US unless we pay an extra fee. I was never a huge +1 guy but I'm completely burned out from what little of that I did.

I've thought this, too. It would be nice to categorize or tag wishlist items. Then I could separate or filter the potential bundle fodder from the actual games I'd consider buying.

The downside of having a huge wishlist is that I'm too lazy to look at it thoroughly and find something to buy (viewing discounted titles only, sorted by discount or price). I've seen some hidden gems posted here and on SteamGifts. Unlike the past few sales there doesn't seem to be many extra cheap "complete the set" bundles to buy just for the hell of it.

I think I've become Mooby. My haul for this sale is going to be the smallest of the past ~3 years. Nothing grabs me.
Oooh, I knew there would be another Category I'd like to have on my Categorized Wishlist(s): Bundle Fodder. Probably would be a lot of stuff on there, I'd filter right into that. I often put stuff that'd been bundles into my Wishlist, just so I can trade stuff on the Cesspool - so to be able to have (at least) one Wishlist just for that stuff would be sweet.

bread's done
Back